• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Kanto Johto Hoenn Sinnoh Unova I wanna be the very best: a globe-trotting Nuzlocke gauntlet

Thread Description
Running through all of the Pokemon games. ALL OF THEM. (except for Green) Current: Black finished! Next: White

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
often forgets that selfdestruct exists
- oof, that Lance battle was a massacre :(
- I'd say Shock Wave isn't that bad to have when so many things have access to Minimize/Double Team/etc
- I think Janine is weaker than the others because they really, reeeeally push the fact that she's a newbie gym leader. it's like her shtick. (which is also Flannery's but her team is op so I don't get it)
- I know HGSS are buggy but I don't remember the bugs being that frequent, are you running this on desmume/no$gba or on a phone emulator (like drastic)?

Anyway, you did amazing in Kanto so far, but with that team of yours it was always going to be a landslide! Good luck against the rest of the region

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
The lance battle made me sad because of Looksee. I don't know why, but I have a very strong attachment to every early game rat.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Holy crap, you are breezing through Kanto, huh. Shame about your Furret, I was so ready to see it sweep a Dragonite- maybe it’ll happen in Soul Sliver?
I plan to try. Also Johto-Kanto is even faster than normal Kanto.

- oof, that Lance battle was a massacre :(
- I'd say Shock Wave isn't that bad to have when so many things have access to Minimize/Double Team/etc
- I think Janine is weaker than the others because they really, reeeeally push the fact that she's a newbie gym leader. it's like her shtick. (which is also Flannery's but her team is op so I don't get it)
- I know HGSS are buggy but I don't remember the bugs being that frequent, are you running this on desmume/no$gba or on a phone emulator (like drastic)?

Anyway, you did amazing in Kanto so far, but with that team of yours it was always going to be a landslide! Good luck against the rest of the region
Yeah, Shock Wave can be situationally useful. I even got good use out of it in Emerald. But Thunderbolt TMs are literally free in this game, and it's so late, it's kind of hard to justify.
It makes sense, but it's weird from a balance perspective.
This is Desmume. I think it's just...Like That. The bugs aren't that frequent, but they do occasionally happen multiple times in a row, which is annoying.

The lance battle made me sad because of Looksee. I don't know why, but I have a very strong attachment to every early game rat.
I was sad, too. It was legitimately surprising to me; that Return really looked like it should've killed.

Now that I'm done in Fuschia, I can work my way back up routes 15 - 12 to get up to Lavender for the Radio Tower quest. Featuring: trainers.

see?

this was an accident, but...golly. That's a lot of money.

same

With any luck I won't need this, but it's nice to have.

For some reason seeing this happen made me nervous, so I capped it. Tuskegee doesn't have FULL health, but she's pretty okay...

oh.

oh. well, that....explains that...i guess....

:/

I still love you, Sunflora.

me when my barboach died in ruby

>105 base special attack
ok

I guess it's Sandshrew time, finally. But...hold on. This name will not do.

She's a quiller queen.

This is required to progress because you need the EXPN card to wake Snorlax to get to west Kanto and fight Brock.

Donphan was my Strengther, and I'm planning to backtrack through Rock Tunnel.

nice

Johto actually changes the layout of Rock Tunnel, so....

yeah.

thanks

<ctrl+r>

...interesting?

i did it

it died. mankey is frailer than i thought

hc: he literally stole like. the on switch or something

To Cerulean!

yay.

In GSC, you can just grab the machine part without fighting the rocket grunt. I don't know whether that's the case in this game, though...

Since this guy is canonically Unovan IIRC (he shows up in Icirrus), I guess this means the Pokemon universe canonically has multiple languages? Outside of, like, the GTS tower and stuff...

well, that's over.

time to deliver this -

good

In Gen 2 this was Zap Cannon, which is...a good meme.

nice.

k

whoa

Thank you mr. Joey

Alright, now she's up to speed. Time to go fight Misty, who Quiller Queen will not be facing at all......

that looks pretty good.

