Thread Description
Running through all of the Pokemon games. ALL OF THEM. (except for Green) Current: Emerald

SnackyTheSylph

I'm holding out for a Geno
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Has a lot of projects, but staunchly refuses to share any of them publicly.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aw, losing Until Dawn is a shame. Hopefully a Manetric will work well for you!

I’m glad that Pelipper gets better water coverage in later games. Honestly, without a water pulse TM, a lot of water types struggle pre surf, it seems
Why they gave the Water Pulse TM to the eighth gym leader is beyond me. But Electric coverage is very nice, so Manectric should do well.

Fair. That sounds like an annoyance that's earned a bit of complaining.

anti-climax

Heh.

Live up to your name!

Might as well get some use out of Mallow while you have him, right?

It's so bizarre that ghost-type moves were all physical before the physical-special split. It's so clearly meant to be a special move that it even has the Sp. Def stat decrease!

Is there any problem that Slowbro can't solve? Not in this game, apparently!

I'm glad to see Mallow get a genuine chance to shine here. Earning his place on the team!

Welp. Looks like Lance has traded his glitchy Gen 1 Dragonair that effectively can't hurt Pokémon weak to psychic for a Gyarados that inexplicably can't touch flying-types. Brilliant strategist, this guy.

Ah, that's tragic. Poor Dactyly.

You.

Yeah, get rekt! After what it did to your team in FireRed, I'm glad to see it put down for the final time (in Gen 3) with no fuss. Sleepin really is just the MVP you expected.

Uh oh--

Haha, what?

Ha, nice. An appropriately undignified for this team-killer (that is, BUTT5, not the Arcanine) to go out.

Good job, you!

:( Poor Treecko, hit by the same grass starter curse as Chikorita.

Strategy talk! I'll be interested to see your eventual decision on whether to keep her or leave her (supposing she survives to that point). And I like the provided explanation for the name; it's interesting. Also, that video sounds interesting and I should check it out.

Well, it's not like you'd have had to redo much of the game if she had died.

Haha, I like the reasoning behind that name.

This is a cute name, too! And a cute naming scheme!

It's a shame that due to some cruel of the universe you can never get the specific Wurmple evolution you want on the first try. Erberor got bit by that too in both of his Dustox Sololockes. And don't get me started on the experience of trying to shiny-hunt this line...

Oh, the butterfly->butterfly effect->Until Dawn train of logic here is fun!

Dang. What a menacing thing to say to a poor, unsuspecting NPC!

Haha, I feel like this summarizes everyone's reaction to Scott.

Hopefully you won't ever be in a position of actually needing her when you have such better options down the line.

The three exclamation points are an exquisite detail, I must say.

It's nice that Game Freak puts these little quality-of-life tweaks in as they come up with them rather than saving them all up for the beginning of a new gen like they do the bigger mechanics changes.

Those hits where the opponent survives with a sliver of health are the worst. At least this one didn't come back to bite you.

Excellent timing!

...that is a great question, and it's gonna bug me now.

Wow, your Emerald team really likes trolling you, huh. This is the third such close call so far!

Ooh, cool. It'll be interesting to see a Whiscash in a Nuzlocke!

That sounds like it's gonna be good!

Something for you to fix in your rom hack, I suppose!

Sounds like an excellent plan!

Especially if you forget that this battle is here... >.> Thankfully, you didn't!

Oof. Just as well that May stops being a rival partway through the game, because that Combusken is already showing the potential realized in its evolution.

Oof, I know that feeling. Rollout's brutal.

At least it's not a total loss!

Burn + low HP must have made for an alarming few seconds. Whew.

Ha. Serves 'em right.

What a shame.

Nicely done.

It's nice to see such an evil tactic de-fanged.

It's not often that Rollout invokes that feeling of dread at its inevitability on the side of the person using it!

Just like with Blue's Arcanine, glad that Overheat didn't quite reach its full destruction potential.

Oof. What a shame.

So insensitive, Lanette!
Whoa! Thanks for all the replies! I really appreciate reading your thoughts on my stuff. Sorry to say that I'm a little strapped for time, so I won't be responding to your stuff individually (at the moment, anyway), but thank you!

Course after surf every water type has the best water coverage.
Well, yeah. That's pretty much all. The Water Pulse TM is worthless and so is Dive; the end.

An incidental levelup brings us to start this update with an objective upgrade. Leaf Blade is Sceptile's only redeeming quality in this game battleways, I'm sorry to say.

And I was in the area, so I picked this up. There's a second one later, but I still hesitate to use this too soon.

These are infinite cures for sleep and confusion, respectively. Nice finds.

...eh? There's an item down there...

Huh. I've opened this map in a map editor and I still didn't know that was there.

And we're here. Norman time.

No, don't.

Obnoxious. But, the best it can do with those 60x6 stats.

Care, I do not.

This is going swimmingly.

Erm...I have something in mind here, but I don't have enough HP to do it.

mehhhh...

Cool.

I...wanted to Counter him, but HE used Counter as well. Hm. We seem to be at an impasse.

Except that I get free turns to hit him! Woo!

After several turns of Counter/Counter-Mach Punch/loaf and a Hyper Potion, he finally attacks me.

*dragon roar sound*

Nice. First time I've actually been able to execute my plan against Norman.

Good and good. No Swellow to abuse Facade, though.

why did you say it like that???

ty

d'oh. I meant to delete Water Gun.

Well, whatever. I guess we're teaching it Fly, then.

3XC3LL3NT >:]

hello, yes, i did just kill a taillow with a breloom, heres my dumbass license to prove it

*pointed glare at FRLG*

Hmmm...I wonder...

...it is physical. I'll hold off for now, though. I think after Winona is when I'll do my irreplaceable TM splurge.

Raptor Pro Tip: Surf down and around to Slateport instead of crossing route 103, so that you can pick up Ice Beam.

that's...not...how this game works...

I got Foresight'd while I wasn't looking. I forgot that that was even a mechanic.

>:[

but at what cost...?

D34D.

Well, this will absolutely not work, but I'll give it a shot for the memes.

Pictured: Me refighting a trainer despite never receiving a pokegear call from them. Match call is worthless.

WELP. I don't even know. I think confusion was involved in this somehow. Better early than late, I guess.

I wish that had worked out, but I'm completely unsurprised that it didn't.

This seems a good fit.

