• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Play by Post Gym Improv

Thread Description
gymprov

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
(I'm loving this thread so much. You guys are so creative!)

Jamal, a 30 something years old man with a short black beard, dressed in traditional Bedouin robes. His gym is designed like a great desert in which one must find their way, seeking small oases to stop by and get away from the scorching heat in which you can't stay for too long. The trainers in his gym include fellow desert nomads, as well as archaeologists (many trainers have both Fire and Ground type pokemon).

Team:
Ninetales lvl 34: Drought. Roar, Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Solar Beam (Opens with this pokemon)
Monferno lvl 34: Blaze. Power-Up Punch. Flame Wheel. Thunder Punch. Sunny Day
Flechinder lvl 34: Flame Body. Roost. Aerial Ace. U-Turn. Sunny Day.
Camerupt lvl 35: Solid Rock. Earth Power. Curse. Eruption. Sunny Day

Jamal gives you the Desert badge, and the TM Sunny Day.

Next I'd love to see... Rock 8

surfe

I am SHOPKEEP. I desire ALL RUBLES.
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Omastar Lvl 46 - Stone Edge/Hydro Pump/Shell Smash/Ice Beam
Cradily Lvl 48 - Stone Edge/Giga Drain/Confuse Ray/Infestation
Armaldo Lvl 47 - Stone Edge/X-Scissor/Swords Dance/Rock Polish
Carracosta Lvl 47 - Stone Edge/Aqua Jet/Crunch/Shell Smash
[email protected] Lvl 50 - Stone Edge/Wing Attack/Crunch/Ice Fang

Rochelle is well respected professor of paleontology who has studied fossils for over 50 years. Jokingly (and affectionality) referred to as "Prof T-Rex" by her students, she remains spritely and ferocious despite her old age. She is also known for her research into the origin of Mega Stones. Supposedly, both Roxanne and Lenora studied under her at some point in time...

Her gym takes place in a gigantic crater formed by a meteorite. Her signature move is Stone Edge, and she gives out the Meteorite Badge.

Let's have... hmm. Fairy 1!

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Hmm...
Cutiefly Lvl 10 -Dazzling Gleam/Fairy Wind/Struggle Bug/Absorb
Cottonee Lvl 10- Growth/Dazzling Gleam/Absorb/Attract
Flabebe Lvl 12-Lucky Chant/Dazzling Gleam/Vine Whip/Calm Mind

Feyrun is a young adult male, albeit quite pretty for a guy. As a child, he was often builled for his feminine looks and love for fairy types. After growing up, he resolved to show the power of fairy types.

He has sleek, long eyelashes, a button nose, black hair in a ponytail with some pink streaks, and a relatively slender yet smooth body all nice and snug in an oversized sweater and some shorts. He acts childish, pouting and whining when he doesn’t get his way, but regardless approaches things with an incredible enthusiasm. When not in the gym, he’s often found around town, goofing off.

When you enter the gym, you’re blinded by the light before revealing a beautiful garden. After making your way through, you reach the center, where Feyrun is playing with his Flabebe. He quickly dusts himself off, eager to prove his fairies aren’t weak!

After defeating him, you’re given the HM Dazzling Gleam and the Sprite Badge.

Now that’s done, how about Dark 7?

PageEmperor

Did you bring a light? (No?)
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Oh boy this will be fun

Drapion, Careful nature, lvl 53
Ability: Shell armor
Holding Expert belt
Toxic spikes, Cross poison, Aerial ace, Fire fang

Malamar, Adamant nature, lvl 53
Ability: Contrary
Holding Scope lens
Psycho cut, Night slash, Superpower, Dark pulse

Tyranitar, Brave nature, lvl 55 (ace)
Holding Zoom lens
Stone edge, Rock tomb, Poison jab, Crunch

Cacturne, Calm nature, lvl 53
Holding Big root
Giga drain, Leech seed, T-wave, Double team

Houndoom, Modest nature, lvl 53
Ability: Early bird
Holding Air balloon
Fire blast, Hyper beam, Dark pulse, Roar

The TM given out for winning would be Dark pulse I guess, It’s the 7th gym and that seems to be the only logical TM choice.

Gym puzzle: Basically some sort of dimly lit well where you must use a flashlight and carry water to the correct holes, while avoiding trainers.

