• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Kanto Teen Commentary I Got 152 Problems...

Thread Description
...and the alphabet ain't one. A Pokemon 152 Red Alphabetlocke || Part 11

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
Hey, so I've been looking at this fancy new "Kanto" game that features all of the Pokémon from my favorite first two regions, Johto and Hoenn, and I've just kinda been wondering...

What in the ever-loving FUCK is that thing on the cover??

(Okay, so this is an Alphabetlocke run of a hack called Pokemon 152 Red by our forum's very own surfe in which no Kanto Pokémon or their evolutions are found in the "main" game. And outside of parentheses, you are never going to hear me breathe a word about Kanto Pokémon in this entire fucking run. Are we clear? Good.)

1. Catch the first Pokémon you encounter on each route.
    • This rule doesn't come into play until after you have Poké Balls.
    • If a Pokémon you first encounter is of a line you've encountered before, you can skip it and catch the first non-duplicate you see.
    • If a Pokémon is shiny, you may catch it regardless of encounter or duplicate status and use it freely.
  2. If a Pokémon faints, it is deceased. Gonezo. Tapped out. YOLO'd.
  3. Your team will be determined through the whims of the alphabet. Your team may only be the first six Pokémon you own in terms of the Pokémon's species name, or the name given to it in the Pokédex (e.g. Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokémon), or its nickname.
    • The six Pokémon you can use will switch upon you reaching a new city for the first time or upon beating a gym. They will cycle in order of Species name -> Pokédex name -> nickname.
      • This will not begin until the first time you have more than six Pokémon available, because I can't be assed to uselessly track which sorter I'm on until mount the fuck Moon. No.
    • Your Pokémon's nicknames will have the first letter generated via a random letter generator.

Kind of a bold move on Game Freak's part to put these rando ass creatures on the introductory scene in this game, but they got the spirit. Love the hopping.

hey uhhh what the fuck is that thing in the corner anybody gonna fucking explain that one??? Yellow lookin' rabbit ass thing.

yo uh this is a Pokémon game, right? not fucking Digimon??? Put your goddamn Patamon away.

I tried really hard to think of a good name for my rival, and decided that a half-assed attempt at writing out my most mortal nemesis was the way to go. Meet my good friend Depresi.

The recovery of the inaugural Potion is a sacred trust between you and the creator of the game you are playing. Not all would be as generous as to provide.

leT ME SEE WHAT I CAN PICK, I have a short attention span and don't know what the starters are so I can't pick which one I want to use by alphabetlocke optimization.

You mean I gotta do this first?

*heaves a great, heavy sigh*

So be it. If I must submit to the whims of Plot Progression, then I will make it so.

Okay, so Johto starters. Aces. Chikorita has pretty solid letters as it goes from C to B to M and Leaf to Herb, and Totodile is also solid at T to C to F and a consistent B for the Big Jaw Pokémon. Cyndaquil, meanwhile, has possibly some of the worst letters I've ever fucking seen on a starter - C to Q to T and Fire Mouse to Volcano. the F in fire mouse is the respects we're paying this poor bitch.

This choice is really the simplest solution, though.

Fitting that this run isnt even out of the fucking gate and already depression's come knocking. Not this time motherfucker.

(Alright, but really though the mental image of Blue fucking Oak with a Chikorita is maybe the funniest shit I've ever seen. This is even funnier than Silver, holy fuck. God.)

Uh, Chikorita, you uh... good there, fam?

Sure? Okay.

Cool.

Hello, this is Rival Support speaking. Please give me your name and number, and I can patch you through real quick to someone who fucking cares.

Oh, thank god, the Johto pandering I craved. I feel like I'm right back in Generation 2. Really weird how they never made a Gen 1 and skipped right to 2, huh?

(Still a Kanto game. Can you hear my excitement. Woo.)

