• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Comic Johto General Mon Folded (HeartGold nuzcomic)

Thread Description
Rerun. Chapter 4.3 (October 16th)

nefferinthia

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 21, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
I stumbled upon this thread maybe a week ago and have binged the entire comic since, as I'd never read it before. It's so incredibly charming and inspirational to me for making my own Nuzlocke comic. I especially commend the characterisation of everyone, the humans and Pokemon alike. It's quite interesting how well you made them come across without having them speak. I love the heart-warming tone of it despite everything that happens and as other have mentioned, your Silver is precious. I'll definitely be on the lookout for your other comics from now on!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Zero MEEP! Aw thanks, and you’re absolutely right! It’s the beauty of experimenting, its so neat to see people try different things!

@Dee Thank you ;u; glad you think so

@Rubombee Haha thanks! the shiny hair makes me laugh for some reason, I remember being very proud of how it turned out lol

@Spectacles Aww thanks! Thank you for the lovely comment~ That is also a big compliment, gosh;;; can’t wait to get to him again while reposting.

@Funen1 Glad it was enjoyable! XD Mareep was so much fun to draw, too

@Kadew Haha, lucky to be electric type, I was so happy to catch him. Totally not because I love sheep so much.

@nefferinthia ahhh thank you so much! I’m really happy you enjoyed reading it ;u; and especially nice to hear it helped to inspire you. thats like one of the best compliments one can get. Have fun with your own comic too!

Part 2.5

Mostly some story stuff going on here. Also lots of people were wondering what pokemon Harry used to fly off, the answer is Noivern haha

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Emi your handwriting is so neat ToT

I love that you gave Harry pokemon from different regions. i love seeing that in older runs!

Haha, Harry get back here and just give us the exposition! Tho considering his landing last time, he probably didnt want to try landing that thing again after just taking off XD it must be an effort to get off of the ground.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure she's French
I love how you make such expressive faces with just a few lines! (And also it makes everyone cute. xD)
I also love the whole scene with Falkner! With "piece of fluff" and BOOP x)

SayleeK

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Oh hey! Since Folded has moved over, let me say how much I love this goddamn adorable piece of work! All the characters are SO good and I gotta say your Silver especially is one of my favourite Silvers I've ever read. Your colour pages are utterly gorgeous, too. I'll have to give this a reread soon!

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Yo! I just realized something. Detective pikachu's partner is Harry Goodman. The movie has a redhead with a pony tail who has a psyduck, so she could be a misty stand in. Since there's a misty stand in, maybe harry goodman is an ash/red stand in with his pikachu partner. Harry is Red. HARRY IS RED. EH HEH HE HEHUUHUHUHUUEHEE HEHE

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Gosh dang this comic just gives me good feels. Falkner ending up so chill with the collapse and happy that marble got a new trainer, even with all his fake bluster which just makes it even more charming. The chitchat between Em and Harry, just chill and friendly. The Elis and Marble in that 4th from last panel just, interacting cutely. I love folded so much!!!

Rhema

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
I’m just popping in to say I am in LOVE with your art style. Holy smokes. I honestly don’t like reading most comics (prefer storylockes or written logs) but your cover page literally made me gasp. It’s so damn pretty. I will be taking a look at the comic as a whole soon and letcha know my thoughts! Congrats, you’ve converted me.

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Zero ajsfh Thanks ;u; Ahah thankfully Harry doesn't want to come back when the camera can go TO HIM!
Also that was the greatest theory i have ever received regarding anything in this comic lmao

@Rubombee Thank you! lolol lines have a lot of power!

@SayleeK Thank you so much ksddjgh i always loved reading your thoughtful comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed it~

@Kadew haha falkner is such a fun character i wish i could've drawn more of him! i had a lot of headcanons for him too lol. thanks kadew~

@Rhema Hey! I really appreciate your lovely comments on this cover~ i'm glad that you like the artstyle! it's not really my usual artstyle, since its more simplistic than what i usually draw (and it was a long time ago too!), but its good to know its enjoyable;<3 wow!

Part 2.6

Here we follow Harry somewhere?? and here comes the Lance... hahaha

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
wow it was team rocket who would've thought *cough*
also :0 sounds like harry was traveling with red and blue
and that dragonite!! i love them they are so cute

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works., this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
I love that lazy Dragonite... big mood

And Ellis is so cute in this page!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I let myself fall behind again! I hope you don't mind another large comment! I'll put under a spoiler this time so it doesn't take up to much room.
2-3:
I really love your little touch of having Joey be so fixated on manners. It's childish but in a really endearing way, and gives a unique touch to his character. I also like that Em is able to find the answer to the riddle specifically because she took the time to help someone else. It's a personal bias, but gosh I love when that happens. Also you gotta give Silver some credit for those quick reflexes for diving into the bush. I always assume that the Gym Leaders are somewhat recognizable to trainers, so Em's mix up still rings to me as the mistake of a newbie, and like I mentioned before I love this characterization of her. She's just! Such a fun character! And this is why I really looked forward to seeing how she would improve my first read-through.

I wanted to note here, I really love how you tackle backgrounds. They're not always well defined, which helps the characters pop, but I always feel like I have a good sense of where a character is. You were able to strike a really nice balance.