How about Steel 4?

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Fernanda, also known as the Iron Maiden, is the gym leader of the Dungeon Gym. She is a 20 something years old rather tall goth chick. She has short black and purple spiky hair buzzed in one side, wears a spiky suit of armor and underneath it a long black dress, and has massive spiky metal boots. She has a spike shaped scar on one of her purple eyes.

Her gym is designed to look like a dark dungeon with metal walls. It is basically a twist on the Rocket Arrow type puzzle combined with teleporters - When you step on certain tiles a giant iron boulder pushes you away in one direction and both moves you and stays next to you and can only be moved with Strength (which you got just before the gym, and can use thanks to gym 3). The teleporters are designed as iron maidens that lock you inside and carry you like an elevator to another location. The gym is also rather dark so you can't see the entire puzzle from each location. Her gym trainers all look goth and use Steel and Dark type pokemon such as Pawniard, Skarmory, Lairon, Bronzor Honedge and Houndoor.

Teams:
Opens with Mawile
Mawile lvl 32 (Female): Intimidate. Holding Quick Claw. Crunch. Play Rough. Iron Head. Attract.
Pawniard lvl 31 (Female): Inner Focus. Iron Plate. Torment. Knock Off. Fury Cutter. Metal Claw.
Bronzong, lvl 33: Heatproof. Holding Light Clay. Reflect. Light Screen. Future Sight. Earthquake.
Bronzong, lvl 33: Levitate. Holding Light Clay. Reflect. Light Screen. Gyro Ball. Shadow Ball.
You can never know to which Bronzong she switches first, putting you in a position where Ground and Fire moves aren't your immediate go to strategies. unlike against most Steel type pokemon

When you win she gives you the Gyro Ball TM (couldn't find anything that fitted better, Steel really lacks TMs. If it was possible though I'd go for Iron Defense) and the Dungeon badge which looks like a little Iron Maiden.

Next can I have a Dragon 8? Do you think you can top Clair, Drayden and Iris?

fractale

The Fan Favorute
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. His rage is dangerous to others around him
hell yeah i can; with gym 8; i have no limit exept OP level mons

Draco is a dragon master who lives in a (insert name here) city where that regions dragon masters are there. He wears classic Dragon master cape, and trains dragon type pokemons/pokemon that is in dragon egg group(charizard, aerodactly and gyarados, lances pokemons, are not in dragon egg group). He is prideful and stubborn, so you need to do an extra challange after beating him to gain the last gym badge. in his gym, after you enter and start the challange, you gain control of a dragon. after 5 gate, and 5 trainer you can figth or dodge, you can challange him. note that the placement of trainers are randomised every time you enter the gym so you need luck to battle no gym trainer. when you face against him, he boast himself and starts the Gym Battle.

his pokemon set is like this:
start pokemon: Turtonator-anti ice pokemon: lv 52/shell armor ability/shell trap/dragon pulse/flamethrower/iron defence
Dragalge-anti fairy pokemon: lv53/ability poison point/sludge bomb/dragon pulse/scald/double team
Exeggutor-alolan: lv 53/ ability frisk/dragon hammer/egg bomb/wood hammer/ hypnosis
Ace pokemon: Dragonite; lv 55/ability inner focus/ knows dragon claw/fire punch/thunder punch/roost

after victory, he sends you to deep into dragons cave to find the Dragons Gate(dragons den knockoff) and take a dragons den like quiz. after the quiz, Draco comes with a smug face, thinking (enter player name) failed the Dragons Exam. after hearing (enter gender) pass, he frustrate, then calms down and gives you the Noble badge because Dragons are Noble. and gives you the TM for Dragon claw.
edit reason: panic attack making me press into post button

the one who will post next: please give me a 6th gym who uses poison type

Last edited:

TheHumanCleric

Kanto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Bruce is a large man who acts as the manager of a bustling all-you-can eat restaurant in the middle of a shopping centre. The gym puzzle requires you to remember a customer’s order – if you get it wrong, they will battle you! The trainer’s use the Bellsprout line, the Grimer line, the Koffing line, the Trubbish line and the Skrelp line.
After taking the orders of the customers, it is time to battle Bruce!
He uses the following four Pokémon:
Qwilfish, level 37 – Sludge Bomb, Brine, Pin Missile, Spikes
Skuntank, level 37 – Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Night Slash, Toxic
Garbodor – level 38 – Sludge Bomb, Toxic, Clear Smog, Recycle (Holding a sitrus berry)
Swalot, level 40 – Sludge Bomb, Body Slam, Stockpile, Swallow
When defeated, Bruce awards the Gluttony badge and the TM for Sludge Bomb.

