• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Unova Written Log Mature Commentary Garnet Does Something Stupid - A Blind White 2 Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Content Warning: Sporadic updates, cursing, snarky jokes/comments about me being trans that may hit a little close to home, general idiocy.

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.

Okay. So. You know that banner in my sig? The one with the "Coming soon(?)" text underneath it?

...Well, this ain't it. It's probably coming not so soon. Pretty heavy emphasis on that question mark, really. The gameplay is done, but I cannot write or draw for the story in question for the life of me right now. I can write other stories and draw other characters just fine! It's just that when I try to work on that one in particular, my brain disconnects like the Nintendo Switch's internet during a Splatfest.

So, instead, I'm doing something different.

You see, in 2012, a pair of games came out in the Pokémon franchise. The first direct sequels to a main game in the series (Discounting the timeskip between RBY and GSC - Yeah, they're technically sequels, but the main story of the latter takes place in an entirely new region so I'm not counting them). And... the first main-series games that I never beat.

You gotta understand something about me. I've been playing Pokémon for years. Where do I even begin?
  • The first game I ever played that wasn't some old PC edutainment shovelware was Pokémon Sapphire, on an old Cobalt Blue GBA SP that I still use to this day - Hell, that's the one I played Doom Desire on! As you can imagine, that sort of shaped what kinds of games I enjoy today.
  • That Jirachi in my signature, the one I played that run with? Is an actual WISHMKR Jirachi from the Colosseum Bonus Disc, which I ordered special just for the sake of having that Jirachi. Yes, that means I went through the process of buying what is essentially $60 DLC and a trailer for a game I already owned, dragged out my old link cable to send that Jirachi to an actual physical cartridge, and played through the whole game with it disobeying me a good two thirds of the way. I have problems. I know. Listen, I wrote a note on my door reminding myself to watch the premier of Wishmaker on Cartoon Network when it first aired in the States. Don't talk to me.
  • I still cry over the ending of the Mystery Dungeon games. When I turned on the DX demo for the first time and heard the remastered songs from Red Rescue Team, I started bawling. That's not even one of the songs from the ending or anything. It just made me so nostalgic that I lost it.
  • I have copies of games in the series from friends who have passed away. Their Pokémon live on with me.
  • When I was little, I would pause the anime while watching it from the on-demand services our cable package had so I could redraw the frame, just for the sake of drawing more Pokémon, and drawing them better.
  • I still have my original Wii with Pokémon Rumble installed. I have a bunch of the password-unlockable Pokémon on it, ones I got not from compilations like are widely available now, but from actual official sites and emails and events. There were event Pokémon for Pokémon Rumble, which is honestly kind of wild when you consider this was a $15 WiiWare game.
  • My oldest surviving character? Is the Espeon in my avatar. She was inspired by Pokémon Colosseum, and was gonna be in what would have likely been the world's worst fanfic based on it.
  • I played Pokémon Channel. If you don't know what Pokémon Channel is, there's a good reason for that. And I nearly 100%ed it when I was a kid. Without a guide. I could sing the theme song of the anime special from it for you right now (I won't, but I could).
That's how deep this hyperfixation of mine runs. So for me to have never beaten BW2... it's kind of wack, to be honest. It's not like I never owned the game or anything; hell, I've pulled up my original save for it as I'm writing this, where my starter, a Pignite, is dated 8/2/14. I just... never finished it. I got to around the second gym and just... stopped. I tried beating it again in the future, even as a Nuzlocke, but was stopped when the game insisted I save during the Pokéstar Studios segment, and I hadn't deleted the original file so I couldn't keep going. And after that I just... never bothered.

But that changes now. I want to finally beat this game. And I want to finally post a Nuzlocke, one I'm going to complete. So I figured, "Hey, what if we did a run of White 2, since the cartridge is just sitting in its case gathering dust?" Two birds with one stone, right? A written log is the easiest medium to work with for me, and BW2 is not only a game I've never beaten, but one I've seen people usually cite as one of the hardest to Nuzlocke in the series. Adding having never played it before onto that... should make things interesting.

