• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto General Mon Folded (HeartGold nuzcomic)

Thread Description
Rerun. Chapter 6.1-2 (May 24th)

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Bugsy is a baby and i love him. >w< I love how quirky he is, just standing around doing his little salesman pitch to get anyone to come to his gym. I like the hustle kid!

Not gonna lie those roasted slowpoke tails look pretty tasty.

I burst out laughing when Em was practically sitting on the ground with her eyes closed while climbing down the ladder. I feel like i've done that exact thing before on the playgrounds back in elementary school. Harry is so patient XD

I like the explination of why the bad guy always has these weak pokemon. It also kinda shows how little they care about their pokemon that they cant even tell which pokes are in which balls. i bet they just have bins of them and just grab them when needed, like tools. Kick their butts Em!

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
shey/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure she's French
I still love everything about thiiis
Like, that Em afraid of heights moment, the guards, getting the wrong Pokémon! That "Sucks to be you!" was amazing xD
And I can't wait to see what the message means this time.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I love that feeling of anticipation that comes from character's near missing like at the beginning of this page. It just makes you reach at the screen and say "hey no please turn around!" And haha, poor Em having to climb down into the well. Can't lie though, it's a big mood.

Unsurprisingly I love the battle with "those team rocket guys" too. I like that Em seems to feel confident in battling them after seeing how poorly they work together. Like "yeah okay I can handle these dorks!" But that cliffhanger! D': Poison is so scary in Nuzlockes cause u never know if the trainer has an antidote or can make it to a center in time, so even the chance of our Ellis getting poisoned is scary as heck!

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Rereading this is such a treat! Not just because it's a great comic, but I can also be on the lookout for the cute little details you often put in the background of your panels, like Emilia's Pokémon clowning around.

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Kadew Right?? Haha, I feel they were a bit more competent when they actually followed orders but when they’re together they just become magnetons (the meme with the brains fusing but they don’t become smarter LOL)

@Zero he’s a good boi, so silly XD Omg yeah, they totally have some cardboard boxes with poke balls in them, written with marker “evolved” “less evolved” sjfksf

@Rubombee Haha I’m glad you enjoy the dumb guards! XD

@Tailsimp I’m glad for that! Haha its definitely a relief knowing that Ellis survived seeing all these battles with Ellis getting hurt. He was a pretty tough bean!

@QuietGuardian Thank you!! I’m glad you find the rereading enjoyable~

Part 3.3

Bugsy's Weedle is probably my favorite part about this one haha, playing along with the entire thing

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
the weedle is pretty great, but my favorit part is elis holding his little snoot after getting hit. >w< so cute!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
I still can't get over how smol Ellis was back then...

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
shey/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
"the secret will stay here with you!!" yep right totally
and! i! love! that! arcanine!! rawr :D
every time anyone's eyes get round the expressions are amazing! xD oml marble!!
also, yay bugsy finally gets someone to visit his totally-not-a-gym bug house :3

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
So this is the first time we've really seen Em stressed in battle, but it was good to see she could keep her calm and pull through, but also realize she may have pushed Ellis too hard at the same time. It's really nice to see her comforting him as she gets him the antidote. And I really like that Ellis is tired the rest of the strip; since he's normally so full of energy, it shows that fight took a lot out of him without the need of lasting physical damage.

Also it's small, but I like the little reminder that, oh yeah, Harry is a champion level trainer lol. I know we were told, but it's cool to be shown.

And Bugsy and Weedle both looking at Em with puppy dog eyes is so cute! The way their expressions match through the whole thing is so cute, and always made me think they must get along really well if they're so in-sync.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Gosh everything about every panel Bugsy is on is great, I love so much what you did to his character. But the single panel that first got my heart on this page is the rocket grunt with his koffing tucked under his arm like a piece of luggage. You do such good interaction between pokemon and other characters, it's a delight and probably a subconscious inspiration of mine.

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Zero Thanks! I’m glad you liked that little part about Ellis too, tiny silly gator pup haha

@Dee: Same! He was so tiny jdhfs

@Rubombee: I remember being really proud of that arcanine panel XD
And thank you! Happy Bugsy hahah

@Tailsimp: ahh thank you! Glad the details show ;u;/ also I always imagined the weedle being a Pokemon he had since little so they are perfectly in sync haha!

