• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Johto General Mon Folded (HeartGold nuzcomic)

Thread Description
Rerun. Chapter 6.1-2 (May 24th)

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice

Hey! Folded is a Johto based comic about friendships and mostly lighthearted adventures.
The storyline is inspired by the in-game events but other than a basic idea i just kinda came up with rest of the stuff on the go lol.

Comic started: March 14th, 2014
Comic finished: July 16th, 2017
General rules +no buying healing items

You can read the comic from start to finish on Deviantart or Smackjeeves.
I'll link the pages under each cover as i repost them on the thread.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING THERE WITH ME THROUGH THE ENTIRE THING!
Enjoy the rerun!

Extravaganza Awards
2014: Best Rival 🥇 Best Supporting 🥇
2015: Best Pokemon 🥇 Best Overall 🥇
2016: Best Plot 🥈

Last edited:

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi hello! I decided to post this here on this thread from the beginning since it'll be soon two years since I finished it. I felt a bit nostalgic about the new forums so i figured it'd be fun to go through it and maybe comment on some things again. Sorry the early parts might be a bit hard to read otl.

Prologue was drawn afterwards, so there's some leap in quality there. Funniest thing for me is how the very first thing i actually drew for this comic was anime professor Oak lol.

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1.1

Hope you enjoy this with me again (i'll try not to cringe too much looking at it! haha goodness)

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Ah Folded! A comic I havent gotten to yet, but one Ive heard so many good things about. I feel doubly encouraged to read it now, so ill be following along! I love your other comic Chamerion, so im very excited. :3

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh yussssss, Folded is getting a rerun! This comic was one of my biggest inspirations when I set out to make my own comic, time to read it over again and fall in love all over again. Man I'd forgotten the little details of the prologue, and of the ghostly head of dream professor oak haha. Emilia is still as sweet as ever though, and Silver is our favorite dork from the very beginning.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Did someone say Folded rerun!? Sign me the heck up! I'll be next to Kadew falling in love with it all over again! For real, this comic is one of my biggest inspirations, and it's a big part of why I started my own comic. I'm really excited to get a chance to reread it with everyone, since I only found it near the end of its run. Thank you for rerunning it for us!

As for the first actual update~
Your prologue is so good at setting the tone of this work, I forgot you made it later. Its such a warm read, and really cool to look back on from someone who has read the comic to the end. I love the way you made some of the diary entries look smudged, and the way you had her handwriting improve throughout it. Also gosh that anime professor oak lol. I forgot that he's the OG start to your comic lol. That full color drawing at the end of page 1 is such a nice touch. And Ellis is still the cutest toddle ever.

Oh! And before @Zero comes in here, I'd like to make it known that I'm your Silver's #1 fan! Zero has wrongly claimed the title for too long! >3<

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
NO I WILL FIGHT YOU @Tailsimp!

I’m his number one fan! I even have proof!
He’s the best boy and I want him to have the best life and also Emi agrees with me (because I bribed her XD)

Funen1

If you're alive, you can keep moving!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Hey welcome back Emi! The comic is just fine dw lol. It's a great read and has a nice, happy feel to it. I'll certainly be following along again.

On a side note this was also where I got the "no buying healing items" rule for my runs. You've been an inspiration in many different ways. ;)

angryskitty

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's adorable when it stares into the distance and has existential crises. It's difficult to earn its trust.
Oh my goodness, it's been so long since I've read Folded! ; v ; It's so nostalgic reading from the beginning.

The prologue you added in later is a really nice touch and sets up a nice tone for the rest of the comic. I can't wait to experience Folded all over again!

(ellis i love u)

(silver i love u also)

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@MouseWithADinosaurTail
Aa thank you so much! I hope you enjoy reading through this one too~

@Kadew
Its still so cool to hear this has been an inspiration to you! Its gonna be interesting to look back at it bit by bit (and see things like the out of place Oak lol). Hope you have fun reading through it again haha!

@Tailsimp
Aaa thank you so much! Im glad it inspired you, im currently catching up on your comic too ;o; glad you liked the prologue, im def glad i added that later. XD
Also omg ppl fighting over number 1 silver fan spot skjkdkddjkf im just extra happy he is so loved

@Zero
Oh god that drawing XD I laughed so hard when i saw this whole exchange sksksnglf
Im so glad he has such cool FANS

@Funen1
Haha thank you so much! That makes me happy and im glad its been inspiring that way too ;u;b

@angryskitty
Aaa thanks skitty! It really feels like forever since i started (and finished) it already! Hope u have fun reading it again ;u; (yay!)

Here's the next part, where meet our new peeps and eat cake. There's also a very vague lord helix cameo in the kitchen wall because i remember following that back when i drew this. Also silly dialogue lol

Chapter 1.2

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
OwO I forgot how quick the first parts of this comic begin. Ellis is SO CUTE trying to remind Em of her hat! And HARRY! He's so cool! He has the coolest hair : 3
XD Its so cool how silver just starts off like any other silver, and you were able to turn him into the best boy. I think our first impressions of him being a brat in the beginning are so important to how it changes later on!