Nugget Bridge moved off of the bridge, for...some reason.

Destroying...

jesus.

ty

hmmmmmmm.......interesting...but I don't really want to delete any of these moves...

get back in your tub

Water good

Electric better

well, yeah

get fucked

aghahhhahgfhghah

she's counterpicking me, but i'm counterpicking right back

this is the power of my stand

(i don't jojo)

pathetic

dammit

STOP

finally

thanks for the badge, too bad it doesn't work anymore and the company in charge of making sure it works hasn't done anything about it in years

also what the fuck.

what the snaps. why is this route still one-way. you can't even surf out to cerulean cave anymore.

bluhhhh

I can't catch it, but it needs to move.

I, uh, guess these caps are out of order...? But I need to...

YOINK!

good bye

this is why i wanted to keep headbutt, but no

pottery

FUCK

>:[

and now it's time for: the only solely good fight grass types have for this entire game

all of brock's pokemon are 4x weak to grass

they're also EITHER 4x weak to Water OR neutral to it

Onix still being his ace is a crime. also come on omastar

rock slide, yay

squad goals

i actually have 0 reason to go to mount moon, but i want to

fucker

the only thing that i can really do here is the last Silver battle

yeah

bitch

i have a hilarious idea

i guess past me did not have that idea, but it appears to have worked out

he switched??

ok

Having Lemonades in a shop menu pleases me greatly, but I unfortunately don't really need them right now.

won't stop me from getting some, though....

well, we're pretty set for the endgame right now

good music time

don't ask

cool

Made it.

I'm pretty set for the last few gyms, I think. I'm satisfied with where I'm at.

pallet pronounced like ballet

don't call it a gift, you ass

since you don't live here, there's no healing spot in pallet, and i am complaining.

hey, buddy

hey, other buddy

Blaine is even less threatening in this game than normal, because you need one less power point to kill him

fucker

he's making me eat my words

better have burn heal

die

ok for real stop

oh snap

hurk

Corsola pls

IT'S TIME TO STOP

fuck

3 turns later...

I think this thing has Solarbeam?

:/

how did this happen

(oh, btw I remembered Nasty Plot)

I have few principles, but I stick to them.

Got em.

ok bluemer

Final team shot probably

and now it's time for spinfuck mountain

did it

Here comes Blue. I've actually had some problems with him before (namely having a less than stellar Water type, not wanting to heal her, and fucking myself over with the nominal antagonist of the run), but I think this team should do fine.

good start

It's time for Sighkick to actually do something.

i do not care, sir

fuck me

this is a good result

ezpz

And that's that. The final gym badge. All that's left is Red.

yeah, yeah

rock climb FUCKING SUCKS. I will never not be mad.

It may seem a bit weird to arrange my movesets right now, when I haven't done any grinding yet. It may also seem weird to teach my Ampharos Growl. That is correct. But I'm doing this for a reason.

That reason is:

I'm not grinding.

I am not going to give him any quarter. Through my own machinations and calculations, as well as a bit of advice from the pals over in this forum's Discord, I figured out how to beat Red without grinding.

First, use all my Rare Candies on Quiller Queen.

And...that's pretty much it. This is my team for Red.

Red has 6 Pokemon, with levels ranging from 80 to 88. I have a level 65 Sandslash and a bunch of sub-60 dudes. What's my plan?

Well, Iron Tail is Pikachu's only good way to hit a ground type like Sandslash. And while that is a lot of damage...

Pikachu's fangs are removable.

Now that Pikachu's attacking stats are cut in half, I can do some management.

lol, I say.

Removing the hail means I have to spend fewer turns healing Quiller Queen, which means Pikachu has fewer chances to lower my Defense or crit me.

Yowch.

And after those...I believe it was 4? 4 Growls, Pikachu's Attack stat is now about 17% of its original value, if I got that math right.

And now...

to stop him from lowering my Defense...

Beautiful.

With Sandslash's naturally low Speed and Sassy nature, I need four of these X Speeds to make myself confident in outspeeding his team.

