• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto Mature Mon Hypoxia || A Pokemon Soul Silver Nuzlocke

Thread Description
A Pokemon Soul Silver Color Chain Nuzlocke.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Sad echo? That's illegal. It is Cass's civic duty to remedy this state of affairs as soon as possible.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Sad Echo's giving my heart strings a fierce yank here. More headpats for the Cyndaquil are needed, badly.

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude, sad 'mons? NOPE CAN'T SAY NO TO THAT EVER. Also its always kind of surprising for me to see a Cyndaquil with open eyes XD Kinda like when Brock does it. Suddenly its: what is this life? What is reality? @ [email protected]
Best baby! TBH I always found it weird that cyndaquill always have closed eyes but when they evolve suddenly open eyes! So I kinda worldbuilt a little to justify that in that they can open their eyes, they just have light sensitivity and by the time they are able to evolve theyve been acclimated to the light. Still worse eyesight than a lot of pokemon, but can still get on fine.

Sad echo? That's illegal. It is Cass's civic duty to remedy this state of affairs as soon as possible.
Indeed uwu Cant have any sad Echoes in this world! It would surely end!

Sad Echo's giving my heart strings a fierce yank here. More headpats for the Cyndaquil are needed, badly.
BIG AGREE. Neck stritches too, he loves those uwu

In which I make some changes!
Since life keeps happening and I keep missing posts on Fridays,
I'll be switching my upload day to Saturdays! This includes BTAI whenever it's back from break!
At least I'm going to test out Saturdays for a little bit.

Cameo

Protagonist and starter for @katieb1650 's future nuzlocke <3
Seriously it's going to be so good guys <3 We beta for each other and just 👀
Cedar and Shelly @MouseWithADinosaurTail

Riboo

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh I like that detail about the Cyndaquil acclamation, though who needs good eyesight when you can just blast everything away with fire :P

:D Also trouble ekans, loving it already<3

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
...she's a snek. Sneks eat eggs. They've gotta eat something.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Well that's the darkest twist to Across the Divide I've ever seen

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Also, I spot a certain Mudkip and Nincada... I hope it wasn't THAT egg.

snooze

stylish but illegal
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
it lurks in dark caves to focus on its work, venturing outside only when encouraged to by its wife
i just finished catching up on this and aaaa i really really love it *__* first of all your art is awesome - the clean character designs and bright colors bring so much energy to the comic (also your ekans design is probably one of my absolute faves!! i love how absolutely snake-like you've managed to make it!!)

but beyond that you've managed to pack so much strong characterization into just the introductory part of your story!! i feel like i already have such a sense for cass and echo as characters, and their dynamic is really fun and interesting to watch. also like im so curious about cass and what his whole deal is?? you only had to show the togepi egg in one singular panel and its already got my mind racing about why. you've really set up some nice hooks and i cant wait to see them unfold!!

and i gotta say im loving the more "animal" characteristics you give the pokemon characters. like, lotus eating an egg in the middle of the pokecenter? holy shit jfdkhgfg

edit: also omg i totally forgot to mention but i was crying seeing the sasha and rho cameos ;;___;;

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
asjsdjfhsdf ok i finally took the time to catch up on your comic, first of all thank you for the cameo sorry for taking 2 months to notice oh my god!!!!

I love the way you draw environments... page 21 with all the buildings looks that it would have sucked to draw but it came out really nice. 23 with ruins of alph too.
also apricorn lore... (eyes emoji)
lotus honey no......

Really interested with this setup you got going with Cass being apathetic towards the gym fight, and echo equating it with self worth. could definitely see that going haywire down the line lol but not soon. at the same time cas is pretty supportive so it might not turn out the way im thinking. thats my theory anyway

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
Oh I like that detail about the Cyndaquil acclamation, though who needs good eyesight when you can just blast everything away with fire :P

:D Also trouble ekans, loving it already<3
Thanks! IDK if it ever comes up *super detailed* in comic, time will tell, but ;3 It does play a role~

...she's a snek. Sneks eat eggs. They've gotta eat something.
Indeed, cant blame her for her instincts uwu

Well that's the darkest twist to Across the Divide I've ever seen
xD

Also, I spot a certain Mudkip and Nincada... I hope it wasn't THAT egg.
Nah I wouldn't do that to the poor babies!