I'm sure this will have no long-term ramifications.

Electric is weak to Ground. Also, I want Thunderbolt.

I actually really don't want a Magnemite here. I want to save it for either Pt or B2W2, so if I catch one here it's basically a blank since I won't use it.

thanks.

Fun fact: The "on" and "off" generators are actually two different sets of tiles. When you hit this switch, it overwrites all of the "on generator" tiles with the blacked-out, non-animated "off" tiles.

Thank you best gym leader.

No-brainer. If I really want one for Linoone for whatever reason, I can just buy one.

Step 2. (step one was catching a Magikarp)

Pictured: me clicking Magnitude and IMMEDIATELY realizing that they have just learned Bubblebeam at this level. Fortunately, Constrict.

No. At least it functions in this game unlike Gen 1, but...no.

Wait, I am?

Huh, I guess I am. I suppose I never came back here after Watson or Flannery...

mother.

FUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So Mr. Humpy was low on health. I didn't want to catch a Magnitude from this thing, so I switched in weeb name with plans to Leaf Blade. And this MONUMENTAL BASTARD uses SELF-DESTRUCT and CRITS ME FROM FULL.

I am upset.

at least I can use mega sceptile in oras...?

My squad is falling apart :((

...now what? It's not like I need another Grass type, since I have Breloom (though he is bereft of Grass moves atm)...

Whatever, it's Trapinch time.

Speaking of Trapinch, you know the Mandela effect? If that wasn't a bunch of stupid bullshit our dumbass brains made up, I would be convinced that I'd been Mandela'd from a universe where Flygon learned Dragon Claw upon evolving at Lv. 45 (and also where Dratini evolved at Lv. 33). I distinctly remember being mad in Gen 6 when I saw that they'd "replaced" its Dragon Claw with Dragon Tail, but...no. That's not how it works.

We be movin.

How did you even get back there?

...Hm. I wasn't really aware that it could rain here.

...roar.

>:(

Buying Flamethrower, just in case. (my intention was for Flygon, but then I realized I have a Numel)

I lived a hit on 14 HP while seeded. Thank God I don't have, like...15 more max HP.

anyway, fuck off Breloom

This is nice because I actually kind of got rocked on the way here

no one died but I was hurting

Why was this never the standard for when you have a full party. they didn't even do this with this castform in RS.

i been movin

That means "I'm gonna sweep you with Pelipper"

Goose *could've* taken Lombre as well, but that's a waste of time.

Achah!

thank

How dare you say that to me, you f.....

actually, she's right. I never picked up the Amulet Coin from Mom.

fuck off, scott

Revisions. I went ahead and taught Ice Beam because otherwise Altaria would moidah me.

:(((((((((((((((((

No it literally has not.

When I initiated my Barboach plan in Sapphire, I had to grind route 118 for the 1% Kecleon so that I could catch Barboach here, since there's a Kecleon blocking access to the pond. Fortunately, Kecleon is a champ now. So that's old news.

Just snapping a shot for posterititty in case this somehow kills.

er, could you stop

god damn it

AND RIGHT BEFORE THE FLYING GYM TOO

:(

Accurate descriptor of how I feel rn

also a good-ass Voltorb, but I don't feel like using it yet.

Mr. Humpy got to level 33 while I was fishing for Barboach, but no. Protip: wait until Lv. 35 with Numel; you get Earthquake. You could also go to Numel 41 for Flamethrower, or save yourself the chance of it dying by buying a Flamethrower TM.

Finally. This took like 10 minutes.

And we end this update exactly how we did the last one: with a modicum of grinding to do. See ya then.

Electro

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
I hate grinding. I have stopped several runs because I hate grinding so much. After seeing the amount of grinding you have had to do, how are you alive right now?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Whoa! Thanks for all the replies! I really appreciate reading your thoughts on my stuff. Sorry to say that I'm a little strapped for time, so I won't be responding to your stuff individually (at the moment, anyway), but thank you!
It's fine. I did just dump a huge load of comments on you at once. It's reasonable not to be able to reply to them. And even if it was just for the latest update, it'd still be fine. Thank you for your thanks!

An incidental levelup brings us to start this update with an objective upgrade. Leaf Blade is Sceptile's only redeeming quality in this game battleways, I'm sorry to say.
:'(

These are infinite cures for sleep and confusion, respectively. Nice finds.
These flutes are the best. It's a shame that they don't appear outside of Hoenn.

Erm...I have something in mind here, but I don't have enough HP to do it.

mehhhh...
Wow, it did almost the exact amount of damage that you'd just healed off! Good thing for Truant.

I...wanted to Counter him, but HE used Counter as well. Hm. We seem to be at an impasse.
Haha. Oh well, that's awkward.

Except that I get free turns to hit him! Woo!
Nice.

Nice. First time I've actually been able to execute my plan against Norman.
It was a good plan! Good job.

hello, yes, i did just kill a taillow with a breloom, heres my dumbass license to prove it
Hey, you pulled it off. That means it wraps back around into cool. Maybe that should be a forum achievement...

that's...not...how this game works...

I got Foresight'd while I wasn't looking. I forgot that that was even a mechanic.

Ooh, no, that's just cruel. A real shame. So much for getting to play with that ghost-type immunity.

WELP. I don't even know. I think confusion was involved in this somehow. Better early than late, I guess.
Yeah. I definitely got the impression that you saw this one coming. You communicate tone pretty well, IMO. Just as an aside.

Pictured: me clicking Magnitude and IMMEDIATELY realizing that they have just learned Bubblebeam at this level. Fortunately, Constrict.
Oh yeah, even I got alarmed halfway through that sentence. It's nice that the AI can be forgiving.

mother.

FUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
No! Not the starter! That's extra cruel. (Although, as you said, maybe there's a hidden silver lining in future games... That's the tradeoff with this ruleset, and it always adds an interesting dimension when it comes up.)

And this MONUMENTAL BASTARD uses SELF-DESTRUCT and CRITS ME FROM FULL.
Ugh, of course. And no Terezi to harmlessly tank the blow. Shame.

Whatever, it's Trapinch time.
Nice.

I lived a hit on 14 HP while seeded. Thank God I don't have, like...15 more max HP.
Yeeesh. No need to cut it so close, Mr. Humpy!