Wait, did they add new Pokémon to this game?? I don't remember two caterpillars.

what the fuck are those

never heard of him officer

god fucking dammit.

no crocodiles were forced to work retail in the making of this production.

thank fuck. i was afraid i'd have to be funny for another five screens before we got to the actual nuzzing of locke

Oh cute! I love these little guys.

Not sure i can feel the same about crits rn, though. It was above half from the Tackle, so I decided to try a Rage. Not my best play.

Oh! Marill! I love marill! This is the Route 22 catch.

can you tell the last KO traumatized me

That's as in John Quincy Adams. TBH I don't remember what he did beyond being kind of a douchebag, I think, but it's just sort of assumed that historical figures in US history were probably sort of douchebags at this point. Water continues to be wet.

in my excitement i kind of forgot that marill were exclusively shit in gen 3.

and what the hell is that thing supposed to be????

now, my hat may make me look like a young dumb prep with no fucking idea what's about to happen to them, but I have just enough of a brain cell to purchase antidotes and not die. Also bought some balls but that kinda goes without saying.

oh shit a bird!

This is my OC Diego Wringlocke, he's Elle's secret brother who was separated at birth an

If I get a fourth Pokémon I can pretend I didn't spectacularly fail to catch one earlier

A BABY! And the highest leveled of any of my non-starter Pokémon, actually.

I named him Ringo because he's a Starr.

Welcome to the League of Distinguished Gentlemen.

Now for the grind.

It's goin' pretty good if I do say so myself

pretty swell. pretty great.

Oh thank GOD. Here I was worried my team might learn some bad moves, but y'all ain't here to play.

Foresight.

Oh fuck, moment of truth. Beautifly and Dustox both will probably see use on a final team, but Beautifly (B-B) has much better letters than Dustox (D-P). We'll see what we get.

Well alright, works for me. You coulda been a mainstay, but I respect your dedication to the role of bit part.

Now, I probably could beat Depresio right the fuck now, but I think a Dustox will be enough insurance to make that a certainty.

Boom.

Okay, I lied, I wanted them to be even after that.

Thank CHRIST. I cannot even begin to tell you how agonizing trying to kill things with Tackle Marill was.

my mom said I didn't have to talk to you.

I didn't remember this fight opening with levels that high. I sure don't regret grinding now.

Why did it take this many poison stings???

oh well

yeah that definitely sounds like my depression talking

Okay, tune in next time to watch Occam and the gang razor their way through their greatest challenge yet:

Splash panels. See you then.

Last edited:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Haha, it's Depresi! Like Terezi, but depressed!!

... That's just Terezi, huh?

So like? I realize I am not so big on gen II pokemon as I am III. Am I a Hoenn fanboy? Maybe. But the sheer amount of joy I felt seeing a wurmple after 3 whole ass Johto 'mons is indescribable. Anyways, enjoy your next in a line of alphabetlockes, why do you love the alphabet so much.

Bigredlittlewolf

On the corner of happy and sleep depravity
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This user sometimes disappears for weeks on end to finish a single update, then bursts with activity for 30 hours straight.
JIM I'M LOOSING MY SHIT

SO FOR SOMETHING THAT IS ESPECIALLY LOW EFFORT I'M LOOSING MY SHIT?? I too don't understand why they never just made a generation one! Like god, it makes no sense? They could have kept milking that cashcow for like 20 whole years, had they made one whole generation one!! Isn't it interesting how gen one never existed???

surfe

I am SHOPKEEP. I desire ALL RUBLES.
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
Chikorita using Struggle is fixed in the latest version, please don't judge me!!!

I'll be interested in seeing how this goes! With two water Pokemon you should be set for Brock, hopefully? Good luck fighting him and also depression and his struggling potato.

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Their body is made of an intricate and interconnected weave of their own puns.
Bryss: In this game, I will pretend that no generation apart from Gen 1 (plus hangers on) exists.

Jim: Hold my beer...

One day a hack will make a fusion of Toucannon and Azumarill called Zazumarill that will finally rid alphabetlockers of the scourge of blue aquarabbits.

