• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!
Thread Description
Running through all of the Pokemon games. ALL OF THEM. (except for Green) Current: LeafGreen

SnackyTheSylph

Member of G.R.O.S.S. (ironically)
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Has a lot of projects, but staunchly refuses to share any of them publicly.
This is actually a run I've been at for a while. The original idea for this type of run came from /vp/, but as expected, /vp/'s name for it is...ehh. So I'll be calling it a Globe-trotter Nuzlocke.

I've seen the idea of a Genlocke going around, where you run one game from each generation, in order, and carry over your champions into the next game through eggs. I think that's a cool idea.

But this is pretty much the opposite of that.

I will be running every single main-series game. I have already completed Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, and Sapphire.

Each time I complete a game, I enter the Pokemon that were on my final team into a list/template. I am banned from ever using these Pokemon, ever again, in any future game.

So, yeah.

I may stop posting for longer periods of time, on occasion, but I will do my best to keep updating this run until AT LEAST I finish the DS generations.

I finally decided to start posting it now, with me being in the middle of FireRed. So I'll just explain the rules in a big block here and then get moving.

1. If a Pokemon faints, it's dead. No exceptions. You can't use it anymore in that run.
2. You can only catch the first eligible Pokemon you encounter in each area.
2a) Dupes clause, by evolutionary family. I am NOT allowed to catch dupes, even if the original catch is dead.
2b) Pinwheel clause: Certain areas that have multiple distinct encounter tables allow multiple encounters. The specific areas are: Johto Safari Zone (1 attempt per area), Mt. Coronet (cave and snowy area), Pinwheel forest (outer and inner), Alola Route 1 (Route 1 proper, near Kukui's lab, Trainer school),
3. Nickname every Pokemon.
4. Champs clause: Any Pokemon that entered the Hall of Fame (or participated in the fights against Red or Ghetsis) in a previous run is banned from use in future runs. These do not count as "first encounters", and if you find one as the first encounter of an area, you can ignore it until you find something you're allowed to catch.
4a) If 6 living Pokemon are in the party when Reshiram/Zekrom are captured in Black/White, whichever Pokemon leaves the party to make room for them still becomes a champ. If a dead Pokemon is booted, they do not become a champ.
4b) The following exceptions to the Champs clause apply: Partner Pikachu in Yellow does not ban the Pikachu line in other games and vice versa, since Partner Pikachu can't evolve. If all of the available starters for a game have become champs, one may be picked and used until an eligible Pokemon is caught. At that point, the starter must never be used again. Pre-evolutions of banned branch evolutions (e.g. Eevee) are not banned if one of their evolutions becomes a champ, but they are not allowed to evolve into that form anymore. If Wurmple evolves into a banned form (e.g. Cascoon when Dustox is banned but Silcoon is not), you must capture a different Wurmple from that route until one evolves into a non-banned form. Alolan forms of Pokemon whose Kanto form is a champ are banned. Karrablast and Shelmet may only be evolved if both are caught at the same time, until one of them becomes a champ, at which point the other may be freely evolved.
5. Commitment clause: The party must be as full as possible before entering a final fight/area. You may not intentionally bring a non-full party in order to ban fewer Pokemon; you may only have fewer than 6 in your party if you only have that many living Pokemon.
6. Swap Clause: If a Pokemon is in the party during a gym battle/trial, then they may not leave the party again unless they die. The only exception is if NONE of the Pokemon in the current party can learn an HM that is required for progression (e.g. Waterfall).
7. Safari Zone clause: In traditional Safari Zones (Kanto and Sinnoh), the only allowed action in encounters is to throw Poke balls. The first Pokemon is not the only allowed catch, but once a Pokemon is caught, that's it. In zones with varied encounters per area (Johto and Hoenn), only the first encounter can be caught, but all (12 or 4) areas each allow an attempted catch.
KANTO: Defeat your rival's strongest team and enter the Hall of Fame.
JOHTO: Earn all 16 Indigo League badges and defeat Red atop Mt. Silver.
HOENN: Defeat the Champion and enter the Hall of Fame.
SINNOH: Defeat Cynthia and enter the Hall of Fame.
UNOVA: Defeat Ghetsis to disband Team Plasma.
2NOVA: Defeat Iris and enter the Hall of Fame.
KALOS: Defeat Diantha and enter the Hall of Fame.
ALOLA: Become the Island Challenge Champion.

That is a lot of rules. But that's for all of these runs, so it sort of is okay, right?

Anyway, on with the show.

Welcome!

So here is my current team. I was just about to start the Silph co. raid when I decided I wanted to post this, so that's where I am. I like to call this run the Lesbians edition. The reason for that is that I named my starter, a female Squirtle (Rip in peace), Bubbline, which is the ship name for a lesbian couple from a show I watched (I had a female Wartortle named Bubbles from the dark ages when I wrote Pokemon fanfiction, but Bubbles is a boring name now that I'm not 9, so I changed it up). Since then, almost all of the Pokemon I've caught have been female. So, yeah. Let's meet the team.

