• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto General Mon Folded (HeartGold nuzcomic)

Thread Description
Rerun. Chapter 6.1-2 (May 24th)

Kinetic Kimo

Trainer MIA
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her. Old-school girl words.
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
I discovered and binge-read through your comic just a couple months ago, and I have to say, it's become one of my all-time favorites. I love the attention you give to your environments, and the consistent background interactions between your pokemon. I'm glad to see you adding it to the new forums, it'll be a treat for anyone who stops by. :sun: Your work actually inspired me to get back into drawing again, even if opportunities are rare, and I hope to start posting a nuzlocke comic of my own soon. I'm definitely following your other comics as well!

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@QuietGuardian: Haha thank you! The sliding is actually a reference to Pokemon The Origin anime where they did that lol

@Rubombee: jsdfkskd thanks XD that was overall a fun battle! Even with hair smoking ask all that lol. Glad you noticed babu togepi because 90% of the readers never did lmao

@Kinetic Kimo ahh thanks so much, I appreciate it <33 it means a lot to me to hear that it’s been inspiring to some, so thank you u,v,u
Good luck with your own comic, i'm glad you're back to drawing!

----
More weirdness

Chapter 4 Part 3

----

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ahhhh Uni dragged me into it's depths and far away from all the runs I follow but I shall right that wrong today! I know it's been a good while since you posted here but I at least wanted to comment on everything you have posted!

Chapter 3.5
Big girl Choco!The gentle look she gives Em after landing on her shoulder is so soft! And her pride at getting the badge put around her neck is just all so warm and wonderful I love this birb so much. 😭
Also in my ever growing list of small touches in this comic that I adore: I love Em mentioning to put up a sign outside the gym, and in the next shot we see Bugsy doing just that in the background. It just feels like such a good way to help transition to the new scene, as well as show that he's actually taking the advice, and gives us hope he'll get more challengers in the future! And then the way you had it play back into the puzzle solving was really clever! All around just a satisfying conclusion to the chapter.

Chapter Cover
First off, I really love this cover. I have no good words for art, but the feeling of a calm moment to breathe and dare I say... reflect I'm sorry I'm sorry is just nicely conveyed in the cover!

Chapter 4.1
Okay onto the chapter proper! I really like Ellis's apprehension at being the only one left who hasn't evolved. You conveyed it so well without words, and the scene isn't dwelled on, so you really feel for Ellis without it dragging on the pacing or being too much of a downer, if that makes sense. Em being quick to comfort him is really sweet too!

Now onto my favorite grumpy boy!
Em: It's Silver! D:<
Me: It's Silver! :D
I really love that Em actually forcefully stops Silver here. It really shows that she cares about the mon that was stolen, and preventing any future Silver Shenanigans. Plus, I don't recall seeing her angry often, so these moments really stick with you! Also, Silver, my son, I love you I really do, but why did you phrase "my Chikorita evolved" in the most suspicious sounding way possible? :')

The trainers sliding at the start of the battle was really freaking cool, especially with Marble jumping in front of Em in the follow up shot. I really like how threatening you make ghastly. They tend to always look a little silly to me, so it was cool to see this scary gas cloud with eyes glaring down Marble for a Curse attack. Speaking of- Marble no!!! D:

Chapter 4.2

Silver, Marble is clearly under control. Just look at how perfectly controlled Marble was frying your Zubat! :D For real though, I love the beat of Silver just pouting as he returns Zubat. It gives a nice pause as we move into the Em trying awkwardly to comfort this boy she just grabbed by the scruff of his neck like an angry Skitty back of his jacket. Again, Em is a bit awkward but in the most endearing ways that make her fun to read.

And now we have the big leaf potato! I know it's resolved later but that look that Bayleef's at Silver hurts okay. I just want both of them to be happy already.

I really love the battle between Choco and Bayleef. The way things flow from one move to the next (like Em countering Poisonpowder with gust cause Heck No) makes the whole thing feel satisfying to read through.

Also, I spy with my little eye, the newest teammate 👀

Chapter 4.3
"They're friends!" This helps make the little scene of Bayleef and Ellis staring at one another have so much weight. You can feel their history passing through that look. Also, Silver, if you steal stuff, people are gonna tell others that you stole stuff. I don't know what you expected lmao. The poor new baby, fresh into the world, right into the middle of an emotional battle. Jolly, if not traumatized is right.

Speaking of, the battle was expertly done. It felt really rewarding when Ellis evolve to take on Bayleef with one powerful bite attack. I really have to praise the balance you struck between making the bite attack feel intense, but not in such a way that elicited discomfort. It hurt, but isn't going to scar. It lets all our emotions sit on the characters, not the battle aftermath.

I really like the set up here where Silver notes that "something" about Em is off to him. It really gets the brain cooking trying to figure out what Silver's deal is. And then the tense way he leaves just lets that question sit in the air, making it even more exciting to see what will happen when he comes back. Put that on top of the folded notes and the ever mysterious Harry and the list of the fun head-scratchers this comic has is a an ever growing delight!

