• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Kanto Johto Hoenn Sinnoh Unova I wanna be the very best: a globe-trotting Nuzlocke gauntlet

Thread Description
Running through all of the Pokemon games. ALL OF THEM. (except for Green) Current: Black finished! Next: White

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Earthquake just sits there for the entire main game. Taunting you.

I’ve gotta say, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone use Pursuit against Elesa before, so nice work on that! It’s a shame about Cat, though... uh maybe Liepard will eventually get less bad??

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Dig will never be the same after gen 2. Which is to say, I don't really need this even though it's back up to a somewhat respectable 80 base power.
Okay, one of the issues I have with later gens is that every. move. gets. a. power. buff. It's like they want you to always have perfect coverage on every pokemon at every point in the game. I dunno, I just like having to think about movesets. (Except Quagsire. Quagsire needs every moveset buff it can get.)

a r c h e n g o o d

I didn't take Tirtouga because I have a Water type already. And Archen good. I'm not in a real rush to use it, though, since the Unova fossils pop up again in Alola.
Okay, I didn't know about the later fossils. I think it's cool when they reuse older Pokemon to give a region localized nostalgia.

That said, I would kill for Noctowl in any game post-heartgold.

that's earthquake up there

gib plos
no

"play doubles" - game "double battles haven't been standard since gen 3" freak
I like Gen 3.

Maybe at least partially because I think doubles are fun.

dicks

ah whatever, I wasn't going to use it anyway. 2nova gives you a free Skill Link Mincinno, which is really the only way to use Mincinno.
Technical/Tail Slap full STAB says otherwise.

Elestric gym leader time. Because Unova has some super weird hangups about its Pokedex, Elesa is only allowed to use Electric types that the player already knows about, so no Joltik or Tynamo; just two Emolgas and a Zebstrika.
Ehh. That sounds nasty.

well that's a real shame.
cat :(

"who give a shit" - Rene Descartes
Let👏Rene👏Descartes👏say👏fuck👏

this is his final team. so lame.
It's only four Pokemon!

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Earthquake just sits there for the entire main game. Taunting you.

I’ve gotta say, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone use Pursuit against Elesa before, so nice work on that! It’s a shame about Cat, though... uh maybe Liepard will eventually get less bad??
It wasn't even on purpose. I just wanted to use Liepard, and it worked out when Volt Switch came out.

Okay, one of the issues I have with later gens is that every. move. gets. a. power. buff. It's like they want you to always have perfect coverage on every pokemon at every point in the game. I dunno, I just like having to think about movesets. (Except Quagsire. Quagsire needs every moveset buff it can get.)

Okay, I didn't know about the later fossils. I think it's cool when they reuse older Pokemon to give a region localized nostalgia.

That said, I would kill for Noctowl in any game post-heartgold.

no

I like Gen 3.

Maybe at least partially because I think doubles are fun.

Technical/Tail Slap full STAB says otherwise.

Ehh. That sounds nasty.

cat :(

Let👏Rene👏Descartes👏say👏fuck👏

It's only four Pokemon!
I think he gets a Gigalith and a Haxorus in the post-game? Who knows why he doesn't have them now, though...

Now that we've hopefully recovered from the narrative whiplash of the last update's ending, let's move on. This item I've gotten here is...a prop.

That makes me think of the chief problem with Pokemon Musicals, which is that they're entirely self-fulfilling. You dress up your Pokemon, then watch a 2 minute cutscene where you maybe press one or two buttons, and then your prize for doing that is...more props to use when you dress up your Pokemon. There's no real incentive to do it more than once.

But enough about that. It's time to enter the banger zone.

Er...in a second.

We're here.

What was going on here to the point where closing the drawbridge caused enough of a ruckus to let them escape?

my problem now

yay, healing milk, just like in hollow knight

icon.

Rotation battles are not very fun in single player.

Route 6(?) encounter. Karrablast is something I've always been vaguely interested in, but its evolution method is so inconvenient that I've never used one.

That was just a quick detour from the real objective, which is the Cold Storage. For plot reasons.

encount...oh lordy. this is just rude.

Like I said, it's been over a month since this gameplay happened, but I remember finding a Lot of Herdiers. Vanillite, though is...Vanillite's...sure does exist.

oh my.

well that's unfortunate.

