Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
ladies and gentlemen, and anyone in between, we have reached the fourth dimension level of friendship cafe

this time, we need but one thousand (1000) posts to yeet this thread up to the 5th level of cafe heaven

g o n u t s

(last thread here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bug

kittenrobotarmy

FIYA EMBUREM
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Has dedicated her life to the Blue Lions + Marianne and considers them her children.
What a blessed night this is

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/she
awww hell yeah, new thread new thread. It's still got that new cafe smell.

Alchemy

Au revoir, and thanks for the fish.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Well, shit. There went my level-up monopoly.

I said:
It doesn't matter who is the one to perform the level up. What does matter is that the person learns from my mistakes and makes sure to type out "Trans rights!" or else they'll have to ask Chess to do edit in for them because the thread got locked. Don't be like me, a forgetful idiot to the nth degree.
I asked for one thing too, rip.

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
Sweet

But uh- yeah, picking up where things left off back there xD
How to get an Ivysaur pre (or... very, very shortly post-parcel, I actually forget exactly when it happened, but it was 100% before pokedex get and I'm pretty sure it was before) parcel. Be really sick and kinda out of it so you just zone out level grinding for a literal hour because it's mindless but feels like you're actually getting something done.

and also be nuzlocking gen 1 and really not wanting ur seed babby to die.

TerryTheTeryx

Smol Dino Who Also Likes Birbs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She may be lured out of her residential cave with peanut butter.
I have a problem with over-leveling. Let's just say my characters in my Nuzcomic evolve wayyyy too early. >.>

Paine

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
There is no such thing as 'evolving too early' in a nuzlocke
never

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Aw yeah we got a remodel! Everything's so fresh and new, can't wait to spend countless hours here!

As far as gen 1 Bulbasaur go, isn't that basically easy mode? Three gym advantages right at the beginning.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
Yeeeessssss new thread 8) 8) 8)

But uh- yeah, picking up where things left off back there xD
How to get an Ivysaur pre (or... very, very shortly post-parcel, I actually forget exactly when it happened, but it was 100% before pokedex get and I'm pretty sure it was before) parcel. Be really sick and kinda out of it so you just zone out level grinding for a literal hour because it's mindless but feels like you're actually getting something done.

and also be nuzlocking gen 1 and really not wanting ur seed babby to die.
That's fair. Seed babby is excellent babby. Also, I guess to be fair, Gen I is really easy in the first routes (and possibly generally speaking), especially since Gust isn't even a Flying-type move yet. :') So, like, now that you mention it, I can totally see how you can accidentally grind all the levels.

(Also I can kinda see how you'd glitch out and end up with no rival battle on Route 22, lmao. Gen I was Like That, amirite?)

TerryTheTeryx

Smol Dino Who Also Likes Birbs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She may be lured out of her residential cave with peanut butter.
Can't argue with you there 8D I remember doing a casual playthrough of Su/Mo and my Dartrix was around level like, 20-something while Hau's Popplio was at 14 or something.

Paine

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
Yeeeessssss new thread 8) 8) 8)

That's fair. Seed babby is excellent babby. Also, I guess to be fair, Gen I is really easy in the first routes (and possibly generally speaking), especially since Gust isn't even a Flying-type move yet. :') So, like, now that you mention it, I can totally see how you can accidentally grind all the levels.

(Also I can kinda see how you'd glitch out and end up with no rival battle on Route 22, lmao. Gen I was Like That, amirite?)
Ohhh yeah xD

And I'm nervous bc like. The entire reason I bought Blue version was to glitch the hell out of it, but I made a point of it in my rules for nuzlocking it that I wouldn't attempt to break reality? So.. I mean, I might've fought him! But I have no notes of it, nor do I have any memory... so it's honestly a 50/50 shot whether or not I might've screwed it up and I just hope it doesn't come to bite me when it's time to go to Victory Road xD

At least you can't exactly... accidentally MissingNo though.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Administrator
Tech Team
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
bidoof solo time

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
This is exactly why for my comic run I put in an anti-grinding rule or I knew I would do exactly this XD

On another note where are the pastries in this new cafe? I need me a latte and some sweets!

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I'm far too lazy to overgrind TBH. I'm much more likely to get bored and challenge a gym early. At worst, on time.

Last edited:

Alchemy

Au revoir, and thanks for the fish.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Second on the laziness. I just straight up YOLO the next Gym leader as soon as I have something to SE spam it, consequences be damned.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/she
I just... like grinding. Grinding is nice sometimes, even if it can get agonizing if I'm not careful with it.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
grinding is "oh hey lets find an artist on spotify and rattle off their entire discography" time because i've lost control of my life

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
For me, Grinding tends to be to even out levels and I usually aim for a point where I can comfortably take on the next boss.

Case in point: In Fire Red, I tend to grind everything to Level 8 before Viridian Forest, then just before Brock, I bump everything up to Level 11.

X and Y have such an easy time grinding though. Battle Chateau with the Writ that makes people cycle in every minute, and the Furisode Girls all use Audinos. Me and my friend were able to keep 20+ Pokemon on level just to keep each other guessing (We were battling after every Gym).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)