• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Play by Post Hot Take

Thread Description
come give us your spiciest takes

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want themmm... especially for games that aren’t easy to get ahold of these days, except on emulator- Pokemon Colosseum and XD come to mind- I don’t have a console that can play them, let alone the games themselves.

What about movie remakes?

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Hm... Really depends on the movies.
Disney Live-Action Remakes are a terrible idea, but I wouldn’t mind a Harry Potter remake (well, I would prefer if they remake them into a TV Show, but if they do remake them it would most likely be movie remakes.)

How about book to movie adaptations?

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Hard pass, been burned on characters often being terribly miscast and a lot of things narrative-wise being cut to fit into a movie timeframe.

Unskippable cutscenes.

mewstein

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
They can be a blessing - a bit of background noise to keep you in The Zone while you make a fresh cup of coffee/grab another beer.

How about Christmas lights displayed outside of the Christmas period?

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Go ahead and leave them on! They bring in a great amount of color to the room!
These are getting really specific, so...police procedurals.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokemon more frequently participates in introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperment.
With the right writer, they can be more interesting than an intense courtroom drama.

How about Metroidvania games?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Never played that many, however honestly I only recommend really when you have a lot of spare time.

How about salad dressing?

rowantobias

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2020
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
they/ae
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon gushes about its girlfriend for hours on end.
The only salad dressing I've tried is blue cheese and I don't really care to try any others. Blue cheese is just too good.

Also, salad without dressing should be a crime.

Whatcha think about Bird Pokemon?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
They’re perfect and pure.

What about blue Shinies?

Aureum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
No matter who they are, I will always think of I’m Blue. Nothing against them, but it brings back memories yo.

How do you feel about video games soundtracks?

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
I LOVE them! They're probably my favorite type of music, since I usually don't spring for lyrical stuff. I can hate a game or have never played a game and still love its soundtrack. In fact, I think music is the second most important aspect of a game, second only to gameplay itself.

My favorite soundtrack to a game is probably... Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

Thoughts on cough syrup?

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
When I was a kid, there was a cough syrup in my country that tasted like a mix of maple syrup and a touch of vanilla. It was amazing and I wanted to be sick so I could drink it. And then I grew old and everything tastes awful and sad. I moved to a different kind of cough syrup, though, cognac (I swear I am not an alcoholic), and it does its job. Guess it makes cough syrups obsolete in my case.

What about movies that are so bad they are good? Like The Room or Birdemic?

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Sharknado is full on boring. I want to enjoy the stupidity, but I couldn't.

Youtube Gamers.

MarkedInStone

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
Can be entirely too problematic. There's a lot of toxic masculinity in these circles, and it makes a lot of gaming YouTubers think they can get away with anything. I'm not gonna name the major examples, but yeah. It's like Hollywood, but a lot of the time with even less women. Mostly because there's a certain socioculturally fortified hubris to masculinity, especially on the internet, which makes them think they can do anything.

Do I know what I'm talking about? Probably not. I'm just a guy who thinks they know what's going on, which may in fact be the problem here, and wait am I part of the problem...? Needless to say, my mind's pretty full up on anxiety.

Next take: 1980s teen movies.

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
they're forgettable. and i'm saying this because the only one i remember watching is ferris bueller's day off. i guess that's the exception.

now what is your hot take on takeout food?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It’s great and all but I don’t even want to think about pizza anymore, I’ve had far too much of it lately.

Let’s hear some thoughts about homemade food now

TheMgr

I am bad at this.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 11, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
Homemade burgers >>>>>>> any burger from any restaurant.

Next topic: Coffee

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
My Hot Take: I don't really like coffee. It's too acidic for my tastebuds and the after taste is horrid.

Next Topic: Florida

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Shit state with no redeeming qualities. I feel sorry for every sane person who lives there.

Pokemon Platinum

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Fantastic gameplay and Pokémon selection, wonderful to Nuzlocke. The only game I’ve ever nuzlocked past the champion- definitely worth it.

Gen two baby Pokémon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)