And then +6 Attack...

And it's time.

One...

Two, three, four, five. Lapras, Blastoise, and Snorlax all knew Blizzard and were bulky enough to potentially survive a +6 Earthquake. But since I removed the Hail, I could hold Soft Sand instead of Leftovers to make the kills guaranteed.

And one more for the road...

Rock Slide missing was his last chance, but Quiller Queen is too good for that.

And it's done. Red beaten with no grinding for the fight. Not the most impressive Red fight I've ever seen, but still pretty good, eh?

And that's that: the TRUE ending of HeartGold version. See ya next time for more Johto in SoulSilver version!

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
yo, WHAT? way to make Red look like a wuss, that was some serious strategy. very very impressive

onwards to soul silver now, then

This is Desmume. I think it's just...Like That. The bugs aren't that frequent, but they do occasionally happen multiple times in a row, which is annoying
ah, gotcha. I'm a few steps away from starting a globetrotterlocke myself and I'm deciding whether to go with desmume or drastic.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Holy crap, incredible. And Corsola made it all the way! Great job

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Y'know, one of the first reasons I was impressed by this run was how much grinding you were doing.

QuillerQn probably has some choice words about my perceptiveness right now.

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
oh feels like speedrun strats
but yeah a little bit of luck and good x item strats can be so powerful, job well done

Illven

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Water, Clever
Woo, victory before grinding!

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
yo, WHAT? way to make Red look like a wuss, that was some serious strategy. very very impressive

onwards to soul silver now, then

ah, gotcha. I'm a few steps away from starting a globetrotterlocke myself and I'm deciding whether to go with desmume or drastic.
>soulsilver
eheh, uh, about that...
Glad to hear you've been inspired! This has been a fun challenge so far, so it's cool to see other people picking it up. As for emulators, I have 0 experience with drastic; I just use desmume because it's familiar to me.

Holy crap, incredible. And Corsola made it all the way! Great job
Hooray for Corsola. I might lament the loss of future chance to use Cursola if I ever do Galar, but I never even saw a Corsola in my whole first run of that game, so I doubt I'd've gotten one anyway.

Y'know, one of the first reasons I was impressed by this run was how much grinding you were doing.

QuillerQn probably has some choice words about my perceptiveness right now.
You fell for it, fool!

oh feels like speedrun strats
but yeah a little bit of luck and good x item strats can be so powerful, job well done
Speedrun strats, with 100% less slow and 75% less chance to die

Woo, victory before grinding!
It's like that quote about Batman.
"Always grind like hell.
Unless you can win without grinding.
Then never grind."

So. Uh. It's been almost three weeks.

My life has been something approximating nonstop in the past month. I don't have a lot of continuous free time, so writing updates for this run is difficult to do because I prefer to do it all at once. And the one time I did try to take it in chunks, I forgot about it and lost a draft that had been written all the way up through Whitney. So that sucked.

For the sake of my own sanity/health, as well as not leaving you readers hanging, I've decided to make an official statement on this.

I'm cancelling the SoulSilver leg of this run (in a sense). I'm still going to play SoulSilver, mind, but I'm not going to document it, mostly. I'm going to put this run on a brief official-unofficial hiatus for the duration of the SoulSilver run. Hopefully finishing that game will serve as a sign that my life's calmed down somewhat.

I will return with more regular updates once I start playing Platinum. I may include some brief highlights from the SoulSilver run if people want, but who knows.

For reference, I'm headed to the Dragon's Den to get the Rising badge after beating Clair, and this is my team:

So, yeah. See you then. I can't really give a good estimate for when I'll return, but it probably won't be more than, like, 2 months.

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
you did this on purpose just to spite me didn't you. the nerve. how dare you

just kidding, of course. I can only imagine how time and energy-consuming this is, especially having to replay the same game right after "beating it". take your time, don't let some silly game get in the way of important life stuff, and I'll be here when it's time to move onto the next game!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Don’t worry about it, man! Do what you need to do, I totally understand life getting way too busy

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
I understand this pain, and I want to go back to the time when I had no clue.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry

Just finished the worst SoulSilver run of my life. Resuming shortly.