When I initiated my Barboach plan in Sapphire, I had to grind route 118 for the 1% Kecleon so that I could catch Barboach here, since there's a Kecleon blocking access to the pond. Fortunately, Kecleon is a champ now. So that's old news.
Wow. All that effort, and it was before you documented it! You really earned that Barboach. I hope it doesn't die.

god damn it
Really?! The Manectric too?! The one you just TM'd?! This game's out to punish you this update! That's rough.

Mr. Humpy got to level 33 while I was fishing for Barboach, but no. Protip: wait until Lv. 35 with Numel; you get Earthquake. You could also go to Numel 41 for Flamethrower, or save yourself the chance of it dying by buying a Flamethrower TM.
Useful advice! Thanks!

Finally. This took like 10 minutes.
I for one am looking forward to this plan!

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I hate grinding. I have stopped several runs because I hate grinding so much. After seeing the amount of grinding you have had to do, how are you alive right now?
I am very determined, and very committed to finishing this run. Also I know how to grind well, since I've played these games so many times. also i hacked in a lucky egg to speed things along in FRLG but shhhhhhh. also i won't make a habit of that

It's fine. I did just dump a huge load of comments on you at once. It's reasonable not to be able to reply to them. And even if it was just for the latest update, it'd still be fine. Thank you for your thanks!

:'(

These flutes are the best. It's a shame that they don't appear outside of Hoenn.

Wow, it did almost the exact amount of damage that you'd just healed off! Good thing for Truant.

Haha. Oh well, that's awkward.

Nice.

It was a good plan! Good job.

Hey, you pulled it off. That means it wraps back around into cool. Maybe that should be a forum achievement...

Ooh, no, that's just cruel. A real shame. So much for getting to play with that ghost-type immunity.

Yeah. I definitely got the impression that you saw this one coming. You communicate tone pretty well, IMO. Just as an aside.

Oh yeah, even I got alarmed halfway through that sentence. It's nice that the AI can be forgiving.

No! Not the starter! That's extra cruel. (Although, as you said, maybe there's a hidden silver lining in future games... That's the tradeoff with this ruleset, and it always adds an interesting dimension when it comes up.)

Ugh, of course. And no Terezi to harmlessly tank the blow. Shame.

Nice.

Yeeesh. No need to cut it so close, Mr. Humpy!

Wow. All that effort, and it was before you documented it! You really earned that Barboach. I hope it doesn't die.

Really?! The Manectric too?! The one you just TM'd?! This game's out to punish you this update! That's rough.

Useful advice! Thanks!

I for one am looking forward to this plan!
I mean, to be completely fair, it is the fastest Grass type unboosted. But still.
Yup. I think they might be in, like, some really obscure locations somewhere in later games, but I don't know where.
At least this time I had Pelipper in case things went south.
Oh, yeah, in RS my plan was always to protect with Pelipper, but then my Pelippers kept dying before the gyms.
Yup. Removed, it was. Spiritomb, my no weaknesses child will be.
Thanks ^^
Forgiving is one word for it... :P
Yeah, of course. As soon as Terezi leaves, everything falls apart. Just like...er, just like....hm. I actually don't have a Homestuck reference for this one. >:/
It did end up being worth it even if that Barboach died, since that Kec made it to the end. Also I meant to say Ruby, but details.
At least there's more Tbolt TMs.
Numel strats!
Here's hoping I don't screw it up somehow.

Everything you touch dies!
emerald is hard, okay

First things first, a good STAB move. Assuming Pelipper doesn't die, I'll have to delete this for Dive/Waterfall later, but that's a relatively long way off. So this is fine.

Turns out that Trapinch's Soft Sand wasn't so extraneous after all, considering I have THREE ground types.

Incidental level ups while grinding something else always bring me great boons.

All good memes, but no. Snore is 40 BP, and Stockpile doesn't raise defenses in this game. I have better moves to use.

Er...huh. I've been up and down Route 119 a couple times and only found Oddish and Linoone, but I suppose that this is my encounter...
now I'm thinking about it, I could've gotten Feebas in THIS game if I wanted to...but it's probably still better used in Pt.

I know Tropius is kind of hard to catch and Headbutt is a 3HKO, so I'm gonna use it again.

you know, maybe I am a seer instead of a sylph. i only took that previous screenshot cuz I was like "im totally gonna crit him"

rip bananaman, we hardly knew ye

by which i mean we literally didn't, at all

Speaking of not knowing thee...I have an affinity for Castform. I actually had a Castform gijinka design I liked to use along with mine and my two Pokefriends trainersonas in comics when I was like...12. Unfortunately for Sunny, Castform is a gimmick and little else. 70 across the board is not that great. I would try to use it, but...Emerald. Maybe this will be my panic option for the E4 if I lose someone in Victory Road.

But anyway, the real reason I came here was for this Mystic Water. Yoink!

Danke.

wow. match call is actually doing what it was created to do. wow. i don't know who or where you are.

I...er...

...you know what, I might have to leave Match Call in my hack for the sole reason of May's match call title being "Rad Neighbor". Also my goddamned father is referred to as "Reliable One". This is gold.

anyway, now that I have access to Fortree (with Fly coming Soon(TM)), I can bully Gabby and Ty.

Why was Wario in Mario 64 DS? The world may never know

Anyway, I'm gonna go grab the fossil before my Rock Smash poke dies.

Wow, I suck at this.

there we go.

Why is this here.

I'm taking Anorith, for two reasons: a) Armaldo is niche, and using niche Pokemon is easier in earlier gens. b) I trust Cradily to survive gen 6 more than Armaldo.
Of course, I may never need it either way.

Catch it!

Bluh.

Back to business.

Actually remembering stat screens! Surely this is a sign that Wario will NOT die before the end of this update. Anyway, Whiscash's stats are meh. It's honestly a little bit better than Quagsire in some departments, but I think it's still the worst of the "vaguely bulky but fairly weak Water/Grounds with high HP".

Anyway...Winona time. And for some reason her gym now faces the other way...in RS she's on the left side, but here we're on the right.

So what's my game plan?

well...

hopefully it doesn't go as poorly as the last time that this was my game plan

Engage.

Up next is Rollout 4.

which takes out Tropius handily.

Rude.

After a couple turns of waffling, we got it. Side note: I really like Rollout's progressive animation in this gen. As it builds power, the dirt it kicks up gets more substantial and the rolling takes less time. Rollout 5's animation kicks up full on rocks and takes, like, 3 frames. It's cool.

you are a blight upon this land. and by this land i mean my strat. and by that i mean that rollout 2 missed.

