• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto Mature Mon Hypoxia || A Pokemon Soul Silver Nuzlocke

Thread Description
A Pokemon Soul Silver Color Chain Nuzlocke.

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Looks like it's time for some elderLi advice! Get it? Haha..ha....sorry

Anyway, I can't help but wonder if we're going to see the battle against him? I wonder how that would go down with the current context of the comic. Though it could just as likely be glanced over given that you probably breezed through it with Echo lol

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
This old man's so sweet and understanding, I have a feeling he's going to have an impact on Cass in some way. Echo's body language is so good in that third panel, poor lil Cyndaquil. More hints about Cass and his deal, it makes me excited to find out more about him!

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
And there it is, the classic and likely needed armor-piercing question, folks! In all seriousness , just something about the old, wise type reaching out , with no judgement, that gets me all soft in the heart~

Magicforbeginners

Generally Incompetent
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Draws, writes, lives. Poorly, but always improving.
I love Lotus. I love her so much. She's so much fun and a great foil character-wise to Echo, which he really needs. Little dude needs to relax a bit! There's some great character dynamics between the three of these nerds. Cass is a chill enigma, Echo has something to prove, and Lotus is along for the ride
Speaking of Echo, I really like how much is left unsaid about his character yet shows through brilliantly in his actions. Some great show don't tell here! He states that he wants to challenge Gyms, but the way he so easily goes along with Cass's escape from Law Wartortle (?) shows that he's willing to do just about anything, even hook up with an outlaw, to achieve his goal. The second someone accepts him he's ride or die for their plans, which is really interesting and makes me want to know so much more about his past.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
This hit me like a ton of bricks, THAT WAS THE JOKE... THE WHOLE TIME??? I never realized.

It is nice to see a character getting to the meat of the conflict, because we really don’t know a lot about Cass yet.

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aw, I love this kind old man already, he's trying to come at this whole thing with understanding, at least it feels like he's trying to get a sense for the other side of the story, most folks would just be like: Yeeeeeah arrest that guy's ass XD
Yup! There's some other behind the scenes stuff I'll explain after the chapter ends since it doesn't ever really get explained in the rest of the comic and doesn't really play more a role than it already has! But Thank you so much <3

I appreciate the kind understanding this guy is approching with. Though I still feel like he's gonna inadvertently come for Cass's whole life with questions like these.
Thats a very valid mood to have ;3

Anyway, I can't help but wonder if we're going to see the battle against him? I wonder how that would go down with the current context of the comic. Though it could just as likely be glanced over given that you probably breezed through it with Echo lol
Nah we aren't going to see a battle. It's more a battle of wills for Cass than a pokemon battle!

This old man's so sweet and understanding, I have a feeling he's going to have an impact on Cass in some way. Echo's body language is so good in that third panel, poor lil Cyndaquil. More hints about Cass and his deal, it makes me excited to find out more about him!
Thank you so much aaaaa! Hope I dont disappoint!

And there it is, the classic and likely needed armor-piercing question, folks! In all seriousness , just something about the old, wise type reaching out , with no judgement, that gets me all soft in the heart~
Goooood Saaaaaame! I love it so much ;u; Glad it evokes the same response in you!

I love Lotus. I love her so much. She's so much fun and a great foil character-wise to Echo, which he really needs. Little dude needs to relax a bit! There's some great character dynamics between the three of these nerds. Cass is a chill enigma, Echo has something to prove, and Lotus is along for the ride
Speaking of Echo, I really like how much is left unsaid about his character yet shows through brilliantly in his actions. Some great show don't tell here! He states that he wants to challenge Gyms, but the way he so easily goes along with Cass's escape from Law Wartortle (?) shows that he's willing to do just about anything, even hook up with an outlaw, to achieve his goal. The second someone accepts him he's ride or die for their plans, which is really interesting and makes me want to know so much more about his past.
AAAAAaaaa Thanks so much Magic! Lotus is a very fun character to write. And boy howdy, my son really does need to relax xD I stil lcant get over you calling Cass a chill enigma but without all the inside knowledge I have, Ii can 100% see how he can come off that way! But seriouslyyy thanks so much for this comment. Ive been having some trouble with motivation lately with the state the world is in right now and your comment really slapped me in the face with how much I love this comic and since I got it Ive been working hard on the 4th chapter. Got it almost done now Ill be tallying up the percentage after i post this week's page. So thanks for the motivation!