EDIT - Whoops, for the next person, can I see an electric 5 please?

Snow Peregrine 0

Sinnohoan Talonflame (Talonfrost? Talonfreeze?)
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 19, 2019
Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Pokédex Entry
An ice-type subspecies of Talonflame that is found in Sinnoh. It is socially awkward as all hell.
don't know if we're allowed to give the Pokemon TM exclusive moves, but screw it

Anthony is a giant cyberpunk nerd, and as such his gym has a cyberpunk theme. You have to walk through a maze of alleyways and find switches to open gates... yeah, I suck at puzzles.
Jolteon - Level 34 - Item: Magnet - Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Shadow Ball/Double Kick
Magneton - Level 36 - Item: Metal Coat- Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon/Light Screen/Reflect
Lanturn - Level 36 - Item: Damp Rock - Scald/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Rain Dance
Fan Rotom - Level 37 - Item: Oran Berry Air Slash/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
He gives you the Neon Badge and the TM for Thunderbolt upon defeat.

Next person... try a Normal 8!

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
A guy who didn't really want to use Normal types, but his family named him Reggie ("Regular") and by Gym Leader laws your name has to correspond with your type, so RIP. As a protest, he made his team as diverse, type-wise, as possible.

Girafarig, Lv. 54. Psychic, Foul Play, Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt.
Bewear, Lv. 53. Ice Punch, Superpower, Payback, Aerial Ace.
Pyroar, Lv. 53. Taunt, Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Solar Beam.
Drampa, Lv. 54. Extrasensory, Dragon Pulse, Snarl, Thunder.
Heliolisk. Lv. 54. Rain Dance, Thunder, Surf, Dark Pulse.
Mega Pidgeot, Lv. 55. Hurricane, Ominous Wind, Heat Wave, Mirror Move.

After the battle he gives you the Diversity Badge and TM35 Metronome.

Next up, Steel 7.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Ferris's Gym is set in a mine, where the player must ride minecarts around in search of three gold nuggets. When all three nuggets have been found, the way opens to Ferris himself.

Before battle: "So you made it. Hard work down here, yeah? Takes an iron will to keep it going in the mines. I'm Ferris, the boss man down here. My Steel-type mons are quite helpful when it comes to digging and to battling. Let's rumble!"

Mawile, Lvl 42 -- Iron Head, Play Rough, Stockpile, Swallow
Metang, Lvl 43 -- Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Agility, Magnet Rise
Escavalier, Lvl 43 -- Iron Defense, Smart Strike, Double Edge, Bug Buzz
Excadrill, Lvl 45 -- Earthquake, Smart Strike, Hone Claws, Rock Slide

Defeat: "Heh... stripped clean!"

After battle: "You've earned this, kid. It's the Gold Badge. Now that you've got seven of 'em, mons up to level 90 will obey you, even if they weren't originally yours. That ain't it, though. Take this as well." (Received TM67 Smart Strike!) "That TM contains Smart Strike. Not the most powerful move ever, but it never misses no matter what. I'm sure you can make use of it."

How 'bout Rock 6?

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
@Aureum can Feyrun and I be friends he sounds so wholesome

Valerian is a total hippie, incredibly in tune with nature. The name Valerian sounds very hard and metallic, but is actually the name of a flower used as a sleeping aid. Since it's a sleeping aid, he is first found sleeping in the middle of his Gym. His star Pokemon is Aggron. Marriland's Aggron in his X Wedlocke was also named Valerian. His entire outfit is very silvery. He has long, silver, shiny hair running down to his legs, and he wears a gray bathrobe. All of his Pokemon are in Luxury Balls.