Dustox

Professional Schemer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
"No matter how hard you look, you won't see what I'm scheming."
I named him Ringo because he's a Starr.
God bless. Dustox are always stars. Like m- *shot*

Like Bug, I'm actually more of a Gen III person? Like I never realized how much of a Hoenn head I am until I listed all my favorite mons and half of those were from Hoenn. But I used to love Johto so much and I'm McLovin' this run already.

surfe

Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
Speaking of Johto and Hoenn, there's quite a few Johto mons I keep thinking are gen 3 because of how rare they were in gen 2. Marill is probably the worst for this and it made Bug's comment kinda confusing to me at first! : v

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, it's Depresi! Like Terezi, but depressed!!

... That's just Terezi, huh?

So like? I realize I am not so big on gen II pokemon as I am III. Am I a Hoenn fanboy? Maybe. But the sheer amount of joy I felt seeing a wurmple after 3 whole ass Johto 'mons is indescribable. Anyways, enjoy your next in a line of alphabetlockes, why do you love the alphabet so much.
WOW YOURE JUST GONNA FUCKIN COME FOR HER?? SHE AIN'T EVEN GO HERE.

I mean, I completely understand. I feel like part of it is in the fact that, frankly, Johto Pokémon just flat out aren't as strong as other generations' Pokémon. They were literally made to be inferior to Kanto in the majority of cases. How sad is that. I feel you, though, I was super happy to see my lad Ringo too.

LOOK. ALPHABETLOCKES ARE JUST NICE.... I CAN USE A BUNCH OF POKEMON AND I DONT GOTTA WORRY ABOUT PICKING. It relaxes me.
JIM I'M LOOSING MY SHIT

SO FOR SOMETHING THAT IS ESPECIALLY LOW EFFORT I'M LOOSING MY SHIT?? I too don't understand why they never just made a generation one! Like god, it makes no sense? They could have kept milking that cashcow for like 20 whole years, had they made one whole generation one!! Isn't it interesting how gen one never existed???
Honestly I'm pretty proud of this too!

Why isn't there a generation one tho?? They coulda done so much with it but instead they started us off with, like, 80 Pokémon.
Chikorita using Struggle is fixed in the latest version, please don't judge me!!!

I'll be interested in seeing how this goes! With two water Pokemon you should be set for Brock, hopefully? Good luck fighting him and also depression and his struggling potato.
Yes, to surfe's credit, Struggle is fixed now.

Yeah, Brock was... well you'll see. Thank you for the luck!
Bryss: In this game, I will pretend that no generation apart from Gen 1 (plus hangers on) exists.

Jim: Hold my beer...

One day a hack will make a fusion of Toucannon and Azumarill called Zazumarill that will finally rid alphabetlockers of the scourge of blue aquarabbits.
GOD I WAS THINKING ABOUT DARK VIOLET THE WHOLE TIME LIKE "I can't believe I'm just doing Dark Violet but as stupidly as possible"

Yeah it's.... if this was Gen IV I would be much happier. Well, if it had Huge Power, I would be much happier. As it is, well uh, here we are.
God bless. Dustox are always stars. Like m- *shot*

Like Bug, I'm actually more of a Gen III person? Like I never realized how much of a Hoenn head I am until I listed all my favorite mons and half of those were from Hoenn. But I used to love Johto so much and I'm McLovin' this run already.
He's a star!!! You're a star!!!

Y'know, that's completely fair. I buy you being a Hoenn boy? honestly that story you told me about your first hoenn experience, I think about that a lot, that's so fucking sweet.
Speaking of Johto and Hoenn, there's quite a few Johto mons I keep thinking are gen 3 because of how rare they were in gen 2. Marill is probably the worst for this and it made Bug's comment kinda confusing to me at first! : v
God I feel the same way! The worst case for me is I used to mix up the Snorunt line and the Swinub line really bad, thinking Snorunt debuted in Gen 2 and Swinub debuted in 3. It's better now, mostly.