This hit me like a ton of bricks, THAT WAS THE JOKE... THE WHOLE TIME??? I never realized.

It is nice to see a character getting to the meat of the conflict, because we really don’t know a lot about Cass yet.
KFJSDKJGHSDJKGH KJHSGKSDJGH OMFG But yeah! I didn't get it until probably a year or two ago when I think @pkmnMasterWheeler joked about it and used it as a pun and gjklsdgjfg It sure was a system shock xD And thanks so much! It's nice to get to this point and today is my fav dialogue page for Ch 2 aaaaaaaa!

Finally! I've been sitting on this page for so long.
I've been really excited for this exchanged for over a year and finally got it out.
It might not feel much but there were seriously times over the year I've been hammering out this lock
that I've cried over this page and just. I'm glad to finally release it and I hope it hits you all
as hard as it hit me even though I'm a big baby and cry over everything.

Next week is the last page of Chapter 2!
There wont be an extra or intermission for this chapter, but I will type up a little something
about Sprout Tower, the monks, and their place in society next week with the update!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
.... You know, "they could choose to kill us all if they wanted, so we should consider their feelings" wasn't where I thought this monk was going, but it is a solid as hell point to make.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Aww, I love Bellsprout drinking tea.

Riboo

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Aw, I really like this dude, he's so chill and just seems to get it when it comes to things, now there's the matter of how Cas might internalize this statement....

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Dude strikes me as the kind of guy that, if this was irl, he would be sharing his non-dairy milk cereal with a bird that will absolutely outlive him

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Ah man, I can see why this page hit you so hard. The monk's message is simple, yet powerful, and really captures the bond between humans and Pokemon. I have a feeling this speech will have a huge impact on Cass. Bellsprout drinking tea is also adorable!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Man, that cuts pretty deep. Can't help but wonder why pokemon would choose to respect humans and become their loyal companions. I hope Cass takes some time to consider this all and choose to do the right thing!

Magicforbeginners

Generally Incompetent
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Draws, writes, lives. Poorly, but always improving.
Slapping you in the face with how much I love these characters helps motivate you to do the comic? I haven't even scratched the surface of nice things to say.

I help people write for a living, but with the current apocalypse I haven't gotten to work much. So I'll channel it all here! Time to analyze characters, I'm excited!

Echo: He seems to see the world in a very black-and-white way, and is mainly focused on himself (doesn't pay attention to the Sentrets when they tell him to stay with his family, doesn't look back). Don't know much about his backstory, but from what little I know I'll assume he was bred to be a battle pokemon (perhaps for a gym leader? It doesn't seem like he was bred for a starting trainer, since he's so seriously focused on battles and trainer journeys are more about the adventure, though I could be wrong). Him jumping in to protect Cass (against a second-stage evo with a type advantage no less) really shows how far he's willing to go to achieve his journey, to a point where he gets plain stupid about it. Why is he so fixated on Cass? I get the feeling it could have been anyone that he figured would owe him enough to do what he wants, which is again both selfish and stupid but in a very interesting way. Echo's still a (very) likable character, and that's mainly because he's focused on his goal to the point where he'll do basically anything to achieve it-full tunnel vision, and I assume from the hints about his backstory that there's someone/something he needs to make proud to feel fulfilled-he does still seem younger, maybe 14-15ish?. It's endearing and gives so much room for character growth, to the point where I'm very excited to see how he changes throughout. The bit where he still identifies himself as belonging to the program that dumped him is interesting too-like I said, he's quite attached to his program and holds it in high regard, which is a really fascinating direction to take his character. Perhaps his goal is to eventually reintegrate himself into the program? Less "proving they're wrong" and more "proving he's good enough to be back." Echo wanting to make Cass proud is likely an extension of that. Assuming he's been taught Trainer=wants strong pokemon/to win fights, he's applying that to Cass even if that's not what Cass wants at all. He needs someone to validate him to feel good-I hope Cass can help him be happier! They already have a strong, interesting dynamic, and I like how Cass treats Echo almost as a younger brother.