Valerian's Gym is full of plant life, but also full of machines. It's part botanical garden, part hydroponics lab. There are intricate steelwork arches and art pieces incorporated with artificially grown arches made of trees, bronze statuettes of Pokemon, vines growing on metal stakes in the ground, etc. The Gym puzzle is based around Berries. Valerian will ask for a certain type of Berry, and the player will have to battle Trainers to see if the trees they're tending to have the correct berries. These will all be Berries that are too rare for the player to have by now. Other Berries will simply be hidden, and the player will have to use their watering can to grow out natural plant bridges to reach them, or ask Trainers to trim bushes to get through. (The Cut HM doesn't exist in this game) Then, Valerian will ask the player for an Oran Berry. There are no Oran Berries in the Gym; the player just has to give him one from their own Bag. There's also an Oran bush right outside the Gym.

Bronzong, Lvl 40, Levitate, Light Clay, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Rain Dance, Light Screen
Lucario, Lvl 40, Inner Focus, Mystic Water, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Calm Mind, Water Pulse
Ferrothorn, Lvl 40, Iron Barbs, Leftovers, Iron Head, Seed Bomb, Ingrain, Bulldoze
Aggron, Lvl 42, Sturdy, Durin Berry, Iron Head, Rock Slide, Natural Gift, Thunder

Every one of his Pokemon corresponds with his theme as well. His ace, Aggron, is famous for being protective of its environment, replanting trees after forest fires. Ferrothorn is a given, considering how his entire Gym is themed around the union of steelwork and nature. I also made sure not to give it Leech Seed. Bronzong summons rain and improves the quality of the harvest. Lucario is also a pretty obvious choice for a nature-lover.

When defeated, Valerian gives the player TM91 Flash Cannon, and the Spade Badge.

"... *yawn*... Oh, forgive me. You must be a challenger, yes? Are you ready to battle my team?"
-Yes
"Heh. I like your eagerness, but patience is important."
-No
"Heh. I suppose it is a little early for that."

"Most Gym Leaders would have you do something first, right?"
"Hm... bring me a Belue Berry. Do that, and I'll consider your challenge."

(The player talks to people in the garden and finds a Belue Berry in the hydroponics lab)
-After bringing the Belue Berry

"Oh! That's a Belue Berry, alright. Here you are, Aggron! Eat up!"
"Heh. Aggron always looks so cute when he eats his Berries. He loves them so much!"
"Personally, I can't do Belue Berries. Much too sour for me."
"Huh? A battle? Well, I hate to be rude, but..."
"Do you think you could bring me another Berry? A Pamtre Berry, to be specific?"
"Do that, and we'll battle."

(The player uses the watering can to grow a vine bridge, then defeats a Gardener with a Honedge, who uses Cut on the bushes to let the player through)
-After bringing the Pamtre Berry

"You brought the Pamtre Berry! Lovely. Here, Lucario! Enjoy!"
"Heh. Lucario always looks so contemplative when he eats his Berries. He savors every bite."
"Myself, I don't like Pamtre Berries. Far too dry for my tastes."
"I saw that you had to cut through that bush to reach this Berry."
"Don't feel bad about it. The bush was dead."
"It's important that we leave behind old things. When we let them sit around, they just begin to rot."
"Huh? A battle? I did promise you one, didn't I..."
"Tell you what. Bring me one more Berry, and then we'll battle. I'd like a Liechi Berry."

(The player battles through a gauntlet of Trainers competing for a Liechi Berry)
-After bringing the Liechi Berry

"A real Liechi Berry?! These are incredibly rare! How did you come by one so fast?"
"Heh. Of course, I know how you got this Berry. You fought my Trainers for it."
"Liechi Berries are great for competitive battling, you know. They raise a Pokemon's Attack when they're in danger."
"For that reason, they're incredibly precious and expensive Berries."
*Valerian takes a bite out of the Berry
"Mmm... Liechi. So spicy. So sweet."
"It's important to remember what really matters to you."
"I'd get more enjoyment from eating this Berry than I would from using it in battle, or trading it for a nice profit."
"Huh? This has nothing to do with battling?"
"... Maybe it does. I have one last test for you."
"Bring me an Oran Berry."

(The player talks to him again and is prompted "Give an Oran Berry to Valerian?")
-After giving the Oran Berry

"... It seems you do understand."
"You only found the Berries I asked for because others shared them with you."
"Our Gym would not have been so beautiful if man and nature had not shared it."
"And, of course, you could not have made it here without you and your Pokemon sharing your unique talents."
"So, in the spirit of sharing..."
*You received 3 Sitrus Berries!
"Do what you want with those. Use them in battle, or share them with your Pokemon. Personally, I enjoy them in a fruit salad."
"I will give you a moment to prepare yourself. When you and your Pokemon are ready, talk to me, and we will begin battling."

