• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fix a Move

Thread Description
Awaiting the return of Return

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
I just recently returned, and I remember one of the most fun things about the old forum was seeing what fans would change to improve the games. Some moves are too exclusive and kind of crap, while others are too OP and need a nerf. What would you change? Here's my ideas.

Egg Bomb: Is now a grass move with 120 base power.

Iron Tail: No longer lowers defense, but has 100% accuracy. It's now steel type single-target earthquake. So many Pokemon want this as coverage but get turned off by miss hax.

Vice Grip: Now a 70 power bug move that traps the target.

Bolt Beak/Fishious Rend: Now have 80% accuracy. Good grief these moves are too strong to have no drawback.

Horn attack: Now a poison type move. Mainly to give the Nidoran line better poison stab early-mid game.

Spike Cannon: Now a water type move. Every user of this move is water type. I can see Cloyster using this now, due to skill link guaranteeing 100 power.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Powder Snow: 20 base power but with a guaranteed freeze chance, so that it’s similar to an ice-type nuzzle. However, since freeze is better than paralysis, it also has 70 accuracy (still good, mind)
Air Slash: 100% accuracy, why isn’t it like this already?
Rock Tomb: 65/100, to set it apart from rock throw just a bit more.
Rock Slide: 90/100, so that rock finally has a drill Peck-esque move. No more flinch chance
Water Pulse: 75/100 so I can finally run it on Togekiss without people making fun of me

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Blaze Kick: Now has 100 accuracy, but no longer has a high crit rate. Also has a much wider distribution, given to almost any Fire type mon that can kick things, hello there Flareon.

Assurance: Now has 70 power and gets a 50% buff if the target has already dealt damage this turn. I understand that the Japanese name implies something along the lines of a double tap, but the animation and English name come off to me as a malicious slap on the back, if that makes any sense.

Pyro Ball: Now has 80 accuracy. That move is way too strong to be 90 accuracy with no other drawback, even if it's a signature move of the starter that was blatantly designed to be the popular one.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
Play Rough: Now 100% accurate. Seriously, its effect is 1/3 as likely to occur as Moonblast's, why can it miss??

Mega Punch: 95 power, 100 accuracy. Now that Return is gone, it acts as the Sludge Wave to Body Slam's Sludge Bomb.

Also for Circle Throw and Dragon Tail, give them perfect accuracy but make them fail if you spam them ala Protect. Randomness is dumb.

OmegaAlphaDelta123

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 24, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
They
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fighting
Phantom Force - Physical
Power: 90, Accuracy: 100, breaks through Protect

Basically the same move as before except that it's a one-turn attack, because the Ghost-type needs more reliable Physical attacks and 90 base power is too low for a two-turn drawback

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)