Mostly.
Thank you Narwhal for mine life this image means everything to me.

Hewwo!!! It's time for a second update!!!

We begin as these things always seem to, with copious looting.

Oh man, I totally forgot you could find cocoons in the wild around here. Wish I'd been grinding here now.

Is Caterpie, like. Some Kantonian slang for Wurmple. What the hell is going on here??

Oh.

Ohohohohohoooo.

This was timed... fortuitously.

Hmm.

Really??

That bug catcher is my favorite. He always reminds me to pick up this hidden potion here that he dropped, effectively robbing him. It's so handy of him!

(Y'all I didn't even know Seedot was in this forest until the encounter right before I exited. I assume it takes the place of Pikachu?)

Oh, finally. Time to take a break and relax before my Gym fight by exploring this perfectly normal town, where nothing weird lives.

What is that???

Fun extra activity: you can italicize any word in that previous sentence to get a slightly different connotation. These are the kinds of things I enjoy.

So it's like some eldritch fucking god with power over Pokémon? ...And you?

What the fuck. That spiky rabbit is probably radioactive, don't sit there teaching it tricks.

I've got my eye on you, buster.

Outside... reality?

Okay, I guess this is what it takes to relax in this goddamn city of the occult.

Wow, cool Pokémon species!!

...Shame every last one of them is totally dead and gone, making them utterly extinct, never to be seen or heard from again.

What does this Mean.

I picture this with the exact cadence of a man who has promised to get his daughter the dark lord cthulhu for christmas. somehow i relate to that.

So I have a Marill and a Totodile, and like, it's Brock. Somehow I think it'll be okay.

Ah, nuts. If he's opening with Anorith, he's gonna close with something that resists water. That's just obvious.

Well, still, Quincy was the obvious lead here. Occam is more of the pinch hitter of the two on account of not being hot garbage.

See? It's shit like this.

[chuckles] I'm in danger

Yeah, I have the potions for this, and I'm absolutely not risking a crit right here. Rock Tomb has ass accuracy, it'll be fine.

[Several Turns Later]

Brock I swear to god if you're presenting-

Oh. Never mind, this is much more benign.

good tm

route 3 sucks and this is the only interesting thing that happened

moving on

Okay now y'all are really fucking reaching with these "Pokémon" names. You literally just combined the words geo and dude? DUDE??? You're joking right.

Thinking on it, no, Milotic's letters are kinda shit.

Though having said that, I realized about five minutes after leaving Mt. Moon that I should come back and grab this, probably, for the sake of dupes clause, but hindsight is 20/20. For later!!! Definitely!!!! I will remember this!!!!

Okay, so like, I like Spinda. I am favorably disposed towards Spinda. But some of these spot patterns just kind of make Spinda look like it has leprosy or some shit. This is one such pattern.

Nevertheless, I shall shower her with unconditional love for the half hour she remains on my team before her inevitable replacement.

So if I remember correctly, these are p generic, but I still think they're some of the coolest additions to FRLG. I know they blew me away as a wee preteen, and they still do now. It just feels like this snapshot window into what the world actually looks like to these characters. Love that shit.

those are. some bad letters.

Really bad letters. Ah well, I appreciate you anyways.

This is Bullet Seed.

good tm

This was on a coocon!! I should clarify! But yeah I'm having Naomi lead because I want her to be useful. Radio.... could be useful but i'm not fussed about it.

That was, uh.

That was one uproar.

Now had I been thinking at the time i would have just switched in Radio to end the uproar and then switched back out to something else but well, you know.

Instead this happened. I think it fucked up Ringo, too, but I never took a screenshot of it.

I coulda had Mawile??? aw man what the fuck

haha COOL

LOVE IT

Scares aside, Spinda is... shockingly good this early on in the game? Like, real good. Single stage before badge 2 means it is kicking quite a bit of ass. I have a whole new appreciation for it.