1. I may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in an area.
    1a. I don't know if Pinwheel Forest is accessible in the main game of BW2, to be honest, cuz I do remember hearing that a good chunk of the the region from the main game of the previous entry is inaccessible before postgame, but assuming it is, Pinwheel Forest clause will apply. If it's not, then, uh... I dunno where else it would apply so it don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not looking up encounter tables so if I miss something I miss something. That's blind runs, babes!
    1b. Shiny clause is on - I caught my first random shiny during a Nuzlocke of White that was mostly blind due to my shite memory. Maybe the luck will continue in this one!
    1c. Dupes clause is on.
    1d. Memory Link is on! I finally have two functioning DSes, and I'm gonna take full advantage of that. N's Pokémon may be caught freely.*
  2. If it faints, it's dead. Send that sucker to Weenie Hut J- I mean, permabox that sucker! No weaklings allowed.
  3. I cannot look up anything about this game. Wouldn't be much of a challenge if I did!
*However, I'm gonna limit myself to using only the first of N's Pokémon per area in battle, cuz I know they have good IVs and even if I'm probably screwed with playing this thing blind, I ain't that cheap. The others get to go live in Super Weenie Hut Jr's the box.

Part 1 - You are here
Part 2

The time has come. I press down the shoulder buttons on my 3DS, and then Start and Select. The game returns to the title screen, revealing an opening cinematic. White Kyurem in silhouette, the protagonists, the starters, Team Plasma, Hugh, Colress, and the region's legendaries all flash across the screen too quick for me to type out any meaningful commentary. On the title screen spins a model of the box legendary. I'm struck by the fact that I cannot remember the button combination to delete the save, and, as per my rules ("I cannot look up anything about this game", I foolishly wrote), I cannot look it up.

My first challenge has come. I guess at the prompt - Up, B, Select?

Oh. I did remember it after all. Never mind then.

I hit yes on the prompts. Rosa, Bacon, and the rest of my original team are torn apart in a violent, world-ending disaster. Arceus gazes upon Unova in despair and sadness, and, in its mourning, calls forth its underlings to create the land anew.

I rub my hands together. Well, that was fun. Time to fuck things up royally!

Wasn't Juniper's ~introduction to the Pokémon world~ Pokémon a Minccino in BW, rather than the Cinccino that it is here? That's a neat little bit of continuity if my memory isn't failing me. She informs us of the concept of Pokémon, which a franchise which is rapidly approaching 25 years old now. You cannot see it, but I try in vain to hold the space bar on my keyboard and toggle turbo. It does not work. Curse you, physical copies!

Juniper asks if I am a boy or a girl. I laugh in her face. (I choose Rosa, because seriously, what is up with the male character design in this one? Pineapple hair lookin ass. Not that she's much better, but at least she looks like she knows what a comb is.) The professor misgenders me, and demands my name. Much like a mortal tricked into slavery by the fae, I tell her my name is Garnet. She, at least, reacts more positively to my choice of name than my mother.

Juniper then asks me for the name of some kid I've never met. She seems to have already assumed his name is Hugh. I shrug and say "Sure, works for me." Hugh will probably be angry with everyone assuming his name is Hugh. Maybe it's actually something like X Æ A-12. (God, I still can't believe that. Rich/Famous people are wack. Like, if you didn't want to disclose the kid's actual name, you could have just lied and said it was John or something. That kid's never going to get to exist in a world where people don't recognize him as X Æ A-12. That's a pretty fucked up thing to do to a guy. Like, I have a hard enough time having people comment on my deadname every day at work. "Oh, [deadname] is such a pretty name!" "Thanks, it's not mine." Imagine if your deadname were fuckin X Æ A-12. Holy shit. You'd never be able to escape it.)

Where was I, anyway? Oh. Some woman just looked up at the camera. That's a fourth wall break in-game and not just in-commentary. Cool cool. She proceeds to have her phonecall loudly enough out on the street that I can hear it from the camera's viewpoint several stories above. God, it's almost as bad as taking a call while you're being checked out at the grocery store. Almost. Fun fact: If you are someone who does this, I will personally come to your house and beat your kneecaps with a crowbar. I have had enough.

