Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Also a major Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I have to pressure myself to keep working on Blue Moon because I have so much of its story left to tell, and yet my brain keeps chasing after new story ideas and while it's fun to develop them in my head, at some point I need to discipline myself into completing the projects I've already started.

TerryTheTeryx

Smol Dino Who Also Likes Birbs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She may be lured out of her residential cave with peanut butter.
Similarly, I'm halfway through my Omega Ruby gameplay— which is the prime backbone of my comic— and am in the process of building characters for future RRT and EoD dungeonlockes, which will also be comics.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Also a major Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I chose Omega Ruby to nuzlocke in hopes of setting the stage for an eventual nuzlocke of Pokemon Fusion Generation 2 (yes, I'm skipping the first one because from what I've seen on YouTube, the second is vastly superior). Likewise, I'm writing Ori's Gift (my Let's Go Eevee nuzlocke) to set up for a future Pokemon Insurgence nuzlocke (which I plan to play randomized and on easy mode because vanilla Insurgence is pretty darn difficult even without nuzlocke rules).

But then certain spoilers came up for Sword and Shield in the trailer yesterday, and without stating what they are, I'm considering doing a blind Shield nuzlocke as an in-between to bridge Ori's Gift with the Insurgence nuzlocke. And then the storyline for my planned Omega Ruby nuzcomic actually ties in pretty well with the storyline of the Alola games, so I'm considering doing a nuzlocke of Pokemon Moon and actually completing it this time.

And then there was my plan to follow up Fusion Generation 2 with Infinite Fusion... so yeah. God willing, I may well be writing Secrets of Aetherai nuzlockes for the next ten years if I can justify pouring my heart and soul into them.

Flopdisc

weary emoji ok_hand emoji
🎇Contributor
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
They absorb garbage and make it part of their bodies.
Have you tried writing out plans for them and examining them a little? Like spending an hour on a weekend afternoon or something with an idea and trying to write a rough map of how it would go, start to finish. I ask this because I sometimes struggle with competing ideas, and an exercise like this helps me sort out material that's like "oh! this would be a cool moment but I don't really have any passion for the elements and setup surrounding it" from the "oh, this idea is flawed but I can see the potential and will revisit later".

In any case, I think it's super helpful to kind of shotgun out as complete of an idea as I can down onto paper, so it doesn't spend too long in my head being "perfect"/unexamined and competing with other projects I've invested more in.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I already take notes as I'm playing my nuzlockes as to how I imagine certain events will play out in the serialization, but your advice sounds pretty good. There are some details I won't be able to finalize until I know how the playthrough goes, but for Ori's Gift, I've already finished the playthrough, so I can go back and look through my notes and plan how I'm going to address all those events.

For my Omega Ruby nuzlocke, I'm not going to name any names (especially since I can't even start posting the first pages until I've finished Ori's Gift because spoilers), but a couple of major deaths threw the storyline completely off the rails of what I'd intended, and a certain low-tier Bug-type Pokemon survived WAY longer than I really expected it to and appears to have become the lead character now. Can't guarantee its survival in the long term, but it made it through both the first Maxie battle and Flannery, so I think it's definitely earned the spotlight it currently has.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Luck will travel, but that's why I've got feet
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Though she often appears sweet and polite, the smell of wrong opinions may cause this pokemon to latch bite.
For some reason I started getting pings for this channel again. Not sure why but I am at least glad I got wind of some of your upcoming projects, @Trollkitten. OwO I really like what I've read of Ori's Gift so far, this all sounds so exciting!

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Administrator
Tech Team
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Though she often appears sweet and polite, the smell of wrong opinions may cause this pokemon to latch bite.
OOOOOH RIGHT. Seems like it's working!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Awwwww YE that sounds awesome!!!

Aureum

5 Time Winner of the Jimmy Jab Games
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Man am I envious right now. Anyways have a good time then!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Got all the way past Winoa in my Omega Ruby nuzlocke. Not spoiling what my team is so far, but I'm currently on Route 120, and that one Ace Trainer with a Recover-spamming Milotic in the rain is a killer. Without going into details, I left that battle with less Pokemon than when I came in, and honestly, if I hadn't allowed myself to use Latios (without Mega Evolution, because mega legendaries are too broken), then I probably would have wiped right there. And even then, Milotic also knew Twister, so I had to run through a couple of healing items myself to keep Latios going long enough to win.

At least Water Pulse didn't confuse...

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Goooooooooood that sounds like nightmare scenario. I feel lucky I didn't have an issue with that trainer in my OR earthlocke.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Considering the majority of your Pokemon were probably Rock and Ground types... yeah.

I actually chose to allow Latios because of two reasons. One, I knew I'd be facing Winoa's Altaria and wanted something to counter it that wasn't a frail Floette or an Ice Punch Machoke. And two, because none of my other Pokemon could learn Surf, and I didn't want to waste a slot on an HM mon that couldn't battle.

(If you're wondering about the Floette, I allow myself one Wonder Trade before each gym battle, another before taking on the Elite Four, and one last one before facing Rayquaza. Flabebe was actually my very first Wonder Trade acquisition.)

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Using Latios is valid! It is the first encounter in its area, after all. Wish I coulda used it too!

TerryTheTeryx

Smol Dino Who Also Likes Birbs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She may be lured out of her residential cave with peanut butter.
Oh man, I'm not anticipating that battle now. I'm not anticipating that battle.

original nickname

Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
Aight if you're on discord you've probably heard me waxing about the London Pokemon Center, but I'll repeat it for this thread:

So I lined up at 6 AM. Got a decent spot in the first 50 people and I could see the store from my position. While I was waiting I also met two nice American women and we all sang along to classic pokemon shit (PokeRap, theme song, Weird Al's Polkamon, etc.). Got into the center within 30 minutes of opening. 6 Item limit was a bit of a bummer, but I had a high budget so I got some neato big ticket items:
-the exclusive fleece blanket
-the city pikachu hoodie
-an eeveelution backpack
-an eeveelution coffeemug
-ditto plush
-Gen 8 Grass Starter plush
Afterwards me and my newfound buddies went for Japanese food, and I am now sitting on a train bound for home. All in all a good day! The SwSh demos were good stuff, and I'll probably end up going back down there in about 2 weeks to get small ticket items like stickers, pins, posters, etc.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Been working on drawing concept art for my Omega Ruby navlocke. Houses in a PMD-style universe are fun because the games reveal that Pokemon tend to build houses that look like their species, but it makes me wonder what happens when the house changes owners. Does the new owner remodel the house to look like them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)