• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

Alchemy

Au revoir, and thanks for the fish.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice

Oh hey, it's everybody's favorite thread from the old place! It helps to have some sort of healthy venting space for when real life throws us an undesired oof moment out of nowhere, and the relatively high activity of the old thread means it's going to get posted sooner or later. The only thing I could ask is to put anything related to sensitive topics within spoiler tags solely for the consideration of other folks. We cool with that? Okay!
---

I decided to make a Twitter account to follow a lot of artists whose work I enjoy, only for it to get locked as soon as I edited it. The FWP here is that if I wanted it to unlock quickly, I have to link it to a phone number so instead I am now sitting here while waiting for Twitter Support to respond to my help issue because I don't want to link that account to my phone. Which will take several days. At minimum. Plus I have to stay logged out if I want to look at the twitter accounts of those artists too.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
I truly enjoy working in buildings where the absolute masterminds who did the construction work decided that water should run away from the drains.

I especially love being the one who needs to step in and deal with flooding in the toilets.

Really brightens my fucking day. :)

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
@Michelle
that happened to me as well assome other friends as soon as we made twitter accounts. I've tried to google it quick and I never figured out why it was

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Once again I am here at work at 8 in the morning and I am mcfucking dying. Everything around here opens too early and closes too early.

Huntress Wizard

zigzagoon is S-tier and you can't change my mind
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
randomizers are the only way this pokemon can feel alive again
it has been raining for literally 5 days straight here in Cape Cod and i am so very, very over it

my head hurts, i can't sit outside or open my windows, and i can't use my bike

this shit SUCKS

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.

this is much pettier but as someone who thinks primarily in puns, the fact that this was in a thai restaurant and they didn't call it a Mai Thai has my jimmies rustled

Sheepscope

Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She or they
Pokémon Type
Ice, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
One of my coworkers didn't think that daily cleaning on our iPad we use for orders, or mopping the floor with soap (also daily) was common sense, and so argued with my boss that, and I quote, instead of her telling us how to do our jobs in our work chat room, she needed to add to the list of closing procedures.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/she
@Michelle
that happened to me as well assome other friends as soon as we made twitter accounts. I've tried to google it quick and I never figured out why it was
On paper it's because they want a way to make sure you're not making spam accounts, but the side effect is it also gives them increased access to tracking you and whatnot - if they have your phone then they can sync that up with all sorts of relevant information about you. The increased length of time it takes for non-phone linked accounts to be verified is an unfortunate happenstance that is probably completely intentional, because it disincentivizes making an account without linking your phone.

The way that corporations operate today is literally a first world problem, but instead of focusing on that let's talk about something nicer.

Nein's brother volunteered to order pizza on behalf of the family, and was told to not go too crazy with it. I asked to check it over before he finished, but he did not acquiesce.

Predictably, he went way too crazy with it.

We're probably not getting any pizza ordered in again any time soon.

akapolarbear

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
they/he
Pokémon Type
Ice, Normal
i read jim's post and now i want pizza, but it's 11pm and i cannot order out that late. i guess i'll have to settle for a hot pocket instead

surfe

I am SHOPKEEP. I desire ALL RUBLES.
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
Wanting to just throw up over and over because my head doesn't hurt while I'm vomiting is the migraine mood. At least it's over and I managed to get some sleep...

Raverist

when the cute boy looks at you with a smile
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Steel, Tough
So this weekend is the local town's boat festival, an annual event where traditional boats come in and sorta float for the public to admire for a couple of days and the town becomes relevant for said period. It's also a time for every small business to flood the streets with their wares, and for me the first year working at the boatshed and shit.

Good lord was it busy, and gooder lord the fifteen minute overtime spent shooing out the drunks who had swamped in for shelter, spilling their drink on the floor and being generally loud nuisances.

And the best part is I get to do it all over again tomorrow! Someone please euthanise my ability to comprehend joy.

Alchemy

Au revoir, and thanks for the fish.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nothing more fun than being woken up 2 hours after going to sleep by stomping and yelling from the people next door and hearing the f word being thrown around more times than in a movie featuring Samuel Jackson.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/she
I really fucking hate tinnitus. It's a minor concern, all in all, but ever since i started being aware of it i can't stop being hyperaware of it every time it shows up and I fucking HATE it.

Kieran Tasima

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Tripped on my way to the train this morning, so now I get to be in minor pain all day. Also, RIP these pants, you had a good run being worn for cosplay and also for just general class purposes.

Jimcloud

Administrator
Administrator
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/she
literally rip these pants.

anyways scheduling things is hard and getting everything worked out just so is always agonizing

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I literally just got my car detailed and of course I ran through a fucking CLOUD of bugs on the way home that basically made it look like I never got it done. Oh well, at least the interior is nice again...

akapolarbear

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
they/he
Pokémon Type
Ice, Normal
so i fell down the steps a few days ago (on my birthday, actually, what luck) and ended up banging up my thigh pretty good. i thought it'd just be some mild spotty bruising, but NOPE. there is now a solid purple bruise about half the size on my hand on my leg, so. that's fun.

GoGoGogoat

can't wait to monch these promgles
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
he/him/they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Hello, I am a goat. Pleased to meet you.
Lately I've had one of two moods: executive dysfunction or hyperactive completionist. Both produce a lingering feeling of slight dissatisfaction, even though there's not really anything bad happening to me.

SnakeWrangler

Tustom Citle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
eggland's best more like eggland's WORST I swear every time someone here gets a carton from them at least one egg is cracked and others are mysteriously rotten before all the others

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Twitter is just disappointing me more and more every day. A few days ago they switched desktop website formats to a bland all-white design that makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Now, come to find out they've ALSO fucked with the order of my tweets on the desktop! I found out while trying to follow some sport updates, and realized the sportsball team I was following *won* their game while I was still reading updates from the 5th inning. The 6th-9th inning updates then came up out of order after that, along with a 2nd inning update I never saw...

WTF Twitter?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE SOCIAL MEDIA SO DAMN HARD TO USE?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)