Juniper seemingly mentions something about a Pokédex. When I see her, I will laugh in her face again. Bold of her to assume we're going to be catching every Pokémon in this run. This is a Nuzlocke, not the Professor Oak Challenge! They'll be lucky if they live to see their first evolution.

Much like in real life, my mother enters the building to talk my ear off when I would much rather be elsewhere. Also much like in real life, I smile and nod, and then I flee as soon as I possibly can.

Oh good lord. I forgot you don't start with the running shoes in this one. Fuck me, I guess.

X Æ A-12 and some Actual Toddler come to interrupt me going to get my Pokémon to ask if I've gotten a Pokémon. I look into the camera like I'm on The Office, and when the toddler talks, calling X Æ A-12 "Big Brother", I wonder if all of the translators are only children.

X Æ A-12 insists on following me. I wish to mug him for his shoes. The game will not allow me to steal his shoes. I remember being Wes, stealing Pokémon, and wonder why I, as Garnet, cannot do the same with a pair of sneakers. It is during this time that I remember to change the text speed to fast. The set mode option sits below, tantalizing. I must restrain myself. I must... restrain... myself...

No. The game will be enough of a shitshow going in blind as it is. We don't need to make this any harder on ourselves. I continue to the lookout, where one of the few things I remember, Bianca, is waiting for me. She asks if I will help her and the professor complete the Pokédex. I lie through my teeth.

I grab a d6 from the set on my desk. It's quite a pretty one, which matches one of my deity characters nicely. 1 or 2, I pick Snivy. 3 or 4, I pick Tepig. 5 or 6, I pick Oshawott. I roll.

Oh! If that were a d20 I'd gotten that number on, I would have gotten slaughtered. Given the second gym is Poison, I still might! I try to come up with a name for my Snivy. My brain will only think of Leif. The image of a Snivy family member named Leif... it is eerily familiar. I look it up. Oh, that's why. Nope, not taking names from other Nuzlockes, even if they were minor characters. But my brain can only think of one other option.

I apologize to my Snivy and hit enter. Bianca seems to plead with me to name him something else, anything else. But I have gone full No Thoughts, Head Empty mode. I can only nod hollowly in response to her asking if I really want to name him this.

Welcome to the team, Smugleaf.

Smugleaf
Male Snivy​
Overgrow​
Naughty, Hates to lose​
Met at Lv. 5, Aspertia City​

Last edited:

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
i mean if it didn't want to be called Smugleaf, maybe it should have had different characteristics- "Hates to lose" sounds like a sore winner with a smug face to me!

i am definitely here for the humour in this

Nenety

Comedy mold
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
I chuckled quite a few times (and laughed several others), so you definitely got me!

I'm going to be following this, mostly because I've never played BW2 fully and this could be a nice experience, but also because your jokes are really on point. Plus, the change from the simple "Leif" to "Smugleaf" made me burst in laughter.

Best of luck, and, more importantly, have fun!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
B2W2 are my favorite Pokemon games! I'm excited to see how they treat you!

Yep, Professor Juniper's Minccino evolved between games! That, or she caught a new Pokemon. Shiny Stones are expensive in this economy!

Nate has pineapple hair because so does his best buddy Hugh. :P Time will tell, though, if you are going to be as fond of him....

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i mean if it didn't want to be called Smugleaf, maybe it should have had different characteristics- "Hates to lose" sounds like a sore winner with a smug face to me!

i am definitely here for the humour in this
He did it to himself really
I'm glad you like my jokes! Much like the Forces of Nature without a Reveal Glass, they don't usually land :p

I chuckled quite a few times (and laughed several others), so you definitely got me!

I'm going to be following this, mostly because I've never played BW2 fully and this could be a nice experience, but also because your jokes are really on point. Plus, the change from the simple "Leif" to "Smugleaf" made me burst in laughter.

Best of luck, and, more importantly, have fun!
I'm glad you got a kick out of it! Hopefully I'll be able to keep going from here now that my work situation is looking a bit less chaotic, hah. It'll be neat seeing how things go from here!

B2W2 are my favorite Pokemon games! I'm excited to see how they treat you!

Yep, Professor Juniper's Minccino evolved between games! That, or she caught a new Pokemon. Shiny Stones are expensive in this economy!