Vriska. Route 2 encounter. Named after Vriska. Butterfree is honestly really good in this game: there's a lot of Poison types and things are low level. So you can abuse Compoundeyes Sleep Powder with the Dream Eater tutor, and the low base stats don't matter too much. I taught her Thief so that I could get a Thick Club for Marowak. She just got done 8eating up the Fighting Dojo.

BUGE, the first and only male (besides maybe Eevee, which has a skewed gender ratio). Viridian Forest encounter. I wish I had been able to dupe it out in Gen 1, when it was as good as Butterfree on account of Bug being SE to Poison. But it kept dying there. So, I'm using it here. I wish Sludge Bomb wasn't postgame.

Sappho, my Mt. Moon encounter. Named after a Greek lady who lived on a little island called Lesbos with all her nice lady friends. If you close this update and scroll down to the banlist, you'll see that Clefairy was my only eligible Mt. Moon encounter. She's been doing really well so far.

Skylla, my Route 4 encounter. Named after one of the, like...4 good Hiveswap Friendsim trolls. I waited to evolve until I got Aerial Ace for, like, the first time ever, which was cool. Fearow is Fearow; a little boring, but very reliable.

boner. Named because apparently, when I used Gengar in Crystal, this was my plan all along...to give myself a boner in Pokemon Tower. And I got one. I stole a Thick Club for her, so of course she's been kicking major ass ever since she learned Bonemerang. Koffing is annoying, though. I added her after my Primeape died.

LUCKY DEVIL, my Safari Zone encounter. This was actually a TRUE first encounter: the first thing I found in the Safari Zone that wasn't a champ, and I caught it in my first ball throw. Named after the translation for the text when an enemy misses you in the google-translated Paper Mario mod, Book of Mario. I trained her up just recently, but she's done well. I'd really like to get it champ'd out in this game so that I don't have to use it without Seismic Toss in Gen 4. Plus, then it's an easy Scyther in Platinum. I added her after my Wartortle died to a crit Spark.

So that's the squad. We be movin'.

Oh yeah, I didn't mention this before, but this run will move fast. I'm gonna be playing the same game at least twice every generation, so I'll mostly only cap important things. I might slow it down once I start LeafGreen from the beginning, but for now...

Seismic toss is real nice. I can 2HKO pretty much everything that resists Thunderbolt.

I...uh. I don't remember if he outsped, or if she missed Sleep Powder somehow. But I DO know that that was a crit.

No judgement in this reality; she's DEAD.

Ah, yes, BUTT the fourth. I bet you can't guess what I named him in Red, Blue, or yellow.

Last time we fought I trounced him with Fearow, so this should be fine.

Okay, so Pidgeot is stronger than Pidgeotto. This got dragged out thanks to Featherdance.

-NUSAUR dies to Aerial Ace.

blar.

This is a good mechanic.

Out, darned spot!

How is this MORE threatening without Thrash? Skylla took it on in the Tower, but I doubt she can do it now.

Thank you Secret Power.

Skylla almost died. But that's a pathetic attempt against Chansey.

Give it a Tundabolt!

Don't Take Down a Chansey.

I...am not scared.

Not a bit.

Piece 'a cake.

Actually, that teleporter leads down.

Oh boy, another female! :v:

I...don't have a Water type.

That was sufficient. I wasn't using Rage, so this should be nice for catching.

These caps do not do justice to how annoying this fight was. I actually had to switch! and heal! How awful.

Sure, Jan.

Sabrina time! Sabrina is less threatening than Koga because I have a Chansey.

blissey time

Just in case.

That's, like, a +3 Psychic.

whatever.

Yeah! Why didn't you go forward in time so that you could Psyshock me?

Yes. I will use this on Chansey. But later.

Oh, Koga time. boner keeps getting poisoned, it's annoying.

Congradulations! Acid Armoring to +6 made it a 2HKO instead of an OHKO!

pls dont blow me up

Sappho...is also really good at getting poisoned.

ok boomer

PLS NO ESPLODE

ok im gonna be honest i half did this because my accuracy was lowered and half because i wouldnt mind all that much if buge blew up so that i could fulfill the all female team dream meme

But he was fine.

He almost wasn't, but then he was.

Good.

I never filled my last slot for these gyms because I didn't have any Surfer I wanted to use yet, and I need one. IMPORTANT NOTE: I boxed Nereid for these gym fights, then got her back out to Surf. Per my rules, if she'd been in the party during them, she'd be stuck. But I don't want to use Lapras just yet. However, I need to use the Surf to catch the Surf, so yeah.

I want this instead. Oh, boy, a female! What a surprise!

thank you boner

That's supposed to be a duckface.

Kanto has easy access to SpA EV training, which is nice.

Here she is. Time to cross the sea. Speaking of sea, I'm gonna cut it here for now. Sea ya!

FireRed: Lesbians edition
Update #1: This post
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5 (FireRed finale)

LeafGreen: As of yet unnamed edition
Update #6

Last edited:

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I opened your rules! I closed your rules. That is so many words, love yourself. But also, kick ass and destroy this challenge. I'm super fond of the idea of banning what you've already used. It forces you into using new stuff on top of being strategic for future runs. Girafarig? Hell yes. Gorebyss? HELL YES!