Flatter is trash. It's a special counterpart to Swagger...except that the reason Swagger raises Attack is to amplify the amount of recoil confusion damage does, so the special attack buff of Flatter is needlessly buffing your enemy with no drawbacks. I guess it's decent as a confuse ray against physical attackers, but nah. I still haven't used Watchog's confuse ray.

i know so

alder made Cheren have an existential crisis by telling him that pokemon battling is not DBZ

sure

hot

monkay

yes

coincidences like this are unreal, they don't even HAPPEN

most of the time

consider it done.

what did he mean by this

Well, that's taken care of.

Or not...but, uh, I'm gonna go grind.

Same power as a 3-hit Rock Blast...consistency?

oh wow Jam evolved, imagine that

those sure are some numbers huh

talking

Thanks, Clyde

hoi

so, Clay. The big man.

sick

hell yea

hell naw

bruh moment

Anyway, I got kind of distracted. But Clay's ace is an Excadrill, which in addition to being notoriously strong, learns Hone Claws and Rock Slide by leveling up. So it has...uh...Slide-doze? coverage.

that was disgusting.

y'know what,

well, that didn't work

there we go

aw snap

that's manageable

Something that's easy to forget about Excadrill is that its HP is pretty high. So it's not very hard for Sally here to outlast it with her draining moves.

See, that'd be concerning if I wasn't now faster than him.

the beast is dead

awyeah

awmm...hm. It's Winter now (AKA April...cuz, y'know). I don't know if that'll be a big deal...

oh

That wasn't too bad.

Nice and nice.

This is a pretty significant improvement over Gothita, I think.

One thing that Winter does mean is that it's hailing now.

rowte

>ground type leader
>favorite move isn't Earthquake
pathetic

oh...hi.

these sure are some words, huh

God bless

Will gets the egg because his evolution is imminent

it's better than Woobat, at least

ho wow, if this thing didn't have defeatist then Sally would be dead.

i don't know if that makes sense, but i don't know enough about fictional science to debate it

sure

woo?

oh, cool

oh, uncool as hell

really.

le sign.

you failed already

why not.

plasbad

oh, Now you show up.

gray version deconfirmed

this didn't flow as well as the writers thought it would

he's failing miserably. but he does keep this Klink, so that counts for...something

bye

rest in spaghetti, never forghetti

sure, why not. at least it's not weak to Swanna.

fun fact: i missed the screenshot of this line initially so i reset to get it, but i hadn't saved in the mistralton center like i assumed i would, so i had to replay the whole game up from the bianca fight

gamink

hey, at least I didn't straight-up name it Vriska. But Galvantula is a Pokemon that I like, so this is cool.

i intended to avoid this guy, but I forgot

rotaysheon

oh, winter...

cool

Unova says bug rights

she's growing so fast

oh also she doesn't have compoundeyes, which is kind of a shame.

Skyla counter secured.

ow.

tm

these guys change their facing direction when you press B

oh god damn it.

i don't even...

bad meme

yeah, when i'm ready

unova said no Dig rights

other tm

finally another regular, non-critical death.......yay.....?

Cubchoo because why not.

Well, more precisely, Cubchoo because I've never seen it be used. Also it's strong against the gym leader so why not. She's named after Paula Polestar from Earthbound, because...I don't think this was the chief reason, but when Paula joins you she comes with a teddy bear.

bad meme

thanks, Clyde

this isn't cannon

golly gee

I'm just trying to evolve paula before the gym leader, stop bullying me

here we be

I don't think of Skyla as threatening, but maybe I'm just a dumb about that

I mean, with a Galvantula she clearly isn't, but...

aghwh i missed the badge screenshot

hi

go away

I don't know what to replace this with, but.....?

nice!

ok cheren

rekked

recked

well, my sturdy is still up, so...

why.

also like hell do i trust that to not crit.

why

good.

ok so basically hes monky

oh.

rip

well. Now I have Surf, so it's time for our union-mandated single backtracking session.

hmmmm,

I don't have a flier

sick

why is this bridge different colors >:?

gib

incorrect.

there it is.

yeet

there are precisely 2 new locations that you unlock when you get Surf. This is one of them. (if you want to be petty and count this as 3 locations (17, 18, p2 lab) be my guest)

i am personally offended that they're giving me a deepseatooth right now. let me have a huntail, cowards.

also i did this on purpose

ty

I...don't...have Strength?

pictured: me realizing that I left my Bug type in on a FUCKING DARMANITAN

can't get much deader than that.

good lord

same, pal.

dweeble

a n g e r i s w h a t i f e e l

Oh...it's...huh.

