• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto Teen Mon Flame of Mystery [FireRed nuzlocke]

Thread Description
A FireRed nuzlocke about strange girl and cute squirtle , and their difficult journey in Kanto region.

Anike469

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Welcome!
This story is about Bertha, a girl from Pallet town, who suddenly started her journey and still doesn't know how difficult the path of a trainer in her region is. Kanto is almost captured by team Rocket, and League is still trying to recover after the champion's death. Will Berta ever be able to become a champion and save the region, or will her childhood enemy, Gary, does it first?

Last edited:

nuclear-smash

big ghost energy
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Ghost, ???
Pokédex Entry
This e-ghost sleeps until every Nintendo Directs. If they don't announce Kid Icarus: Uprising 2: Underworld Boogaloo, then it goes back to sleep.
hell YEA tero's here!!!:love:

SysterSyn

The almighty dingo
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It possesses only one singular braincell, and yet somehow has managed to survive for over 20 years~
Our lord and savior Tero, finally here to bless the new forums with his wisdom and great big eyeballs (O)-v-(O)
Welcome in Anike, it's great to see u here!

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, thank you guys! Yeah, Tero's finally here, and will come back with new page very soon!👀

Bigredlittlewolf

On the corner of happy and sleep depravity
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This user sometimes disappears for weeks on end to finish a single update, then bursts with activity for 30 hours straight.
I saw this and was immediately like "Wait! I know this run!!"

It's good to see you on the forums dude!! I LOVE your squirtle, as I think I've mentioned before. And, being on the forums the ball is now in my court to comment on this run every time it updates!!
Wait, shit, that's a lot of responsibility. Hmm..

Regardless, I'm super pumped to see what you do with this!!

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
I saw this and was immediately like "Wait! I know this run!!"

It's good to see you on the forums dude!! I LOVE your squirtle, as I think I've mentioned before. And, being on the forums the ball is now in my court to comment on this run every time it updates!!
Wait, shit, that's a lot of responsibility. Hmm..

Regardless, I'm super pumped to see what you do with this!!
Hello -hello! : D 👋
Yeah, I'm happy too! On old forums my comic got lost( me too) , so I want to try be active here again!
Thank you again for all good words and commenting my nuzlocke, I'm very grateful for that!
Aaa I will try to show more plot details this year, It's time to show Flame of Mystery in a new way! 😄

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Flame of Mystery came back!
You can read new Page 9 here!
I started a new arc, and I hope you will like it!
This summer I will make more pages , so you can wait new updates! : D

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Stumbled into your comic today! It's got a really cute art so far, I especially love how you draw mankey Tero deserves a shout out as well for being world's derpiest squirtle. I'd love to see you stick with that face when he becomes a blastiose. I'm interested to see what all this nonsense about beedril is,,, mm giant bee scary

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Stumbled into your comic today! It's got a really cute art so far, I especially love how you draw mankey Tero deserves a shout out as well for being world's derpiest squirtle. I'd love to see you stick with that face when he becomes a blastiose. I'm interested to see what all this nonsense about beedril is,,, mm giant bee scary
Thank you!!! I'm really glad to hear all this words! : D
Yes, of course Tero will have the same face all his life,haha!
I just started to show plot in my comic, so later I will explain this.Thanks again for the comment!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh gosh Tero with those big ol' eyes, but on a blastoise... the image is just... too much to even imagine, i think I need to lie down. Should it come to that in the comic I may be reduced to dust in the presence of his glory.

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Oh gosh Tero with those big ol' eyes, but on a blastoise... the image is just... too much to even imagine, i think I need to lie down. Should it come to that in the comic I may be reduced to dust in the presence of his glory.
I didn't try to draw him like Blastoise... This would be interesting to do, thanks for the idea, haha! X D

Elfin Song

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
First and foremost, Tero is a precious bean.

That out of my system, ngl, I had no idea what to expect from this run. The cover and first page both made it look like this was going to be a pretty hot mystery, complete with ~destinies~ and whatnot, and maybe it still will be that, but then second page and BOOM. Smoke ball escape. Followed by several more p fantastic escapes on Bertha's part in lieu of Gary battles. It was great.

But on the other hand, it also has its serious moments, like the entirety of page eight, where we see Gary vowing to become champion (and why he needs to be the next champion/make sure Bertha isn't said next champion), get a glimpse of the backstory for Bertha's mom, and see Nurse Kelly slowly warm up to Bertha herself after a rocky start. This entire page is just ... quiet, in a way, and it shows that the comic knows when to take itself seriously and when not to. (And even the "not to" parts aren't too over-the-top, which makes it easier to buy the not-so-silly parts.)

In short, this is a pretty fun run. It's jokey without being too forceful in its humor, and Bertha herself is a likable character. It should be fun to watch her from here ... and, you know. To figure out what all these red squiggles are.

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
First and foremost, Tero is a precious bean.

That out of my system, ngl, I had no idea what to expect from this run. The cover and first page both made it look like this was going to be a pretty hot mystery, complete with ~destinies~ and whatnot, and maybe it still will be that, but then second page and BOOM. Smoke ball escape. Followed by several more p fantastic escapes on Bertha's part in lieu of Gary battles. It was great.

But on the other hand, it also has its serious moments, like the entirety of page eight, where we see Gary vowing to become champion (and why he needs to be the next champion/make sure Bertha isn't said next champion), get a glimpse of the backstory for Bertha's mom, and see Nurse Kelly slowly warm up to Bertha herself after a rocky start. This entire page is just ... quiet, in a way, and it shows that the comic knows when to take itself seriously and when not to. (And even the "not to" parts aren't too over-the-top, which makes it easier to buy the not-so-silly parts.)

In short, this is a pretty fun run. It's jokey without being too forceful in its humor, and Bertha herself is a likable character. It should be fun to watch her from here ... and, you know. To figure out what all these red squiggles are.
Thank you very much for the comment! It was cool and I'm happy you noticed things which I want to "open more " later! Tbh I can't show my main idea at the beginning, and I need time to do this, so now Flame of Mystery can look strange and unstable. With time it will become a more serious comic, I hope.

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Hello everyone!
Yes, you're right, I came with Flame of Mystery update!
You can read it
here!
This update has 4 parts, and I'll post them every day.
I hope you will like them!

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Flame of Mystery update!
You can read part 2 of page 10 here!

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Flame of Mystery update!
Part 3 is here!
Haha...finally this happened! ; D

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Flame of Mystery update!
Part 4, the last one, here!
I also put some cameos there, you can see them on the fist panel : )

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
"sorry but i really don't care" hahaha

This caterpie is so cute and precious. I love her. I love her wall eyed stare.

Anike469

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
"sorry but i really don't care" hahaha

This caterpie is so cute and precious. I love her. I love her wall eyed stare.
Thank you!! Yeah Connie is cute, esp since he has big eyes, like Tero! (o)v(o)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)