• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fun  Friendship Café ★★★★★

Thread Description
Carving our names in the rock of eternity.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Thanks! This list should come in handy.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway

we're so close

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
then i guess, as 1337+420+69, 1826 should be the next big one

also, nice

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
tfw I just realized the new forums are a year old already ._.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
oh that's thrown me

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Woah they’re so old now,,,,,,,, and still wonderful

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Three cheers for our beautiful one-year-old new forums!

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Happy One Year Anniversary!!!

For many more years of a Forum without Tapa to come!!!!

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Happy first birthday new forum! Somehow one year doesn't feel like long enough?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
It's hard to believe the new forums have been up for a year now!

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Feels like just yesterday I was a high school freshman who'd just found zetaboards and couldn't read Manic's first two runs because they didn't have a table of contents in the first post.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Well, I'm pleased to say that tomorrow's chapter of Ori's Gift has been written in what has become my usual writing method for Ori's Gift: spend a week and a half thinking about what to write, then do the actual writing in two or three days and see just how different it comes out as.

Not exactly the kind of writing method I'd personally recommend, but hey, it works for me. Somehow.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I honestly didn't even realize the new forum was already a year old...I guess it's because I was gone around the time they first went up?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Current events in the US have actually inspired me to rewrite parts of the opening section of my Moon nuzlocke (which deals with, among other things, themes of discrimination and racial violence). Which sounds all well and good, but given that the Moon nuzlocke is the sequel to my Omega Ruby nuzlocke, which is a sequel to my Let's Go Eevee nuzlocke, which currently updates twice a month and still hasn't even reached the third gym...

Well, I should hope that by the time the Moon nuzlocke is published, the world will be a better place.

Personally, I'm trying to avoid getting too topical about current events with Ori's Gift, as I had the general theme of it plotted out long before all this 2020 crap happened, and I don't want to shoehorn anything into the story just for the sake of it. I even cut out a planned plot twist where the Paw Patrol was quarantined/imprisoned under false claims that they had a dangerous disease, because I felt like with the whole COVID-19 thing going on, that would be insensitive to my readers.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I know it's been a while since anyone posted here (and I was the most recent poster), but I feel like announcing something, so I'mma gonna do it here. While I haven't abandoned the Crystal lorelocke I started, I decided I should also start a HeartGold lorelocke on account of HeartGold being the very first Pokemon game I ever played and being awesome.

And the results have been interesting. Very interesting indeed.

First of all, I got Laurel Wreath (Symbol of Authority) for my Chikorita's lorerule (I've never used Chikorita before, but I rolled lore rules for each of the three starters, and Chikorita's was the one I disliked the least). Among other things, this gives Chikorita the Royal Ancestry rule. Then my first catch was a Pidgey whose lore rule was The Eye of Horus (Chosen of Horus), which protects one Pokemon against their lore rule (naturally gonna be Chikorita cause he's the only other Pokemon I've got) and also gives every Pokemon in my party the Royal Ancestry rule. And then I got a Geodude with the Golem of Prague rule, which means that I choose one of my Pokemon for Geodude to protect... and that Pokemon is none other than my high-and-mighty Chikorita.

Wow. Just... wow.

I have ideas as to how this will all play out in-story, but I don't want to share them because 1. spoilers and 2. ideas are subject to change. But I will say that since my FireRed lorelocke and HeartGold lorelocke both happen in the same historical era, I'm thinking of using both runs in the same story, showing the two different teams in two neighboring regions and what their respective effects on the world are.

Oh, and for those of you who want to know more about the lore rules I mentioned:
Chikorita: Laurel Wreath (Symbol of Imperial Authority)
This proud Pokemon demands to be the figurehead of your party. It must be the first on your team whenever you battle Gym Leaders, the Champion, or your Rival. Can't have two Pokemon with this rule in your party. It is also considered Royalty for Royal Ancestry rule.

Pidgey: The Eye of Horus (Chosen of Horus)
All Pokemon in your party are considered Royalty for Royal Ancestry rule. You don't have to sacrifice Sun Stones and Moon Stones for lore rules to gain their positive effect. Choose a Pokemon -- this Pokemon is guarded -- cancel the effect of the lore rule of this Pokemon as long as Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot is in the party with it. When the guarded Pokemon dies or leave the party this effect is canceled forever.