(for the record, those last 3 new additions to the template are marked with yellow circles. The yellow circle indicates that they were not trained or used at all, as you can see in the teamshot, and were simply included because the rules state that I must have a party of 6 at the end of the run if I can. I was very tired of grinding by that point in the run, so I just used X items on Quagsire to sweep Red. they are still banned as per the rules.)

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Oh no, the RNG sure had a bone to pick with you here... maybe platinum will go better? Maybe??

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
I looked at your final team, and your dead box, and I felt my soul scream in terror.

W-why did this happen? What did you do to deserve this?

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
you did this on purpose just to spite me didn't you. the nerve. how dare you

just kidding, of course. I can only imagine how time and energy-consuming this is, especially having to replay the same game right after "beating it". take your time, don't let some silly game get in the way of important life stuff, and I'll be here when it's time to move onto the next game!
I'll hold you to that :P

Don’t worry about it, man! Do what you need to do, I totally understand life getting way too busy
At the time of posting, I didn't even understand just how wild life was about to get. Wacky.

I understand this pain, and I want to go back to the time when I had no clue.
You know what they say: ignorance makes you lose to Blissey.

Oh no, the RNG sure had a bone to pick with you here... maybe platinum will go better? Maybe??
I will make it go better.

I looked at your final team, and your dead box, and I felt my soul scream in terror.

W-why did this happen? What did you do to deserve this?
Not anything that I can think of.

Welcome to Platinum.

Finally.

Oh boy. This is, like...if you'll pardon the forbidden reference, the [S] Cascade of this run. By which I mean, it's not the end of the run, but it is the culmination of pretty much everything I've done in the past couple generations. I've been highly anticipating it myself, both because I'm expecting my team to be really cool and because I really like this game. A lot of my teambuilding choices prior to this have had a basis of "gotta save this for Platinum" or "gotta dupe this out before Platinum". I can take the normal dupes clause abuse that Sinnoh is already famous for, and turn it up to 11 by duping things out before the run even begins.

But that's later. For now, we're starting small.

Like, this small.

Remember this gag? I almost didn't.

Yes, sir!

Now that HeartGold and SoulSilver are already out, we don't need to bother with Johto-shadowing anymore, so instead we get this.

Beautiful.

I would object to this logic if most Pokemon media outside of the games didn't depict Professor Oak as having a metric assload of Pokemon just laying around in his lab.

This didn't stop being a thing that happens, apparently.

but Barry also still doesn't care.

That only works with each patch, not each individual tile.

I was going to edit this textbox out and replace it with the Phoenix Wright graphic, but I forgot to do that.

I do like this implication here that this is still the same intro from Diamond and Pearl. Only difference is Barry had a different plan, so instead of meeting Rowan at the lake, we see him on the road. It's kind of neat. And of course, he still forgot his briefcase.

ok frankie

you may think you're being nice, but if your Piplup kills any of my Pokemon you're dead to me forever for this.

Right, as I said in the previous Sinnoh runs and the last line, I'm picking Chimchar because it is very very strong. I could pick Turtwig since mine died in Pearl, but nah. Infernape also gives me an easy in for a trophy later.

you can just...walk past me. weirdo.

shoutout to barry for being a character

Fun fact: this is the first rival battle in the series where you have no control over whether or not you win. In Kanto you can use the PC Potion, in Johto and Hoenn you can grind freely before the fight, and in DP there is no early rival battle. But here the only battle option is Fight and those are your two moves. This then became standard until X and Y, where from then on you can no longer lose the first rival battle unless you want to.

of course, I did win...

based

I don't know how much of a thank-you gift a cryptid makes, but...ok.

I would also question how much he'd appreciate us capturing it if he didn't ask us to do that very thing later in the game...