I was not expecting the game to let me have that.

P2 Laboratory catch.......? I honestly don't know if this counts as a separate area from rt 17...

just in case...

Welp. That happened. ::::(

Okay, so P2 Laboratory DOES count as a separate area...but I was still in it when I caught that Frillish. So I need to go BACK to route 17 to catch a legit Frillish. ech.

Anyway. I added Klink. I didn't name it after Galactic Nova (the clockwork wishing machine from Kirby) at the time, but we can just pretend that that's what it's named after since that's a good name.

oh, I forgot about this, too...but past me didn't.

very cool.

awright.

these guys...walk back and forth when you press B.

very strange.

good stuff.

Mistralton Cave time.

sure.

All of the Swords live in separate chambers, which means multiple encounters. It *could* mean you can catch all of them, but...

meh, I say.

I think the Swords are kind of boring...or at least, I'm not interested in using them.

Ah, yes, Larvesta...the physical embodiment of Unova syndrome.

First obtained at level 1...doesn't evolve until level 59. Also -Sp.Atk nature, ew.

but, ah...

I'm using it.

Also, Klang is here.

Next time we'll see these kids in action. See ya then.

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Electro: Hmm, Snacky seems a little tired this update. Any reason why?
Snacky:
[/QUOTE]
oh, uncool as hell

really.
oh god damn it.
can't get much deader than that.
Electro: ...

Seriously, it would have taken me months to recover from that. It's amazing you're moving so fast.

oh wow Jam evolved, imagine that
T A N K

This is a pretty significant improvement over Gothita, I think.
If this statement is true, then riddle me this: why was Gothita against Skyla?

I don't think of Skyla as threatening, but maybe I'm just a dumb about that
Oops.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Ah, that was a rough update... at least your team still seems pretty solid? Hopefully the crits have mercy on you for the rest of this run.

Gothita evolves way later than I remember, it’s weird... and Larvesta just straight-up never evolves. They’ll probably do okay, though

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Electro: Hmm, Snacky seems a little tired this update. Any reason why?
Snacky:

Electro: ...

Seriously, it would have taken me months to recover from that. It's amazing you're moving so fast.

T A N K

If this statement is true, then riddle me this: why was Gothita against Skyla?

Oops.
I was pretty tired that day. Also, some obnoxious stuff happened in that update.

Ah, that was a rough update... at least your team still seems pretty solid? Hopefully the crits have mercy on you for the rest of this run.

Gothita evolves way later than I remember, it’s weird... and Larvesta just straight-up never evolves. They’ll probably do okay, though
It's solid in a vacuum. Which is to say, all of its members are good Pokemon on their own.

Unova is the land of late evolutions.

Today on Pokemon Black version: hopefully conquering this mountain will help me conquer my fear that Larvesta gets punked before level 40.

I actually think Cryogonal might be my only viable encounter here...other than, y'know...Drilbur.

got it.

it being winter means I can pretty much go wherever I want. I'm trying to find Substitute right now.

hey look, it's the Glaceon rock

that ain't Substitute

Seer has been doing most of the fighting, for the record.

no

golly gee

found it!

made it out. Speaking of Gothorita, I probably should've had her do most of the fighting just to get her evolved...

Here's the bad part of playing in Winter. I can't get encounters on ANY of these routes around Icirrus. Er...I can't get the encounters I WANT. I could still Surf for Stunfisk and Palpitoad, but what I want is Shelmet.

Outside Dragonspiral Tower encounter.

Well, that was fast.

I'm gonna want Seer to do most of the fighting in the gym, because she can, and I don't want any trouble. Also Riza is done with this Eviolite now, so yeah.

For a second I was concerned that these caps had been lost to time, but I found em. It wouldn't have been a big deal anyway, since it was a pretty uneventful gym.

Ice is not a very impressive type for a late gym, especially when your squad consists of 3 pure Ice types.

My mercy for him is that Seer's Fire move isn't very powerful, but it does make me faster than him.

Ow, Brine. That does just enough damage to be worrying.

rude

lul

many turns omitted for brevity. Cryogonal is already dead.

yep.

The Ice type is really made out of ice.

