• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
Poppy is a Flabebe in seek of evolution, ascension, to become one with her lifelong companion: a yellow flower. Captured, far from home, and among strange 'mon, she will make the journey her own. Friendship and love and that incessant bee's buzzing all be damned.

- May only catch the first Water or Fairy type encountered in an area. Different sections of a route count as separate areas.
- Dupes Clause: may not catch two or more of the same species.
- Area Clause: If an area does not contain a Water or Fairy type, earn one token. This may be used to catch an extra Pokemon from another area. Can only use two tokens per area.
- If a Pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be permanently placed in the PC.
- Nickname all Pokemon.

Gracidea on AO3

Accolades

2018 Nuzlocke Extravaganza

Best Writing Style

Best Introduction to a Written Run

Last edited:

SayleeK

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Since we've moved, I'm just gonna leave a fresh comment saying again how much I thoroughly enjoyed this run. The first-person style made it intensely emotional, the characters were all SO vibrant even filtered through Poppy's cynicism, and the ending was heartbreaking enough to make me cry. Hella good job 💐

Rhema

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
All I can say is wow. I’m about halfway through so I can’t speak to the entirety of the work, but what I’ve read so far is simply magical. I never thought I’d like a literal Pokémon protagonist, but here I am. Poppy is three dimensional and whimsical and *alive*, most of all. Her narration jumps off the page and grips me. What a beautifully written story. I can’t wait to read the second half!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)