Really, this whole mess was Mesprit's fault for hearing Cyrus say this flat-out and not doing anything about it.

Especially considering this, which reveals that it's not asleep at all right now.

iconic

This is a much funnier bet than an arbitrary fine. reminds me of that Adventure Time episode where they try to go a whole day without talking, and the stakes are "whoever talks first will be really disappointed".

hey

I love professor Rowan.

Every day I am haunted by what Dawn could do to me if I weren't nice to Pokemon.

Anyway, now I have a named starter, Pele. I got a female Chimchar, which is rare, so I named her after a Hawaiian volcano kupua. If you need to know anything else about anything I just said then watch this video, cuz that's where the extent of my knowledge about that topic comes from.

Return actually makes for a great early-game TM. It's a fantastic move once you've had time to raise your happiness, but it isn't too powerful before then, so it doesn't really matter when you get it. Every new game from now until SM gave it to you before the second gym like this.

Okey.

Route 201 encounter. Because of my dupes from my DP runs, I'll get Kricketot and Bidoof from the next two routes, and the order is the only variable.

Biddybuds are one of the generic enemies from Mario 3D Land. I can barely ever come up with a name for Bidoof that isn't similar to its original name.

Second encounter...it doesn't really matter.

Bagginses?

It would've been real good game design to make this tutorial not happen if you already have a second Pokemon. ...hm.

movie magic

I was already on the fence about using this in this run, but that modest nature seals the deal. It doesn't have a place in my final team, so I'll spare her life for now.

Fighting my way up route 202 with just these two.

You are correct.

Looker! After this, Looker appeared in every game up through USUM before being conspicuously absent from Galar. Which is weird, because I'm still not convinced he isn't based on the Tenth incarnation of The Doctor.

I literally laughed out loud.

Only eligible encounter for route 203...

Dustox is champ'd, so I'm just going to count this as a Beautifly. Again, the nature only seals the deal on my preexisting inclination to box it.

Ravaged path. This will be really nice to have, since Monferno can solo Roark but I'm a little nervous about it.

I was going to name it "Goose" after the game Duck-Duck-Goose, but I didn't want to make it seem like it was le untitled goose reference, because it's not. So instead I mixed that with what is allegedly an alternate name for that game, Duck-Duck-Grey duck. But then it turned out to be a brand of vodka. Whatever.

:|
Would've survived with 1 HP, got crit'd. I need to stop doing that. I didn't heal because it was using absorb and I didn't want to lose the damage race and drag out the fight more.

apparently i forgot to cap the dead box, but for posterity I'll be sorting my deaths by which ones were killed by meaningful criticals.

cool

Small squad.

I don't want to take any chances with rival 2.

yep

he growled

That's just embarrassing.

yep.

sure.

Working my way towards my third member

onix is still a bitch to catch

hey, look, onix

I wasn't kidding when I said this was hard. Between Pele being weak to Rock Throw and Grey getting 3HKO'd by it even at +0 defense, I had to keep switching back and forth to make sure no one died while I was trying to catch it.

hmm, today i will successfully finish the game with a Steelix
also, Quiet nature doesn't really bother me cuz at least it'll make Dragonbreath a little stronger

good coverage, i guess. not like Onix has anything else to learn

basinga

Prepping for Roark, which means level 14. All of my party member should be able to take him on handily.

one of, like, 5

hey, look, they actually finished making the game this time

that was pathetic

Ch

fun story: I actually had a couple tweaking attempts in DP screwed up by this. Some time during the trek through the mystery zone to get to Darkrai, I passed across the map of the Pokemon center's basement and stepped on the script that gives you the Pal Pad, pulling me off course during the cutscene. May or may not have made those attempts fail, I can't say for sure.

I'm just going to include this whole conversation because it's wonderful.

they have fury

y'all are bitches

deep lore

What did he mean by this.

no

If Psyduck could learn this I'd teach it, but...nope.

k

Progressing. A smaller party means my levels get higher, which means I don't need to grind yet.

ye

Shoutout to Platinum

Most of the bad Pokemon I could get from here are duped out now. And by "most of the bad Pokemon" I mean "the Wurmple line and 50% of all Burmys".