That went pretty well, all things considered. Now I gotta balance my levels a bit more.

This is a message from Lord Ghetsis: "I await you at Dragonspiral Tower."

well, we're here. neat trick: since Strength is optional, you can use it to skip this entire room.

there's items here, so I'm not going to, but...y'know.

<gravity falls meme>

glad to see this section summed up before it even started

just kidding, i don't want to get Hi Jump Kick'd.

sick

N pls

plot stuff

I can't wait until the one game out of 4 where I don't have to deal with this route's sandstorm

so I've heard.

plasma

aaaaaaa

If you look closely, you can see actual important stuff happening on this detour. Also, why is Simisear's Attack so much higher than her special attack. ugh.

If you thought this was a double battle....you'd be wrong.

Fans react to the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [2018, pixelated]

Somewhere down in there is a compellingly-written villain

Rockshiram get.

I was planning to.

oh, while I'm here...

hnnnng adamant Archen

It's not in my plan to use it, that's so sad.

*Gordon Ramsay voice* it's

f r o z e n

i'm still mad

y'know, this team doesn't really match well against Water types, does it.

Soak is a move that exists.

aa

I actually did kind of forget about this battle.

hm.

it's big brain time

this isn't really working, to be honest

agh, I always forget that Bianca uses potions

where did all that damage come from

delet

I could, but I won't.

Rollout! Good thing I didn't.

Well, that's that.

thanks.

Why is this so late into the game? Especially when half the Fire types already learn it.

bluh bluh

I should probably give this move more credit for being not terrible, but I don't want to.

3/10, I prefer the White version of this place

cute.

hrrng

should i spend all my money on these mediocre moves? no.

am I going to? .......

champa can have little a roleplaying, as a treat

hm.

remember what I said about hi jump kick earlier?

lore

thanks, Clyde

I assumed i had done an off-screen grinding session, but looking at Gigalith's level gives me the impression I just went in here raw. I probably shouldn't have expected so much of Beartic.

so cool

axe-hand morgan lookin ass

Time to hopefully OHKO his entire team.

yeah.

I shouldn't have expected so much out of Beartic. Not because she couldn't deliver, but because if she hadn't i'd be in dire straits right now.

Final badge! Heck yes.

The rest of this team would not have appreciated having to deal with Haxorus.

oooo, nice

sorry, but I need to, uh...go.

So. There's something I never got a chance to mention. I was expecting this part of the game to be more drawn out, update-ways, so it just never came up.

I made a promise to myself. If I could keep Larvesta alive, while using it like any other team member, until after I beat Drayden, then I would grind up to evolve it as an emergency win button for the last tenth of the game.

Well, she made it...

so as her reward...

she becomes death incarnate.

I...

was going to do a play off of the homestuck Davesprite "caw caw motherfuckers", but I don't know what sound a moth makes.

uh.

hollow knight. radiance.

yeah.

So the Seer is fully online. I will do my best to not just steamroll the rest of the game with her. I mean her as a tool only to be used in true emergencies.

Also, at only level 60, her movepool is kind of shallow.

You probably can't tell, but I'm going to route 7 right now to activate Him.

god, i really can't see anything

god, I want some soup

Unova does roamers "right" for once. They have a small set of routes they cycle between depending on the time of day.

And in the evenings, it cycles between routes 9 and 10...

gotcha.

no, not you.

You!

REMOVE

GENIES

er, yeah. I got Tornadus as my route 10 encounter, for the meme. Everything I could catch here save Bouffalant would be useless unless I overleveled it anyway. Except for Amoonguss, but I have kind of a loaded history with Amoonguss so I have no interest in adding one right at the end, again.

oh also, can't forget: BANGER ALERT

I am now on-level, and suddenly struggling.

rival battles i forgot about part 2

got em

oh come on

hmmm don't like that

afghfhfhaghh

fuck scald. all my homies hate scald.

YOU.

...don't know Pursuit anymore.

Sure.

Coiling...nice miss. I doubt it'll do much even if it does hit...

pls stop

why. where did you get those.

fucking leftoversllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

aaaaaaa

this is officially an emergency

i try

oh....thank you.

Nope!

moving on

uh what did i miss

So this I think was a bad but necessary critical. Because as you can see, my team matches horribly against Seismitoad. Which is a problem because Ghetsis has one. so...ugh.

begone

bro, i'm straight-up not having a good time right now

perfectly balanced, as all things should be...?

nice defense.