I haven't played the friendsims and survive on whatever cryptic shit James Roach tweets about, so I'm going to take your opinions on friendsim as fact.

TheTRUEgge

Egg
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
This is a really neat run concept! Good luck!

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I opened your rules! I closed your rules. That is so many words, love yourself. But also, kick ass and destroy this challenge. I'm super fond of the idea of banning what you've already used. It forces you into using new stuff on top of being strategic for future runs. Girafarig? Hell yes. Gorebyss? HELL YES!

I haven't played the friendsims and survive on whatever cryptic shit James Roach tweets about, so I'm going to take your opinions on friendsim as fact.
Thanks! It is nice to be able to spice things up. I don't have to begin every run the same way, and I can use more interesting things like Solrock and Marowak. Unless the earlygame poke survives a really long time and then dies before the end. That happened with Linoone TWICE.
The friendsims are fine. I exaggerate for comedy. But they're not up to the standard I expect as someone who read the whole comic in like a month in 2019 (fun fact, by coincidence I finished my first readthrough on 4/13); they're just okay. A lot the characters feel like "oh heres the funny gray candy corn aliens. this is what you want right?" also Scratch can piss right off, he's too tall (real talk, one of my favorite things about him is that he's pretty much still the size of lil cal AKA way smaller than an actual person)and doesn't explain anything.

This is a really neat run concept! Good luck!
:)

OH JOY IT'S MY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAVORITE MECHANIC
if you don't have the national dex, you can't evolve things into non-Kanto forms because of GAME FREAK's weird Kanto purist circlejerk thing.
But if you have a Chansey or a Golbat, which evolve by friendship, they will try to evolve after every single level.
and fail.
It gets real annoying after a while, and I WILL be documenting every time it happens.

I was planning to catch this thing, but then I found a Seel. So I'll kill it.

d'oh
Ice Beam is actually threatening

and then i forgot to cap the kill but you can assume chansey did it

Alright, now for progress. I'm in the Pokemon Mansion now, where Seismic toss continues to be awesome.

This ALWAYS trips me up. I know there's a ruse here, and I'm pretty sure it's psyching myself into thinking that there's a real ruse and the left path is right, which it's not.

okay i went right and it was wrong. the ruse ruse was a ...... DISTACTION. I rused my own self.

Self-destruct can still kill me, by the way. That's from full.

Give it up for number 3! (i guess these aren't in order, but w/e)

Let's go the RIGHT way this time.

Sappho continues to be top notch in the getting poisoned department.

Pictured: me not having a good answer for an exploding electric type when my Marowak is low on health.

he did the guile instead of anything threatening

bruh

Got the jawn. Dig is useful.

bro what

As you can probably tell, I'm using Surf on all these fire types.

You know what, I just had an idea.

This is an achievment, right? Not having any burn heal items? I think so?

That's my secret, Blaine...

I don't.

Why did they design the game like this. Please tell me.

Sevii time. I'm a little bit lower level than I'd like to be, so I'll use this to train instead of grinding.

yay.

Yikes. I sort of looked away. I'm pretty sure this was a crit Mega Punch, from close to full. :/

Ya think.

yey.

Same old song and dance. I was planning to catch this, but then I found a (naughty, female) machop.

I didn't even give up on catching it. I water pulse'd it and then it hit itself.

Good night sweet prince. Maybe in ORAS...

I took this for posterity in case it killed somehow.

based.

yiy.

ok between this npc, that one ranger in the volcano who said the hotness was making him erupt, and the naughty natured machop i caught earlier, im starting to think that the sevii islands are just horny

That...was my encounter. I clicked bonemerang thoughtlessly. I killed my route 11 Drowzee encounter by accident, too.

[insert hotel mario clip]

I can't forget this. It's for Chansey. I was planning to use her against Giovanni, which was a hare-brained plan because Earthquake is physical, but I still need it for later so. No loss.

"His head is weird. Buy our shirts." - Daniel Avidaniel

Gee, I wonder how this will go.

Why did they design the game like this.

I will...use this. I wish I had it for duckface, but meh.

For the future. AKA Lance I guess.

A lot of the things in the box are "I want to use this for a full game and not shove it in right at the end", but using Ekans is suffering, so I'm just gonna bite the bullet.

[insert sweet bro and hella jeff reference]

All ready. I really wish Sludge Bomb wasn't postgame.

What did he mean by this.

Thank you Rock Slide.

This thing is only threatening because of how many Seismic Tosses it takes to beat.

Also that.

It was okay.

That was me from full, and him from like 3/4. Do not Take Down a Chansey.

why

I don't know if I ever mentioned, but I'm doing Set mode.

Not that bad, but threatening enough.

Thank you Rock Slide.

He H-pumped and then Rain danced. That would be threatening if he did it in reverse order, but...

Woo.

yoy.

k.