He needs to be out here for Altaria anyway. Thank God that Water is neutral to Steel.

yes.

Eh. That's not too surprising. Altaria is bulk.

hyper potion, aerial ace, whatever

I always forget that this is the sixth gym. I guess it's because of the rush from Flannery to Norman or something. But, Badge get!

fuck off scott

Route 120 time. Oh god, engaging this as a double battle was a mistake.

Oh, whatever. That Castform just likes to change the weather to sunny. It's fine.

uh

i have legitimately never seen it do that

fuck

GOD this thing can be scary if it wants to

no. I still don't know what i'm supposed to steal.

One level away from no longer being weak to Water...

I misplayed.

globes. I guess it's Voltorb time.

Also I can fly now.

i was bullying gabby and ty for money and why didn't you stop getting stronger

god
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
that was scary

she leveled up from that so I candy'd it.

I decided to keep my word.

god dammit. i get in a battle, use sonic boom, get spark'd, and immediately get paralyzed. this happened thrice.

I think i've mentioned this before, but. Good meme. Voltorb's attack is too low. no.

"yes, but they haven't descended yet."

Learn from Rick's mistake.

This is pretty much the final moveset. Non-bipedal Electric types are pretty screwed for coverage.

i fucking know

why is there a kecleon here
like for what purpose

Route 121 encounter. This pretty much guarantees a Chimecho on Mt. Pyre, if I want one.

I have earned this dumbass license, and by god I'm gonna use it.

Good. It's always such a struggle to find this thing when I play RS.

Howdy.

not funny, didn't laugh.

I don't even know if Tropius gets any Flying moves.

I do know that Pelipper does. But you can scroll up a bit to see my dumbass credentials if you want. I'm a little surprised that didn't kill. Somehow a 4x Flying weakness feels the most brutal to me, despite all 4x weaknesses being the same.

Much better. And GLOBES cleans up.

The one on Route 103? Hell no. I only had one Pokemon during that fight, and she's dead now.

I bought one of all the attack TMs, and the screens. Doubling back to the Safari Zone now.

eh...I...hm.

On second thought, I don't need to do this now. I can pretty much pick and choose what I want depending on my need. So, I'll come back once I need something.

the level design pretty naturally directs you down the left side of this path, so I rarely go down the right side. random thought.

Not to flex, but i am absolutely doing this to flex.

Uh.

I don't think Refund can OHKO a Wobbuffet. So let me weigh my options here. I can't switch, because of Shadow Tag. I have four moves at my disposal.

Mud Sport - does nothing. Wobbuffet's moves have more PP. Just a huge waste of time. However, it could stall for Wobbuffet to stop destiny bond'ing if it comes to that.
Strength - STAB move. Could possibly hit a bad range that makes me more likely to die.
Rollout - Godawful option. If I get countered, that's it. If I get Destiny Bonded, that's it. WiIll probably take the longest to kill, so more chances to get countered.
Return - will probably 2HKO. Will probably kill me if countered.

Screw it.

this is...rare for me. I don't typically have issue with Wobbuffet.

also WHY IS IT LEVEL 26.

...thanks, bud

oh you bastards

it's fine. it's fine.

Interestingly, this is where you find the essence that you need ot breed for Azurill. I'm sure there's some statement about the cycle of birth and death in there somewhere.

butthead time.

whoops.

Bruh that's how I feel about <opinion>

cool

I, uh...

am not sure exactly where to go.

oh, magma hideout. duh. I thought that was later though.

All my oldest members are dying around me...

I was GONNA add Shuppet, but not with that nature.

Safari time.

So I'm gonna go ahead up to the northeast area. There I will either get Natu or Heracross.

Natu it is, then.

Xatu is a decent Pokemon. Its typing is fairly unique, and its stats are balanced decently-well for in-game play. But it has a big problem:

this is GOD. AWFUL. And the only improvement it gets until ORAS is Ominous wind at level FORTY-SEVEN.

HOWEVER.

You can buy Psychic TMs in this game. That is literally the sole reason I am deciding to use it now over anything else.
Named after your best friend, terepy pipes. Technically the second Pokemon named after Terezi this run, but a) this one is the correct gender and b) this actually has a real, tangible connection to Terezi herself: Xatu is also a Seer.

anyway, now that Mr. Humpy is evolved with Flamethrower, time to bully Gabby and Ty for money.

Ending this update at the end of a grinding session rather than the start of one. What a twist!

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
I only now noticed the Barboach's name. Nice.

Er...huh. I've been up and down Route 119 a couple times and only found Oddish and Linoone, but I suppose that this is my encounter...
now I'm thinking about it, I could've gotten Feebas in THIS game if I wanted to...but it's probably still better used in Pt.
Ooh, cool. This'll be a nice, obscure one to see in a Nuzlocke!

Or not.

But anyway, the real reason I came here was for this Mystic Water. Yoink!
cloun sheds a single tear

Anyway, I'm gonna go grab the fossil before my Rock Smash poke dies.
Ouch. Last update's left your confidence a little shaken, huh.

Actually remembering stat screens! Surely this is a sign that Wario will NOT die before the end of this update.
...this feels suspiciously like foreshadowing, and I don't like it...

After a couple turns of waffling, we got it. Side note: I really like Rollout's progressive animation in this gen. As it builds power, the dirt it kicks up gets more substantial and the rolling takes less time. Rollout 5's animation kicks up full on rocks and takes, like, 3 frames. It's cool.
Nice. Good attention to detail!

Uh oh--

you are a blight upon this land. and by this land i mean my strat. and by that i mean that rollout 2 missed.
Well, not too much harm done at least.

Eh. That's not too surprising. Altaria is bulk.
!!

hyper potion, aerial ace, whatever
Oh, okay. Phew. Good job!

fuck off scott
I like how you say that every time he appears on screen.

Ouch. So much for those Flygon dreams. What a shame.

god
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
that was scary
I had to double-check to make sure that Mr. Humpy wasn't actually KO'd. I guess Gabby and Ty object to being bullied!

I have earned this dumbass license, and by god I'm gonna use it.
Whoa. You certainly like walking on the wild side, huh.