I don't know if your planning on continuing to update here, but if not I just wanted to say that it's been delightful to get to re-experience this comic in readable chunks along with others. Even tho I'm so super late I'm sorry. Let me say, as Silver's number 1 fan, thank you for all you posted so far, and thank you again for this lovable comic!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
GAHH 😭 i've been a bit anxious to post here even tho it's on my mind often, BUT yesterday was also pie day which means Folded was 7 years old, so @Tailsimp you had an excellent timing it was a joy to come here to this amazing commentary skjfd <3 you're way too kind. i'm so glad. i need to continue archiving it to my stash so i will continue posting here too, since that's what i came here for in the first place.

Chapter 4.4
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5 cover

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh that poor baby Silver backstory, my heart. That good son boy.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Oh! Happy Birthday Folded! What amazing timing that it landed on one of my favorite scenes, Silver all by himself under a beautiful night sky telling himself he'll be okay after we learn about his past 😭

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I'm here in a timely manner!!

AHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT COMMENT CAME ON FOLDED'S 7 YEAR ANNIVERSARY??? Real talk, I just so happened to get the day off due to a scheduling error at my job, and decided on a whim that i was gonna catch up and comment on all the runs l left to the wayside during school madness. I can't believe that it worked out tho be this comic's anniversary omg. That's so amazing in the best way! I'm so happy you enjoyed my comment too. I always love reading your comic, so I'm glad I can pay that back to you in some small way!

Okay so now that I'm done gushing for this comment at least, onto the update proper!
Chapter 4.4:
"Um... goodbye!" Look at that smooth exit out of the confrontation. Silver is doing his best and I appreciate him. Even when he gets angry thinking he knows Em somehow, he pops off with "stupid and lame plans" like the most lovable dorkus. What a good child. Poor Em tho, she's just left confused as heck. But hey, at least she has a team of cuties for comfort! I love the little lead in to Harry's background with Silver. The moment taken to switch over to his apartment, Ellis interacting with the traumatized baby, and having Harry get them drinks before starting. It's just a nice way to ease out of the tension from earlier. Also, did someone say Harry backstory 👀

Chapter 4.5:
I really dig the subtle shift of colors in Harry's flashback. The colors are... warmer? I think? Sorry still garbo at art related talk, but it's a nice touch to differentiate it from the current time with Harry and Em. That moment where Harry validated to Silver that he will be okay is so good. It's so soft and quick but feels so powerful in a way? Like dang, I think we all wish we had someone- even a random stranger- tell us it was gonna be okay in a scary moment like this. Also, Harry, you really don't think you should have... done more? Like I'm all for not being nosy but the poor kid seems to be in a tight spot ya know? No wonder Em was feeling bad after that, I feel bad after that! 😭

The ending with Silver at the lake reassuring himself that he'll be okay is delightful and heartbreaking at the same time. I can't wait to see more of this good boy going forward. I remember that I really enjoyed your Silver up until this point, but this update made me incredibly invested in seeing him come out of this adventure in a better place. I wanted his reassurance to be true, and for him to be okay.

And I spy with my little eye.... a riddle?

Chapter 5 Cover:
I really like this cover! After a night of sad stories from Harry, it's nice to see the sun rising on Em and her team in a new location! Looking forward to seeing them have a chill time after all this mess, and hopefully bond with a good, if not traumatized, little baby.
Glad to hear that you're gonna continue posting here! I'll try to remember to comment in a timely manner this time around. Until then, hope you have a nice day!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
Seems i miscalculated, it was 6 years, not 7, i think, boi am i bad at math. But anniversary nonetheless!

@Kadew Haha poor son baby boi!
@Zero thank youuu~ i still so clearly remember drawing that panel...
@Tailsimp ;u; haha im glad it worked out, definitely a fun coincidence! always love your comments <3 Silver's a big dork, i feel like those parts were kinda a turning point for how i continued the comic afterwards, and came up with all these backstories that were nonexistent for so long. xD It was def fun to move to chill times after this~

Chapter 5.1

Chapter 5.2

Louie, my good boi arrives, and im pretty sure i just wrote and drew the second strip of pages from the top of my head lol.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Aaaah, i love louie. This is my favorite parts of the comic, when Ellis, Marble, and Louie (and Nana too?) are all the same size >w< that shape you draw them in is literally my favorite look for these pokes, of all time!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 5 time!

I love Harry waking up to a Slowbro on the couch, cold chillin. That little moment of "um...?" was great. Speaking of great moments, everyone comforting Ellis about bayleef was really nice. A good pat pat can go a long way.

The scene of catching Louie is just delightful. I love the way they sneaky sneak up to Louie, who just wants to chill in a field, and the way Em chats on the phone while the catch is going on. (Once again leaving Harry like, um...? lmao) I adore Marble's little dodge as Em throws the second pokeball; Em is determined and Marble knows not to get in the way of that lol. The conclusion to the convo with Harry's reasons for helping Em is really nice. Some good fluff before we get to the bickering group in black.