Nate has pineapple hair because so does his best buddy Hugh. :P Time will tell, though, if you are going to be as fond of him....
I've heard a lot of good things about BW2, especially in terms of challenge! Fingers crossed I enjoy em as much as everyone else seems to... and also that my dumb ass doesn't wipe halfway through, lol!
Honestly, if I were Juniper? I'd probably Also take my chances with a 5% encounter than risk choking to death on dust clouds that may or may not even contain the particular stone I want. At least you can grind some good levels off the Audino. You get what, a one in ten chance of getting a stone in one of those clouds, and even then you have to hope you get the particular one you want and not an Everstone or something? Good for her, who has the time to deal with that.

I awaken in a dazed stupor. It has been so very, very long. I remember all of the things I want to do at once. I have art to draw, stories to write. Games to comment on.

I look at the date of posting. Oh god. It's been two months. Oh god. Yeah, I should probably return to the commentary on that game, shouldn't I?

My New 2DS, somehow, has held its charge. I start up White 2 for the first time in far too long. "Do a written log run," I remember the voices in my head saying. "It'll be quick and easy," they said. The voices laugh at my ignorance. My now-former boss laughs alongside them. I should have known better.

Joke's on them. I jumped ship Thursday, and at last, I can continue.

I go to the Unova Link section of the menu. Oh yeah, I remember as I look through the options, I started this update once and then got eaten by being an assistant manager in a store where everyone got sick of the new SM and left. I already linked my copies of White and White 2. I gaze at my other 3DS. Pokémon White sits inside, the Pokémon of my Nuzlocke from my final year of high school sobbing, begging me to finish their story, to just finally do the in-story plot-related grinding and finally let them be at peace.

I ignore their pleas and return to the other game. They will continue to suffer in silence. It really wasn't very well-written or conceptualized, anyway.

I stand atop the lookout of... what city was this, again? Aspertia, was it? I check Smugleaf's profile. Wow, I actually remembered it! That's a first. I stand atop the Aspertia Lookout next to Bianca. The Snivy gazes up at me with displeasure. I shrug at him and head back down.

...Or not! X Æ A-12 approaches, berating me. "How long are you planning on keeping me waiting, anyway?" he asks. I look again to the post date of Part 1. "June 7, 2020 at 5:27 PM". I begin sweating bullets.

Luckily, he quickly drops the complaint, distracted by the ornery reptile now accompanying me. It seems his short-term memory is even worse than mine! Perhaps he should accompany me to my doctor's appointment on the eleventh. Maybe we can work together to convince her to help us get ADHD diagnosises.

He asks about the Pokédex, and Bianca walks over to prattle on about things I already know. He cuts her off, demanding one of his own. Coincidentally, she has an extra one on her! How... convenient. Contrived? No, of course not! Giving an expensive machine to a random, pushy kid you've just met and haven't the foggiest idea of who he is? Perfectly normal. I'm sure Juniper would be endlessly proud of her assistant's judgement. I try again to walk away, only to be interrupted by X Æ- oh, who am I kidding, that joke was dated even by the time I wrote the first update, and to be frank I'm sick of copy-pasting it and then having to re-copy the accented e in Poké-whatever because my keyboard doesn't like alt-codes. Curse you, Samsung Notebook 9 Pro! Great for art, bad for writing! Hugh interrupts me, demanding to see how good a trainer I am, challenging me with the Tepig he raised from an egg.

It quickly becomes apparent that, despite being a bred Tepig, this boy couldn't be bothered with giving his starter any Egg Moves. The fight therefore goes about how one would expect the first fight in a Pokémon game to go. Do I really have to comment on a Tackle Battle? What would one even say about it? "Hugh used Tackle once at the beginning of the battle and then spammed Tail Whip until his Tepig fainted. He couldn't even be bothered using all those Tail Whips at the start of the battle. Skillz." Really, we've all played at least the start of a Pokémon game before, none of us are surprised by this.