i just finished catching up on this and aaaa i really really love it *__* first of all your art is awesome - the clean character designs and bright colors bring so much energy to the comic (also your ekans design is probably one of my absolute faves!! i love how absolutely snake-like you've managed to make it!!)

but beyond that you've managed to pack so much strong characterization into just the introductory part of your story!! i feel like i already have such a sense for cass and echo as characters, and their dynamic is really fun and interesting to watch. also like im so curious about cass and what his whole deal is?? you only had to show the togepi egg in one singular panel and its already got my mind racing about why. you've really set up some nice hooks and i cant wait to see them unfold!!

and i gotta say im loving the more "animal" characteristics you give the pokemon characters. like, lotus eating an egg in the middle of the pokecenter? holy shit jfdkhgfg

edit: also omg i totally forgot to mention but i was crying seeing the sasha and rho cameos ;;___;;
Aaaa thanks so much, Snooze! That means a ton to me ;u; I really dunno what to say x3 but thanks a ton! This comment absolutely makes my day whenever I read it. really glad to know I'm hitting all the foreshadowing and I guess introductions pretty well. Hope my delivery continues to go well! I'm pretty excited about my plot and characters, it's the fear of not handling delivery well that's the biggest fear for me as a creator ;u; So this means an absolute metric ton <3 So thanks so much <3

asjsdjfhsdf ok i finally took the time to catch up on your comic, first of all thank you for the cameo sorry for taking 2 months to notice oh my god!!!!

I love the way you draw environments... page 21 with all the buildings looks that it would have sucked to draw but it came out really nice. 23 with ruins of alph too.
also apricorn lore... (eyes emoji)
lotus honey no......

Really interested with this setup you got going with Cass being apathetic towards the gym fight, and echo equating it with self worth. could definitely see that going haywire down the line lol but not soon. at the same time cas is pretty supportive so it might not turn out the way im thinking. thats my theory anyway
;3
But seriously! Thanks so much! Wild to think I used to hate doing bgs before this comic, but because of it, I've been wanting to improve and now that I'm getting better, It's probably my 2nd or 3rd fav part of the process :O Backgrounds are pretty fun for me now! Thanks so much, Miz <3

Huzzah! Good thing I switched my schedule to Saturdays.
Was gone out of state all day yestrday and when I got home fell asleep as soon
as I walked in the door.
Anyway, hope yall like the page!

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Maaaan trouble boi just ain't gettin' a break XDDDDDDDDD

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Oh boy, first the big egg hooplah, now maniacal laughter? Loving the chaotic energy of this snek :v:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh dear this really isn't Cass's day today, what a mess. Such delightful chaos, and our new snake friend knows it. I do have to ask though, what is the intended connotation of those speech balloons with the dashy bits around them? I can't decide through context whether they indicate shouting or loud whispering.

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Hehe! Echo's so reliable. He was at the door to prepare their escape, and was the first to notice the girl. Cass is lucky to have him!!

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Maaaan trouble boi just ain't gettin' a break XDDDDDDDDD
Thus is the life of Cassidy Romano uwu

Oh boy, first the big egg hooplah, now maniacal laughter? Loving the chaotic energy of this snek :v:
Thanks so much! Lotus is so fun a character to write :3

Oh dear this really isn't Cass's day today, what a mess. Such delightful chaos, and our new snake friend knows it. I do have to ask though, what is the intended connotation of those speech balloons with the dashy bits around them? I can't decide through context whether they indicate shouting or loud whispering.
Somedays it just be like that xD They are shouting! Dont fond of the weird white spiky ones as much mostly cause i can't seem to draw them right. Whispers will always have dashed tails (you'll see examples in a couple of pages). A loud whisper would be the dashed tails with the lines going off em! Good question <3

Hehe! Echo's so reliable. He was at the door to prepare their escape, and was the first to notice the girl. Cass is lucky to have him!!
Indeed <3 Echo is the best boy!

Didn't know you were the religious type, Echo uwu
Hope yall enjoy the page!

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
RUN BOI RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN XD;;;

Also the little >:3 c face when snek gets muffled XD

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Omg the little >:3c is so great. Also despite the best efforts, I don't think anyone believes they're here to pray lol.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I like the little leafy collar on that Bellsprout.

Bug

👉😎👉
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Not sus at all! nope!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)