Penny/Lyra: Geez these two have a cute dynamic. Interesting to note that Penny injuring Cass got Lyra in trouble. I'd think a world where pokemon fighting is a cornerstone of the society would be more lenient with allowing law brutality-though it's nice to see it's not! Won't say too much about them since I know too little for now, but I love them and their interactions with each other (blushy Wartortle is fantastic) and I'm excited to see them pop up again. I feel like the Boss has something to do with Rocket.... ooh. Too early to know, but I want to find out what Lyra/Penny's organization is all about!

Cass: When your protagonist runs in spouting blood and being chased by The Law, you know it's going to get spicy. I like Cass's design, it's cute and fits well with his overall character, and I like the change to our MC being the thief and the rival being the pursuer. He's very easily manipulated by Echo, although who could say no to that cute face? He's going along with Echo's plans fast, and I'm thinking he's got a plan for his egg-napping that revolves around the Gyms in some way (either that or he's charmed by Echo and wants to help him the best he can, especially seeing as he dislikes the breeding programs. I wonder if this will end up with Echo and Cass clashing at some point?) He seems very non-confrontational, preferring to dodge instead of stand and fight (see: lotus committing Woopercide, everything with Lyra/Penny) and he goes along with Echo instead of mentioning that it might not be the best idea to throw himself into a Gym-nor does he push the matter when Echo talks fondly about the breeding program, considering his dislike of them. Already mentioned some more about Cass in Echo's bit, but like I said I like how Cass and Echo have almost an older/younger brother relationship being built on. Cass is supportive, and it's quite cute! I do wonder why he keeps Lotus around-more on that in Lotus's bit. I feel like Cass's quieter, less argumentative character could have easily slipped into the trap of being a bad main character who just lets things happen to him and is boring as a result, but he's not! He's a good main character who makes active choices, is softer-spoken but can stand up for himself when necessary (see: Lotus) and has a lot of intrigue built around him, especially with the egg and his law avoiding intro. It's still early, but I want to know more about Cass and who he is-and that's not something I feel about a lot of main characters in pokemon comics. This isn't a pokemon story, it's Cass's and Echo's story, and that's what makes all the difference character-wise. Basically, Cass is a good main character. It's a bit early to go full in-depth, but rest assured I will eventually.

Lotus: Already mentioned I love her, but here I'll go further into why! Firstly she is snek, and I have a soft spot for sneks. Character-wise, she's a great foil to both Cass and Echo. She's confident in a way Echo isn't, and argumentative in a way Cass isn't. She's also much less.... moral-driven, I suppose, than either Cass or Echo seem to be-she does what she wants when she wants, everything else be damned! She questions Cass when Echo can't (he's pretty friggin suspicious, Echo) and her presence is going to drive a lot of catalyst within these character interactions. I do wonder why Cass keeps her around when he doesn't seem to like her much-could be that he sees her value as a catalyst too, and/or he could use all the friends/allies he can get. Since she's the newest team member I've got a little less to say, but I love her and she fits so naturally into the Cass/Echo dynamic. Like paprika on a plain omelette.

General world building things: Breeding system?! Yikes, especially with pokemon that can talk/are sentient on the same level as humans. It's especially interesting that Echo seems to hold it in such high regard (wanting to beat a gym since it's a high honor) seeing as they threw him out of it for (I assume) not being competent enough. Doubles as a child brain-washing machine, I'd imagine. Love the whole Apricorn ball thing, and Cass exclusively using them kind of echoes his character-he's on the outskirts of society, not quite accepted, much like the apricorns (although I could be reading way too much into this, especially with how little I know about Cass so far. It could just be pretty balls, which I do love. Always liked the Apricorn balls in-game and Cass using them instead of boring old regular balls makes me happy). I like world building that keeps more to the original story of the game (not fully out-of-the-box crazy world building) but where it takes the building blocks the game gives and goes off it. I want more.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Honestly? Pointing out that humans are lucky that these powerful, magical beings like them is something that really bears repeating. What are conventional weapons to meteor dropping dragons, bipedal mega-gators and plant life that can cut steel with foliage? Really is a good, more mature take on the in-universe side of things.