Hugh, on the other hand, does seem surprised that he lost; apparently that ingenious strategy of spamming defense-lowering moves after striking has always worked before. He leaves, and Bianca declares that "The Pokémon on both sides did their best!" I laugh in her face and pull Smugleaf along to where the plot continues, skipping over the Pokémon Center and catching tutorials for the sake of the wordcount, because really, Bianca, I'm not five. Thanks for the free stuff, though.

Oh, wait. Before I skip it entirely, it seems there's a memory here! I'm sure nobody wants me to discuss these cutscenes at length - We've still not even left the first town, after all! But I've not yet seen them, either. I think for a moment, and come to a decision:

Each memory I encounter will be summed up in a single paragraph. Succinct and perfectly accurate. There is no way that this could fail.

In this memory, N is seen releasing a team of his Pokémon from the first game in Chargestone Cave. A Team Plasma Grunt asks why he is releasing them, to which he replies, "Because this is a Nuzlocke and they fainted, so fuck me I guess." The Grunt realizes that keeping their own fainted Pokémon is against Da Rulez, and begins to release theirs as well, but N points out that they're an NPC, and NPCs don't abide by protagonist logic. "But you're an NPC too," they point out. "Only Locke, the trainer who doesn't actually exist in the run this game is connected to because the author had weird ideas for plot as a teenager, has to release their Pokémon when they faint." N stares into the middle distance. "Shit," he says. "You're right. I could have actually kept and trained those Pokémon. I could have kept them and trained them and actually won." He looks at the footprints of the Pokémon who have just scurried off. "Wait, come back, I changed my mind!" he yells, chasing after them. The camera zooms out and fades to black.

Perfectly accurate, see?

Having done all that, I skip through the rest of the tutorial, finally obtaining the Running Shoes (thank you, o merciful Arceus above, hallowed be thy name, for blessing me with this glorious footwear so that I need not spam the space bar to no avail any longer) and proceeding to Route 19, where I ignore Bianca and run directly into the grass to see what I get. My first encounter is...

A Purrloin! I have a bad track record with keeping these fellows alive during Nuzlockes. May luck be better on her side this time! With three balls, she is caught.

Purrdida
Female Purrloin​
Unburden​
Impish, Good endurance​
Met at Lv. 2, Route 19​

She is named after the town of Perdida in Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, near which you can find the familiar Puss in Bouts (a member of a line whose first member is called a Purrloiner, and whose default nicknames include similar "purr" puns such as Purrcy). Finally, a name which is simultaneously more original and worse than Smugleaf! She, too, looks up at me with disdain. I imagine that Smugleaf can only sigh and tell her that this is par for the course around here.

I switch Purrdida into the first slot to try and train her to a decent level. My next encounter is... a Purrloin who's a level higher. Thanks, game. Glad you gave me the weakest one you could for this. Smugleaf, despite his attack being lowered by Growl, defeats it with ease. Each gains a level and a new move, Purrdida teaching level 3 and learning Growl herself, and Smugleaf reaching level 7, learning Vine Whip. I take the Potion from the nearby grass and, after defeating yet another Purrloin (this time with Purrdida all by herself! Good kitty, Purrdida. May this be a sign of things to come), move along.

Ah, right. Alder is in this game, isn't he? The former champion leaps from a cliff, somehow not breaking any of his old man bones in the process, and rambles to me about nothing particularly noteworthy. He asks me to follow him, which I do for all of about three seconds before finding myself distracted by the Pokémon Center. I heal up, unsuccessfully harass the local NPCs for free items, wonder what the "Your Pokémon is male/female" NPC would have to say about genderless Pokémon, and move along. Maybe I'll catch a Magnemite and head back to ask her, if I'm lucky.

Alder tells me to stop by the Pokémon Center before following him, if I like. The man is clearly going senile. I debate on whether or not following him is actually a good idea, but the game leaves me with no other option to progress the plot. Damn you, linear storylines! Alder remarks on the extra town map, and deduces that it is for my friend. I tell him that "friend" is a rather strong word for someone I've spoken to all of about thrice. He allows me to proceed to Route 20 instead of pestering me further, which I am grateful for. First real Trainer battle and next encounter, here I come!