HELL YES

FUCK, NOOOOOOO

I autopiloted to my third move, expecting it to be Rock Smash, but it was Rock Throw

yuck

.......sigh.

wind works

Mars is unthreatening with Onix in tow.

Why is Charon here??

All done.

Oh, yeah, Drifloon,. I think I want that for my windworks encounter.

thanks, looker

Route 205!

The nature is good, but I don't want to bog down my team with temporary members, I already have Psyduck as my Water type, and Garchomp will be my Ground type. So, pass.

this thing was real annoying, but it also reminded me i should use Aipom if the game gives me one.

Eterna forest. All of DP's version-exclusives are completely absent from Platinum, so my only encounter option is...

er, that doesn't look right.

Buneary!
Oh, shit, I need to kill Chansey first.

It would be real nice if killing Cheryl's Chansey gave you experience...
but anyway, Buneary. I think this'll make a decent fourth member. But...it evolves by friendship, and its base friendship is 0, and Lopunny learns Return at level 13. So I need to evolve it right away, which is really difficult to do...
She's named after Liv Tyler, because the bunny in Homestuck is named after Liv Tyler. But I felt like giving a female Lopunny the name of a real woman that exists was a little too far to go for the reference. So, she's just. Liv.

At least it got The Good Ability.

Battling through the forest without training Liv, since no way in hell am I doing it without the Soothe Bell.

Yikes. I knew they had HP Fighting, but I did not expect it to do that much. Good thing they didn't double-team her.

Ch

look

Thanks, Platinum

Cutting it here for now. I gotta do some hardcore walking. See ya.

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is overrated
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Rowan is the best Professor, it’s true. It looks like you’re already having a good time in this platinum run, dead female combee notwithstanding. Have fun walking!

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
okay, guess who's back, back again!!

rowan truly is the best prof tho. hard agree on that.

looking forward to fantina!

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
G O T T A W A L K F A S T

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Rowan is the best Professor, it’s true. It looks like you’re already having a good time in this platinum run, dead female combee notwithstanding. Have fun walking!
Unfortunately, my footwear is not boots, and even if they were boots, they're clearly made for running, not walking. But I did do some of that too.

okay, guess who's back, back again!!

rowan truly is the best prof tho. hard agree on that.

looking forward to fantina!
I forgot to get her trophy. I didn't forget to catch Drifloon today, though...!

G O T T A W A L K F A S T
Takes me back to the halcyon days of Sonic 06.

Owie.

This is Barry's "winning" strategy. AFAIK the only thing that actually comes of this is that he gives his Staravia Double Team and Aerial Ace.

Route....ugh. Sinnoh's route numbers are kind of a mess. I think this is 211. The one next to Eterna and Coronet. I actually forgot that I'd used Bronzor already, but I found this first anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Oh, hey. Also, someone please tell me the Cynthia league challenge fic has already been written.

Anyway. Infernape is already my fighting type, and Meditite is barely worth its weight in lead at this stage of the game anyway.

I got sick of running around for Buneary. I'm gonna go to the gym now and pray it goes fine.

And our rival was faster than us, what a surprise.
For the record, I'll be leaving the step counter on the bottom screen for reference on the Buneary progress. If I wanted to go from 0 to 220 happiness (about where evolution starts happening) from just walking, it would take around 56,000 steps...if walking 256 was guaranteed to give you a happiness point, which it isn't; it's a 50% chance. Yup.

Anyway, the gym's different. It is now actually Grass-themed. Okay.

ezpz

Gardenia time. Gardenia should not be much of a problem with Monferno around...I hope. The problem is that Roserade is scary, and my other 3 team members are respectively dead to grass, dead to grass, and level 12. So if anything goes wrong, I'm SOL.

I'm stalling in the hopes that she's stupid enough to use Sunny Day.

Ew. I do still have Ember, though.

good.