@Kadew: Hahah I’m glad, I’m such a sucker for details like that koffing luggage, it takes such little effort and adds so much! I’m happy it’s been inspiring you~

Part 3.4

Gym battle! I was very happy with this one i remember, especially the motion lines/movements.

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
shey/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
DAMN those drawing skills! You managed to make this so dynamic with only rectangular panels!
About the battle, thank you for not leaving on a cliffhanger :'D
And I'm happy Bugsy finally got a challenger :3
(also, choco and the scyther are gorgeous efljkfvnjlekfnk)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
choco is a good bird! such a very good bird! there are so many other things to love on this page but i have eyes only for this bird at the moment

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Bugsy, if you're gonna whoosh your challengers through a bush, then at least give them some goggles XD

It's cool to see Choco step up to the task when Em finds herself in a bit of a pinch. And I like that you tied it into the training they did at sprout tower. Gives a strong sense of continuity for Choco's growth. Gosh, choco's nervous face when seeing that Scyther and looking to Em for instruction ;;m;; It really does show the faith Choco has for her though. Even at it's toughest, Choco still had faith in her trainer to get her through it! And it paid off! Choco was able to beat a really tough opponent! (Though Em don't look so surprised Choco could do it lmao!)

I really love the pacing of the Quick-Attack showdown at the end. Forgive me, as I'm not as well versed in discussing art, so I can't break it down as well as I can other subjects, but the art and each beat in the sequence just felt so right; and it all came together in such a satisfying way. (I especially love the rough landing from Scyther. It felt rough, but not awful.) Sorry I can't expand more, it's really well done and a delight to read~

One more gym down! Em is making her way towards the big leagues one badge at a time!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Rubombee aaa thanks!;;; i'm happy to hear that! Im really glad how it turned out lol, i definitely started putting some more effort into things lol.

@Kadew Thanks! <3 Choco is s good little birb i can agree with that,

@Tailsimp aa thank you! Choco turned out such sweet character by accident im glad it shows haha. And no worries, everything you said makes perfect sense!~ I think i tried to imagine/remember some of the old anime episodes for the pacing. I'm happy it worked <3

Part 3.5

Chapter end, next one is dedicated to all of you Silver fans out there.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Choco continues being a good bird. And gosh I love this universe of fools. Em says have you tried labelling your gym as a gym and Bugsy goes huh i never thought of that. Amazing. Rereading this comic is such a pleasure.

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
shey/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
that evolution at the beginning!!! aaa! The pacing of it, Em's reaction, it just felt so good!!
d'aww that look Choco gave Em, so sweet ;w;
I'm just glad how that was a fun battle and both sides are happy :D It fits well into your narrative! look at me, using fancy words
Also, yay for taking advice like immediately xD
aaand thes letters keep on being absolute mysteries :squint:

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Kadew I love the fools too! For some reason i like writing fools... maybe i take inspiration of myself lol.
@Rubombee Thank yoooou <3 glad you think so! haha damn those mysterious letters

Whoops, my mind's been kinda all over the place; anyway here's finally the next chapter! I'll leave the next two strips here. It's the Silver chapter haha.

Chapter Cover

Part 4.1

Part 4.2

Reactions: Dee

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
It may be a little cheesy, but I love the shot of Em and Silver sliding backwards into battle positions.

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
shey/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
HERE I COME I HOPE I'M NOT TOO LATE

i am hmmmmmmming at that cover 👀👀👀

aww ellis be smol :'3
silver time!!! also i love the little hints of of blue in those backgrounds!
silver explain the whole story plz
EM PLZ CHIKORITA PROBABLY JUST EVOLVED
but omg theyre all so cute with their little arms awwwww
aaaaaaa the electricity effects and gastly look so goooood

silver's hair smoking XD
I CALLED IT. evolutionnn
D: why bayleef sad :(
SILVER WITH A SERIOUS FACE AND MESSY HAIR AT THE SAME TIME IS BEST SILVER
ellis what are you doinggg (and don't think i haven't noticed baby togepi)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)