I honestly like the concept of badge check gates, even if they do take a lot of time.

Last catch before the league.

yuy.

I fought all the trainers.

Well, now it's time to do some grinding.

And by that I mean that past me already did that grinding. But I'm gonna cut it here anyway because pacing. See ya!

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
This is an achievment, right? Not having any burn heal items? I think so?
Sure is. Grats on remembering that. You have a lot of chances for them like this.

Yikes. I sort of looked away. I'm pretty sure this was a crit Mega Punch, from close to full. :/
NO, SWEET BABY BOY!!!!! I'll hold a funeral for him. Maybe bury a game cartridge in my garden or something.

TheTRUEgge

Egg
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Dang, Lucky Devil is doing really well! I suppose no physical/special split helps a lot with knowing if it’s safe to keep her in, too

Killjoy

bottom text
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them (preferable)
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the joy killer, most passive-aggressive creacher, unable to type properly but seems to not care enough
This poor Chansey keeps staring at you and begging for help, because her screams are muted by Game Freak Cross Gen Evolution Restrictions, so all she can do is Stare. And she is winning the stare contest.

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Sure is. Grats on remembering that. You have a lot of chances for them like this.

NO, SWEET BABY BOY!!!!! I'll hold a funeral for him. Maybe bury a game cartridge in my garden or something.
Woo!
Oh, right, bugs...sorry you had to see that :/

Dang, Lucky Devil is doing really well! I suppose no physical/special split helps a lot with knowing if it’s safe to keep her in, too
Yeah, it's real nice. I tried to use a Blissey in Platinum one time and it just got punked as soon as I finished training it, so getting actual results here is pleasing.

This poor Chansey keeps staring at you and begging for help, because her screams are muted by Game Freak Cross Gen Evolution Restrictions, so all she can do is Stare. And she is winning the stare contest.
#FreeChansey

I made this when I saw Golduck's back sprite when fighting Blaine, and then I forgot to post it, so here it is now. Anyway, let's see the new team now, eh?

Chansey is even better than the Close Call badge, I'd say. I can set up Calm Mind and then BoltBeam pretty much whatever I want if the types align, since mixed attackers are kind of rare here. Possible MVP.

Arbok's stats aren't the greatest, but I EV trained her Attack, so she does fine. Also, Rock coverage is really nice and SlideQuake is a good combo. She'd be excellent against Agatha if 4/5 of her Poison types weren't flying, but I will probably just use her to plug holes somewhere. Sludge Bomb when?

"When I saw that attack stat...with Thick Club doubling it to 232...I got a boner." Marowak hits REALLY hard. She's sort of a one-trick boner, but that one trick is to OHKO anything I want. Now I'm looking at it, she'll probably be my Bruno quick-fix since she doesn't need to switch away from Onix like Fearow does.

Sappho's stats are well-rounded. That's...pretty much it. But she's my only source of Fire coverage, easy status, and somehow Water Pulse is still useful so she's chill. Another hole-patcher, probably.

Skylla's attack is pretty high. I don't have any particular targets in mind for her, but whatever I throw her at will probably die quickly, so who cares.

Duckface will be waiting in the wings for a while. I haven't fixed her moveset yet, but I'll use her against Lance because Chansey is my Icer and I'm afraid of Hyper Beam.

So without further ado, let's get it on.

Actually, what you mean to say is that Ice moves are powerful. There aren't any freezing moves in this game - the best Ice moves only have around 10% chance of freezing. And I did make a freezing move in my game, but it only has 20 base power, so freezing moves really aren't powerful. [/mansplain]

Gee, I wonder how I'll win this fight?

By the way, it's been Ice Beaming me this whole time.
But I'm holding Leftovers.

Nice.

Ouch.

I did not heal for Jynx. No fear.

me_irl

k.

(Hungrybox has left the game.)

I'm using Marowak.

That's that. Machamp's Bulk Up was spooky but Skylla came through.

Hey, me too!

I'm apparently really afraid of using my Psychic TM for some reason, so THIS was my answer for Gengar.

Wow, Sappho got poisoned! What a surprise!

You have been visited by the Arbok of coverage. Good movesets and super-effective hits will come to you, but only if you post "Thank you Rock Slide" in this thread.

Oh, no, I know your trick.

No Dream Eater for you!

Thank you Rock Slide.

???? okay. That happened.

Aha.

Of course.

Cheater!

I think you're the fake Arbok around here.

:yay:

So, as I said before, Chansey will not work as an Icer for Lance. You think that 25 defense can stand up to a Hyper Beam? 'cuz I don't.

Golduck is not a goose.

WHY in the world do they not just admit that he's a Flying trainer?? There weren't any other Flying masters in RBY, so...?

No, silly, it ends with BUTT4! :v:

Thank you Rock Slide.

Seriously how is Water Pulse still useful???

Full Restore, more water pulses, blah blah.

Oh snizzap. I'm not used to them sending out their Pokemon out of order.

...eh, you know what, I'll stay in.

Several Strengths later...

