• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto General Mon - French's Fire Red Nuzlocke -

Thread Description
Current Page: 38 - Saffron Gym!

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Just read through this after having heard good things about it—and boy were they right! There's a lot of praise that can be bestowed on this comic, although I especially like how you turned the pointless in-game "Four Rocket Brothers" from Silph Co. into significant and diverse characters. Heck, all the characters are great—I even already like Pippi, mostly for standing up for herself against Chipo. (To be fair, anger is part of the grief process, but expressing it by being a huge jerk to those around you is not the best way to express it.)

On a related note, way to tug at my heartstrings, too. Revenge is a real threat when you're doing a Nuzlocke…

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Aha! Found you!

I love your characters, always so much personality. And I totally understand Chipo's feelings (I think my Graveler had the same reaction to the deaths in my run).

french-teapot

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just read through this after having heard good things about it—and boy were they right! There's a lot of praise that can be bestowed on this comic, although I especially like how you turned the pointless in-game "Four Rocket Brothers" from Silph Co. into significant and diverse characters. Heck, all the characters are great—I even already like Pippi, mostly for standing up for herself against Chipo. (To be fair, anger is part of the grief process, but expressing it by being a huge jerk to those around you is not the best way to express it.)

On a related note, way to tug at my heartstrings, too. Revenge is a real threat when you're doing a Nuzlocke…
Ahhh thank you so much! I really love that people like the Rocket Brothers, they were so fun to come up with and it's so gratifying when people enjoy them. :D
Thank you for the wonderful comment.

Aha! Found you!

I love your characters, always so much personality. And I totally understand Chipo's feelings (I think my Graveler had the same reaction to the deaths in my run).
Excellent, I really appreciate it! 8D
Yeah it's the absolute worst losing a long-time team member. My condolences to your Graveler. XD

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
So I just read through this all, and wow all the praise this run gets is definitely well earned! Such improvement in story and art, a delightful ride. It's so fun to see someone take the throwaway four rocket brothers from silph co and turn them into such an incredible supporting cast! Reg in particular is so good, he 's living his best life as the protagonist of pokemon snap now. Also your pokemon are so fun in design and in personality, the current schism in the team is thrilling drama and I love this new dodrio friend and her bizarre multihead situation. I can't wait to see more now that this is on the forums and I'm aware enough to follow this gem!

Sakurah

Drawing up a Storm!
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Yes.
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Always busy, she occupies her time with either work, sleep or entertainment. Overactive imagination and starts new things but rarely finishes them.
I, too, also found your comic recently and I am completely in love with it!

The characterization is amazing across the board. I am also loving how everyone grows and 'evolves' as the comic continues on and I am also loving how you gave the Rocket Brothers, especially Reg, a lot of character and depth. They alone are not just some Rocket Grunts for the protagonist to trounce on and be done with it.

Will be watching you from here on out!

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
So I just read through this all, and wow all the praise this run gets is definitely well earned! Such improvement in story and art, a delightful ride. It's so fun to see someone take the throwaway four rocket brothers from silph co and turn them into such an incredible supporting cast! Reg in particular is so good, he 's living his best life as the protagonist of pokemon snap now. Also your pokemon are so fun in design and in personality, the current schism in the team is thrilling drama and I love this new dodrio friend and her bizarre multihead situation. I can't wait to see more now that this is on the forums and I'm aware enough to follow this gem!
Ahhh thank you! 😊 That's very sweet of you!
Likewise about your comic! I absolutely LOVE your characterisation and how natural all the interactions are, so it's very much appreciated that you're enjoying my own characters.

I, too, also found your comic recently and I am completely in love with it!

The characterization is amazing across the board. I am also loving how everyone grows and 'evolves' as the comic continues on and I am also loving how you gave the Rocket Brothers, especially Reg, a lot of character and depth. They alone are not just some Rocket Grunts for the protagonist to trounce on and be done with it.

Will be watching you from here on out!
That's so kind! It's really cool that the Rocket Brothers are getting so much love. XD
Thanks so much!

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Second and last preview of page 38! I forgot to mention that I generally post more previews or Nuzlocke related art on my Tumblr, so if anyone's interested in keeping up with those, the link is in my signature.

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
That Persona reference got me. Rufaine’s such a good character! Also it’s nice to see Pippi proving herself in an important battle :)

Also! This page in its entirety is gorgeous. You can really see how much the comic has improved since the beginning!

yepiz

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
This has been my favorite page of all! I'm in love with everything!
You've improved so much!! Sabrina's character is amazing haha <3

PurpleEyedGuma

21st Century Schizoid Mon
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
Pronouns
They / Them
Pippi continues to be The Best™.

The way you wrote Sabrina's mind-speaking is cool. It illustrates how confident she is before her downfall.

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
That Persona reference got me. Rufaine’s such a good character! Also it’s nice to see Pippi proving herself in an important battle :)

Also! This page in its entirety is gorgeous. You can really see how much the comic has improved since the beginning!
Ahhh I'm so glad Rufaine had a small moment to shine.
And thank you so much! I really appreciate that. 8D
Aint no one got time for that Teleporter BS!
Damn straight. Wasn't gonna start drawing all that nonsense. XD
This has been my favorite page of all! I'm in love with everything!
You've improved so much!! Sabrina's character is amazing haha <3
Thank you so very very much! I really appreciate that coming from you a lot!
Pippi continues to be The Best™.

The way you wrote Sabrina's mind-speaking is cool. It illustrates how confident she is before her downfall.
Oh thank you! Glad you liked that. c:

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
*gasp* Well, I certainly didn't expect this to become so risqué! I mean, French kissing?

In all seriousness, though, Reg's excitement after that (and before it, too) is too precious.

Also, congratulations on your accolades in the Extravaganza! I hope you feel proud of your work!

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
*gasp* Well, I certainly didn't expect this to become so risqué! I mean, French kissing?

In all seriousness, though, Reg's excitement after that (and before it, too) is too precious.

Also, congratulations on your accolades in the Extravaganza! I hope you feel proud of your work!
Yeah I've been planning for a while on giving the comic a saucy, x-rated turn. XD

Thank you so much though! I do feel proud, and very thankful! :D It was really fun, and it was great to get a chance to discover so many other runs that I definitely missed.

Kinetic Kimo

Trainer MIA
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her. Old-school girl words.
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
Congrats on most improved and best overall in the extravaganza! I've been keeping tabs on your comic for a while now, and it's great to see you getting some well-deserved recognition.

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
First off - congrats on your Ganza wins! I was so excited this comic make it to the forums, and I was over the moon when I saw it was doing well in the ganza. Much deserved!

Second, aaaaaah this update! French and Reg being adorable, Sabrina's design and how her text floats outside the panels, the colors for Faint Attack!!! French, you've outdone yourself here.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh my goodness I love your Sabrina. The way French just harasses her and gets free transport and finally just makes her snap and stop with her telepathy and just shout I'm, it's so good and fun to read. Your comic is great, it 100% deserves all those wins in the ganza and congratulations for them all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)