Added Tornadus because I'm a meme-loving fuck, and it's basically a free champ/dupe because it doesn't reappear.

These are the ideal badge check gates.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

banger alert part 2

what if i...got a Deino here...and fought the elite four with 2 Pokemon above level 60?

haha, just kidding...

...unless...?

damn.

Wow, last catch. so eventful.

schmoovin

it's a shame I didn't think to divide Unova's victory road into two encounters when I was making the rules, because I like the idea of Heatmor

eugh

i'm still schmoovin

AH.

You know...look at my team. now back to my opponent. now back to my team.

What Pokemon do I have that can handle a Fighting type that knows Rock type moves? the answer is none. I don't have a Pokemon that can handle that.

this is going to become a problem in about 10 update-minutes when Marshal has 4 of them.

oh fuck.

I didn't think of this as a sacrifice, but it totally was a sacrifice.

Sorry, Jam...I cared too much about Tornadus to risk missing the OHKO.

they ain't :(

fuck part 2: how do you solve a problem like Darmanitan

eugh

that might be a problem too

okay, it is a problem.

you earthquake-ass cheating-ass motherfucker

falcon miss

we made it out in one piece...

well, okay, 2 pieces... :(

here we are. And now I have to leave...

To get my true Route 17 encounter.

Well now she's up to speed...and now I have to get everyone up to their final levels.

See ya then.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Nice work with the last two gyms! Drayden is terrifying if you don’t have a good counter to the Haxorus, so I’m glad you got through him without trouble.

Unova’s victory road is brutal. I went to 50 before it in my most recent run just because there are so many unexpectedly strong pokemon

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
I was pretty tired that day. Also, some obnoxious stuff happened in that update.
Sorry if that came off rude, I just noticed it, and wondered why. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for you, the update answered it!

This is a message from Lord Ghetsis: "I await you at Dragonspiral Tower."
Your idea is much better. They could have done a cool message animation and everything!

<gravity falls meme>
<I understood that reference>

If you look closely, you can see actual important stuff happening on this detour. Also, why is Simisear's Attack so much higher than her special attack. ugh.
M O N K Y P O N C H

champa can have little a roleplaying, as a treat
I'm not sure what to say here, but this was really good, and I liked it a lot.

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Well now she's up to speed...and now I have to get everyone up to their final levels.

See ya then.
Fun fact: when I made that comment, I did not realize I had not finished the update.

How are you alive?

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
so I saw your run in the banner ads (look at that, they work), and I must say, what you're doing here is damn impressive. I spent all weekend reading every run and they've all been super entertaining. Sad you faced some bad losses these last couple updates though. But hey you can do this!

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Nice work with the last two gyms! Drayden is terrifying if you don’t have a good counter to the Haxorus, so I’m glad you got through him without trouble.

Unova’s victory road is brutal. I went to 50 before it in my most recent run just because there are so many unexpectedly strong pokemon
Beartic certainly works as a counter to Haxorus, though I wouldn't have been able to switch in on it.
When I'm not intentionally keeping my death count low for other reasons (cuz, y'know), I try to stay on fair footing with the game as much as I can. As you can see, that doesn't always work out for me.

Sorry if that came off rude, I just noticed it, and wondered why. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for you, the update answered it!

Your idea is much better. They could have done a cool message animation and everything!

<I understood that reference>

M O N K Y P O N C H

I'm not sure what to say here, but this was really good, and I liked it a lot.
Fun fact: when I made that comment, I did not realize I had not finished the update.

How are you alive?
Nah, it wasn't rude. I noticed it too, to a degree. Sometimes, it just be like that.
All my best bits are memes or references. I think they still count in that case, but...
I'm a resilient creature...when it comes to Pokemon, at least.

so I saw your run in the banner ads (look at that, they work), and I must say, what you're doing here is damn impressive. I spent all weekend reading every run and they've all been super entertaining. Sad you faced some bad losses these last couple updates though. But hey you can do this!
Hey, thanks! I'm glad to hear that you liked it.
Pushing through these runs hasn't been too hard, because I always have the promise of getting to play a game that I like later. and then once I run out of games I like, I'll be almost to the end so I can't give up now.

Team review time.

Unusually for me, I really haven't thought through what each member will do. But the types are Ghost, Dark, Psychic, and Fighting, so, uh...