"Are you ready to battle?"
-Yes
"Good luck!"
-No
"Take your time."

-After the first non-KO hit
"Heh. You're both pretty good at this."

-Down to the last Pokemon
"Steel does not yield easily. I have complete faith in you, *Pokemon*!"

-After losing
"... Heh."
"You've won. Here's the Spade Badge."

"I'm impressed. You handled my team better than most challengers."
"Nature and man do not have to be in conflict. In fact, when we work together with nature, we both become much stronger."
"I hope our Gym and our battle helped show you that."
"Now, I'm very tired. I must get back to sleep..."
"... Oh, the TM? Right, here you are..."
*You received TM91 Flash Cannon!
"That's Flash Cannon... it's... *yawn* a very beautiful move..."
"*snore*"

Ah. I see that somebody beat me to the punch.
Rock 6 it is, then!

EDIT: Completely forgot the Badge!

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Marble's main passion is sculpting, and therefore her gym also acts as her studio. She is in her late 20s, has brown wavy hair down to her shoulders with colored stripes that look like veins that go through a rock, and has marble white skin. She is wearing a simple white work shirt and brown pants, has a belt filled with different sculpting tools as well as pokeballs, and is always carrying around a hammer in one hand a chisel on the other.

Her gym, also being her studio, is a wide gallery that exhibits her different sculptures. Her sculptures are of pokemon and trainers, and whenever you go pass one of her sculptures, some of them are actually living trainers who challenge you to a fight (and a statue of a Pikachu turns out to be a trainer dressed as a Pikachu). Other than that there isn't really a puzzle to her gym, just sort of a basic maze, but whenever you click on a sculpture of one of the pokemon or trainers you are given a description of this statue and the artistic idea behind it, along with a little clue on the pokemon on Marble's team with the text finishing in "this is one of Marble's favorite sculptures". The pokemon trainers in her gym have many different pokemon including Solrock, Lunatone, Boldore, Nosepass, Claydol, Golett and Avalugg (and a Pikachu for that one Pikachu trainer).

Marble's Team:
Carbink, lvl 40, Sturdy, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock, Reflect, Dazzling Gleam, holding Pixie Plate
Solrock, lvl 39, Levitate, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Stone Edge Holding Meadow Plate
Probopass (Female), lvl 39, Sturdy, Discharge, Power Gem, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Holding Zap Plate
Gigalith (Female), lvl 41, Study, Rock Polish, Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Holding Stone Plate
(And if I were to make my own regional pokemon for this trainer it would be a marble sculpture based pokemon with the Rock Polish move and a new ability called "Perfect Form" that says that whenever it's speed is increased, it also has its Attack increased by 1, as well as other Physical moves such as Stone Edge).

When you defeat her she gives you the Rock Polish TM and the Sculpture badge which is made of marble and looks like a pokeball standing on a pedestal.

Next I want to see Ground 3

Last edited:

mewstein

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Machiavelli can always be trusted to dig up the dirt on any opponent. But only a fool would trust this skilled political player, who commands Galvantula-sized web of informants. Machiavelli is more slippery than the oil he has considerable shares in, and probably just as bad for the environment.

Despite his tendency to dig he is always immaculately turned out in a toned-down suit and fine shoes. His faithful Silicobra's Sandspit ability ensures there is always a handy cloud of dust for Machiavelli to disappear into.

And having written all that I just realised he sounds a lot like Giovanni. Ah well, let's get on to the pets section:

Trapinch lv27
Rock Slide, Crunch, Mud-Slap, Sand Tomb

Silicobra lv29
Glare, Headbutt, Sand Tomb, Bulldoze

Excadrill (of course!) lv31
Hone Claws, Fissure, Earthquake, Iron Head

Machiavelli’s parting gifts are the Rig Badge, a TM for Sand Tomb and a chilling allusion to sleeping and Remoraids.

Let's try Psychic 7 - go nuts!

Last edited:

PageEmperor

Did you bring a light? (No?)
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
7th leader again? Alright, let’s-a do this!

