• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fun  Friendship Café ★★★★★

Thread Description
Carving our names in the rock of eternity.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Psych-Up is a literal lifesaver for Necrozma if you have the right mon to use it with (specifically one with Sturdy/Disguise as its ability)

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
I do have a Magnemite, but it doesn't look like they can learn Psych-Up. I doubt I can keep it alive long enough, anyways.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
I only made a run of Ultra Sun for two reasons:
1. I wanted to test myself in the most brutal game to Nuzlocke.
2. The Alola games offer quite the potential for a PMD-style Run.

But that forgiven game is like the Yakuza in the Simpsons: it kills you five times before you hit the ground.
I swear, if It weren´t because of certain Pokémon I grew fond of, or the completionist soul within me, I would´ve quit after the second trial.

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
I hate Gen 7 so much because of how much text it has and how weird the story gets, but it does have a good Pokémon roster and epic soundtrack.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
The magnemite I caught in my US earthlocke, I kept on the team once I switched to a casual run. Mango the magnemite! One of the most valued team members by far! I love earth types by default, but I never knew magnemite was so spunky and useful!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
I do have a Magnemite, but it doesn't look like they can learn Psych-Up. I doubt I can keep it alive long enough, anyways.
It can be taught to Magnezone if you can evolve it

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Oh, really? I'll have to do that then, assuming they survive that long. Epic.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Sturdy can save your life in Ultra Sun and Moon, and that fact alone shows you how bad the difficulty can be in those games.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Also by god, OVERLEVEL FOR THE TOTEMS. AND IF YOU CAN, DO NOT LET THEIR SOS MON SET ANYTHING UP.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Over leveling is absolutely your friend in USUM. Also?? Avoid optional trainers. They’re optional for a reason. Not speaking from the experience of losing 4 Pokémon in one battle directly after a team rotation, no...

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I can confirm that the Exp. Share definitely makes a difference. Part of why the first third of the game was the easiest was because I used the Exp. Share so I could 1. evolve three team members within a short period of time, and 2. actually stand a chance against Wattson with a group that was most emphatically not built to take on a Magneton.

But I didn't want to Exp. Share the entire game, so I turned it off.

Fun fact: if you don't have the Exp. Share on, grinding for the legendary battles is brutal.

Also fun fact: even if you have the Exp. Share on, you're gonna have a bad time if you want to actually catch the legendaries.

And my name isn't Terry

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
I say actually beat the optional trainers, if anyhting because they give really useful shit

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Useful stuff is not useful when you´re dead.
Those trainers are no joke, they even have Z-moves to one-shot your team.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
If you outspeed them or have decent defensive typing, you should be fine, at worst only ONE can one-shot a teammate

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
But if you don’t expect them? They’re bad. Plus iirc they mostly give out niche TMs and items that are hard to use well in nuzlockes

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Red Card Item/Roost, Nature Power (a gamebreaker if paired with Normalium-Z) and Snarl (SpAtk Debuff) beg to differ

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
plus it lead to the birth of Pink User Group which I still miss dearly to this day
someone remind me to do this next year

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Wait @Trollkitten who called you Terry? Did I call you Terry? If I did, it was an accident, I'm sorry dfsghdkjsfghkdjfg

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Yeah, you're the one who called me Terry.

All is forgiven. After all, my mom used to get me and my siblings' names mixed up all the time. It happens/

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Happy Passover to anyone out there celebrating! Our Seder this year will be rather weird as it will be online (Covid19 and all), but still this is one of my favorite holidays, and I won't let that virus take that away from us :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)