For real, though, she's comin' in clutch.

So now this is the life i must live.

what the fuck level does this scaly rat evolve. i coulda sworn it was 15 but okay

Oh, Thief.

good tm but slightly less sarcastically

but choice paralysis is a hell of a drug

...You know, I don't have to fight this guy.

but i wanna

this isnt the same fight but i promise you, you missed absolutely fucking nothing.

Good letters?

In my Alphabetlocke?

i have never been more filled with excitement than i am at this exact moment.

huh wuzzat

good tm

oh shit! This is it, y'all. The point of no return.

Like, in more than one sense, though.

we have some catches to make. And six members on my team. Which means...

drum roll please

ALPHABETLOCKE RULES ARE FINALLY GOING TO COME INTO FUCKING PLAY. GOD.

Only took almost two badges......

so let's make this. this one fateful catch that will bring it all home. at long last.

this catch, which i will definitely succeed in making,

nah tho it was fine for once

i rolled an i and had no idea what to say

so i put innes completely forgetting that there is a perfectly serviceable female name, Ines, that doesnt out me as having played fire emblem

and is the correct gender

its fine hes trans now he just hasnt had his symbol legally changed yet on his forms

boom. just like that were in a whole new world. a world.... of letters.

not that it particularly matters because Wooper has shitty letters!!! but hey. I promise it'll matter soon. Soon.

Like next update soon? see u then :D

surfe

Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
Now I wonder if I messed up with Seedot's encounter rate, because I don't remember seeing it in the wild on my playthroughs of the game, either. Seedot is too cool (and bad) to be rare!! And speaking of balance changes I should really do something about that lass with the level 14 Spinda in Mt Moon. She's a bit mean.

Congrats on beating Brock though! I was kinda worried for you. It's a shame Wooper has such bad letters, it's a really cool mon that deserves to be used!

Also you've got a point with Nidoran. It's a really cool mon but like... what even is it.

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Their body is made of an intricate and interconnected weave of their own puns.
Wooper except the gender difference is that the side head thingies are the M/F icons.

Bless Johto and its 'wait what level does the starter evolve again?' I only consistently remember that Cyndaquil is the early ones, the other two exist in a hazy fog of memory lapse.

k80

h
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Bug
Pokédex Entry
h
all these """pokemon""" show just how lazy game freak is getting. like come on, you seriously named something GEODUDE??? and look at that jigglypuff thing, it's just some cutesy cartoon ball.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
Also you've got a point with Nidoran. It's a really cool mon but like... what even is it.
Pointy bunny, clearly

Also hell yes that is a team and this is a good hack. Go jimothy!

BritishAirSnails

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Beware the BritishAirSnail. They come from the sky and leave their slime EVERYWHERE
Omg I love Alphabetlockes so much. Like, incredibly so, and your wit has me snickering at just the right places. "Good TM". Love it. And the hack is pretty cool so far. Can't wait to see more of it and how things start shaping up now that you're getting more Mons.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now I wonder if I messed up with Seedot's encounter rate, because I don't remember seeing it in the wild on my playthroughs of the game, either. Seedot is too cool (and bad) to be rare!! And speaking of balance changes I should really do something about that lass with the level 14 Spinda in Mt Moon. She's a bit mean.

Congrats on beating Brock though! I was kinda worried for you. It's a shame Wooper has such bad letters, it's a really cool mon that deserves to be used!

No idea! Seedot seemed ridic rare, so maybe? I dunno! I didn't encounter TOO much but yeah.
The lass, uh, yeah, maybe... Spinda is pretty overpowered for this point in the game, especially since most of the stuff you have access to rn is, frankly, early Johto dreck.

Thank you! Yeah, I managed Brock just fine, no worries. Just had to power through, really. And yeah, Wooper doesn't have great letters, but he rolled a good nickname so I'm sure we'll see him sooner or later.

Wooper except the gender difference is that the side head thingies are the M/F icons.