Xatu, Lvl 53
Psychic, Air slash, Shadow ball, Dazzling gleam
Holding Assualt vest

Claydol, lvl 53
Cosmic power, Calm mind, Psychic, Earth power
Holding Leftovers

Gallade, lvl 53
Hypnosis, Revenge, Psycho cut, Rock slide
Holding Muscle band

Butterfree, lvl 53
Sleep powder, Bug buzz, Deeam eater, Supersonic
Holding Leftovers

Gardevoir, lvl 55(ace)
Moonblast, Extrasensory, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis
Holding Expert belt

Gym puzzle is a giant art museum. You try an recognise certain paintings, unmask trainers behind the paintings to battle them, and soon the maze leads you to a clothing room with the leader.

TM given out will probably be Calm mind or summin

Next up, Ice 6!

Shenili

𓁹𓂋𓁹
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 12, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Don't forget to pack your warm clothes for this gym! Icy mirrors on the ceiling make the Gym look like it's filled with auroras, press on switches to point the light beam on the icy doors and melt them. Behind them a duo of famous travelers, Delsur and Nordlis await you!

Nordlis' team:
Pokémon:AbilityMoves
Beartic (ace)Snow CloakIcicle Crash, Superpower, Bulk Up, Dig
Alolan NinetalesSnow WarningAurora Veil, Confuse Ray, Dazzling Gleam, Ice Shard

Delsur's team:
Pokémon:AbilityMoves
Dewgong (ace)Ice BodyHail, Blizzard, Drill Run, Waterfall
DelibirdHustleFreeze Dry, Fly,

TM??: Blizzard

Next one: Fairy 8!

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Solidaster is known for many things: his extravagant lifestyle, his impressive pokemon battle skills, but most of all for his giant perfume producing company known throughout the pokemon world. Born in Galar, raised in Kalos, Solidaster spent most of his life traveling around the world looking for unique flora and pokemon that will help him produce the perfect scent for his perfumes, until he finally settled in "insert pokemon region". He is a man in his 50s, has purple colored eyes, a small stylish mustache, white flowing hair down to his shoulders with just a tiny bit of pink in it. He wears his famous extremely high top hat, which is light grey in color yet has many psychedelic drawings on it, and releases white smoke from its top much like the ones Galarian Weezing has. He wears a completely purple suit with a white shirt and green tie.

His gym is found inside one of the segments of his massive perfume factory, and has a "Willy Wonka" vibe to it. Lots of factory lines, and in between them grow tall and massive mushrooms and flowers, which the player has to jump from one another in order to reach Solidaster himself. These flowers and mushroom release visible scent fumes once in a while and therefore you can't stay for too long on these living flora platforms or else your character will be mesmerized by the scent and fall back down to the factory floor. The trainers in this gym or mostly factory workers, dressed a bit like Santa's elves/oompa loompas, which have pokemon such as: Shiinotic, Comfey, Floette, Clefable, Amoonguss, Roserade, Ribombee, Aromatisse, Vileplume, and Mawile.

Solidaster's Team:

Galarian Weeezing (Female), lvl 55, Neutralizing Gas, Smoke Screen, Heat Wave, Strange Steam, Sludge Bomb.
Aromatisse (Male), lvl 54 Aroma Veil, Moon Blast, Psychic, Attract, Reflect
Slurpuff (Male), lvl 54, Sweet Veil, Cotton Guard, Cotton Spore, Drain Punch, Play Rough.
Gardevoir (Male), lvl 55, Trace, Psychic, Moon Blast, Hypnosis, Magical Leaf
Florgres (Female), lvl 58, Flower Veil, Armoatherapy, Moonblast, Petal Dance, Calm Mind.

When you defeat him he gives you the Misty Terrain TM and the Aroma badge which looks like a tiny colorful glass bottle of perfume with shiny purple liquid in it.

Next how about Psychic 2?

Vaporwave-Man

IT"S YA BOY, GUZMA
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 15, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Make Sure to Wash Your Hands, Folks.
Psychic huh. I'll see what I can do here.
Telesta is a shy girl that original wanted to become a Nurse Joy. Unfortunately, her father forced her to become a battler because the thought of her daughter working at a non-paying job just seemed preposterous. Her gym puzzle involves trying to get through a maze with a pink haze. When battling, the pink haze turns out to be Psychic terrain.