On the surface, Paula doesn't have much to do. But she has a couple spots of usefulness. Ice coverage could work on Krookodile and Golurk, and Shadow Claw can do decent damage to the 8 mons that are weak to it. Meh.

Membrane does have a defined role, which is to keep Marshal from murdering me. Other than that, Jellicent is just good bulk.

Simisear has decent all-around coverage and a sleep move, but really the main reason it's here is that I can't box it. I guess it could nuke the Bisharps if I need it to...?

But really most of these opponents are too hot for Simisear to handle (hot damn).

REMOVE GENIES

I guess he can be backup for Marshal? All Marshal's fighting types have Rock moves, but a legendary is a legendary. Also a Dark move is nice to have.

I had to take Nova up 2 extra levels as a Klang to get Shift Gear. But set-up sweeping is fun, and the Electric coverage...exists?

you already know

I screenshotted all of this but i didn't fucking read any of it and forgot who was where.

I'm pretty sure I was looking to fight Shauntal first, since I thought she'd be the easiest.

But I found Marshal. Which I guess is good, to get him out of the way first, since losing any of my mons makes him that much more dangerous.

And here. we. go.

Banger alert. Also, did you know that part of this song echoes the elite four battle theme from gen 3? Compare Unova's (1:18) to Hoenn's (:43).

OW FUCK.

Did you know that Throh gets Guts? I didn't until after I used Will-O-Wisp.

Hopefully he uses Bulldoze again...

Hmm, that's not too bad...

Whew. Good thing that killed.

I believe this is what the kids call "spilling your spaghetti". It's working out, though.

At the end of the day, Grass Knot is still a special move.

DID YOU KNOW THAT CONKELDURR GETS GUTS. IT'S A GOOD THING THIS ONE DOESN'T FUCKING HAVE IT. NICE MOVES, PAST ME.

You don't need to see the whole Mienshao fight. What matters is that no one died.

sure

Are you Shauntal?

Apparently not.

Hey, it's Caitlin! You know, from the Battle Castle. Remember her? ...no?

Well, she doesn't remember you, either.

a

I had Focus Blast in mind. I had Energy Ball in mind. I did not have Thunder in mind. Also, I'm retroactively pissed about the amount of Thunders I missed in the climactic battle of a Blue nuzlocke I did now that this one hit me.

sigilyph scary

hnnng

Thanks, Paula

I must go. My planet needs me to not die.

son of the bitch.

war flashbacks

blease stop

grind never quit

a

play time is over

+2 special defense is not a joke

stop. I'm not setting up alongside you. I already made that mistake.

so this is the power of level 60

this stopped being funny after the second time Thunderbolt paralyzed me

Now that Seer's special defense is down, she can't take another hit. So my options are:
- Roll for a crit, and let Seer die if I don't get it
- Switch Membrane or Too Hot in on the +3 Gothitelle and pray that they can do something useful, or sack them to heal Seer
- sack one of the infirm to get rid of the special defense drop

I'm sorry.

Night Shade 🙏

o

F for Membrane. I never saw it coming.

this is not a game. if you ignore the fact that it is.

my pokemon have dead

Hi.

riveting.

REMOVE PRANKSTER

pop quiz: how the fuck do I fight a Chandelure

not like that.

removed genie :(

you have to be shitting me.

first hit of Gear Grind, gets burned. second hit, crits and still doesn't kill.

god damn this is painful.

well, let's see, mr. gambler man, i've been hit by:

-3 10% chances, each more horrible than the last
- a 30% chance at the worst possible time
- an untold number of non-failures from my opponent, including 2 85% hits in a row.

so, yeah, i'm not going to play fair today.

The RNG was bad, but really I think the issue here is my teambuilding. I did not construct a team that was prepared to deal with these threats.

Down we go...and just like real Americans, N speaks for the whole world when really he's barely even correct on a local level.

seriously, though, how much authority would the Unovan champion have over regions besides Unova? Given how nebulous it already is for the amount of political power the Champion has, I'm gonna say right about none.

All the other Pokemon were excluded in their own way, but GF made damn sure to jump over Sharpedo.

I can spew proverbs too, you know. Watch:

A fool and his clicks are soon parted.