Geodude: The Golem of Prague
Choose a Pokemon in your party. Geodude/Graveler/Golem are assigned as the guardians of this Pokemon meaning -- you can only use Geodude/Graveller/Golem as long as the guarded Pokemon is in the same party as it is. Whenever a lore rule affects the guarded Pokemon negatively you may redirect it to the guardian, and if that Pokemon is wounded you must use healing items to heal it to full health while the Guardian is out before the Guardian can use any moves or items on itself. If the guarded Pokemon dies, the golem loses control. If there is a Psychic Pokemon on your team it can deactivate the golem, if not it first attacks each of your Pokemon in your party and 20% kills them, and then becomes deactivated (and can't be used).You can reactivate it by throwing away three non-bought revives (or Light Clay if it exists in this game) and choose a new Pokemon to be guarded.

And naturally I've got to link to @RubyClaw's Lorelocke rules themselves so y'all can see what all the fuss is about.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
@Trollkitten that's sounds so awesome, I'm sure you'll weave this all into a great story. Sounds like a very powerful yet fragile alliance, try not losing anyone! (Although technically the Symbol Of Imperial Authority only makes your pokemon Royal for the benefit of others with the Royal Ancestry rule, not having to deal with the downside of the Royal Ancestry rule yourself, but I do like your harsher version of it so you should totally stick to it!). It always makes me so happy hearing others enjoying the lorelocke rules and coming up with their own adventures based on them.

Amusingly, I also started my own Heart Gold Lorelocke a few weeks ago, and also got the Laurel Wreath Chikorita as my starter, and so far Theodora has been serving me quite well! I have many interesting mons on my team, but I think my favorite pokemon+lore rule of the run so far was an Intimidating "The Curse of the Whip Tails" Tauros. He crushed so many of my opponents, until I just now tragically lost him to Pyrce's Piloswine after a deadly critical hit Blizzard which got me to the red, due to me not being able to switch right after because of its lore rule. I was praying for my own critical hit that would have saved me, but it never came. You'll be remembered my brave Scourge! Next up is notorious Clair and my only solution for her is a Unicorn Ancestry Dewgong (can only stay in battle for 3 consecutive turns) so wish me luck!...

And thanks to this run I made a lot of tweaks/balances/changes and even new additions to the lorelocke rules (including some awesome new @mewstein art), which I plan on releasing along with update 1.13 in the near future (along with a new more challenging variant suggestion I call Advanced Lorelocke which adds a few extra rules). I'm also slowly working on the Hoenn lore rules, but that would probably take a while. Still its nice to finally get back to reading some mythology again, I mentioned this site before but http://yokai.com/ is such a great place for people who are interesting in Japanese Yokai mythology.

Man there are so many other runs and projects I'm really eager to work on - Kantonian Fables is one, but also an Ultra Sun blind run which I planned on doing for years now, but ever since my adorable daughter entered my life I learned that I must focus my free time on a limited number of things if I actually want to get them done, so for now I'm sticking to my current unposted run and working on the lore rules. Its funny how getting over busy forces you to manage your time far better.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Well, technically I guess they only have the Royal Ancestry status, not the rule itself -- I do misspeak sometimes. So it's not quite as difficult as it came across. (Not that that currently matters, given that my Pidgey gives everyone royal ancestry and also nullifies Chikorita's lore rule, so it's a moot point.)

I'm actually planning on buying and downloading Alpha Sapphire once the Hoenn lore rules come out so I can lorelocke it. I already have Omega Ruby, but I love that game to pieces and Team Aqua is just so awesome that I want to fully encounter them in all their glory. (This time, however, I am going to wimp out and turn on the Exp. Share, because I had way more deaths in my Omega Ruby nuzlocke than I expected going in. WAY more. The survivors likely have war-related PTSD.)

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Anyone been up to anything interesting lately?

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Ooh those are some really nice pictures!! Love the two on the left.

The most I've been up to is stressing a bit about work 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)