Bless Johto and its 'wait what level does the starter evolve again?' I only consistently remember that Cyndaquil is the early ones, the other two exist in a hazy fog of memory lapse.
Exactly!

God, I don't even play that much Johto anyways, honestly, so it's worse for me. Hell if I know when these fuckers evolve.

all these """pokemon""" show just how lazy game freak is getting. like come on, you seriously named something GEODUDE??? and look at that jigglypuff thing, it's just some cutesy cartoon ball.
Yeah exactly! You get me.

Assuming they were Pokemon, which I strongly doubt, for one. They don't even LOOK like Pokemon. Just some randos they added in here, tbh.
Pointy bunny, clearly

Also hell yes that is a team and this is a good hack. Go jimothy!
Apparently???

Thank you! Will continue to go.

Omg I love Alphabetlockes so much. Like, incredibly so, and your wit has me snickering at just the right places. "Good TM". Love it. And the hack is pretty cool so far. Can't wait to see more of it and how things start shaping up now that you're getting more Mons.
Yeah! I have a lot of fun with them, no idea why. And I'm glad I can continue to be funny. I'm doin my best.

Yeah, it's interesting! I don't use too many of the Johto originating Pokemon, so this is a v new experience for me in that regard. I'm hopeful things will get more interesting here soon when we catch more, yeah.

Trans Innes

bottom text

I expect a Spinda E4 solo somehow, eventually, it'll happen I'm sure
Innes is trans!

Oh that'll absolutely happen, yeah. No doubt.

New part? New part.

Uhhhhhhhhh i actually totally forgot this fight existed. Oops.

His lead is 17! Cool, that's

that's cool i guess

fine

yeah

I'm dying.

Oh fucking finally. That was agony. Fucking Hypnosis. Man, I was starting to think Hoohoot would never get Hypnosis but of course this jackass has it on his.

[high-pitched] cool

Well I'm sure with a super-effective move we can end this in no time.

Sigh.

SIGH.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.

That.

That isn't a KO.

Y'know what honestly fuck this, fuck a whole lot of this.

ngl i just had Ringo use poison sting, i thought it would be funny.

And I was right.

Well that's no bueno

nvm its fine

thank GOD for Naomi. Team fucking MVP.

Go for two? Go for two.

Team FUCKING MVP.

absolutely the hell fuck not. Not an ounce.

yeah that sounds like my depression thanks

Yeah.

So, uh! That hurt. We should probably, like, grind or something.

....naaaaaaaaaaaaah

Oh, the very next level. Of bloody course.

You know I'm not even that desperate for hypnosis, it's just the principle of the thing, really.

I love this bear so fucking much. I'm so glad I got to use her for this thirty minute span before she's wrenched from my grasp by a cruel god.

oh boy oh boy a nugget and a free invite to an evil team organoh wait never mind okay

Ow.

Now with the fullness of hindsight I can say with clarity I have not the slightest idea why I thought Quincy of all people was the one to beat this Carvanha, but damn if I didn't give it my best.

I have regrets.

It's fine tho bc Diego Wringlocke is constantly out for blood.

It's a little terrifying, actually.

And there goes the Dustox. See? Pugnacious little beast.

Well, the team's just about even in levels. Sure would be a shame if, say...

a new catch came along and begone thotted the Whismur. Awful shame that would be, mmyes.

Ohhhhh no! it's a BABY.

Damn fine letter roll, too (given my current letter roll luck). Not gonna lie, named him Iago just because I wanted his name to be higher up than Innes. Ralts will have some pretty good letters at the end of the day and I'm really excited to get to use one in a nuzlocke tbh! I can't recall ever getting the chance before now.

Friendship ended with Whismur now Ralts is my best friend

...grinding time.

Sometimes a boy just gotta get his 'tect on, y'know?

He's getting close to caught up, but he's still frail as fuck so i'm not taking any chances.