Also:

This is a pretty cool moment.

yeah, yeah, yeah

you are now thinking about how sad it is that they deconfirmed the Striadton theory in BW2.

what a pal.

i don't have anything to say other than thanks for the candy, fucker

What a disaster this has been.

I would promise to not sweep the last 2 fights with QD Volcarona if that wasn't the only way for me to win.

ok boomer

i "actually" "kind of" liked you "a little"

i can't be hard on you, but come on.

This cutscene looks really cool when you're 8 and it's 2010.

Alright, Reshiram, wakey wakey, eggs and dead people.

haha yu gi oh

it's a good thing these kids are so easy to catch because I was way past unprepared to do it.

removing genies, one last time

ok yellow

...N kind of is just Yellow, huh. But instead of growing up in anime-land Kanto he had an abusive dad.

But enough about my waifu. I have a nuzlocke to beat.

The game tries to push you to combine their fusion moves, but using Dragonbreath makes way more sense.

oh, by the way, if you don't know what Reshiram is named after, then know that he'll always remember that you forgot.

how the cinnamon toast fuck do I beat this.

Well, I killed Reshiram.

I'm wary of Archeops. Also, I've been around the block enough times to know that this is his Zoroark, not Klinklang.

not like Paula was staying in either way...

He almost killed himself by Night Slashing my Rocky Helmet.

I would feel bad about this if my only living teammate wasn't a Beartic.

raise your hand if you know which dragon represents truth and which one represents ideals, because i haven't the foggiest

villanousbreakdown.mov

dennnnnnnnnnnnnnis.

(go away, your'e dead)

deeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnisssss.

DEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIISSSS.

OOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAA EEEEEEEEEEE OOOO AAAAAAAAA UUUU

RIP Dennis.

well, that's that.

What a disaster of an ending. This was a tragedy of teambuilding, and I hope I don't make the same mistake again in the future. Next time: This, again, but better, hopefully.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Urgh, yeah, the unova elite four can be a major struggle if you aren’t prepared for them. Who decided it was okay to give them coverage. At least your ghetsis sweep went well? I see you also got to deal with the fun of “his lead will use toxic even if you have a sub up”

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you decided not to pull some stuff out of the box post E4, if only just to get it duped out?

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
But really most of these opponents are too hot for Simisear to handle (hot damn).
Call the police and a fireman.

I'm sorry.
F for Membrane. I never saw it coming.
removed genie :(
god damn this is painful.
CHRIST ALMIGHTY THIS GAME HATES YOU

Down we go...and just like real Americans, N speaks for the whole world when really he's barely even correct on a local level.
Don't know if you're American or not, but this is scary accurate. Guess who learned about Dan Patrick's comments on the elderly and the pandemic from these here forums!

oh, by the way, if you don't know what Reshiram is named after, then know that he'll always remember that you forgot.
Named after what? Forgot what?

raise your hand if you know which dragon represents truth and which one represents ideals, because i haven't the foggiest
Oh! Oh! Pick me! I know!

Reshiram is truth and Zekrom is ideals

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
oh man, that was brutal. But at least you did it!

of course, I'm assuming Reshiram is duped out now but is Tornadus since you sent it back for Reshiram?

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Urgh, yeah, the unova elite four can be a major struggle if you aren’t prepared for them. Who decided it was okay to give them coverage. At least your ghetsis sweep went well? I see you also got to deal with the fun of “his lead will use toxic even if you have a sub up”

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you decided not to pull some stuff out of the box post E4, if only just to get it duped out?
Cofagrigus did not do anything smart, which is good.
I think I forgot that you have access to the PC and stuff when I wrote the rules. But I've sort of changed my mind on how the end of Unova should go since I wrote the rules anyway, and I changed it in a way that makes it harder, so that's okay.

Call the police and a fireman.

CHRIST ALMIGHTY THIS GAME HATES YOU

Don't know if you're American or not, but this is scary accurate. Guess who learned about Dan Patrick's comments on the elderly and the pandemic from these here forums!

Named after what? Forgot what?

Oh! Oh! Pick me! I know!