Your art's improved so much since these early episodes, but your people still have the cutest hands >w<

angryskitty

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's adorable when it stares into the distance and has existential crises. It's difficult to earn its trust.
Ellis is so talented to balance a fork on his snout. ;v; He's so absolutely precious this early on in the comuc!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Zero yeah it seems to go pretty quick! some ppl used to say it's slower than usual which is interesting XD Yay for cool hair and tiny hands! Also yeah silver's a pretty generic kid at first but im glad it's good for all the change :>

@angryskitty thank you! ;u; talented boi! kinda wish i made him do that later on too haha

or Alternative link

Comments about this update: the rival battle attacks look surprisingly good, but then at first glance it looks like Silver's flipping the bird at Em. Actually he's just pointing in unsureness and it'll become more relevant later on lol. Also the GODDAMN POLICE MAN, i keep forgetting that guy exists briefly (and then never again)
Ellis tiniest anger pupper tho.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
is it because he thinks he recognizes her?! how far in advance did you plan that??

I LOVE THE WAY YOU DRAW POKEMON! Ellis’s little front facing snoot is so good! I love Le...Chikorita’s confused face when he’s told to use a move he doesnt know! You somehow made a turn based starter battle look very natural and exciting!

Funen1

If you're alive, you can keep moving!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Yeah the cop in HGSS has to be the most incompetent cop in Johto lol. And the starter battle is as cute as always.

Dingopox

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Flying
Pokédex Entry
Despite being found outside it's Australian home range, wild DIngopox still feeds exclusively on Timtams.
G’day! Thrilled to start your Nuzlocke. I tend to be a stream of consciousness when I binge so I hope you don’t mind.

Your first page is charming, it’s so sweet to read her diary. Her hardships make her that much relatable. Your style is beautiful and delicate. The warm light of the first page is lovely.

I like Emelia’s design, simple but identifiable. Ellis is absolutely adorable! I’m really impressed by the angles you draw him at. I feel so sorry for Chikorita as Ellis looms over them. I’m surprised he doesn’t recognise her.

I’ve always enjoyed your style, beautiful. It’s just the first chapter. I love the art, but I’m hoping to see more of Emelia and Ellis’s personality come out in the next chapters.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Aw man I forgot how quick the start of your comic is! Its nice though; you don't skip the beginning, but you don't dawdle on it either. Which makes sense considering EM is so excited to start her journey!

I do have to disagree that your silver starts out generic tho! The exchange he has with Em really goes a lomg way to establishing him as a character in his own right, and makes him stand out against other interpretations of the character I've seen. His hesitation before saying "wimp", his silly insults, and the silly way he points his finger at Em (I know its for a reason, but still) before running off all go a lomg way in giving him a distinct sillier, younger, and more unsure nature than you usually see with this character. Speaking as his #1 fan, that's part of why I started to like him right away! *cough @Zero cough*

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
alkfhahvbjeksgljrheb TAILS YOU????? okay i do agree the subtle characterizations ARE there just if you werent looking for them maybe you wouldn't pay too close attention to them on a first viewing NOT THAT I SKIPPED PAST THEM ON MY SUBSEQUENT VIEWINGS I DID NOTICE THEM I JSUT DIDNT MENTION IT I SWEAR!!!!! But since I haven't played the games, i just know silver peeps through a window and then makes you battle him, so i figure that seems pretty standard procedure just on that level, so I was like...NYEH!

Haha, aw, i just noticed the panel where Silver turns his head matches the one where Chicorita also turns his head, thats cute >w< I love the way Silver just talks to his pokemon, like, "come on you must do better!" and "try something else!" like he's not just commanding it like a tool he expects it to understand him, what a good kid ;w; reminds me of how he gives commands to his pokemon later on XD *licks lips* was

spelonberry

h-hewwo?? ?
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
I remember this was the first nuzlocke I ever saw/read, although I had no clue what a nuzlocke was at the time. I love it, thanks for posting it again so I can read it again!

Emilianite

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
@Zero I guess i planned that pretty early on, but i'm pretty sure it was something i just improvised here and planned around that later on X'D THANK YOU! Omg can't wait for the parts where I can actually call Silver's pokemon by actual names ksdfghf

@Funen1 That's so true lol. Thank you!

@Dingopox Hey! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks so much, I'm glad you like the style, i also promise it will get a lot better later on. :'>

@Tailsimp Thank you! Omgg this battle of Silver is killing me and i love it X'DD I love you both's analysis on him skjdhksdgd especially since he's my fav too.

@spelonberry Aww thank you ;u; no problem i hope you have a good time rereading it!

Alternative link if that doesn't work: Part 1.4

This is where i started already getting tired of drawing the default outfit lol. I gradually got rid of it. I also had started to come up with some plot things but it wasn't a lot at all, i sorta just went on with random ideas. it's kinda weird to look back and see what i had to work with and cause future me struggles :'D

Also as heads up, I'm updating this here tuesdays and fridays. Can definitely stick to the schedule!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
It's cool to see the beginning again, and see what little seeds you're laying out for the future. Sorry to hear it caused your later self problems though lol.

I forgot how mysterious Harry comes off in the start. A champion level trainer that's in Johto for some reason, and knows the thief's name but doesn't seem to want to explain why, and always has somewhere he needs to run to. He's by no means antagonistic, but he does have you like "hmmmmmm" right from the start. I like the touch of him giving Em her first pokeballs though. It's just such a sweet little thing to help her start her journey after her having to deal with the region's dumbest police officer.

This is where i started already getting tired of drawing the default outfit lol. I gradually got rid of it.
So was that why you got rid of the hat asap? I can't blame you if so, cause I never even bothered with that thing myself lmao

Also I'm glad that you're enjoying me and Zero's battle to be seen as Silver's #1 Fan lol. Especially because we'll be fighting about it for probably the whole re-run X'3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)