Hell yes. Don't gotta worry about him being shoved out of the name team anymore, at least.

Attract.

good tm

always a bit puzzled about why these two are separate routes but I'm not gonna say I'm complaining now

Oh, cool!

Wait, its letters are not great. Fuck.

I gave it this meme name thinking I would never have to use it.

It's probably on the dex name team, though.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I wish this actually did anything. it'd make grinding against teddiursa fun.

oh god, okay, so, like.

I skipped most of these battles because they weren't long, or important, or difficult.

I think the fact this one is coming up should say a lot given that.

This absolute MOTHERFUCKER'S moveset includes Confuse Ray, Double Team, and Moonlight.

Does it have a fourth move? I can't remember.

Does it need a fourth move?

HELL NO.

There is but one panacea against this: my one true savior, Naomi, the undisputed MVP of this fucking run.

You see, Naomi has Own Tempo, so confuse ray doesn't work.

Naomi has Faint Attack, so accuracy doesn't matter.

Clearly it has some attacking move I don't bloody remember because it made me use a potion, but it's fine.

It's. Fine.

FUCK YOU

yeah you mean you just status his ass into oblivion every fight you have? No doubt.

the bright side: it's more useful
the less bright side: it's never going to leave my fucking team.

SECRET POW

good choice paralysis

gesundheit

excuse me

damn right you're not a pokemon

yeah wow its almost like youre some weird fuckin thing just loitering and talking to me in somebody's house

nobody cares about this sequence least of all me lets just move on

catch me breaking down this family's door goin' "iiiiiiiit's JIMOTHY" right in front of this police officer

I... I did this a few days ago and have no memory of why they're in this order, did-

did I... feel threatened by this home and this singular rocket? Did I just lose interest and run off? what happened here why did i grind

a whomst

i too recoil in fear when presented with the strangely cavemanesque look of Croconaw, don't worry

i completely forgot to check compatibility on this

good jm

Now, I absolutely could make a catch now.

But.

If I do that, there are better than average odds I'm going to knock my team MVP, Spinda, out.

But.

I don't have anything super effective against Misty.

fuck it

yolo

HELL YES.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for here.

shitty name but i can deal with that, Ampharos is obviously a team mainstay if it makes it that far.

sorry, Naomi, I'll always love you and your vaguely disturbing face mark pattern

HELL yes. Mareep evolves so early and im absolutely here for it.

Okay, this grind has three main goals:
-Evolve Diego so I can boot him out of the team for now instead of anything else I'm more attached to
-Evolve Iago so he's not booted out of the team instead of Diego
-Get Wagner to 20 so he can run roughshod over this Gym

This is handy.

aw yes

AW YES

defenses are still a bit lean but i can work with that

hey, congrats on becoming more disposable, man!

Don't worry, you'll probably have my nickname team until the day you die.

did someone say... new catch???

Oh shit, a grass type! Actually useful against the next Gym!

rip noctowl i honestly forgot to grab box images

oh shit, i forgot lotad's moveset was so absolutely beyond the pale that somehow gen fucking 3 fucking 10 damage bullet seed is an improvement over its current moveset

thanks lotad

lombre's early evolution is almost like god apologizing to it for making its moveset utter fucking garbage, completely irredeemable.

EXPLAIN YOURSELF GAME FREAK

hey it's something

Madrid's 17, I got bored of grinding, let's fucking go

nvm he's 19

well thank GOD

well let's just play this safe

potions bought, leggo

whoops i got the order of these two fucked up

guess Madrid will have to handle the ace

whoops

wow its almost like i caught and got to use the exact two pokemon i needed to trivialize this gym

now if i had thought about this for EVEN ONE SECOND I woulda slapped that bad boy on Madrid but I didn't so i guess we'll have to wait like another hundred fucking screens

unironically good tm. in this game.

wallace turn on your location i just want to talk

me: wow it sure is weird how it felt like you spent basically no time at all with the dex species team
me @ me: thats because you forgot to fucking use the team. you fool. you absolute füel.

like i know cerulean -> vermilion is a short stretch but they deserved that five seconds of spotlight oh my god

oh well it's too late now here we are

here are dem boys. We'll crack open a cold one with them next time.