Meditite @ Oran Berry
Ability: Pure Power
Level: 20
Serious Nature
- Force Palm
- Psycho Cut
- Guard Swap
- Meditate

Kadabra
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 20
- Night Shade
- Confusion
- Psychic Terrain
- Shock Wave

Sigilyph @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 22
- Psybeam
- Air Cutter
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
After winning the battle, she gives you the Celestial Badge(which looks like a Cresselia sleeping under the moon) and gives you the Psychic Terrain TM.
Next one up is Fairy 1.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Fairy 1 again, well I have two options. Wait until somebody gives another gym prompt, or make another Fairy 1 Gym...

I think you could figure out what I did.
Pixel is by all definitions, an absolute rebel. She is often found riding motorcycles, getting into (Pokémon) fights, all the stereotypical 80’s rebel tropes. However, despite all of that she has one weakness: Cute things.
Plushes, baby pokemon, etc, all of which often grabs her attention, but especially the fairy type.

Pixel is in her 20s, and sports a pixie cut, a custom made black leather jacket, and some ripped jeans. However under the jacket, she wears a pink tank-top with a Milcery on the back. Her eyes are a piercing blue, and her hair is dyed brown, and you could tell she definitely cut it herself.

Inheriting the gym from her
mother, it now resides in the abandoned dine-in theater, where she and her gang can often be found in their spare time. The place has been refunished both inside and outside, and she can be found in the former Manager’s Office. After you finish battling some of her lackeys, you reach the office, to find it decorated in a combination of references to movies such as The Outsiders and Rebel Without A Cause and plushes and models of Pokémon found within insert region here.

Slightly embarrassed about it, she tries to keep up her tough persona, but it’s no use. She sighs, and admits the truth. However, she’s still the roughest and toughest in town, and shall battle you for the badge!

Ralts
Level 12
Ability: Synchronize
Moveset: Draining Kiss/Disarming Voice/Confusion
Milcery
Level 15
Ability: Aroma Veil
Moveset: Draining Kiss/Sweet Kiss/Charm/Tackle

After you beat her, she sends you off with the Mischief Badge (which resembles a pixie) and the TM for Draining Kiss.

EDIT: Imma idiot sometimes, how about Fire 5?

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Having just discovered this thread, I have but one question... why isn’t it called Gymprov???

Dylan comes from a long line of gym leaders and inherited the position when he was in his late teens. He’s fiery and rambunctious, and also tends to be a bit spiteful. Naturally, this led to him changing the gym’s typing from water- as it had been for generations- to fire, because he really, really wanted to use a Blaziken he had befriended
Ninetales, level 32
Ability: Drought
Move set: Will o Wisp/Hex/Flame Burst/Extrasensory
Salazzle, level 34
Ability: Corrosion
Move set: Poison Fang, Incinerate, Nasty Plot, Acrobati
Blaziken, level 36
Ability: Blaze
Move set: Brick Break, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Rock Slide

Upon defeat, Dylan hands out the Wildfire Badge (Which, fun fact, is just a raincloud painted red because he couldn’t be bothered to purchase new badges) and the Flamethrower TM

Next up, how about a Poison 8?

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
Hey, Challenger! It's Emile!
Emile loves the Poison type, but feels it is oft neglected as one of the weaker types. Years of experience in battling have led to him becoming one of the strongest Gym Leaders around. He is especially fond of newer Trainers, going out of his way to give them advice on their journeys, encouraging them to use their favorite Pokemon.
Unlike other Poison type Gym Leaders, Emile tries to maintain a professional appearance. He's very well dressed, his Gym Puzzle is a relatively simple gauntlet of Trainers, and he generally wants to break the stereotypes some people have about Poison types.

Tentacruel - Level 45
Scald, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, Barrier

Crobat - Level 45
Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Heat Wave, Roost

Venusaur - Level 45
Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

Garbodor - Level 45, Black Sludge
Venoshock, Psychic, Toxic, Stockpile

Weezing - Level 47, Normal Gem
Sludge Bomb, Explosion, Destiny Bond, Fire Blast

Upon his defeat, Emile gives out the Venom Badge and a TM for Sludge Bomb.

Let's do Dragon 6!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)