On second thought, I don't need to do this now. I can pretty much pick and choose what I want depending on my need. So, I'll come back once I need something.
Good planning!

Oh no. Not these things!

this is...rare for me. I don't typically have issue with Wobbuffet.
Poor Refund. He was a good Pickup boy who was here from the beginning. I'd hoped his fate would be kinder than this.

...thanks, bud
At least that's of some consolation.

oh you bastards
This tower is evil. Wow.

I was GONNA add Shuppet, but not with that nature.
Again, ghost moves should really be Special.

Ending this update at the end of a grinding session rather than the start of one. What a twist!
Never mind. Wario survived to the end of the update! Yay!

Electro

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
I admit, I don't see how you're going to deal with Tate and Liza's
Calm Mind Xatu and Earthquake Claydol combo (seriously, they've opened with Calm Mind and Earthquake EVERY TIME I've fought them) seeing as you don't have an immunity to ground on your flying counter. GLOBES. is in for a rough ride if he's your plan for that gym.

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I only now noticed the Barboach's name. Nice.

Ooh, cool. This'll be a nice, obscure one to see in a Nuzlocke!

Or not.

cloun sheds a single tear

Ouch. Last update's left your confidence a little shaken, huh.

...this feels suspiciously like foreshadowing, and I don't like it...

Nice. Good attention to detail!

Uh oh--

Well, not too much harm done at least.

!!

Oh, okay. Phew. Good job!

I like how you say that every time he appears on screen.

Ouch. So much for those Flygon dreams. What a shame.

I had to double-check to make sure that Mr. Humpy wasn't actually KO'd. I guess Gabby and Ty object to being bullied!

Whoa. You certainly like walking on the wild side, huh.

Good planning!

Oh no. Not these things!

Poor Refund. He was a good Pickup boy who was here from the beginning. I'd hoped his fate would be kinder than this.

At least that's of some consolation.

This tower is evil. Wow.

Again, ghost moves should really be Special.

Never mind. Wario survived to the end of the update! Yay!
For the record, I named him that because of the W on his head. And I really have NO idea why it's there.
I would've liked to at least have Tropius in reserve. Even if its stat spread is bizarre, I might've been able to do something cool with it. Ah, well. Platinum, I guess.
Just a little.
It felt like foreshadowing when I did it, too. Fortunately it all worked out.
I mean, seriously Scott. I appreciate what he does for the region, but when I'm gonna drop this game as soon as Wallace dies, he really has no business bothering me so much.
I tried to dig up this good greentext relevant re: Ghost being physical. Basically John Gamefreak made ghost physical because the only ghost move in Gen 1 that had damage calculations on it was Lick. This is despite the fact that the defining feature of Ghosts in that game was that they couldn't be physically touched.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Never failing to break new ground!
That's Wario! :v:

I admit, I don't see how you're going to deal with Tate and Liza's
Calm Mind Xatu and Earthquake Claydol combo (seriously, they've opened with Calm Mind and Earthquake EVERY TIME I've fought them) seeing as you don't have an immunity to ground on your flying counter. GLOBES. is in for a rough ride if he's your plan for that gym.
I have played most of these games before. And I'm at liberty to look up movesets if I want to, although I usually either don't need to or don't bother. But T&L were a concern for me as well. I think I managed to find a workable solution. Thanks for the concern, though.

We begin this update by buying better full heals. I was in the area for...some reason...so I decided to grab these. The only thing that makes them worse than Full Heals is that it takes longer to buy them.

Huh. I guess I skipped this guy and forgot to come back for him. oops.

Oh, this is why! It's Magma hideout time. I honestly didn't remember what order you did these events in for Emerald. I thought this was later.

My only encounter here is Torkoal, since I killed that Torkoal earlier. If I had caught it, there would be no encounter here.

...oh, yeah. My Strength mon died. :/

That's basically an upgrade anyway.

Look at that ledge directly above my head. That does not look great. I don't think that's how you're supposed to use that tile.

I couldn't tell you, random team magma grunt.

This room is neat, if a little pointless.

Though it does contain Team Magma's Token Sane Member. Seems like every team in gen 3 has exactly one of these guys.

This is Tabitha. Say what you will about XY's admins (they deserve it), but this game's admins are ALSO barely characters. And he's barely even stronger than the grunts. I bet that makes him REALLY (x80) infuriated.

Howdy.

Despite contradicting the canon of the Mega Timeline (which is stupid because they retcon what mega evolution means in literally every game anyway), I like to imagine that the only reason these kids don't use their Primal Reversions is because their team leaders brought them the wrong orbs.

This effect does look pretty cool in gameplay, though.

Groudon absconds, for reasons.

Maxie, please. You're supposed to be the smart one.

Both of these guys are just garbo trainers for some reason.

They have SUPER potions, for God's sake!

Perfect. One Surf left to take out Camerupt.

wait oh god what the FUCK

So that first cap is mid-damage, I think. I was half paying attention, and I have no idea how this happened. I think maybe Mightyena lowered my speed? But that doesn't explain how Goose died so easily...

oh jeez.

I'm-a Wario! I'm-a gonna win!!!

Rage, Maxie. Pure rage.

Yes.

I hope you like Pelipper, because OH BOY. I need to get this thing duped out before gen 7. Fortunately, we have ample opportunity to do that.

I added Swablu, because...I think I had a reason. Who knows.

I've been using Mach Punch + Earthquake to bully Gabby and Ty. But when they both attacked Dancers, he almost died :ohdear:

I went back to a few routes I skipped during this grinding. Giga Drain is pretty bad in this generation, but it's good to have anyway.

Oh, yeah, this is a mechanic. I'd like to minimize it in my hack, but it seems like it might be a rather complex process to do. So I might not bother, who knows.

This is...the Aqua hideout, I think. Once Huff was strong enough to fight the Aqua Grunts, I just moved on.

Thank you, Yellow Flute.

The fact that I have so many caps of this battle I guess means that I'm fighting Matt.

bad mistake.

I will admit, the concept of the Aqua grunts just trying to stall you so that Archie can leave in the submarine is pretty well-executed.

Huh...this exists. The complement to the Sevii game corner, I guess. This is Mossdeep. I don't think I knew about this.

This I did know about, though. But I don't expect to use it.

Woo! Now I can finally talk about him.