Ok thanks for nothing Blizzard I guess????

yeah.

I actually like this speech.

Let's do this.

z

It's done. I kept running out of good moves against that Gyarados. It was super annoying, and yet, in retrospect a completely in-character thing for Blue to do in this situation.

Hooray! We did it! ...again.

So then, that's FireRed completed.

...right?

Well, if you'll take another look at my rules...they say that the Kanto games are over once I beat Blue's STRONGEST team. In RBY, this'd be it. But here...there's one more stronger team he has. The round 2 team.

So it's time to take it back to the Hornii Isles.

Er. To do that, you need to have 60 Kanto Pokemon in your 'dex. I haven't...uh....

I'm just gonna go insert data in for some of the champs I used in Gen 1...

Yes.

Hell yes.

Hell.

Fucking.

Yes.

NEXT TIME. See ya then.

Reactions: Bug

TheTRUEgge

Egg
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Sweet, Blissey!.. I just noticed her attack stat. Wh... what. Anyways, I’m glad the evolution was finally able to happen, and I hope she can make it to the end!
Good luck I’m sevii, too

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Alright, time to get going with the Sevii isles.

I do kind of like this lore for not being able to trade with RSE, even though I think that's stupid.

I guess you're just supposed to know that this is here. Which is fine, I guess.

Also both of the passwords are mediocre palindromes.

I think I capped this to make a reference but I forget what so it's just here because it's pretty funny.

Nice.

And here we have our first Johto Pokemon!

...except I don't because I used this in Sapphire.

Woo.

Hooray.

This is a permission of an HM slave. I need Cut to access the Sapphire, and none of my team can learn it IIRC.

SOON.

There's my target.

Another Johtomon. You didn't get to see this, but I was continually annoyed in Gen 2 from getting Pidgeys on Rt 29 instead of Sentrets, to the point that both of my Pidgeys in Gold and Silver were named "Not Sentret". When I finally got a Sentret in Crystal, it was "YES SENTRET". (and then it died)

I didn't use this at all in the Elite four, but it's here.

Uh...can you please move?

...I guess I need to find out that I'm supposed to go here before I'm allowed to. So, uh...Four Island?

This is so weird. Waterfall is just...sitting here in Icefall cave. And I'm pretty sure this right here is the only waterfall in the game. So it only exists as a roadblock to make you loop around the cave before you meet Lorelei.

Friendly reminder that Let's Go stole the "Lorelei helps you fight Team Rocket" event from the Sevii Islands, which they then removed.

Okay, NOW let's go. You have to use Cut on the door to open it for some reason.

The door has "CUT" written on it in braille. I'm not sure if FRLG came with a braille translation thing like RSE did...

This puzzle is pretty easy. You can just intuit which direction you need to go from the number of characters: Up is two, Right is five. Down and Left are both 4, but they have distinct letters from each other, so you can only make that mistake once.

And we just...let this guy take it.

Speak of the Lucky Devil...

In we go.

Nice...?

How am I still using this move.

Thank you for being shit, Cross Chop.

After 10,000 years...

I finally have it...

OH GODDAMN IT

I meant to delete ACID, but my second down input didn't register and I was too excited. And I haven't saved in a minute, so....

bluhhhhh

me rn

I would just like to appreciate this Rocket Grunt who's like "oh you're doing this because you're not evil? oh...i guess im not evil either"

Dude...are team rocket really the ONLY people in this whole part of the <shape of the earth> that can buy that from you? What do they even want it for???

Nice. Irrelevant, but nice.

Hmm.

I'm just gonna bully the two trainers in the southern part of Sevault Canyon for a while.

Encounters for the entrance and the canyon proper. Nice.

I don't need to do the whole team review rigamarole. Here's the updated movesets and the team shot.

Round 2, let's go.

This battle basically doesn't exist. I wasted a few of my Thunderbolts, but now it's over.

Done and done.

press 1 if you feel mad for lorelei

I am real life shocked. A super-effective Bonemerang didn't OHKO???

Ow.

Good.

Wait as soon as i pressed a i realized this was a mistake

shit

shiiiiiit

:(

one of the ogs

Well this was a weird frame to get this shot on, but you get the picture.

:(

Okay enough of this baby crap.

We fight Agatha with a REAL counter.

Huh, I guess Gengar is Clefable's shadow after all.

Not even good enough to be my fake.

...Of course.

This is fine.

has Thunderbolt for some reason

Crit Sludge Bomb...wait, her Arbok probably has Earthquake as well now that this is round 2.

Yuuuuup.

Giga drain. Cute.

k

I miss vriska.

Gengar's physical attack is piss but so is Blissey's defense so Sludge Bomb hurts.

w/e

That was awful.

ok

I am mortally afraid of Hyper Beam.

oh my god

so I used Blizzard turn one on Gyarados

then I saw it didn't quite 2HKO so I used Surf to guarantee a kill from Blizzard without him healing

and then he SWITCHED HIS DRAGONITE IN ON A "SURF" IN THE NEXT TURN

YOU FUCKING IDIOT

ah, that was cathartic after that Agatha fight.

ouch

Yes pls

Good.

