• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fun  Friendship Café ★★★★★

Thread Description
Carving our names in the rock of eternity.

PurpleEyedGuma

21st Century Schizoid Mon
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
Pronouns
They / Them
Here we are again for Tier 5 of Friendship Café! Talk about whatever you want, whenever you want.

As with the last thread, the one who makes the 1000th post will be in charge of the next thread. Get to it first, before they do.

(Find the previous thread here.)

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
I claim second post!

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
there there, Mouse. Your chance will come, just be patient.

Aureum

A world calling for justice shall be heard.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
I’m sure you’ll be able to do it Mouse
Unless I do it first.

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
So, continuing from the last thread's topic - With regards to notes, I usually do them digitally now! When I first started out, I did them in notebooks primarily, but as time went on I found that it was easier to keep track of them digitally - Easy to sort, easy to store, you don't gotta worry about the pencil or pen smudging or forgetting to bring your notebook with you... I actually have a Nuzlocke of White I need to transfer notes over to digital for, since it's around four years old now and getting pretty smudged and borderline illegible in some places.
As for which specifically I use, it varies, but generally I use either Google Docs, because I can access it on any device, or OpenOffice/Pages, because their formatting is easier for some note styles I use, depending on whether I start the notes on my laptop or phone/iPad :0

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
I usually do notes in Google Docs, but script as I go along. So for battles I’ll go like,
Charlie- Absorb
Geodude- Rock Throw
Charlie- Miss, Pound
Geodude- Rock Throw

While everything else like dialogue would be scripted like a play. Of course, this probably only works efficiently if you’re going to translate it into a comic. I dunno.

PurpleEyedGuma

21st Century Schizoid Mon
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
Pronouns
They / Them
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I consider myself bad at note-taking. I can't bother myself to report every single turn of every single battle, so I'm torn between two things.
- 1. I take notes on my catches, evolutions, deaths, and major battles. I sometimes note important events in battles or what Pokemon I use.
- 2. I'm more likely to stick with https://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/. The downside is that I don't remember battles after the fact.

Which one is more efficient?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Man I go to sleep and miss the thread explode and reach 1000...

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
New thread, new fun!

My favorite note snippets are my elite four notes, which are, well... let’s see the excerpts from a recent platinum Nuzlocke:

VS BUGSY’S MORE SUCCESSFUL BROTHER

VS DIRT AGATHA

VS VOLKNER’S MORE OUTGOING BOYFRIEND

VS WILL BUT A DIFFERENT COLOR

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................

Tsugumi Hazawa

Ordinary but Hardworking
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Haneoka High School (IRL: Makassar, Indonesia)
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
Character: She/Her, IRL: He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal
Hahaha. XD. Also my attempt on trying to advertise my work tends to be just not so good one for me. Guess I'll need to learn on it. I'm wondering if anyone is actually familiar of anime - err, the Japanese equivalent of you know, Western Cartoon.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
The only anime I actually watch is Pokemon, so I'd say no.

OrdoSkirata

Space Nerd
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Wild Ordo will often hide alone; however, caught specimen are loyal until their death.
My roommate successfully turned me into an anime lover (I'm not so far gone as to be a weaboo thank you very much) so if you reference it I might actually get it. Of course, I'm indie in that I don't actually watch all the popular ones.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I don't think I've ever really watched anime aside from an occasional episode here and there...

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
What the fuck is an anime.

In all seriousness, I liked anime as a kid but have progressively become more and more turned off from it over the years to the point that I now only follow one anime and one manga. Not interested in content made by pedophiles for pedophiles anymore. It just gets too gross to watch eventually.

Elfin Song

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
What the fuck is an anime.

In all seriousness, I liked anime as a kid but have progressively become more and more turned off from it over the years to the point that I now only follow one anime and one manga. Not interested in content made by pedophiles for pedophiles anymore. It just gets too gross to watch eventually.
Honestly, same. Or Nazi sympathizers.

Those titles aside, idk. There're some good anime/manga titles out there, I'm sure, but I kinda stick to the older stuff. Not much of the modern stuff catches my attention, and I can't even tell you why, especially since there are a number of titles with concepts that are just my complete jam. 🤷 But give me a Vash the Stampede or a Sailor Moon or those Cowboys with their Bebops, and I'm set.

I think the only ones I can really caught my attention and held it are Saint Young Men and The Devil Is a Part-Timer. But that's because both are ridiculous and therefore great. (Saint Young Men gets extra points for being an excellent adaptation.)

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Not interested in content made by pedophiles for pedophiles anymore. It just gets too gross to watch eventually.
As a hyper asexual to the point of being physically ill at the very thought of carnal pleasures, this is precisely why I don't watch anime.

Not that you need to be asexual to realize that pedophilia is gross. I would say it's extra gross for me, but let's face it -- you'd be hard-pressed to make it grosser under any circumstances whatsoever. (Please don't take that as a challenge.)

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Thank you y'all for getting me. Just, bleeeegghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)