• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Golden Sun

P

pkmnMasterWheeler

Hey guys guess what I'm doing?~ Starting ANOTHER Nuzlocke!~ So back when I played Sun for the first time I decided to blindlocke it, and figured hey, this is the last chance I'll have to do a comic on a blindlocke for 3-4 years, so I did! And as for why Ash is the protag? Well I thought it'd be cool if I had a sort of "Ash's Pikachu" rule, where I had to force one of my encounters to be a Pichu or Pikachu, couldn't evolve it to Raichu, and if it died I lost, and after a while I was liek, hey! It'd be pretty fun to have him as the main character! <br/>
And for anyone worried that this Nuzlocke will replace the other ones, kinda like how my Yellow Nuzlocke has taken over while my Emerald one rarely updates, don't worry, the only reason my Yellow Nuzlocke is so frequent compared to my Emerald is it takes WAY less time and effort to make. I'll try to update all 3 relatively frequently? hopefully? 
Also I will admit, this started as just the basic 2 rules, and I just added stuff as I went along.

Can also be found on:

DeviantArt
Smack Jeeves
Updates every other Sunday​
Rules
1. If a Pokemon faints it dies
2. Only can catch the first Pokemon on each route
3. Ash's Pikachu clause
-Must Catch a Pichu/Pikachu
-Pikachu can’t evolve to Raichu
-If Pikachu dies I lose
-Pikachu gets 3 KOs before it dies
4. Allowed to skip the first encounter in favor of the first Alolan encounter (Either form or Pokemon)
5. No dupes (May keep looking)
6. Max revives can be used to revive dead Pokemon (I didn't know how many free Max revives this game gave you, but considering how much harder than recent Pokemon games it's been, I don't regret it)
-You actually have to be able to USE it on it
Pages Extra Pages Newest Page
Extras

K

kopycat101

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Having a run where Ash is the main character is cute...And probably end up better than the actual Sun/Moon anime tbh
Your art style is hella cute, too!

On your ruleset, though, I think rule 6 (being able to use Max Revives) completely negates the concept of a Nuzlocke run. A revive brings a Pokemon back after it faints. The first rule of any nuzlocke is "If a Pokemon faints it dies".
I mean, the rule where you let your pikachu survive 3 KOs is already stretching it, but I've seen starter mercy clauses in nuzlockes. However...Revives of any sort being used should end up making this an Other Adventures comic, I think.

T

TheDisappearanceOfATS

Oh, that's a very nice art style... Not sure how I feel about Ash... But I'll see what you do with it

C

Cas

I love the cover for this page--it's very expressive and adorable. I especially love how you've drawn Pikachu in ever panel: you can really tell that he's moving! Using Ash as a protagonist is something else, too. Like ATS, I'm also unsure of my feelings towards it, but we can only see what you have in store for us.

Now, as for your rules: I agree with kopycat101. The use of Max/Revives on a Pokemon in a Nuzlocke completely goes against the rules of a Nuzlocke. "If it faints, it dies," says the rule. There is, like kopycat said, a "mercy clause" for starters, but that is only usually done once, and in an extreme condition. For Pikachu to be able to faint 3 times is really pushing it.

P

pkmnMasterWheeler

And the adventure continues!~ We learn that Ash and family are indeed in Alola, and that doors don't like Ash! In other news I don't know how to draw eyes OR Dalia at all!~ V:

kopycat101: Thanks!~ Altho despite the goofy style the SM anime is actually better than it looks. And yeh, I will admit the max revive rule is a bit much, the only reason I had it is this was gonna be a more casual run with no comic (Plus usually the game only gives you liek, 3 rather than the, I think 8 I got this time) Altho I cant say I agree with it COMPLETELY negating the "If a Pokemon faints it dies" rule (By that logic dupes clauses "completely go against the concept of a nuzlocke run" By "negating" the SECOND staple rule "Only catch the first Pokemon you see in an area") Also is that a "in your opinion" it should go in other adventures or by the rules of the site, cause personally I'd rather not move it V:
TheKingOfHeroesATS: Thanks!~ Only promise I can make is that unlike the writers for the show I actually remember everything that's happened to Ash V:
Cas: Thanks!~ Hopefully erryone here will find my Ash more apealing! And yeh, not really much to say on that that I didn't already say to kopycat, only did it cause wasn't originally planing a comic, didn't know there were so many, kinda regret keeping it (I know I said the opposite in the rules, but that was really just to be silly) Altho in defense of the 3 KOs on Pikachu, the starter clauses are usually for a starter that can fully evolve, I'm stuck with an unevolved Pokemon whose HP and defenses are an average of 40, and if it dies I lose. (which would be a pretty good defense if it weren't for the max revives rule, but as it is, can totally see if you're not buyin it V: )

C

Cas

The only way to get better at something is to keep doing it! I think you're off to a good start with drawing eyes and Dahlia, so don't worry too much! That'll just make you feel more self-conscious. It'll be okay. I just love how Kukui is just as energetic as always.