Altaria is rather good in Hoenn. In Gen 3, it's because it has passable attack and nothing can effectively challenge its bulk (besides Glacia and Drake). In Gen 6, it's because it can mega evolve. Either way, I'm glad to have it on the team. HM usage will be nerfing it for a while, but by then end I'll be using DDance and EQ and Aerial Ace, oh my! This one is named after the seventh boss of Paper Mario. He's a big cloud monster, so...yeah.

I have no idea how this guy saw me and the other one didn't.

I came back here for some reasons.

First, encounter. I think this is the only option from here?

Second, I oh god damn it.

I also went back to route 115 for the Focus Punch TM. But this is from route 125, by Shoal Cave.

I left Camerupt in against this Water type because she was objectively stronger than it, in all respects. But it's faster than me, and OHKO'd me from full with a crit Water gun.

FUCKING.

WATER GUN.

sigh.

I mean, I guess this is...fine...?

No, this is not fine. It sucks. But it's what happened, so...

Who do I even...?

So, up next is Liza and Tate. AKA the Murdertwins. They call them that for a reason.

And nothing in my box matches up well against them for one reason or another. Except for Cal, but he's Timid and would monopolize the Shadow Ball TM. So...

I decided to go with Jigglypuff. For two reasons. One: I like Jigglypuff's line. It was part of my main squad when I completed LeafGreen's national dex (or, rather, when I was going to. I still need to catch Raikou, glitzer pop for Mew and Deoxys, and get Chikorita's line and maybe one other Pokemon). Second, if everything goes to shit against Tate and Liza and Wario somehow dies, she can do covering fire on Claydol with Ice Beam and hit Xatu with physical moves. Bonus reason: Wigglytuff is objectively mediocre, and I don't want to be forced to try to use it in gen 6 (or, god forbid, gen 7).

Mr. Humpy was on Strength AND Rock Smash duty, if you recall.

But doing this now proved to be a mistake. Whatever. I deleted Take Down.

I did that so that I could grind Gabby and Ty. After that was over, I needed it gone.

Because of this. I consulted some pals over on the Discord, and we determined that my best strat would be Wario on Surf duty while Huff N. Puff sets up and slaps the space rocks.

And the grinding to 41 is complete.

Wigglytuff's stats aren't great. Its HP is huge, but...fortunately, it's a gen 1 normal type. So, it gets the elemental moves. This variety should allow it to function on the team. Named for the fact that in Smash Ultimate's most recent patch, Jigglypuff got buffed (aka the changes to her moves from the patch made her a better character) for the first time in about 10 years.

Getting my Night Shade countered was a weird experience. But since I have fixed damage and Wish, this thing can't kill me.

Here's the squad for Tate and Liza.

Yes.

i hope.

Here we go.

The only surprise from turn 1 is that Claydol decided to use Earthquake when it only hits Wario. Also, there's +1 for the CM/EQ opener from Tate and Liza.

and that damage, from 1 Surf, is why I wanted a better game plan than that.

I only set up 1 DDance, but I want Xatu off the field ASAP if it's going to be setting up Calm Minds. I can't lose Wario here.

The Earthquakes do build up. I used Wario's turn for this because, as stated, if Xatu sets up to much it could OHKO him from full.

But Huff won't let that happen.

We...should be home free? I don't want to speak too soon, but the space rocks shouldn't get more than one turn with things the way they are.

keep doing you, claydol.

Good.

Better.

uh...fuck off????

thank GOD Xatu never set up Sunny Day. Solarbeam was NOT on my radar.

:yay:

um

please may i have some dive

Oh right, the space center thing. The space center thing with team magma. The space center thing set up specifically to give Magma something to do after Groudon goes away. Team Magma's space center raid.

what? VARIETY in Team Magma? Game Freak would never.

The fact that ORAS replaces this with a horde battle instead of a triple battle is a travesty.

btfo'd

Pictured: Maxie being unintelligent.

should be easy.

Hm. I lead with terepy cause I was expecting Poison types.

That's what Night Shade is for, I guess.

God, what the fuck Maxie. Your logic is I lost -> I'm wrong -> since I'm wrong, Team Aqua is also wrong, therefore Team Aqua's goal is wrong because I lost a Pokemon battle.

thank mr stenen

Being the only water type on a team in Gen 3 is suffering.

I dicked around for a while before I went to the cave, mostly because I got lost looking for underwater grass.

Sea encounter! I'd be forced to evolve this into Huntail if I used it, which is...fine.

Alright, on with the plot.

dammit

Sorry, Wario.

DAMMIT

I wasn't using Leech Seed that much anyway...

This is a travesty.

I went in the right side of this room, and it took me back around to the left side of the same room.

This is Super Bullshit 64.

Say hi to Shelly.

Bye, Shelly.

cool

<phoenix wright noises>

Electrode rules. Archie blows. the end.

I only took damage because Mightyena used Scary Face.

yup.

Let's all commend Archie for not giving up on his dreams just because he lost to a nominal 11 year old in a Pokemon battle.

Kyogre absconds.

I have a headcanon for what these scenes mean in relation to ORAS's Primal reversion, but they're relevant to the way things work in the storylocke that I promise to eventually post, so I'll can it for now.

Everything sucks. Basically it's the end of the fri**ing world (oh damn! title drop! epic sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway, I did pop into Sootopolis in my post-Murdertwins wanderings, so I can just fly there.

and there's a cutscene trigger right here.

hey.

I think this is where we'll leave off for today. Next time will be the rest of the maingame. After that, the Pokemon League. Get ready.

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
I tried to dig up this good greentext relevant re: Ghost being physical. Basically John Gamefreak made ghost physical because the only ghost move in Gen 1 that had damage calculations on it was Lick. This is despite the fact that the defining feature of Ghosts in that game was that they couldn't be physically touched.
Oh huh. I figured that it was to get around the absurdly high Special stat of psychic-types like Alakazam (not that it ultimately mattered, because of that whole glitch that made psychic immune to Ghost in Gen 1). That sort of sideways logic you bring up here definitely does fit the Gen 1 games, but also, really?? Only one actually damaging ghost-type move in Gen 1, and only three ghost-types that were also part-poison? Even without that glitch the balance there was pretty bad.

We begin this update by buying better full heals. I was in the area for...some reason...so I decided to grab these. The only thing that makes them worse than Full Heals is that it takes longer to buy them.
I'm glad that these, unlike the flutes, did at least see limited availability in later games rather than staying confined to Hoenn.

