• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto General Mon Folded (HeartGold nuzcomic)

Thread Description
Rerun. (Updated June 30th)

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
The team training Nana and her leading the way to their victory against Whitney is one of my fondness memories of this comic. It's just so sweet and the payoff is really gratifying to see! Also that beat of Nana's shocked face when she launches Miltank to the moon kicks Miltank still gets a laugh out of me every time. Also I love that Whitney doesn't get a break before asked to battle again. It's a nice follow-through on her introduction. A busy girl is always busy!

Silver cutting his own hair is such a nice touch. Gives us a good moment with him coming to accept magnimite, but it also is a solid reminder of how much he's trying to hide. It also really makes me worry about the good boy's cash situation. 😭

I like the scene of Harry and Em talking and making plans. I don't know what it is, but I love the feeling that builds as Harry clearly knows something troubling and Em is growing more and more concerned. And the way the tension is sorta released(?) when Harry opens the window is really satisfying.

I really adore when nuz comics show losing in a non-deadly way. Choco doing her best but not being able to beat someone who has trained his flying type to work in the wind is really nice to see. She did her best, and that's enough sometimes! Plus it adds to the world feeling a bit more alive and friendly. Idk, it's just such a nice touch!

Also... oh joy... The ladies looking for their Clefable.

Surely that can only go well. 🙃

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
yeah silver cutting his hair is another favorite silver moment, not the least reason being those freaking safety scissors XD cracks me up every time haha. but at the same time makes me feel all the more sorry for him ;w;

and how did you get a bean like nana to have such powerful kicks when she hardly has any legs to speak of haha

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Kadew I remember thinking after seeing so many evil Whitney’s “I’m gonna do the complete opposite.” Haha! Thank you, I definitely don’t like the upcoming chapter cause of the Bad stuff (with a hint of cringe). I think it made me procrastinate posting a little. x’D

@Tailsimp Thank you <33 I do think the most valuable thing in silver’s pocket was the safety scissors. What is money? Thank you! From this on everything will be JUST FINE! Uhuh! No worries at all!

@Zero Glad it was amusing at least haha! Safety scissors seemed like the perfect choice for him.

Chapter 6 Part 3
Chapter 6 Part 4
Chapter 6 Part 5

Just so I can get past the Clefable part asap (and because I put it off lol) I'll put the whole end of chapter here. Better as a whole anyway!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
😭 I THOUGHT IT WOULD HURT LESS BUT IT DIDN'T 😭

The fact that our baby was able to control that electricity right at the end, probably saving that girl's life by giving her more time to get away from the explosion... It hurts in a good way but it still hurts. Then Silver using this experience to get him to reevaluate how he's been treating his pokemon, but thinking they're just better off without him also hurts. Then Harry reminding him that he's all his pokemon have also also hurts. All of this hurts in the good way mind you but also 😭

I really adore the pacing in this section. Clefable getting more irritated as everyone fights. The wait to find out if Marble is okay. The panel of the night's sky after we learn the outcome. It's all done so well. Everything is somber, but not crushing as it could have been. Really it's fantastically done. I'm really glad the actual end off note was Silver naming his pokemon, showing some positive growth from all this. It really helps leave a hard event in a better light.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
ow, my heart.

what did we do to deserve harry ToT can harry and em adopt silver already, this kid deserves a break.

his pokemon are adorable too. what a great turning point for him.

that clefable is amazing I love its face >w< alas :’3

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Tailsimp sjhdadkj U,w,U you always do such good analysis! Thanks <3 The pacing used to worry me here so I spent forever figuring it out, so im glad it was nice haha.

@Zero It was one of my favorite parts to draw, just getting support from his tiny pokemon haha. and LOL may clefable's face rest in peace.

New chapter! the namedrop one lol

Chapter 7 Part 1

Chapter 7 Part 2

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
its like the bread scene in aladin but with common sense. its just a sandwitch guy XD the resigned way he lets go like “yeah I’m not eating it anyway now that you bit it” XD

u_u its really sad but also sweet how everyone handled the aftermath of what happened. it was realistic, no grand speech, just a hug and sadness is all you got sometimes. the way ellis comes out and runs to her was so 😭

the stantler is real elegant, did you already know you were gonna do icy copper at this point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)