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
.... You know, "they could choose to kill us all if they wanted, so we should consider their feelings" wasn't where I thought this monk was going, but it is a solid as hell point to make.
Indeed it is. Cause pokemon are dangerous and IMO they are people themselves. They are super-powered people that could without much effort at all kill someone for hurting or abusing them. On top of that, even if they are really human in some aspects such as intelligence and such, they are also not human. They have different morals and biology than humans and as such their thoughts, while similar, wont always align to that of humans. Example, Lotus (And many non-domesticated pokemon) have absolutely no qualms about eating Rattata, which are just as sentient as herself. Humans, generally, frown upon that kind of thing.

Aww, I love Bellsprout drinking tea.
Thank youuuu! I thought it was such a cute idea when i first thought of it, I had to uwu

Aw, I really like this dude, he's so chill and just seems to get it when it comes to things, now there's the matter of how Cas might internalize this statement....
God yeah. Really wish I had such a chill man giving me good life lessons like Elder Li growing up.

Dude strikes me as the kind of guy that, if this was irl, he would be sharing his non-dairy milk cereal with a bird that will absolutely outlive him
sjkghsdkjghskdg Thats 100% him.

Ah man, I can see why this page hit you so hard. The monk's message is simple, yet powerful, and really captures the bond between humans and Pokemon. I have a feeling this speech will have a huge impact on Cass. Bellsprout drinking tea is also adorable!
Thank you aaaa! And only time will tell!

Man, that cuts pretty deep. Can't help but wonder why pokemon would choose to respect humans and become their loyal companions. I hope Cass takes some time to consider this all and choose to do the right thing!
There are various reasons, but since it's not ever mentioned in the comic or at least i dont plan ito, there's more than one reason, but in the past they say themselves as better than humans and it originally started with them joining nad working with humans to make sure humans didnt absolutely demolish the world Like we are doing today. So they saw it as a means to baby sit the humans. Also kinda like how cats domesticated themselves. They get something out of being around humans that they dont get outside of that relationship. So its mutually benefitial to work along side humans while also keeping them in check. Though as all things do, reasons and situations change over time.

Slapping you in the face with how much I love these characters helps motivate you to do the comic? I haven't even scratched the surface of nice things to say.

I help people write for a living, but with the current apocalypse I haven't gotten to work much. So I'll channel it all here! Time to analyze characters, I'm excited!

Echo: He seems to see the world in a very black-and-white way, and is mainly focused on himself (doesn't pay attention to the Sentrets when they tell him to stay with his family, doesn't look back). Don't know much about his backstory, but from what little I know I'll assume he was bred to be a battle pokemon (perhaps for a gym leader? It doesn't seem like he was bred for a starting trainer, since he's so seriously focused on battles and trainer journeys are more about the adventure, though I could be wrong). Him jumping in to protect Cass (against a second-stage evo with a type advantage no less) really shows how far he's willing to go to achieve his journey, to a point where he gets plain stupid about it. Why is he so fixated on Cass? I get the feeling it could have been anyone that he figured would owe him enough to do what he wants, which is again both selfish and stupid but in a very interesting way. Echo's still a (very) likable character, and that's mainly because he's focused on his goal to the point where he'll do basically anything to achieve it-full tunnel vision, and I assume from the hints about his backstory that there's someone/something he needs to make proud to feel fulfilled-he does still seem younger, maybe 14-15ish?. It's endearing and gives so much room for character growth, to the point where I'm very excited to see how he changes throughout. The bit where he still identifies himself as belonging to the program that dumped him is interesting too-like I said, he's quite attached to his program and holds it in high regard, which is a really fascinating direction to take his character. Perhaps his goal is to eventually reintegrate himself into the program? Less "proving they're wrong" and more "proving he's good enough to be back." Echo wanting to make Cass proud is likely an extension of that. Assuming he's been taught Trainer=wants strong pokemon/to win fights, he's applying that to Cass even if that's not what Cass wants at all. He needs someone to validate him to feel good-I hope Cass can help him be happier! They already have a strong, interesting dynamic, and I like how Cass treats Echo almost as a younger brother.

