• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto General Mon - French's Fire Red Nuzlocke -

Thread Description
Current Page: 38 - Saffron Gym!

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
Congrats on your ganza victories!

This was a really fun update! I love your Sabrina, and Rufaine and Pippi were great in the gym battle. Also, Reg is adorable!

french-teapot

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats on most improved and best overall in the extravaganza! I've been keeping tabs on your comic for a while now, and it's great to see you getting some well-deserved recognition.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :D
First off - congrats on your Ganza wins! I was so excited this comic make it to the forums, and I was over the moon when I saw it was doing well in the ganza. Much deserved!

Second, aaaaaah this update! French and Reg being adorable, Sabrina's design and how her text floats outside the panels, the colors for Faint Attack!!! French, you've outdone yourself here.
Eeeee thank yoouuuu! I'm so happy people like it so much.
Oh my goodness I love your Sabrina. The way French just harasses her and gets free transport and finally just makes her snap and stop with her telepathy and just shout I'm, it's so good and fun to read. Your comic is great, it 100% deserves all those wins in the ganza and congratulations for them all
Haha Sabrina was super fun to draw. XD I'm surprised people like her as much as they do, I didn't think I'd changed her that much.
Thanks a million!
Congrats on your ganza victories!

This was a really fun update! I love your Sabrina, and Rufaine and Pippi were great in the gym battle. Also, Reg is adorable!
Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

MylesNuzlocke

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
His first name is Myles. Nobody knows (except his friends and the Nuzlocke Forums) his last name! He likes to be lazy. He cares if he dies.
Congratulations on the Best Overall Comic Award! Sorry this is late!

pkmnMasterWheeler

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Oh hey, I just noticed that's the same look the Saffron Gym had in the anime right? Also the Persona 5 reference is amusingly timed as me and my sister have been playing through it recently~ Super fun page and battle!~ :3

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh hey, I just noticed that's the same look the Saffron Gym had in the anime right? Also the Persona 5 reference is amusingly timed as me and my sister have been playing through it recently~ Super fun page and battle!~ :3
Heyyyy someone noticed! 8D Yeah, I try to model the gyms in my comic after the ones in the early anime. Some are more noticeable than others, but I thought the Saffron gym was so quirky; I didn't want to change it much! :D
Oh I really hope ye enjoy P5! It's such a fun game.
Thank you!

Wwarborday

Gradually Becoming Productive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
Congrats on your ganza wins! And I love the brush/color you used for Sabrina's telepathy : D

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello all! I'm very sorry about the wait in updates. I don't even realise the time passing so quickly!
In the meantime, I've been exploring new art mediums and I've really got into clay modelling. So of course I had to make
my best girl and boi, and also my best bad boi.

I hope ye like them!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh wow those clay models look incredible! Are they the sort that air-dries or did you have to bake them? What did you paint them with? Will the next update of french's fire red be done in claymation?

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh wow those clay models look incredible! Are they the sort that air-dries or did you have to bake them? What did you paint them with? Will the next update of french's fire red be done in claymation?
Thank you! They're made of polymer clay, so they have to be baked in the oven to harden, and then I painted them with acrylic gouache! 8D

Haha I wish I was that dedicated. XD

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Oh wow! That's super impressive! How long did it take to sculpt Randy? It looks like a lot of work!

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh wow! That's super impressive! How long did it take to sculpt Randy? It looks like a lot of work!
Thank you! It took me a little less than a day. ^u^ He was a challenge alright! Hard to get his face just right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)