That's basically an upgrade anyway.
No recoil damage!

Perfect. One Surf left to take out Camerupt.

wait oh god what the FUCK
*record scratch* Hey! This is the exact opposite of how this battle is supposed to go!

Rage, Maxie. Pure rage.
You've had a lot of occasion to generate it in this game, unfortunately.

I've been using Mach Punch + Earthquake to bully Gabby and Ty. But when they both attacked Dancers, he almost died
This is the second time somebody's almost died against Gabby and Ty. It's starting to feel like an anti-bullying PSA.

I will admit, the concept of the Aqua grunts just trying to stall you so that Archie can leave in the submarine is pretty well-executed.
It's better than trying to sell us on them being a real threat.

Huh...this exists. The complement to the Sevii game corner, I guess. This is Mossdeep. I don't think I knew about this.
I don't think anybody did! It makes sense that they'd put that in there to ensure that Emerald players can get in on the minigames, I guess...

Second, I oh god damn it.
Ow. Poor Mr. Humpy. I was hoping she'd make it. I guess the lesson is to never underestimate double weaknesses?

Getting my Night Shade countered was a weird experience. But since I have fixed damage and Wish, this thing can't kill me.
Good. Those things are evil.

I love how Surf doesn't do damage to partner Pokémon in Gen 3.

and that damage, from 1 Surf, is why I wanted a better game plan than that.
Yyyyyyeah, that's not optimal...

The Earthquakes do build up. I used Wario's turn for this because, as stated, if Xatu sets up to much it could OHKO him from full.

But Huff won't let that happen.
Nice!

uh...fuck off????

Phew. Good job!

thank GOD Xatu never set up Sunny Day. Solarbeam was NOT on my radar.
Yeah. That would've put a stop to your Whiscash plans really fast.

The fact that ORAS replaces this with a horde battle instead of a triple battle is a travesty.
Gotta show off that new mechanic! And the stacked Intimidates on the Mightyena is actually a clever strategy, gotta give 'em that.

Sorry, Wario.
Yeesh. The poor guy's just made of HMs now.

I wasn't using Leech Seed that much anyway...
You sound so sadly resigned as all of your dreams are slowly buried under HMs.

Everything sucks. Basically it's the end of the fri**ing world (oh damn! title drop! epic sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Why censor the censored version of a word, by the by? The aesthetic?

Illven

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Water, Clever
Turn your dreams, into HM's?

At least surf is useful?

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Banette does learn shadow ball naturally. You would merely have to be insane to grind to there before Tate and Liza.
That's true...
Banette is not a very well-designed Pokemon from a gameplay standpoint, IMO.

Oh huh. I figured that it was to get around the absurdly high Special stat of psychic-types like Alakazam (not that it ultimately mattered, because of that whole glitch that made psychic immune to Ghost in Gen 1). That sort of sideways logic you bring up here definitely does fit the Gen 1 games, but also, really?? Only one actually damaging ghost-type move in Gen 1, and only three ghost-types that were also part-poison? Even without that glitch the balance there was pretty bad.

I'm glad that these, unlike the flutes, did at least see limited availability in later games rather than staying confined to Hoenn.

No recoil damage!

*record scratch* Hey! This is the exact opposite of how this battle is supposed to go!

You've had a lot of occasion to generate it in this game, unfortunately.

This is the second time somebody's almost died against Gabby and Ty. It's starting to feel like an anti-bullying PSA.

It's better than trying to sell us on them being a real threat.

I don't think anybody did! It makes sense that they'd put that in there to ensure that Emerald players can get in on the minigames, I guess...

Ow. Poor Mr. Humpy. I was hoping she'd make it. I guess the lesson is to never underestimate double weaknesses?

Good. Those things are evil.

I love how Surf doesn't do damage to partner Pokémon in Gen 3.

Yyyyyyeah, that's not optimal...

Nice!

Phew. Good job!

Yeah. That would've put a stop to your Whiscash plans really fast.

Gotta show off that new mechanic! And the stacked Intimidates on the Mightyena is actually a clever strategy, gotta give 'em that.

Yeesh. The poor guy's just made of HMs now.

You sound so sadly resigned as all of your dreams are slowly buried under HMs.

Why censor the censored version of a word, by the by? The aesthetic?
Maybe Gabby and Ty are just getting revenge on me for not finishing the storylocke I had that made them important characters.
Surf is very convenient in this game. I can't imagine Tate and Liza with a Surf that hits your partner.
Yeah it's some kind of weird joke/irony/whatever. There's a show on netflix called "the end of the fucking world" but it's written as f***ing. So I'm sort of riffing off of that, I guess.

Turn your dreams, into HM's?

At least surf is useful?
Adn Waterfall is not. I don't even think it can flinch in this game. But yes, thank you Surf.

Welcome back to the apocalypse! The fact that Archie is calling to Kyogre with the Red Orb like it's a dog makes me think that this comic is pretty much just canon.

I have no idea why he says this, other than to foreshadow Wallace being the champion.

But the cave of origin is remarkably small in this game. Also, unfortunately, despite Sableye and Mawile both existing in Emerald, only Sableye is present here for some reason. So, no encounters.

you ever spell mawile correctly just to flex on the pokedex

According to ORAS, that "something" was "Steven got cabin fever".

Rival calls you on the Pokenav to tell you that it's on Route 131, but they don't actually tell you the name of it. So this is really just the player telling Wallace where it is.

Wandering around between the plot is convenient. I can just fly straight to Pacifidlog now.

It is neat that this is actually a thing that happens.

Also, I didn't mention, but only Kyogre's music plays during the weather event in this game. It would be kind of neat if there was some sort of medley to reflect the weather flopping around, but w/e.

Done.

I can only assume he means this figuratively. But the image of Kyogre and Groudon just floating away in opposite directions is pretty funny.

:yay:

shit

I don't know what it is about this game's ice puzzles that just make sense to me, when I struggle so much with the similar puzzles from the GBC Zelda games. Maybe I'm just more familiar with these ones.

In any case, I have to do this one twice anyway since I'm going down to fight the trainers.

Oh son of a bitch.

This was a critical Take Down from full at -2 defense.

That's just rude.

7/10 game. all my friends died. 7/10.

HEY, ME TOO.