Reshiram is truth and Zekrom is ideals
I sure am American.
In Undertale, there's a guy in Hotland named Heats Flamesman who tells you to remember his name. When you walk past him again later, he asks if you remembered his name, and he says that he'll always remember that you <remembered/forgot>. That's the reference.
I'm just going to assume that's correct since I don't know either.

oh man, that was brutal. But at least you did it!

of course, I'm assuming Reshiram is duped out now but is Tornadus since you sent it back for Reshiram?
I think the way I wrote it in the rules said that Tornadus would not be duped out, since it was dead when I sent it back. But I wrote those rules back when I was playing, like, Silver or something. Now that I've actually played Black, I think that's kind of dumb, so I'm just going to dupe out all 7 of them.

Updated template:

As you may have read already in the replies, I decided to count all 7 Pokemon that were involved in the final battles as champs. Partly because the two that could've been potentially excluded (Tornadus and Reshiram) aren't going to reappear anyway (except maybe in ORAS?), and partly because it makes the challenge harder (or at least seem harder). Also, I decided to group all of the DS games on one template, because it's not too big. One last thing: since the templates aren't in my signature anymore, I'll start posting the full thing (Gens 1-5, or the most current one) in the starting post of a new pair of games. So Black 2, X, Omega Ruby, et cetera. Just to give you a clearer idea of what is and isn't allowed without making you dig through the thread.

Anyway. On to White version.

It's the new game. And it's very similar to the old game. But I'm going to try to avoid playing like a shitter this time, and actually build a good team.

Also, since the last run was so tiring, I'm going to abbreviate this one. I'll mostly only be posting major/noteworthy things. If I like how this comes out, I'll do it for subsequent times where I'm playing basically the same game again (e.g. Moon after Sun, Y after X).

So, going fast. As you can see, I picked Tepig. The reason for this is simple. I didn't want to pick Oshawott again since I used it (or failed to use it) in Black. And I didn't want to pick Snivy since I want to use Petilil as my Grass type.

I think I mentioned this in the beginning of Black, but here's it demonstrated: during the day, Pidove fly away at the beginning, but in the evening it's Woobat instead.

Here's our starter, Tepig. Named Gabon. This is a corruption of Ganon, the final boss from most Zelda games, but Ganon is a less original name than Gabon I think. The misspelling "Gabon" is sort of a channel meme for top OoT speedrunner ZFG. Mild nature is not something I like, but it isn't especially bad.

I forgot what it feels like to go fast...but anyway. Lillipup! I'm not going to let N kill this one. Rash actually is bad, since it lowers her special defense when she doesn't really get anything out of special moves. And I forget which ability Vital Spirit turns into, so let's hope it's intimidate. She's named after an anime girl who loved her dog very much.

🦀 winter is over 🦀

I was serious. N is going to pay.

same

"N is a bitch-ass motherfucker. He killed my fucking alt-self. He took out his pacifist furry Purrloin and he critted my alt-self." - Nina

Route 2 encounter. Purrloin lives to get caught another day.

I forgot to cap its stats. I guess we'll talk about it later.

Gabon was ruthless to Bianca.

So I've heard.

Pansear 2: Electric Boogaloo. Serves the same role at this point (being: Beat the other Monkey). Named after the other Grass monkey and also haha sandstorm.

Here's the gang right now. I guess I'll talk about Patrat. She has Run Away, which becomes Illuminate, which sucks, but I still like the 'mon. She's named after the Dragon Ball character. I think I had a more specific reason for naming her after Bulma in particular, but I forgot what it was. I need to start taking notes about these things.

Cheren got Monkey'd.

thanks.

Trying to fight the gym without training was a mistake.

Much better.

Leader time!

Decent...? Start. That damage on Tepig doesn't make me happy...

a

Hmmm...this is a little dangerous, but if I take one more hit, I should be able to finish him off thanks to Blaze...

Ugh.

Please just die so I can Monkey.

Please be Dragon Ball Bulma and not Dragon Ball Z Bulma.

good.

Gen 5 move animations are kind of hard to screenshot.

Clutch.

Easy money (not really).

Not as nice.

back to fasting.

haha encounters go brrrrrr

Modest, very nice. Musharna is actually pretty similar to Gothitelle in terms of stats. But we won't have Musharna for a while if we want Psychic (which I do). She's named Oozaru because Saiyans in DB(Z) transform into the oozaru when they look at the moon.

muda

(hint: it's me)

because I'm stronger

This is actually my encounter. I went for it on purpose for...some...reason...

Well, Audiyes, but actually Audino. I already have 2 Normal types, and if you remember the end of last run, you'll know that Fighting is a weakness that you really don't want to stack in Unova.