Good.

Oh.

That's...why? Kingdra gets like no physical moves.

*bulbapedias*

...ok, this thing knows Hyper Beam and Ice/Surf. That's a little scary tbh.

Sappho doesn't do enough but maybe boner can kill from this range? And hopefully not die somehow?

I mean, her special defense is decent at least...

Or...die to a +3(? i didn't keep close track for future me) Hyper beam. k.

Do work?

you bastard

>:(

this is getting worrying

pls

PLEASE

OH GOD I LIVE

YES

...unfortunately, no. I still have the big butt to deal with.

I believe in this gang.

Every member has like one throwaway line about how this is a rematch and then otherwise unchanged dialogue. It's a little weird.

<this is actually true>

Let's...OH. That is actually threatening as hell.

...except that I bulbapedia'd it, and he has the vanilla Heracross moveset, except his fighting move is Counter. So Sappho's as safe as a Clefable could ever be against a Heracross.

Megahorn is still a clean 2HKO, though. And Flamethrower isn't.

It took 7 TURNS for anything other than a Megahorn hit to happen, when Cute Charm proc'd.

and then a perfect cascade to secure a kill and waste some full restores.

...uhh...right. Blissey time!

That's...scary. But we can set up alongside each other...fine? And Blissey should be able to outlast and secure a kill.

Repeat about 5x. I need Blissey to be able to OHKO his whole team, I think. Including a TTar. So it gets drawn out.

or.....

that could happen......

yeah im fucked

nothing i could do about that after the first crit.

*i forgot to cap releasing sappho like an idiot*

This team was a team of heroes. It was an honor to fight with them, and I'm sad to see them go.

...but my rules do not mark a wipe as the end. I can continue the fight to the bitter end - total box exhaustion - if I want to.

And I do. NEXT TIME: THE REVENGEANCE.

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Sweet, Blissey!.. I just noticed her attack stat. Wh... what. Anyways, I’m glad the evolution was finally able to happen, and I hope she can make it to the end!
Good luck I’m sevii, too
Yeah that's pretty wack. 10 base attack will do that to you.
Unfortunately, she did not. :[

Time to go grind.

So actually all of my Fliers are dead. So I had to backtrack through Victory Road with a team's peak level of 25. Some of the lower levels or Rock/Grounds I could handle, but THESE were really scary. I made it though.

Time to do this hardcore-style. This goes on the weaker guys until they're strong enough to fight. Then, it goes on Ditto.

No, I want to bully your Goldeens to get Attack EVs. Get back to work.

Protip: Stop your Pupitars from evolving once because they learn Earthquake at level 56.

Okay, that was a lot of grinding. Let's meet the new team.

Kabutops! Pretty solid all around. EV trained in Attack and Speed, so he can kill quick and fast. He's on Lorelei duty. I assembled this team from the box specifically to make this third round very easy.

MAN here will set up and sweep Bruno (since my team is ass against Fighting), and take out BUTT4's Tyranitar. Clear cut, nice and simple.

Tyranitar is just really solid all around. It's also a personal goal of mine to use every single pseudo line. Larvitar is Safari-exclusive in its native game, though, so I'll just use it here. She'll make Agatha a cinch. I know there's a reason why I named her Becky, but I forget what it was.

Halley is...I don't know. I guess Heracross duty? She fills holes nicely and Intimidate is good. That's really it.

Nereid will take on Lance. She's also my panic option, since I can Perish Song or Sheer Cold annoying things.

And kinky is...okay. I'm gonna be honest. I brought this thing in originally to prevent another Alakazam or Kingdra situation from happening, by copying their sweep. But 1) my whole conceit for doing that requires the Quick Powder, which doesn't actually exist in this game. And 2) TTar walls Alakazam anyway. So it's sort of just here for a meme. Hopefully I can find some use for it.

Let's get right into the battles.

Easy mode.

5 outspeeds, 5 kills. NEXT!

Hitmonchan time.

4 should be enough.

...you know, it just occurred to me that both gen 1 Hitmons have been used to fill teamslots when teambuilding at Indigo Plateau. They've hardly seen any gameplay. I have definitively used Chan more than Lee now, though; Lee was a jobber.

I should OHKO all of her Pokemon, without accounting for hax.

Hypnomiss...

Okay, I actually don't want to get EQ'd.

Double team? Fine. I actually discovered something on bulbapedia yesterday...

The OHKO move formula isn't exactly an accuracy check, so it ignores evasion. This is still a 32% chance, but -

I only have to hit it once.

That sandstorm chip from Misdreavus shows how long it took to actually hit that move. It was Attracting.

Not effortless, but easy.

It's the Lapras show!

Oh snap, he got the Ancientpower boost!

...and then missed his Hyper Beam. We take those.

They had moves to hit me with, but nothing to kill.

no, bad kingdra.

Allow me to sing for you the song of my people. And by people I mean Sappho's cool girl squad whose death is mostly your fault.

