• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Happy new forum! We decided this was a golden opportunity for us to feature a fresh new imported run!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Nuzlocke Fun Things that Happen in Nuzlockes

Thread Description
What fun/awesome things have happened to you in Nuzlockes?

Funen1

If you're alive, you can keep moving!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
The most awesome thing to happen to me in a Nuzlocke remains my fight against Wattson in Emerald, my first-ever Nuzlocke. As a bit of backstory, I had previously lost my Plan A for the fight, Daichi the Makuhita, before getting to Wattson, so I had to use other Pokemon for his team, such as Banzai the Mightyena for Voltorb. Cappie the Breloom handled Electrike and Magneton, but she needed assistance from Augustine the Manectric to paralyze Wattson's own Manectric first. Cappie had to deal with paralysis too because of course the RNG favors Gym Leaders, but the plan with her was to take out Wattson's Manectric quickly with her strong moves... only I couldn't take it out quickly after all, and the Manectric reached +5 Attack. It got to the point where I ultimately had to forgo curing any paralysis for fear that a sudden crit would kill Cappie, because she was the only thing standing between me and a surefire wipe. Thanks to some extremely clutch paralysis procs, she somehow pulled through at the last moment, thus saving the run from a very early ending and cementing her status as MVP, even with her reduced usage afterwards.

To a lesser extent, Chestnut the Bayleef (later Meganium) pulled off something similar with Whitney's Miltank in HeartGold. Miltank never reached the same kind of threat level as Wattson's Manectric, thanks to it always choosing Stomp for its more immediate power, but the degree to which Chestnut was able to tank said attacks with Reflect was awe-inspiring to watch as it unfolded. Even with Chestnut mostly restricted to Razor Leaf and poison damage for a fairly low amount of damage over time (factoring in Whitney's healing items), her defenses just never let up throughout the whole thing. She had a close call at the end though: on the turn that poison damage would've finished Miltank off, Stomp crit and dropped Chestnut to 5 HP. She bent, but she never broke, and I never had to bring out anyone else to back her up.

On a more lighthearted note, I recently did a Nuzlocke of X, and I had one of the luckiest things happen to me during it. My first encounter in Connecting Cave was Axew... in a horde battle. That's a 0.25% chance btw, which doesn't compare to shinies but is still damn rare. Gaze the Haxorus would later become one of the linchpins of my run through the Pokemon League, and it was sweet how he had that kind of introduction to go along with it.

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
Took out half of Steven's team in Sapphire - Armaldo, Claydol, and motherfuckin' Metagross - with a Seviper of all things. This was also in a STABless, set mode, level limit, no item in battle run, so he wasn't even able to heal except through Giga Drain and the Shell Bell. Probably the most fun Champion battle I've ever had in a Nuzlocke, even though my Lunatone did end up dying. :/

PageEmperor

The supposed emperor of pages
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
The fact that in spite of all the weird ass encounters I've been having in my Diamond randomiser, I've managed to attain a surprising balanced team. Rock/Ground, Water/Ice, Grass/Poison, Psychic/Ice, Electric, Normal. And yeah I could switch out the last one for something else but it seems like this is fine.

Rhema

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
During an ORAS run (not the one that As Above, So Below is about) I was doing a Wonderlocke and got a shiny Ferroseed! I was super excited to use it, and then a Numel promptly killed it with Flame Burst. So, the first half of this story was really fun......the second half, not so much :P

PageEmperor

The supposed emperor of pages
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
In my first ORAS nuzrun, I got my first death unexpectedly during the first fight against the villain boss. In my current ORAS nuzruns, I have defeated the villian boss and got my 4th badge, and I still haven’t had my first death, and so my current AlphaSaph run has officially beaten that run as the longest I’ve lasted without a death, excluding deathless runs.

Garnet

Awkward Gay
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He/She
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Okay, okay. I know on the old forums I posted about that Shiny Audino I found after a near-wipe who carried my team, cuz that was sort of my Iconic Nuzlocking Moment™. But I don’t remember whether or not I ever posted about the time a Minun was the MVP of my team? And that sentence is still such a wild one to type that it needs recognition.
It was years ago, an Emerald run I believe, and I’d just gotten to Slateport. I remember going up north of town thinking, “Oh boy, new teammate! An Electrike would be cool, or a Gulpin, I’ve never used a Gulpin.” And so I walked into the grass and what do I find? A Minun. So of course, I’m like “Oh great, a gimmick-based Pikaclone. And I’m not even going to get a Plusle to go with it, wonderful.” But it ended up being that I threw the Plusle, who I named Scrapper after the kind of obnoxious little shit of a robot front Skyward Sword, on my team regardless. I don’t know why I did it any more, if I’d been having shit catch luck or lost a bunch of my early catches or if I really needed the Electric coverage, or if I tossed him on as a joke or to use as death fodder. Hell, I might have just stuck him on to compliment Fi, my Kirlia, with another Skyward Sword reference. That seems like something I would do.
Oh yes, that’s right. I’d managed to catch and keep alive a Ralts that run. For the whole run. And she managed to get outplayed by a lone goddamn Minun.
It turned out that Scrapper was a beast. I can only assume he had a Sp. Attack IV of like 37, because I figure there was No Way he could be as strong as he was even with just a perfect 31. Dude’s named after a robot, maybe he messed with the code to make himself a monster. I’ve joked with my friend that he was actually Raikou disguising himself as a weak little Minun so he wouldn’t have to keep running around trying to flee from ten year olds who want to catch a god, but my Nuzlocke screwed up his plans so he just went along with it.
Scrapper was frail, but he one-shotted damn near everything he went up against. And don’t even get me started on once he learned Thunder. I don’t think the little monster ever missed with it. You know how normally with Pokémon luck that 70% accuracy works out to be more like 30% in practice? Scrapper took one look at that and said “Actually, this is just Shock Wave but overpowered now.”
Needless to say, when the time came to fight the champion, Scrapper damn near soloed him. I had Fi switch in for Whiscash, and she took it down fairly easily, then nearly got herself killed against whichever Pokémon he sent out next. This despite me giving her an Electric move for coverage. Meanwhile Scrapper didn’t have any problems whatsoever taking it and the rest of his team down.
Basically what I’m saying is my little RSE NU Tier Minun in a single battle format without a Plus supporter was stronger than a Pokémon described as creating black holes. And that’s pretty fuckin wild.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Your Majesty
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Also a major Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Fear the Minun. It WILL kill you, and it will NOT show mercy.

Fear it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)