R3ST 1N P34C3 MS. SOUR 4PPL3 FUS1ON

hwone

Why they didn't give this guy a different type than Wallace is beyond me. for the record, i will

Well. Oops.

I, uh. Don't think this was a good switch-in.

Screw this.

No Grass move, no problem.

don't tunnel vision, juan. Ice is WORSE against me than pure water

oh shit, i wasn't expecting him so soon

or rather, ah globes.

you egg

I was expecting a Milotic. I forgot about Kingdra.

That much is good, at least. Only one, though.

>:/

Thunderbolt doesn't even 2HKO. That's not great.

if you can't hit it consistently, you can't kill it

This thing was being hugely obnoxious. This isn't even turn-by-turn.

and then it crit on the second hit after a heal.

it's not like buffed could do much to him, but I was running out of Tbolts and wanted to try something new.

My team is not equipped to deal with this thing while it can use Ice Beam.

and my best guy for the job is about to run out of firepower.

and I'm running out of potions.

This is starting to get really bad.

Landed my last Tbolt, but now I'm frozen.

You ass. This is indescribably annoying.

Oh. That's...good.

I don't think Spark will kill, and if it doesn't, he'll use a potion. But I'm pretty sure that by now he's out of Ice Beams.

Not swift enough, unfortunately.

Yup. No IBeams.

Dragonbreath 2HKOs. I just need to land 2 in a row.

So close.

YES!

All told, that fight took like 50 turns. So ridiculous.

Oh, it isn't over.

I dicked around with Huff for a few turns and then said whatever

damn straight

even with context, this is a really weird thing to say to a person

muda

goodbye

That was a real-life disaster. A sixth member may have helped. But not filling in that sixth slot was very important...

First. Goodbye, Wigglytuff. You were a time sink and you barely did anything, so I can't say I'm super broken up about this.

Now that I have all the gym badges, I can finally -

er, wait.

there we go

As I was saying...we can finally get our meteor falls encounter.

These are only for convenience; the only other targets, Zubat and Solrock, have both been made champs. I would be disinclined to use repels in this way if that weren't the case. Although, if I was doing that it would be rather poetic, considering these are the repels that Refund found for me...

Here we go.

It's our guy. This was a TRUE first encounter by the way, repels notwithstanding.

quit being a bastard

thanks

Bagon! Salamence is very good. I will admit that its matchups against the Hoenn elite four aren't particularly great. But it's a good Pokemon.

And now here's the complete gang for victo--

er, wait, no.

This team would get absolutely MANHANDLED by Glacia if ANYTHING went wrong. That's a huge liability.

I really wanted to use Oddish here, because of my first nuzlocke of Omega Ruby. That run only had two survivors: an Electrode whose name has been lost to time, and Oliver the Bellossom. (sidenote: I picked Mudkip in that run, so the final rival fight was a BITCH to beat a Grass/Dragon with Lightningrod using an Electrode and a Bellossom). Recreating that dream team would've been cute. But I don't want to get murdered by Glacia.

So instead we pick something that doesn't immediately die to an Ice type.

I grind them up to speed. Big Punch has become a Machamp, but since this is an emulator I used PkHex for that, so no evolution screen. I hesitate to edit the ROM directly, for no particular reason.

Behold! Actual Strategy!

he watches...

Anyway, here's Rufio. Shelgon is passable, Salamence is great. He's named for the character from the movie, Hook. I don't feel like explaining the whole deal but TL;DR it's a Homestuck reference. (also the Tauros from LG was named after Dante Basco, Rufio's actor).

Machamp has kickin' wicked attack and no moves. And I am once again finding myself adding a Fighting type to the team after the gym challenge is complete. Whatever. He's here to kill Glacia. His name is from the future; you don't get the reference yet.

I am the legendary fighting hero, Big Punch! I am the strongest in the regions!

Yeah, yeah. That's fine. Just keep it down, okay? This isn't a storyshot run. Also, when this guy does appear in my run 2 runs from now, consider this the end of his timeline.

Anyway, I didn't ever loot Sootopolis. So time for that.

I don't understand why this is so late in the game. It's earlier than this even in FRLG.

Anyway, time for Victory Road! I bought potions, by the way.

this is my encounter...I attacked it.

You need no additional Fighting powers when your side has Big Punch, the legendary fighting hero!

Cool it. I swear you're more of a character than this.

Emerald moved Wally to the beginning of VR for some reason.

If you say so. I guess he's like Goku. I better abscond before he pops out of the healing tank with enough speed to deflect my death lasers.

The above joke implies that I beat him brutally here. Which I will.

Er, with someone else.

Contrary!

The fighting hero does not avoid from an honor fight!

A true fighting hero can withstand any attack! And pay back in kindness!

Retroactive/future self burn for things that technically haven't happened yet? What else is new. I will say that I am impressed that he managed to tank that +2 Aerial Ace so well.

Alright, Mr. Fighting Hero, time to reign it in before you get yourself killed again for the first time.

This fight would've been scary if it used anything beside gen 3's shitty Future Sight.

Sure, Jan.

My current Strengther is still alive and still knows Strength, but I'm tired of the fighting hero being forced to flee from anything that resists Fighting.

This Claydol got two ancientpower boosts and then Hyper Beamed me. It's a good thing Wario has so much HP (because I EV trained him :hurr: )

Somehow I still don't really know the correct path through here...

These movesets are cramped enough as is.

...I was gonna say fuck it and teach Flash to my shame globe, but then I realized that I intentionally never picked up Flash.

Like a dumbass.

After many twists and turns, we finally reach the end of Victory road. Only this challenging but avoidable double battle stands in our way.

But what kind of runner would I be if I avoided it?

With Wally taken out early, this is my final Victory Road challenge.

oh shit

Oh shit.

I was not expecting that Ice Beam.

I told Wario to use Earthquake.

Unlike Surf, Earthquake still hits your partner, even in Gen 3.

Dancers, I'm sorry...

wait, oh my god?

he's ALIVE????????

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

WHAT A CHAMPION. A HERO OF THE PEOPLE.

And back to the bad stuff. (incidentally, as you can see, you can toggle between hp bars and hit point numbers in double battles by pressing start.)

that was a lot less enjoyable than i wanted it to be.

dancers is blessed.

Well, gang, we made it. Despite my sense of direction.

Next time: grinding. Then, we close out Gen 3 for good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)