I'm switching around cuz I don't want this thing to somehow get a kill out of its death throes.

Done.

ok now that ive been through here and lost all these single changed lines sound mocking

Here we go.

ech

ECH

Good. [he tried Rock Tomb and missed]

Um.......???? Why did you do this?

You have a Gyarados????

Doneski.

Easy.

(this isn't switch mode, im just not capping every single action)

I know he'll full restore THIS turn, but I haven't kept track of them and if he attacks out of turn TTar dies, so I'll switch.

That's fine.

Prepare yourself for my final attack. . . . .

EAT ROCK!!!!

[heh...eat rock. i'm pretty clever.]

dufe i did this whole grinding sesh TWICE stfu

O...kay?

Hell yeah.

This isn't the squad I wanted to see in here, but I'm proud of them nonetheless. Good job, team.

Although...

there is one more thing I didn't do.

Ditto didn't see any action...

We must rectify this immediately.

This will be a fight for honor. 1v1. No Poke Balls. Unknown Destination.

Here we come.

We did it.

Until next time. And by next time, I mean next game.

See ya.

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Neat, this is neat and I wish to see more of it.
I am happy to oblige.

The champs of the previous run have been added to the template/banlist.

On with the show!

So let's get right into it. I've been naming myself Champa every time, which I think is appropriate.

Settings! It's kind of hard to get a good screencap of switching out, so just for reference, YES I am playing on Set mode.

I swear I took more caps of the beginning than this, but they vanished. Whatever. It's same old anyway. Speaking of same old, I used Charizard in Red and Venusaur in Yellow (as you can see in the template), but my Squirtles died in Blue AND FireRed. So I can (and must) pick it again.

Which is convenient because Venusaur is pretty much Blue's worst starter. I don't know how Arcanine, Gyarados, or Exeggutor stack up, but Venu "SolarBeam! oops, I'm dead" saur is basically free.

Squirtle is Squirtle. It's good until it evolves, where it becomes decent (because of its movepool), and then great again after Surf and Ice Beam. It's a Water type. He's named after Squirtle's forward aerial (AKA "Fair"), because I main Pokemon Trainer in Smash Ultimate. Lonely nature is whatever. It's fine.

Rival 1 is the same as it always is. Also I don't know a ton about base stats, but these don't...look great. I don't know.

Up and back down. Time to play the video game.

Route 1! Both of the things on this route are duped out, so no catches for me.

Route 22 catch. Since Skylla died, it was this or Spearow. It doesn't really matter to me; I'll end up with both eventually anyway. Adamant is nice. Primeape is a good Pokemon, if a bit frail.

Route 2 catch. Again, it was this or Weedle.

...I was gonna name this one (vriska), since my Butterfree from FireRed was the original vriska, but there's no parentheses on the FRLG keyboard. Huh.

Whatever. Butterfree is solid as always, what with that CompoundEyes Sleep Powder and all. Relaxed is meh but it's fine.

Viridian forest. I'm not certain, but I think this and Pikachu were equally likely? But w/e.

Gen 3 Beedrill is nowhere near as good as Gen 1 Beedrill. I should've named one of these guys Buntd,. Whatever. I would like to get good use out of this, but I don't really expect to tbh. I'm kind of over Beedrill for a while. Name, appropriately enough for the reference, is a twofold joke. First, It's Bee 2, because BUGE from FR was Bee 1. Second, It's BEES, but with the typing style of a character from Homestuck who is loosely associated with bees (which is a character trait that the fandom greatly exaggerates for some reason).

Went to level 7 for the forest. Being underleveled in the early game really hurts, so.

Oh yeah, I also went back for the second Rival fight, which I think I skipped in FR?

Pidgey is annoying.

You can't escape her vision 8fold. Even though she doesn't technically have it yet.

:::;)

IDK if this thing actually has Vine Whip, but I don't want to lose anyone to it.

No, if I lost due to Sand Attack, YOU would've lucked out. I won with PURE SKILL.

forest time

Obligatory Vriska at level 8

bruh

>catch weedle
>find Pikachu immediately
>it forces you to run back to the center
bruh

I'm finding so many of these things now that I can't catch them.

Nothing interesting happened. I evolved these kids just in case.

brock time

I think I actually saw someone make this mistake on the internet recently, though I forget how.

I kind of wish Brock actually stood up to this hype, but it's also nice that he doesn't.

Cuz, you know.

Done.

bruh I haven't used Flash for Kanto in years

Loots!

So route 3. I either get Jigglypuff or Spearow here, and Spearow is more common. I could skip and come back for a guaranteed Puff, but I realized my team is weak to Flying, so I'll just do it. (plus puff isn't that good anyway but shhhhh)

Cool.

See the beginning of this run for my thoughts on Fearow, I guess. I hope this one doesn't die.

And Mt. Moon encounter. Since Sappho died before the end, I can get another one of these, and all the other mt moon things are still banned.

...and then he got picked off by a crit Quick Attack. Rip in peace :[

Kabutops is banned now, so I'm forced to take this. I don't really mind. Praise Helix and all that.

