• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
♂
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Now I can add “Red Robin” to my “List of places I shouldn’t have had an anxiety attack in but did”.

GoGoGogoat

can't wait to monch these promgles
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
he/him/they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Hello, I am a goat. Pleased to meet you.
I just got the first zero on a quiz in my academic career. One of my classes took me on an overnight field trip on Friday and Saturday, cutting off half my weekend. Two of my other classes had substantial assignments due Tuesday and Wednesday, but Yom Kippur starts in a few hours and I won't do schoolwork on the major Jewish holidays, so effectively I had to finish those both by today, and those took up my Sunday and Monday. Thus, I failed to complete the readings for this last class, which gives out pop quizzes on an unpredictable schedule. I got this quiz basically asking me to summarize readings I hadn't done, so I walked up to the professor and said, "I didn't get to these readings, I'm not going to pretend I did," handed the blank sheet back, and then just sat down.

Grad school hell is realizing that (at least so far) I'm unable to keep up with my program's demands, while simultaneously beating myself up for it. I'm also pretty sure I have some undiagnosed mental issue making this even harder (although I've been wondering about that for four fucking years so really this is just piling on more self-doubt, making me ask myself if I'm just a lazy piece of shit, etc). On top of all that, my mom had surgery today, which further drains my capacity to deal with any of this (family reports that everything went well but y'know).

Everything is a clusterfuck and I want to crawl in a hole for a month and ignore everything. But I can't because I have another class in ten minutes. And also the single biggest Jewish holiday of the year is tomorrow, definitely can't skip that.

Bleh.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

Luck will travel, but that's why I've got feet
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Though she often appears sweet and polite, the smell of wrong opinions may cause this pokemon to latch bite.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
♂
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Don’t you just LOVE IT when there’s a power outage at the same as when you get several inches of snow?

SimplyUnknown

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
I just learned something absolutely terrifying about cornflakes that has ruined my morning.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
when you get several inches of snow?
It's early October, so while I know more northerly latitudes exist, this still makes me uncomfortable.

(Jk but yikes. D: Hopefully your heat isn't electric?)

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Despite having worked in retail for 10+ years and regularly complaining about customers, my mom has very quickly become THAT customer. And I'm stuck not being able to say anything because she, basically, can't stand being criticized.

Leaving stuff wherever she is when she decides she doesn't want it, getting mad at a short wait to check out, etc.

Just a bit ago, she wanted me to use expired coupons for her oil change and windshield wiper replacement. I pointed that out, only for her to insist. When I informed her that, quite obviously, no they will not, she got mad and wants off their mailing list.

And it's taking LITERALLY everything I have not to call her out because she's at work at a grocery store and I don't want her taking it out on anyone without realizing it.

Mistee

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 17, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Despite having worked in retail for 10+ years and regularly complaining about customers, my mom has very quickly become THAT customer. And I'm stuck not being able to say anything because she, basically, can't stand being criticized.

Leaving stuff wherever she is when she decides she doesn't want it, getting mad at a short wait to check out, etc.

Just a bit ago, she wanted me to use expired coupons for her oil change and windshield wiper replacement. I pointed that out, only for her to insist. When I informed her that, quite obviously, no they will not, she got mad and wants off their mailing list.

And it's taking LITERALLY everything I have not to call her out because she's at work at a grocery store and I don't want her taking it out on anyone without realizing it.
My dad is the exact same way. :[ I understand your frustration and experience it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)