P

pkmnMasterWheeler

*insert poor excuse so I don't have to draw a bunch of Ash's old Pokemon early on* Altho I will say this, just because Ash's older Pokemon can't MOVE here yet doesn't mean I wont be including any of them, so look forward to that!~ Also I should prolly at least atempt to draw Kukui's abs, won't get better if I don't try. (Plus he looks wierd with the plain flat chest V: )

Cas: I know~ But when working to improve on stuff sometimes you can't help but wish you were already improved!~ And of course! Kukui's energy gives me life, it would be wrong to lessen it any!

C

Cas

What a great improvement on dynamic body posture! You did a great job with Kukui here, you can really feel his energy! Plus I can tell that you had a great time drawing him. Ash, too! I think you're definitely improving when it comes to this kind of stuff. If Ash brought his other Pokemon to Alola, I'm pretty sure he'd get fined, or something. Kukui, don't encourage him.

P

pkmnMasterWheeler

Alright, Ash finaly get's his normal clothes, we finally leave the house, and I finally remember Ash's mom has a Mr. Mime! We're on a roll today!~

Cas: Thanks!~ And I'm sure Ash will find a way to get fined even just with his Alola Pokemon~

Dustox

Professional Schemer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
"No matter how hard you look, you won't see what I'm scheming."
Yeah, sorry. Using any Revive, max or otherwise, automatically defaults this into the Other Adventures forum. Please consult this topic for an explanation of our definitions. I'll be moving this there now.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
A nice call back to the anime with the pajama bit! It's always interesting to see protagonist's that are already existing characters, but I can't recall a story that pulled so much from the anime! It's pretty cool.

C

Cas

This page is a lot of fun because of how overjoyed Ash is to begin a new journey. I especially love how Kukui is just as eager--he's definitely an encouraging big brother figure, and I really love that. You've even captured his silly Pokemon move names with that Blast Burn bit, and I think that was a cute touch. I think you're going to make this one a treat to read!

P

pkmnMasterWheeler

All I gotta say is curse this game's long intro for makin me feel like we're not gettin anywhere (We aren't even half way to getting a starter yet V: ) But ANYWAYS, who is that mysterious girl that y'all TOTALLY don't already know, let's go find out! V:

Shiny Dustox: Okie doke, if those are the rules.
Bug: Thanks!~ (If you think it's takin a lot from the anime now then just wait til later~)
Cas: Thanks!~ Glad you're enjoying it so far! I hope to build it from here, both with Ash and Kukui's relationship (And other characters) as well as the silly little details~

C

Cas

omg I just love how Ash just always runs off to find trouble. Kukui told him to stay, but you just can't stop that boy! and I mean, he was only trying to help! I think you're doing a good job of making Ash be a kid. I'm really enjoying myself.

csidvuL

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
This is really cute! I loved Ash's pyjama shirt design, and the in-universe explanation for him dumping his team was something I really appreciated! This is super bright and upbeat and generally just a big ball of fun. I'm glad I took a moment to catch up on it, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more!

P

pkmnMasterWheeler

Sorry about there being less on this page, I wanted to experiment more with panel size and lay out, as most of my comics tend to just be divided into eighths with slightly varying sizes. On the bright side, guess whose poppin in next page!~

Cas: Thanks!~ Good to know I'm writing him well so far!~
Flopdisc: Thank you!~ I must admit it actually comes from the Sun and Moon anime and I just stole it from there. And good to know my explination for his old Pokemon not showin up is good, was worried people weren't gonna like it. Glad you enjoyed it so far, and hope you continue to enjoy it!~

C

Cas

Aww, look at how cute and determined Lillie is! She's such a fighter in her own right. I'm in suspense. I wonder what could possibly happen next.

S

Snazz

Wow, finally an Ash Ketchum that has personality and is actually likeable.
Love it so far.
Following ~

P

pkmnMasterWheeler

Whose that Pokemon?! It's a Nebby! and a Shiron! Looks like interesting stuff is finally happening!~ Also Ash is still nowhere to be found. Which lemmie tell ya, after 2 other comics adding up to 70 pages, not including remakes and extras, where the main character ALWAYS appears on it, it's kinda weird to have the protagonist not appear for not only 1 but 2 pages. V:

Cas: Lillie is the most adorably determined there is~ And who knows what's gonna happen next~ Certainly not a certain protagonist running in, getting the bridge blown up, and falling from a deadly high height yet again V:
Snazzychu: Thanks!~ Glad you like my interpritation of Ash!~

C

Cas

omg I'm glad to see Lillie with an Alolan Vulpix. The anime really chose well for her there, didn't they? So its name is Shiron? That's cute. And you know what else is cute? Nebby, gleefully going places we all know it shouldn't be. Just look at how happy it is, going across that bridge! And, goodness, who could have thought that it'd get attacked by all those Spearow? save us obi wan kenobi, you're our only hope... I mean. Ash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)