Cherrim probably lives...

And she missed Leech Seed. Fantastic.

And reflect goes out...

Easy.

yeah..

LOVE ME BUNEARY

nothing personal

Hey, it's the Thief TM! Now I can go get a Metal Coat to evolve Onix!

...awkward.

Time for this.

Oh also it's night now, so time to go catch Rotom

They really play up the Rotom encounter for no reason in this game. It's like they were trying to figure out whether or not to count him among Sinnoh's...(calculating)...12? other legendaries.

But I like Rotom a lot.

...awkward.

At least this is still here.

Back to adventure.

I like to fight every trainer, but that guy over there has a Kadabra with an X Special Attack, and I have nothing for Kadabra, so no thank you.

ty

v

She's almost as cartoonishly evil as she is cartoonishly bad at video games.

I'm not happy, though, because the egg is a Togepi and I'm forced to take it even though I can't use it.

Now I can grind happiness slightly faster. Whoopee.

nice

Oop, I forgot to box the egg.

ech.

That's just insulting.

Time to go catch Gible.

uh, also this, i guess.

And now, one of the moments we've all been waiting for...

Gold, dupe, Crystal, Pearl...

(she sure took her sweet ass-time, huh)

Yes.

or, don't?

I have to micromanage both of our HP levels, since she can kill herself with Take Down.

And got it.

Named after the leader of the Sharks, from Earthbound.

Good nature. Garchomp is incredible and, as I've said before, I want to use every pseudo (in their debut gen, if I can justify it). I used Dragonite in Red, Tyranitar in FireRed (where it is ironically MORE accessible than in GSC, if you do the postgame), Salamence in Emerald, and now this.

Also, Gligar can learn Thief, so time to legitimately obtain a Steelix.

where be Mira

there she be

Mira helpfully restores your Thiefs so you can't run out while stealing from Bronzor

got it! That was fast as hell.

Quit being a weirdo.

I want to wait until level 27 to evolve, cuz that's when Gible learns Dragon Claw (as opposed to Gabite's 33).

Sure?

Oops.

I hate Slam.

Steelix! Yay! I won't let Fighting types kill you this time.

Yeah, not taking any more risks with Gible now that Mira's gone.

Gabite! Gabite has one of the shorter tenures among pseudo mid-stages up to this point, but relative to the later generations it's one of the longer ones. I seriously believe that Garchomp used up all of the creative sauce that they have to use on pseudos, and they've been running on fumes ever since. Don't get me wrong, the designs are still fantastic, but the gameplay side is a nightmare. Final evolution at level 64?? 10 levels in between evolutions? Only evolving when leveling up past 50 in the rain?? What are they on. These things are not designed to function properly outside of their home games, and that's depressing.

But I digress.

Now is time for progress. I always remember this Rare Candy.

trash-tier

God bless

ok boomer

27 year old boomer

the big man...
HASS the loss

hey, guess what's not going to happen?

fuck teleport

A male, with a nature that doesn't affect either offensive stat...hmmm...I'll throw this on the team, but I'll have to think about what I want to evolve to.

I have 2 new recruits to train up, but there's also some loot in here that I want.

Done. Also, that little island there is a miniature Sinnoh, and the Secret Power TM is right about where Spear Pillar would be. Really makes you think.

Rock On missed about 8 Slams in a row here. Also, sidenote, I was planning to rename her to Rock Off after she evolved, since she's not Rock-typed anymore, but now I don't feel like it.

oh my

clutchbox

40,000 steps later...

Finally.

may or may not ever use this

spoiler: i don't

Cool, cool. Neither of these two will do anything useful at all in the Ghost gym, so I'm gonna go fight it now even though they're not done.

Did I ever point out how unusual it is that your mom has a name in this game?

This gym's puzzle was changed to be spookier...

This first room is bright enough that you don't even need the flashlight.

the second room is a bit darker, and also like 5x as big...

ey b0ss

Fantina is scary for the same reason Morty is: level 25s with 80 base power STAB moves.