Penny/Lyra: Geez these two have a cute dynamic. Interesting to note that Penny injuring Cass got Lyra in trouble. I'd think a world where pokemon fighting is a cornerstone of the society would be more lenient with allowing law brutality-though it's nice to see it's not! Won't say too much about them since I know too little for now, but I love them and their interactions with each other (blushy Wartortle is fantastic) and I'm excited to see them pop up again. I feel like the Boss has something to do with Rocket.... ooh. Too early to know, but I want to find out what Lyra/Penny's organization is all about!

Cass: When your protagonist runs in spouting blood and being chased by The Law, you know it's going to get spicy. I like Cass's design, it's cute and fits well with his overall character, and I like the change to our MC being the thief and the rival being the pursuer. He's very easily manipulated by Echo, although who could say no to that cute face? He's going along with Echo's plans fast, and I'm thinking he's got a plan for his egg-napping that revolves around the Gyms in some way (either that or he's charmed by Echo and wants to help him the best he can, especially seeing as he dislikes the breeding programs. I wonder if this will end up with Echo and Cass clashing at some point?) He seems very non-confrontational, preferring to dodge instead of stand and fight (see: lotus committing Woopercide, everything with Lyra/Penny) and he goes along with Echo instead of mentioning that it might not be the best idea to throw himself into a Gym-nor does he push the matter when Echo talks fondly about the breeding program, considering his dislike of them. Already mentioned some more about Cass in Echo's bit, but like I said I like how Cass and Echo have almost an older/younger brother relationship being built on. Cass is supportive, and it's quite cute! I do wonder why he keeps Lotus around-more on that in Lotus's bit. I feel like Cass's quieter, less argumentative character could have easily slipped into the trap of being a bad main character who just lets things happen to him and is boring as a result, but he's not! He's a good main character who makes active choices, is softer-spoken but can stand up for himself when necessary (see: Lotus) and has a lot of intrigue built around him, especially with the egg and his law avoiding intro. It's still early, but I want to know more about Cass and who he is-and that's not something I feel about a lot of main characters in pokemon comics. This isn't a pokemon story, it's Cass's and Echo's story, and that's what makes all the difference character-wise. Basically, Cass is a good main character. It's a bit early to go full in-depth, but rest assured I will eventually.

Lotus: Already mentioned I love her, but here I'll go further into why! Firstly she is snek, and I have a soft spot for sneks. Character-wise, she's a great foil to both Cass and Echo. She's confident in a way Echo isn't, and argumentative in a way Cass isn't. She's also much less.... moral-driven, I suppose, than either Cass or Echo seem to be-she does what she wants when she wants, everything else be damned! She questions Cass when Echo can't (he's pretty friggin suspicious, Echo) and her presence is going to drive a lot of catalyst within these character interactions. I do wonder why Cass keeps her around when he doesn't seem to like her much-could be that he sees her value as a catalyst too, and/or he could use all the friends/allies he can get. Since she's the newest team member I've got a little less to say, but I love her and she fits so naturally into the Cass/Echo dynamic. Like paprika on a plain omelette.

General world building things: Breeding system?! Yikes, especially with pokemon that can talk/are sentient on the same level as humans. It's especially interesting that Echo seems to hold it in such high regard (wanting to beat a gym since it's a high honor) seeing as they threw him out of it for (I assume) not being competent enough. Doubles as a child brain-washing machine, I'd imagine. Love the whole Apricorn ball thing, and Cass exclusively using them kind of echoes his character-he's on the outskirts of society, not quite accepted, much like the apricorns (although I could be reading way too much into this, especially with how little I know about Cass so far. It could just be pretty balls, which I do love. Always liked the Apricorn balls in-game and Cass using them instead of boring old regular balls makes me happy). I like world building that keeps more to the original story of the game (not fully out-of-the-box crazy world building) but where it takes the building blocks the game gives and goes off it. I want more.
Already replied to this in DMs but this still makes me so teary eyed and I'm so excited to start chapter 5 aaaaaaa
Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to write these up. You and they are super appreciated ;u;