Terrell uses a Patrat. It is a level higher than Purrdida, but still cannot outspeed her. It can, however, Leer at her. Twice. And do over half her health when it connects with Tackle. Funny how this random trainer has a better strategy than my "rival," isn't it? I switch out for Smugleaf and let him finish the job with Vine Whip... er, two Vine Whips. It lived on a single HP. Smuggle, Purrdy, you kids need to get your acts together.

The next trainer blocking my future teammate uses a Purrloin of her own! After that last battle, Purrdida and her are equally leveled. Purrdida is, however, still at half health. And getting outsped. With the opposing Purrloin doing a third of her remaining health, meaning a crit would take her down less than ten minutes after catching her, I switch over to Smugleaf. I have a funny feeling this is going to be a running theme of this Nuzlocke. That's how it usually goes with my Purrloin and Liepard. He takes the Purrloin down easily, and I get 64 dollars. Like the Nintendo 64!

...I never actually owned an N64. My first console was a GameCube. The silver one which came with Mario Kart Double Dash. I want to say it was the Holiday Bund- it's selling for HOW MUCH on Amazon?! $875 plus shipping?! What the fuck?! I know it's not in circulation any more and scalpers have been going crazy for the whole "desperate need for quarantine entertainment" situation this year, but seriously?!

Anyway, while flipping shit over that, I met my first encounter for this route! It's... a Purrloin. No, I'm good, thanks. I defeat it and try again. This time, it's... a Pidove! That's more like it. I've never used a Pidove in a Nuzlocke before. It even has Gust to start off. This should be fun!

Olivia
Female Pidove​
Super Luck​
Modest, Often dozes off​
Met at Lv. 4, Route 20​
Did you know that rock dove (Colomba livia) fledglings have wiry yellow down feathers that poke out from the adult plumage that they're growing in? One of them had fallen from its nest on the beams of the railroad tracks above the street I walk down to get to my former workplace on my last day, accompanied by one of its parents. It was uninjured, but seemed to be having trouble getting back up to its roost above; I had to get to work, and so was unable to stop to help it, but I found it up in the beams again later that day. Between the busy street and the fact that I've seen weasels in the area as of late, I was glad to see it managed to get back up unharmed before night fell. Another fun fact: Despite their species name coming from the Latin livor, meaning "bluish", rock doves can appear in other colors, including nearly all white or black and even rusty or tan plumage! Once in my (very bad, would not recommend, I failed because our development room was in a janitor's closet painted black and the teacher gave extreme priority to the upperclassmen meaning the rest of us couldn't develop our photos) photography class, I found one with the loveliest golden feathers among a flock of typical grey-blue birds on the waterfront near the ferry terminal. People tend to think of them as pest birds, but I find them quite pleasant and intelligent. The ones in downtown grew to recognize me and fly down to land on my arms and shoulders after only a few days of splitting a bagel with them! The only reason people dislike them so much is because they gather in flocks and are comfortable living in cities among humans, something we bred them for when we domesticated them. It's rather unfair that we judge them for things we intentionally made them to be, really. To be frank, I'd take a flock of pigeons over one of seagulls any day. Pigeons are polite birds who clean up your crumbs and are intelligent enough to recognize faces - Seagulls will steal your whole sandwich, shit in your drink, and laugh at you.

Regardless, Olivia's name is derived from the species name of rock doves, as mentioned above! It's also coincidentally a feminine version of Oliver, the protagonist of the game for which Purrdida is named. I think I may have a problem. Either way, Olivia's a sleepy little girl, and I'm excited to have her on the team! For now, though, she'll have to wait a bit to show her stuff - It's evening, and I'm ready to eat!

...Hopefully not pigeon. Some people eat pigeon. I don't think I could handle eating Olivia.

...I know someone who could, though!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Ugh, the sobs of Pokemon from bad old nuzlocke stories are so annoying. I take notes now, guys. I'm better now.

Teaming up to get diagnoses is valid, though. When you have someone who understands your brain-things... It's so good.

N as the conflicted NPC/not NPC is the type of storytelling GameFreak needs to strive for.

My first console was a Gamecube too! Mario Kart Double Dash is a great first game for it, but my dad decided that his 5-year-old twins needed Mario Party 5. Because it had a 5 on it. ...It's a miracle I still play video games, with that introduction to the medium. ._.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)