Ya know, I'd be for the group ditching Giovanni's plan, but that note of "we'd all just agree to disagree" sounds right. It's hard to believe they'd get much done if they didn't have some sort of goal already; tho I guess maybe that's not a bad thing. Hope they're watchin' their backs though, cause my favorite incarnation of Lance is on their trail, and he even skipped some calorie intake he's so determined!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Augh, so many things to love, once more. Louie. Louie Louie Louie. A good bean. The entire exchange of being on the phone while doing other things and not balancing the two well so that your one activity bleeds into the call, very relatable and makes this entire thing feel so real and grounded. And then we've got Rocket looking like a weird cult, and Lance being a weirdo wannabe detective. Every single time you post these reruns I fall in love with Folded all over again.

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
Ahhh thanks guys so much! I love Louie with all my heart I'm glad you always liked him too. Lance and bunch too, tbh lol. They're probably the weirdest things i've ever written

Part 5.3
Part 5.4

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Sad that no one appreciates Silver going far and wide to warn everyone about that "evil gray haired girl" lol.

I really love the little montage of Em spending some time in the city. I always love seeing/reading about what trainers do when they get to the region's big city, since it's always a chance to have a fun little moment for everyone to relax.

I feel bad for Whitney. Heck, I feel bad for all the gym leaders usually. If there's no scheduling system, how do you get any time to yourself? The curse of being popular I guess- tho I wonder if Whitney would rather have Bugsy's issue of hardly any gym challengers instead? 🤔 Well either way, it's lucky that Em knows the gym leader, or it seems she'd have to wait a week for a battle! It goes to show how excited Whitney is for her friend though; the second Em being a challenger came up, Whitney seemed 100% excited to battle only seconds after bemoaning it.

Surprising no one, I adore the scene between Em and Silver. I remember being so curious as to how such a huge misunderstanding was taking place here, and why Silver was so incredibly sure that Em was a part of Team Rocket. It really is fun to reread it with all the pieces of the puzzle now!

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
aaaah i miss when everyone was the same size look at them!

https://sta.sh%2F01myhmi6af6n
If only Nana was here too uwu you draw the cutest nidorina
you draw the cutest crawkanaw too

I love that Silver went to this snack lady, told her to watch out for Em, then ran around her building and just hid there waiting for Em to show up XD

So many good silver moments ^w^
one of my favorite
https://sta.sh%2F01y8akv9ohmw
tho that one panel where he's getting blasted in the face with water reminds me of moose boy getting hit in the face with branch. you do face smacks really well, they really hit with an impact!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
HAHA @Tailsimp @Zero I appreciate both you two's inputs so much (the Silver scene was one of my favs too, poor misunderstood lad, I'm glad it's fun to read while knowing the truth behind all of it)
I never realized I drew all the mons the same size lol, that's pretty funny actually!

Going to post here on Saturday's now.

Part 5.5
end of the chapter! some fun silent moments

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
Aaaaaaah speak of the devil, it's Nana!!!! I forgot she gets caught like the very next episode! >w<

Em just bumming it on a park bench uwu something so sad about seeing someone walk up to a park bench and just going to sleep on it. You can do that in My Sims too. But i guess its kinda nice to think of a world where you can do that with no judgement and no fear. Well, a little fear. Silver, you there?

uwu poor silver bumming it in the wild. I love seeing him just sleeping on the ground with nothing but his jacket for warmth, so sad. Poor kid. Someone get this boy a hot meal.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Nana is here! I love this smoll, stornk girl. She's beating up those pinecones like she'll be beating up other mon one day!

Seeing Silver and Emily just chillin outside for the night really gives such a peaceful feeling to the world in this comic. Barely a mention of any sort of consequences for this really helps the world feel overall safe and peaceful. Also, that Magnimite seems to have adopted Silver, much like a cat would. You didn't ask for it, you didn't look for it, but it's your cat pokemon now!

The aside with Harry and Lance is great. I think I've mentioned it before, but your characterization for Lance is one of my favorites. He's got such a goofy charm with lines like "my mind has not yet processed my thoughts that far" and "I'm too lazy to finish" 🤣 The way he plays off Harry is great! Though I can't blame his Noivern if it would rather not have to deal with Lance or his Dragonite anytime soon!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Ahh I'd forgotten how much of a bean you draw Lance's dragonite as. Just a big smooth bean who wants a fight. And Nana! She's here! And gonna get trained up big and strong! But the most important part of this page is that good good magnemite orb. You've always made every single pokemon into a darling and this round child is no different. Upon review, Folded is still one of my very most favorites and it holds up so so well.

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
Thank yous! Haha Nana was def one of my fav new additions, she's baby. I still vividly remember drawing that training montage. I'm also glad that magnemite gets some love, so much one eye can do hahah. Man I'm just glad you guys are still liking it as it is!

I'm not looking forward to this chapter much but here it go! Hope its ok that i post a bit more each time now.

Chapter 6 Part 1
Chapter 6 Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)