• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto General Mon - French's Fire Red Nuzlocke -

Thread Description
Current Page: 38 - Saffron Gym!

french-teapot

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her

Hi there! My name is French (well it's not really but y'know), and welcome to my Fire Red Nuzlocke Comic.
I started drawing this run aaaallll the way back in 2011, and here I am still ambling along BUT
still massively enjoying the process. I joined these forums a long time ago too, but thought I'd give myself
a long overdue refresh!
~~
Updates are very sporadic due to work and low energy, and the most frequent question I get is
"Are you still doing this run?".
The answer is always YES. No matter how long it takes, I will finish this comic. Hence why I'm still at it in 2019.
Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

~~

RULES:
  1. If a pokemon faints, it's considered dead and must be permanently boxed.
  2. I must catch the first pokemon on each route. If it faints, I lose it. Scripted/static encounters (e.g. Eevee, Snorlax etc.) don't count. (Legendaries may be caught, but not used.)
  3. All pokemon must be nicknamed.

Also find me here:
DEVIANTART - TUMBLR - INSTAGRAM

~ THE COMIC ~

Extras will come as I figure things out. XD Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Eii! welcome to thisf orum, French-Teapot!
Been a while since I last read your comic!
I am looking forward to the continuation of your comic and off course how it will ends ^ ^

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eii! welcome to thisf orum, French-Teapot!
Been a while since I last read your comic!
I am looking forward to the continuation of your comic and off course how it will ends ^ ^
Thank you very much! 8D

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Great to see this one here too! I enjoyed reading it on Smackjeeves

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Just binged the whole run, and it was delightful. I'm looking forward to more updates!
Great to see this one here too! I enjoyed reading it on Smackjeeves
Thank you both so much! I'm excited to be back on the forums. I hope I can update a bit more often.

In the meantime, as I'm currently sketching the next page, here's a small preview! I do like to post these,
but if people think it spoils things then I'll stop.

EDIT: Also updated with the galleries!

Last edited:

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
I've been following this comic for a while now, so I'm really happy to see it here! I love it a lot and I'm looking forward to more!

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
Aaahhh yes!!! I've been following your comic for years, and I'm so excited to see it on the forum!! You characters are so cute, and I love what ascended NPCs the Rocket Bros are!

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
I've been following this comic for a while now, so I'm really happy to see it here! I love it a lot and I'm looking forward to more!
Ahh thank you so much! I'm so glad you've been following along! 8D

Aaahhh yes!!! I've been following your comic for years, and I'm so excited to see it on the forum!! You characters are so cute, and I love what ascended NPCs the Rocket Bros are!
Yeeaaah that's awesome! Thank you so much for sticking around so long! I really appreciate it!

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Last preview!
I’m like, 5-10 panels away from the end of all the drawing, so I’m aiming to get the whole thing up by the end of Friday!

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Psychic
We approaching delivery day...

That sounded wrong

Wwarborday

Gradually Becoming Productive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
Binge read the whole thing today. Holy fuck. I did not expect that goddamn roller-coaster of emotions. I'm not even sure when, exactly, it turned into a very emotional story about friendship, but? It?? Did?? I almost cried?? What the fuck. I was losing my mind during that Silph Co fight, oh my god. And I LOVE your Dodtrio design. This was amazing, I cannot wait to see more.

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Binge read the whole thing today. Holy fuck. I did not expect that goddamn roller-coaster of emotions. I'm not even sure when, exactly, it turned into a very emotional story about friendship, but? It?? Did?? I almost cried?? What the fuck. I was losing my mind during that Silph Co fight, oh my god. And I LOVE your Dodtrio design. This was amazing, I cannot wait to see more.
Thank you so much! That really means a lot that you felt so invested in the story.
Really appreciate it! 8D

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Ooh! I am looking forward to how her third head gonna act like!
Altho the dazed head seems to be vulnerable in battle!
I hope she can switch control them fast enough so that those heads do not become weak points!

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Ooh! I am looking forward to how her third head gonna act like!
Altho the dazed head seems to be vulnerable in battle!
I hope she can switch control them fast enough so that those heads do not become weak points!
Thank you! 8D
I can tell you now that Pippi has no issues with her inactive heads.
Or at least... hasn't had before. Maybe being in a hard-working team is different...? c:

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello one and all! Apologies for the silence. Been enjoying Pokemon Sword!
Here's a sketch of French in Galar fashion. c:
Hope ye're having fun with the games if ye've got them!

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I read this run a little while back and loved it! Glad to see it on the forums, now I’ll be able to keep up with future page releases :)
If you don’t mind me asking, I’m curious about something - why is this run tagged under other adventures? :o

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
I read this run a little while back and loved it! Glad to see it on the forums, now I’ll be able to keep up with future page releases :)
If you don’t mind me asking, I’m curious about something - why is this run tagged under other adventures? :o
Hi there!
Thanks a million. c: I'm glad you're enjoying the comic.

To be honest, I don't know? I didn't realise it shouldn't be. This is the first time someone's mentioned it. :D
I've changed it now. I think I wasn't sure at the time whether to pick that or 'mon', but I guess mon makes more sense.

french-teapot

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello all!
I'm venturing into new territory just for a laugh.
I'm attempting to animate some walk cycles for my Nuzlocke folks! Dunno how it'll go but for now
it's super fun.
Bit choppy but it's already so exciting to see these guys move!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)