Last edited:

k80

h
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Bug
Pokédex Entry
h
quick shoutout to naomi for being the best spinda ever. it's a shame the unstoppable forces of the letters forced her off of the team but we still love her all the same

i dont blame you for running away from the house with the singular rocket in it. that man does NOT have normal footprints and its intimidating

also update the part tracker in the thread subtitle

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Fun extra activity: you can italicize any word in that previous sentence to get a slightly different connotation. These are the kinds of things I enjoy.
Nerd. A valid nerd, but it needed to be said.

What does this Mean.
The problem with multiquote is that I don't know anymore either.

[chuckles] I'm in danger
I am so happy that Corsola is here, but also! Corsola? Scary this early.

Though having said that, I realized about five minutes after leaving Mt. Moon that I should come back and grab this, probably, for the sake of dupes clause, but hindsight is 20/20. For later!!! Definitely!!!! I will remember this!!!!
And you never did. That whole point of no return? Hope it wont bite you later!!!

So if I remember correctly, these are p generic, but I still think they're some of the coolest additions to FRLG. I know they blew me away as a wee preteen, and they still do now. It just feels like this snapshot window into what the world actually looks like to these characters. Love that shit.
Lord, the in-between screens were SO COOL.

I coulda had Mawile??? aw man what the fuck
You just let Laelia run away like that? smh

haha COOL

LOVE IT
W

what the fuck level does this scaly rat evolve. i coulda sworn it was 15 but okay
DON'T CALL THEM A RAT...
Or is this like.... a florida thing.... I know it's not I just remembered florida has a gator problem

...You know, I don't have to fight this guy.

but i wanna
Me on a typical day ending in y

its fine hes trans now he just hasnt had his symbol legally changed yet on his forms
Coincidentally, also Me on a typical day ending in y

[high-pitched] cool
I hear this in your voice, honestly.

nvm its fine

thank GOD for Naomi. Team fucking MVP.
I feel like you had shit to say about spinda before this. Knew you would love it.

So, uh! That hurt. We should probably, like, grind or something.

....naaaaaaaaaaaaah
JIM! YOU DO THIS SO MANY TIMES PLEASE DON'T???

a new catch came along and begone thotted the Whismur. Awful shame that would be, mmyes.
yotéball

I gave it this meme name thinking I would never have to use it.
Well now you have to deal with this later.

This absolute MOTHERFUCKER'S moveset includes Confuse Ray, Double Team, and Moonlight.

Does it have a fourth move? I can't remember.

Does it need a fourth move?

HELL NO.
BET YOU WISH YOU HAD TAAKO NOW, HUH?

the bright side: it's more useful
the less bright side: it's never going to leave my fucking team.
Hey, HEY, that is a good boy!

i too recoil in fear when presented with the strangely cavemanesque look of Croconaw, don't worry
I have NO IDEA why I thought of this song when I saw this:

Madrid's 17, I got bored of grinding, let's fucking go
JIM!!!!

wallace turn on your location i just want to talk

All around, solid couple of updates. Nice pace for a casual run, and I really hope you finish this because I want to see the league!!

surfe

Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
Naomi! Getting to see Spinda do well was partly my motivation for having it available so early, tbh. Shame her position in the alphabet works against her...

I was a little worried when you caught Mareep as your Misty killer, considering her ace : p. But Lombre pulled through in the end. Early Bullet Seed and Water Pulse kinda make up for it's completely garbage moveset!!!

Oh and idk if this goes against your rules, but all the in-game trades have been edited too and you have at least one Pokémon that could be traded for something : )

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
jim hey jim I absolutely love your commenting, so casual and funny and I can practically hear it in your voice. good jim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)