Honestly? Pointing out that humans are lucky that these powerful, magical beings like them is something that really bears repeating. What are conventional weapons to meteor dropping dragons, bipedal mega-gators and plant life that can cut steel with foliage? Really is a good, more mature take on the in-universe side of things.
It really does. I know a lot of people weaken pokemon a bit from dex entries, hell, even I do. But Pokemon are still dangerous, especially to humans who have little protection against the powers pokemon possess. Not even tech really could stop really powerful pokemon. Pokeballs are one of the biggest protections in some regards. Part of why people treating pokemon well is super important in this world, though it's definitely not perfect. Pokemon have rights in the world, but not quite to the extent humans do. Such as they cannot own property, but they can hold jobs and legally dont have to give their earnings to their trainers. Though only owned pokemon can hold jobs (as they still need an address to hold a job, unless it's self-employment). Thanks so much for the comment!

Sorry a little late today. Was out grocery shopping,
but now I'm back with the last page of Chapter 2!
I usually take a week break, but hell. I've a buffer that lasts til june 2021,
so no hiatus this chapter! Hope yall enjoyed it and are looking forward to chapter 3.

Some bonus info!
Forgot I was going to share some world building stuff and behind the scenes info regarding the monks, sprout tower, etc once this chapter wrapped up.
Putting under a spoiler just in case yall aren't interested!

So basically the idea that Sprout Tower was, if I recall correctly, made around a HUGE Bellsprout and the newly announced Dynamax pokemon, I come up with some things that would world with expanding that tidbit of information. In this world, the dynamax energy isn't only found in Galar, but other regions too. However there is no means outside of Galar to dynamax pokemon intentionally as in Galar. This is primarily due to the fact that either nations have far fewer spots and since it has only recently been rediscovered, every region but Galar are not economically or socially ready to handle increased architectural damages or the changes introducing controlled Dynamaxes would introduce into society. Additionally, many --though not all-- the nations of the world feel that introducing Dynamaxing would harm their cultural traditions. Kanto and Johto being foremost in this belief.
That being said, pokemon dynamaxing intentionally or unintentionally when by dynamax energy spots still occasionally happens, though this is exceedingly rare. In fact, there are only 2 spots in all of Johto that have been recorded historically to have had dynamaxing possible. One of these spots is none other than the site in which Sprout Tower stands. Historically it is recorded that long ago during the Kanto-Johto War that Violet city was used as a refuge for people who were harmed in the war. Orphans and families who lost their homes and loved ones to the war were sent here to leave far from the rest of the war. However some generals if Kanto were more brutal than the rest and went after these people to make a more total victory over Johto. Violent was home to many pokemon and one of the most peaceful pokemon in the area were bellsprout who cared deeply for the humans that came to live among them. So when the Kantoans came to kill the innocents who had cared for them and respected the bellsprout people and their culture, the leader of the bellsprout, Violet, could not sit idly by. The kantoans came marching in and the leader of the bellsprout used the energy of their sacred meadow that their culture revolved around and dynamaxed to protect the humans and pokemon alike who made the territory their home and fought the invaders out, saving countless lives. Still to this day that bellsprout stands tall, though long since dead in the centuries since it saved the people of the meadow. Since then, the humans and bellsprout worked together to keep harmony in the town that was named after their savior.
Today this city is a place of peace once more and even though it is technically part of the Johto region, it is not governed by those who govern the rest of Johto. Instead, the monks govern the lands with respect and an open mind. As such, all gym leaders of Violent must be raised among the monks and live a life that coincides with their open minded and lenient beliefs. As such, the monks live outside the law and in most cases, refuse to work with the rest of the Johto government when it comes to law enforcement. Only really stepping in in cases of murder or other crimes that involve the explicit harm of another person (including pokemon).

Another tidbit!
That rattata that Lotus ate was my catch, Riddle, who died 1 level after I got her skdfhjskdfhsf
RIP Riddle uwu

Last edited:

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
... Cass isn't the only one having lunch in that last panel huh?

Riboo

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
:l .... Shiiiiiii, who's feedin' this kid? >:V Fuckin'- headin' to the grocery store BRB

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Oh god lotus no! That could have been a team member!
What a sweet old man, though. Protecting, teaching, and now even feeding a criminal!
Looking forward to the next chapter!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Looks like that Rattata is down the hatch.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Guess that's a negative on the Rattata teammate. Cass, please remember to eat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)