My whole squad is a little overleveled, but Pele is ultra-overleveled, but she's also immune to Will-o-Wisp...

Future sight blows

lmao at 9 damage future sight

Mismagius is scary

Wowie zowie...Blaze Flame Wheel actually 2HKOs, meaning Pele could hypothetically kill this thing herself! ...If it didn't outspeed her...or have a Sitrus berry...

em.

Between the Screech misses and confusion hits, that was actually really difficult, but it's over now.

hey.

this happens

"oh no" - Knuckles

Rock moves aren't STAB any more, but they still do good work. But aah, special Water type! Run!

Rotom would be real nice right about now...

Problem solved.

gotem

Ow, Low Kick.

Encounter!

big brain strats

A Good Rod is really good. But we still need Surf before we can use it to catch what I want.

I...don't know why I did this? I already caught Chansey here.

I'm gonna count how many times this misses.

Solaceon town marks you having access to Moomoo milk, which is always fun.

Hell yeah, now we got business setup!

i'll take your entire stock

for what purpose? Agility?? lol

Somehow the encounter is the least exciting part of this place.

All 3 stones are here, though the only one I expect to use is Fire, and only if something truly dire happens.

Defog is like a job. It sucks and I don't want it but I also need it. And also the modern era makes it way more important than it has any right being.

the wording here implies that Arceus didn't actually create Dialga or Palkia but that they are aspects of him somehow. that's kind of interesting.

rude.

I think this guy just pulls from your seen pokemon list, but there is no way for me to get a Turtwig even if I do break the rules.

prog rock

aw tits

we were 3/4HKOing each other, i was gonna be fine >:/

do I hear 3?

ayo

AYOOO

Instant add. To find out why she's named that, play Paper Mario 2.

Pictured: me realizing that it's very fortunate I just got Scyther, because my team sucks against Heracross, and my rival gets one later.

90 bp STAB ahoy!

why

does this even count as loot?

when will I learn?

when will I learn

THAT MY ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQ--oh, it went fine.

cool.

imagine if i had gen 6 fury cutter here

Now that's what I call loo--OH, GODDAMMIT IMPISH PORYGON. at least it's Trace for the Adaptability Hyper Beam memes.

I thought this was getting me something useful, but nope.

Did you know that Lopunny is bulky?

thanks for the grinding help, kids

this is gonna be free even though my team looks like it sucks against Maylene

Psyduck did the gym trainers to evolve, and now Scyther handles Maylene.

not gonna say it

The game was not prepared for me to have a 90 power SE STAB move

Speaking of high-power STAB moves, Liv Tyler is kicking ass now.

Why...would Team Galactic need a Pokedex anyway?? I mean, maybe they could use it to find strong Pokemon, but...?

He's right...Team galactic escalates from Skull-level nuisance to domestic terrorism in a real hurry.

thanks?

thanks.

I do have a teeny dilemma about to whom I give my ground TMs, considering I have 2 ground types and neither of them learn Earthquake by level, but I'll cross that bridge once I'm sure neither of them are going to die.

sure

friendly reminder that later gen evos DO NOT restore a line to usability, so Rhydon in gen 1 means these boys are OUT. No Rhyperior for me.

dog

I could've just kept False Swipe but this is more fun.

rude

my team sucks against Water. Grey needs stronger moves.

doble

lol fairy types

I forgot Bronzor was a Pokemon and almost let Pele get killed, but fortunately Bronzor isn't actually a Pokemon.

i was going to make an infinity war joke about how there are no futures where Razor Wind is a useful move but that reference is like 3 years outdated so you can just imagine it instead

its britney bitch

I got this here because I want a Skorupi from the Safari

yooo

Why didn't I try to use Tropius in Emerald...?

Route 213

...dragon rage OHKO'd.

Trained for Wake and "accidentally" got Pele over by one level. also upgraded the movesets a bit.

oi

"Not even a contest" - Zelos

Okay I think that's enough content. Update over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)