• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fun  Friendship Café ★★★★★

Thread Description
Carving our names in the rock of eternity.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Happy Passover!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Dude, where the heck is time going? March felt like it took forever, but now April feels like it's just rocketing past. One second I was dying for it to finally be April 1st, the next it's April 17th and I'm just like how-mst?????

Anyone else feeling this or am I alone here?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I'm feeling it too. It's pretty weird.

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
Same. This past week, it feels like the days are just kinda.. passing. The transition from Monday to Friday was nonexistent.

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
See, maybe it's because I'm working constantly because ~essential worker~ but the thing is, every day feels like it's taking twice as long, but the passage of the days themselves has become utterly incomprehensible. It's hour 164 of the third of April and I'm Losing It

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I think the quarantine is getting to us...

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
It's even weirder because I don't even think I feel this way during summer break.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Yeah, it definitely feels like time is all out of whack lately. March felt like it took three months to pass, but all of a sudden it's already mid-April???
I think all the corona shit is making it seem so off.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
This time nonsense is really messin with my ability to stay on top of my Uni work. Like, how do you remember to turn anything in when all the days are just One Long Day at this point???

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
So this has nothing to do with anything, but TIL that a group of Bionicle fans have been working on a 3D, open-world Bionicle RPG for six years, and just dropped the trailer.

I am twelve years old again.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan I am so freakin ready for this quarter to be over and to have some summertime freedom. Taking 4 classes with everything going on and the switch to all online was a bit more than I expected tbh. I can't wait to have some actual free time again and catch up on shows and really work on my run more concretely. I miss my own comic 😭

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
I'm kinda on the opposite end. My classes rn are really easy, and I'm not really ready for the semester to be over cause I'm not sure what I'm gonna do this summer? I wanted to go back to school and do some summer courses, but that's out of the question now. I'm thinking of signing up for online courses but the online summer courses at my school are really weird (One of them is a full 3-credit course but in 3 weeks? What??????), and I definitely won't be able to find a job. I'm just, mrrrrggghhhrrr, I hate the uncertainty and figuring out how I'm gonna deal. I don't wanna just do nothing for three months, god.

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
Ugh I feel that way too much. My school just announced that they're going to stay online in the fall, so I have no idea what's going to happen to my on-campus job. And my classes were so easy that I just started drowning in all of the free time, which is something that I never thought I'd say. The only plus to quarantine is that my parents adopted a new cat and she's super loving and playful 😭❤
Her name is Cinnamon!

https://sta.sh%2F01c8rwu5vknq

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
I still say I chose the perfect time to graduate, right before all these shenanigans happened.

And I guess I'm pretty lucky, getting extra time off work, but still working enough to not be bothered by staying home so much.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I totally understand how too much time would be awful- and tbh i'll probably hit that at some point with my summer being freed up- but I still think I'd rather that to my current overload. Besides, with a comic and some other creative works, I'll never truly be out of things to do! Not to mention all the runs I follow that I need to either catch up on, or runs I've been meaning to start, but haven't had the time to.

Also @sunburstblue Please tell Cinnamon I love her.

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
best of luck contrarian queen ;; at least you're almost at the end...?

god I'd love to have legitimate time off. No one else in my family is working 9 to 5 -- and now that my sister just graduated, there's only one other person with actual commitments in this tiny apartment and I'm. envious?? it's starting to drive me a little nuts being around these people all the time who don't have any work/school obligations or have very few of them. I'm gonna need to take a day off soon, but also what's the point if I can't get the space I need to recharge 🤷‍♀️

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
So I'm working on developing a Pokemon homebrew tabletop RPG format, and I'd like some ideas for trainer classes to include. There's just so many possibilities, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed (okay, a lot overwhelmed) in trying to pick the ones that are the most important to have as examples. (Players will be allowed to homebrew their own trainer classes with their own abilities, I just need examples of what sort of builds should be expected.)

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
So I'm working on developing a Pokemon homebrew tabletop RPG format, and I'd like some ideas for trainer classes to include. There's just so many possibilities, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed (okay, a lot overwhelmed) in trying to pick the ones that are the most important to have as examples. (Players will be allowed to homebrew their own trainer classes with their own abilities, I just need examples of what sort of builds should be expected.)
Ooh, off the top of my head:

Series Staples (Common/Well known trainer classes from the first generation or two who have appeared in multiple games since their debut)
  • Ace Trainer/Cooltrainer (Generally strong in-game, could be sort of a generalist/jack of all trades for balance purposes as a PC?)
  • Youngster (Generalists usually using weak/common mons; maybe a starting class for aforementioned Ace Trainers/Cooltrainers if we keep the idea of them being strong trainers?)
  • Bug Catcher/Bug Maniac
  • Fisherman/Swimmer (Both usually use Water-types, albeit with some variation on fish vs. others; arguably combinable into one for simplicity's sake)
  • Hiker
  • Bird Keeper
Other notable classes
  • Rangers (Had their own spinoff series - Maybe either a Druid or Ranger (who would have guessed) counterpart; could draw from either them acting as normal trainers in the main series or more as guardians of nature and Pokémon with only one or two permanent partners in their namesake series?)
  • Breeders (Have appeared in every generation since their debut; a major character in the anime takes up the profession)
  • Psychic/Channeler/Medium/Hex Maniac (Different names, but the same general idea behind them all, albeit some having a focus more on Ghost or Psychic than the other; reoccurring class. Maybe like a Wizard in the school of Necromancy?)
  • Dragon Tamers (Mentioned and basically there in Gen II, but didn't become a proper class until Gen III)
  • Doctor/Nurse (Heals the player's party after being defeated in battle in the Unova games - Could act as a sort of Cleric counterpart?)
  • Supertrainer (From the Orre games, notable for using legendaries. Hello??? Who allowed you to- Anyway, probably best for NPCs/antagonists because that's some OP stuff right there, or if we go with the idea of upgrading classes from the Youngster -> Ace Trainer thoughts above, maybe the ultimate growth of those classes?)
  • Professor (Technically only became a class in Gen VI? Probably best as NPCs considering the Lore, or otherwise starting off with low-leveled starters for PCs)
  • Painter/Artist (Reoccurring class - Often use Smeargle? Not sure what sort of class that'd equate to exactly but it could be neat haha)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)