One of these would've gone to Clefairy if he was alive... meh.

Good night, sweet prince.

Route 4 encounter, and the only eligible one to boot.

I like Sandshrew, and Adamant is nice once again. You have to wait a little longer for EQ in this version and Dig is weaker, but Sandslash can still do work.

I'll be sure to use this on any Tauros I see :v:

A perfect move for Butterfree and a perf8ct move for Vriska. By the way, I'm leveling a bit on route 4 for Rival 2, since it's a level jump.

Here's my gang for Rival 2.

k

The back and forth was fun for a bit, but Gust almsot 2HKOs, so...bye!

Venusaur is a shitter, but Bulbasaur is annoying when I don't have much power.

That was...definitely intentional.

You're not so tough.

No.

Nice!

...why...is this in the game?

bruh

sand attack shenanigans into crit gust on nugget bridge

And I got another Beedrill killed. Sorry. :((((

I think that's a decent place to stop for now. See ya.

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
I know its bees with sollux's quirk but all i read is bee....

oh well its dead now i guess

but man, that ban list is really piling up for kanto mons, oof

TheTRUEgge

Egg
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Oof, that immediate clefairy death... at least Brock went pretty well! I’m sorta surprised you didn’t go to12 for him, but it obviously worked out in your favor. Good luck with misty and even more rival stuff!

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I know its bees with sollux's quirk but all i read is bee....

oh well its dead now i guess

but man, that ban list is really piling up for kanto mons, oof
My Kanto Beedrills got their asses handed to them twofold, I guess.
It's a good thing I'm not playing Let's Go cuz I don't even think I'd be allowed into Koga's gym with a banlist this size.

Oof, that immediate clefairy death... at least Brock went pretty well! I’m sorta surprised you didn’t go to12 for him, but it obviously worked out in your favor. Good luck with misty and even more rival stuff!
Yeah, I wasn't feeling up to it for Brock. Either Mankey or Squirtle win that fight for free, so having both of them lets me be lazy.

Today we start with...a bad move. I wouldn't learn this even if I didn't have Mega Punch. It's that terrible. You need to hit more than twice to beat out Scratch's damage, and it does 0 damage 20% of the time as well, so. no.

Route 25 encounter. All the other stuff is duped or champ'd.

Bellsprout is fine. Its movepool leaves something to be desired, but it's Kanto, so...y'know. Lax is meh. Named because it evolves into a pitcher plant :V:

He can stay in the box for now, though. I'm pretty sure there's a trophy for this? I didn't check before I did it, but w/e

Exchanging K-chops with a Machop...I need to evolve this man before he dies.

Loots!

Here's my team going into Misty's gym. I'm underleveled but I don't care.

Okay, psyche, I need this first.

NOW it's Misty time.

All these gym leaders just...say shit. It doesn't even really mean anything anymore. But it's still here, so okay.

Plan: Wartortle.

Mega Kick!

Exchanging Mega Kicks/Bites and Water Pulses/Swifts. No troubles since I didn't get confused.

Cut is something I MUST use, unfortunately. Also, RIP Clefairy.

ffffffff...okay. I got Hyper Fang'd down to half, and then punked by a crit Quick Attack.

And for the second time, (vriska) dies on the eve of an 8 level.

Guess he comes in, then.

Looting the Vermilion area.

Encounter! I killed both of my chances to get this line in FR, so this is nice.

Drowzee is chill. No elemental punches like in GSC, but it can still do stuff. Naughty is fine. Named after one of the dubbed One Piece openings.

My Diglett's Cave encounter almost killed my Bellsprout.

It was fine though.

I'm waiting until Spearow Lv. 25 for Aerial Ace.

Nice.

I'm doing the SS Anne now, by the way.

This move is so terrible. Why is it so terrible?

Say hi/bye to Rival 3.

Thanks for being here, Drowzee.

Duhhhhh

Razor leaf I guess? I honestly don't remember what happened.

and that hp is why I didn't use Spearow in the first place

thanks mega kick

Fun fact: Keizaron uploads streams of Crystal randomizer bingo races to his youtube channel, and him and his friends have nicknames for some of the moves. They call Psychic "piss-kick" because that's how you pronounce it wrong, but for a while I thought they were talking about Mega Kick because this move is piss AKA terrible.

Anyway, ty Bite.

As opposed to...?????

Someone on these forums pointed out that this line is actually really funny if you read it as super sarcastic. So yeah.

Wahoo.

rip lava cookie

DREAMIN'! Don't give it up, Luffy! DREAMIN'! Don't give it up, Zoro! DREAMIN'! Don't give it up Nami! etc.

Mmmmm...pass. I have Sandslash.

Er, I do now. I'm in Surge's gym now.

I have no idea what this means.

This puzzle is free, dude.

Hopefully 3 Digs. probably more.

One!

Two!

ech

Three! Ah ah ah!

Cool.

Badge get!

Time to go to Rock Tunnel.

I capped it at a bad time, but there's a super potion hidden in the wall BEHIND this Cut tree for some reason.