• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

Aureum

And the gods shall know his name.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Aureums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
I'm so goddamn sick of customers at work thinking I'm a female when I talk to them on the computer/phone. I don't feel like it's malicious-it's mainly because my voice sucks and of course computers/phones make it worse-but it's really damn annoying.
I have a somewhat similar but different problem.

My voice sounds deeper on computers/phones, and I often get mistaken for my older brother or my dad. It‘s not the worst thing, but man does it get old fast.

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
My cat has a special food for her kidneys that she likes but will not eat more than a few bites of if anyone other than me feeds it to her.

Why me feeding it to her makes her finish the whole thing I do not know, but she will really only eat it for me.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I have a somewhat similar but different problem.

My voice sounds deeper on computers/phones, and I often get mistaken for my older brother or my dad. It‘s not the worst thing, but man does it get old fast.
I'll trade you!

I had to stay an extra two hours at work Wednesday because someone quit mid-shift. I was already tired because I didn't sleep very well, but that made it a lot worse x_x

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
I had quite the quite the dream last night.
I don't remember what happened; but when I woke up, I lost my grasp of reality for a moment before I came back to my senses.

That was scary, and I don't know what to do.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
My sleep schedule...This is what I get for trying to go to sleep at 9pm 😭

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Cabbie Alfie is a more reliable trainer than this idiot.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really wish this neighbor would get the hint that nobody in this house is willing to hire his grandson to half-finish mowing our lawn when we have someone who will finish the job for less. I understand you want your kid to make money but knocking on everybody's doors at least once or twice a week to shill him is definitely not doing anybody favors.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I swear, not a single one of my neighbors knows how to cook without setting their smoke detector off. Why am I the only one that apparently knows how to not burn my own food in the entire building? Also I can smell the flame-broiled pizza my downstairs neighbor just cooked. That can't be good lol.

Season

Formally known as White Chaos.
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Grass, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is the Unovan regional form of the Pokémon White Chaos, shrugging the Dark/Psychic typing in favor of a Grass/Poison persona.
Twitter is just disappointing me more and more every day. A few days ago they switched desktop website formats to a bland all-white design that makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Now, come to find out they've ALSO fucked with the order of my tweets on the desktop! I found out while trying to follow some sport updates, and realized the sportsball team I was following *won* their game while I was still reading updates from the 5th inning. The 6th-9th inning updates then came up out of order after that, along with a 2nd inning update I never saw...

WTF Twitter?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE SOCIAL MEDIA SO DAMN HARD TO USE?!
I agree with this so much. They've recently changed the format, at least on my end, where makes it super confusing to tell who is replying to what in the thread. It takes me a good while and some context clues to figure out if the user is replying to the OP or someone else in the thread. I actually came to complain about this on the thread and your old post resonated with me as I was scrolling down.

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
God, yeah, the new Twitter interface is like gargling hot sauce. I can't believe I'm saying this, even as someone who regularly uses the site, but even Tumblr is more intuitive and user-friendly than this. Who's replying to who in this thread? Is this person replying to the comment they're indented from, or the person directly above them? It's like a worse version of the old pyramid-style reblog chains and I genuinely hate it.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
This is why I will never use Twitter :v:

Our air conditioner is trying to go out again...luckily it's not 90+ degrees yet, so it's still bearable, but...

Season

Formally known as White Chaos.
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Grass, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is the Unovan regional form of the Pokémon White Chaos, shrugging the Dark/Psychic typing in favor of a Grass/Poison persona.
This is why I will never use Twitter :v:

Our air conditioner is trying to go out again...luckily it's not 90+ degrees yet, so it's still bearable, but...
Are you going to get it fixed soon? That sounds like a ticking time bomb with summer around the corner.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Are you going to get it fixed soon? That sounds like a ticking time bomb with summer around the corner.
Oh definitely-I would die having to go through summer without AC x_x
Luckily it actually just got fixed a little bit ago.

All of a sudden, my writing muse is super strong and I'm cranking out words really well. The problem is, I also keep having new story ideas that I really want to work on...and I have a whole bunch of other stuff to do as well...

Sirwallaby

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
I'm very seriously considering getting a dog for the first time in my life but I have to wait probably at least two years if not longer to get one (for various matters including getting the dog, a planned move in the near-ish future and being able to properly socialize the dog.)

I've found a breed that I really like and while it's not the best beginning breed I think it's the right choice for me personally. And I'm planning for a puppy over an adult dog (even though that's a lot more work and money, and means a lot more training) because starting with a puppy works better for me than starting with an adult. I'm hoping it all works out and I'm able to get the dog but it's a while out so I'll have to wait and see.

LHarm2007

Nuzlocker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 18, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He, His
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Although normally calm, joyful and slightly clever at school work, when you make him mad he goes crazy. This side never shows online though.
People can be generally just assholes here in the USA. One problem with being a First World country is that with privileges and money, people can start to become entitled assholes. I see it all the time on r/entitledparents.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
For some reason I can only charge my PS4 controller with one of my dozen or so micro USB cables, and it's driving me insane because this one cable is too short to use while playing. Couple that with the ds4's incredibly short battery life and me constantly forgetting to actually charge the darn thing when I'm done playing, and I swear it's a recipe for madness. Seriously, why does the ds4 only last like 4 hours on a charge?!

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
So two days after our AC got fixed, our dryer went out...which is more of an inconvenience than actual misery like the AC being out was, but really? Two things in one week? :cybercrime:

Sirwallaby

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Our tea kettle got burned and the bottom melted (I'm not sure how many tea pots we have killed at this point, but at least the other ones didn't have plastic.) So our house is now filled with toxic smoke rendering the living room/kitchen (and also hallway) not a good place to hang out in and my cat has been sequestered into the bathroom for the foreseeable future to her utter dismay. She's doing her to look and sound utterly miserable to try and get us to let her out since she can't choose how long she has to be in the bathroom and people aren't staying in with her.

My other cat on the other hand cannot be picked up and attempts to bring her into the bathroom so far have not worked. I'm just hoping we can manage to get her in soon and that she'll be okay.
There's also the problem of no spare litterboxes which is not a problem now but given they may be in there for awhile will become one in the future.

Edit:

No longer toxic smoke in the house or even any smell leftover but opening the windows brought in cold and my one big toe looks more out of place than usual. I'm pretty sure I've got some arthritis malforming the joints a little and making the toes ache inside sometimes, and also making it so I can't wear the two pairs of socks I got as a gift because of the way the socks are built.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Did you get all those Chaos Emeralds?
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Suddenly just started making maps for something called a SRB2.
Last month, I learned all of a sudden that two friends I enjoyed being with who were dating...were the same person. The man, which we'll name "A", also had three other alts who I was led to believe were also my good friends - these three alts being older teenagers.

It's been just over a month, but this revelation is still very haunting.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Jesus christ ;;;

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Now more than ever I’m feeling my lack of financial independence and access to transportation. I wanna donate to organizations and go to protests so bad, but for several reasons I’m unable, the biggest reason being that I’m, well, a legal minor. I can’t do much about that besides wait and it’s driving me a little bit crazy.

Edit: A protest in honor of George Floyd is being organized in a small city close to where I live, close enough for me to be able to go and participate :) heck yeah

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)