2-4:
Aww the opening conversation is really sweet. I like how much Em respects pokemon, seemingly not wanting to catch a mareep who is waiting for someone, as well as offering to help it find its trainer. And the conversation isn't just good for connecting these two, but gives us a nice taste of a look at Em's current feelings about her family. It's overall just a really well written moment. And it's rewarded really nicely when mareep chooses to fight for her. (Also Em flinching at mareep's power is fantastic lol)

Also gotta appreciate Harry's timing. He always drops in at just the right moment. (RIP his back though)

2-5:
"I knew I should have fixed this thing" kahfdkhalfh YOU THINK FALKNER OMG WHAT A SAFETY HAZARD! Thank goodness he was okay, enough so to hold himself back and say "you little piece of... fluff" instead of what he probably wanted to say lmao. I really love the way the scene resolves; Falkner takes everything in stride, Em getting the badge and naming Marble, and Marble's face at being a part of the team. It's just really heartwarming, and the kind of moments that I most remember in this comic.

Also gotta give Harry another good long hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2-6
:
Oh god. Here he is. The oddest and most memorable interpretation I've ever seen of Lance. I really love how eccentric you made him. Also, I really like the note that Harry's battles are quite memorable. I know you had already established that he was a champion, but there was something about Lance, with all the challengers he must get, remembering Harry from a few years back that really speaks to his skill. Or at least that's how I always saw it. Also, watching the pokemon interactions at the end of this is always really nice. Ellis flexing while Marble rolls their eyes. And seeing Choco feeling so encouraged by Em is just really really sweet.

Also, "Even the journalists do this better than the dammed cops around here" is a true Pokemon Game mood. Where are the cops during all this?

Dana-chan325

Don't make me get up off this chair
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Gains and loses interests quickly. Overcoming trauma and Trying to be a better person. Used to be a writer, now working on my artistic ability.
I remember reading this back on the forms way back when. But I never knew it was completed! Looks like I'll have some reading to do later.

Dana-chan325

Don't make me get up off this chair
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Gains and loses interests quickly. Overcoming trauma and Trying to be a better person. Used to be a writer, now working on my artistic ability.
Finally finished this and it was a delight to start to finish. Your art style is adorable and the tone managed to stay light-hearted throughout, even during the sad moments. This locke really gives me the feeling of Jhoto and makes me want to boot up my DSi and start a whole new adventure of my own. It really makes me feel like a kid again, which is strange since our protagonist is a woman who just turned 21. I almost never pick Totodile but the adorable way you draw Ellis almost makes me want to change my mind. Not to mention, Silver was a huge standout in this comic. I loved his relationship with Leppa, and his other pokemon, Em and Harry and how he really developed as a character. The overarching mystery is fun. I really like your adaptation of game events. Skipping over characters or battles entirely that weren't important. It really feels like an idealized Jhoto. It was just pure fun from start to finish. Amazing work!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Rubombee Yep! And Dragonites are blessings haha!

@Dee Thank you <3 God Ellis used to be so tiny hahah

@Tailsimp WOOOW your commentary was a joy to read!! omg i swear you keep noticing things in this comic that i never even noticed myself LOL! THank you! I had fun with the dialogue most of the time~ Also yeah Lance was such a i-come-off-goofy-while-trying-to-be-serious guy i'm glad you see him the way you do XD

@Dana-chan325 Ahh thank you so much for reading and im glad you enjoyed it! <3 all of those comments mean a lot to me still even tho its been a while! it's cool to know it still holds up and wow. esp silver who was a really important character to me! im just really glad you liked it! <3

Here's 3rd chapter cover and the next few pages:

Part 3.1

This is that part where people were "WHAT??" about Em's age because everyone thought she was like 10 haha. That's why i drew the prologue to explain her life later. Also, the last panels is what started the chain of dumb insults through the comic, thanks Bugsy, they're the pinnacle of my author career for sure

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
rip that fisherman.
yay evolution!! good job marble :D
and poor bugsy. he just wants someone to check out his gym, doesn't he?

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I am!!! On Time!!!

Man, you know it's been an exciting few days when you totally forget your birthday! I love how instinctively Ellis goes to comfort Em when she's upset. They already seem so close even thought it's only been a few days they've been together. They really feel like a trainer/starter combo that was meant to be!

Oh whoa, evo #1! Look at that big baby! I really like the small touch of Marble noticing something felt different, and Em picking up on Marble's... discomfort? I always love to see trainers that can pick up on little things with their pokemon like that.

And now it's time for best boy! I love how, while most would throw a rock near someone to get their attention away, Silver just nails the person directly on the head X'3 But hey, it worked! Though I gotta say, Silver's not exactly against the best guards.

Also, "floor mop" lmao omg Silver that's right on par with "four-eyes" and I love it so much!

Also also! Yuck slowpoke tail. Glad we'll never see the rando eating that again : )

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Gosh there are too many cute interactions here I can barely pick just one to gush about. Bedhead Em and the forgotten birthday. Marble the Marvelous Mareep, complete with posing. The fisherman just, holding this fainted goldeen upside down. Weird slowpoketail hobo. Silver vs the Guards with No Braincells. And to top it all off, desperate for attention floor mop and the pasta sauce boy. Gosh I love Folded so much.

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Rubombee Yep XD he just wants some challengers poor boy!

@Tailsimp Haha thank you! I totally forgot Marble evolved so quickly, it was a fun moment. Silver's accuracy is on point even if he has things a bit rough lol! Im glad there's no more slowpoke eating either XD

@Kadew Aww thank you, glad you like all the little details! I laughed at the "no braincell guards" that's so accurate hahah.

Here's some more braincelless guards.

Part 3.2

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
♀
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Good gracious I love these dumb and dumber guards, their back and forth is so unthreatening and hilarious. Was this the same level of competence they displayed back in TR's prime, or did the loss of Giovanni mean that they also lost their only source of cognitive functions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)