• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Fan Game Teen Other Adventure Mon First Summer: A Rijon Adventures Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Last Updated: June 29 [Pg. 42]

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I really adore this page. The flashback at the beginning not only sets a wonderful mood for the rest of the page, but it shows such a good moment between the trio that really helps sell the pain they're in with Camy gone. And later on when Terry says "I never thought she wouldn't be here for this" it hurts so much thanks to that. I know we learned that the three were close before, but this scene does such a good job of showing it.

Art wise, I simply love the colors on this page. The cooler colors of the flashback really contrasts with the warm colors of the evolution scene but both look so freaking nice. The newer, fluffier design looks great on Terry, and the whole sequence of him getting a memory as he evolved looks so cool. Really loose feeling, but really important none-the-less!

The dialogue leading up to the evolution was really interesting to read and informative, but still felt natural for the characters. It only makes sense with a life change like this that they'd be talking about these bigger issues. It was just really good stuff all around.

Speaking of bigger things tho holy moly HE'S FREAKIN' HUGE!!! R.I.P. to any lap he sits on now it's gonna be either fried up or broken. Though, gotta be honest; for a chance to pet that fluff, I'd say it's worth it. I'm happy he got some memories of his father too! It didn't seem like it bothered him too much, but it seems like an old ache that can be put to rest. With everything else they have to deal with, it feels good to see one ache relieved. Really looking forward to when they confront Camy, and she really sees what she missed!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really adore this page. The flashback at the beginning not only sets a wonderful mood for the rest of the page, but it shows such a good moment between the trio that really helps sell the pain they're in with Camy gone. And later on when Terry says "I never thought she wouldn't be here for this" it hurts so much thanks to that. I know we learned that the three were close before, but this scene does such a good job of showing it.

Art wise, I simply love the colors on this page. The cooler colors of the flashback really contrasts with the warm colors of the evolution scene but both look so freaking nice. The newer, fluffier design looks great on Terry, and the whole sequence of him getting a memory as he evolved looks so cool. Really loose feeling, but really important none-the-less!

The dialogue leading up to the evolution was really interesting to read and informative, but still felt natural for the characters. It only makes sense with a life change like this that they'd be talking about these bigger issues. It was just really good stuff all around.

Speaking of bigger things tho holy moly HE'S FREAKIN' HUGE!!! R.I.P. to any lap he sits on now it's gonna be either fried up or broken. Though, gotta be honest; for a chance to pet that fluff, I'd say it's worth it. I'm happy he got some memories of his father too! It didn't seem like it bothered him too much, but it seems like an old ache that can be put to rest. With everything else they have to deal with, it feels good to see one ache relieved. Really looking forward to when they confront Camy, and she really sees what she missed!
Sometimes we can have a little scene to set up for a lot of pain, as a treat.......
Waaah I'm so glad it was effective ;v; This relationship is the motivation behind the entire thing after all, so it's good that the little bits I can show of it are enough to give you a feel.

Thank you so much!! I'm happy to hear colors and the evolution sequence and the new design were good! I wonder what exactly the texture of the fluff is like, the possibilities are endless and wonderful.....
Surprise good memory is good! Choosing an evolution like this is a marker of having developed a strong sense of self, so I figured it would be appropriate to let him access this one long lost building block of his self.

Anything I could answer to the part about seeing Camy again is All Spoilers, so *oscillates halfway to another dimension*

I have cherished this comment that is probably longer than the text on the page in my heart until I could finally reply to it now! Thanks a million!!

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
aaaaaaaa i just want to say i may be on only page 30 but i've just binge-read up until there and i love?? your art??? so much!!!!! the pokemon look so dynamic and fluid and the scenery is amazing, your art shows so much improvement as well, i love it and i am here for it

i also love some of those little touches to the story that just flesh out the world so much - the pidgeot who still wants to hunt, the trainer who wanted a toll for the road, having to ride the Rapidash everywhere - and i love the protag too and all the backstory hints! and now i shall distract myself from my coding course by reading more of this because it's worth it dsljvhgkjfh *dissolves into squeeing*

EDIT: okay page 41 and *aaaaaaaaaa he evolved into flareon he's so cute and fluffy i love him fkjbdgfkhbdgjkhzd* sorry to be so over the top haha i just love flareon

Last edited:

Random-ftw

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 30, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her they them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Look at this fluffy baby!
Also Sara Is ready for swimming !
Now i kinda want to go for a swim xD

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
aaaaaaaa i just want to say i may be on only page 30 but i've just binge-read up until there and i love?? your art??? so much!!!!! the pokemon look so dynamic and fluid and the scenery is amazing, your art shows so much improvement as well, i love it and i am here for it

i also love some of those little touches to the story that just flesh out the world so much - the pidgeot who still wants to hunt, the trainer who wanted a toll for the road, having to ride the Rapidash everywhere - and i love the protag too and all the backstory hints! and now i shall distract myself from my coding course by reading more of this because it's worth it dsljvhgkjfh *dissolves into squeeing*

EDIT: okay page 41 and *aaaaaaaaaa he evolved into flareon he's so cute and fluffy i love him fkjbdgfkhbdgjkhzd* sorry to be so over the top haha i just love flareon
Waaaah this comment is so lovely I'm gonna cry (T▽T)
Thank you so much for liking my art and all the little things!

I'm happy to bring a very large amount of Flareon!!

Look at this fluffy baby!
Also Sara Is ready for swimming !
Now i kinda want to go for a swim xD
Big same. lives vicariously through my characters this summer

More art!!
Didn't think I'd make any new Pride stuff this year, but then I heard of the PMD Pride collab and it had to be done. :V Might do more if make good progress on the page soon, idk.
I'm living for all the events happening at the moment, hell yea!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ohhh this pride art is so cute! The pride scarf is so cute, I love the idea of painting pride flags directly onto the shell so much!!!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry

PAGE 42

In which everyone is a good bean, but especially Nadia.
Ohhh this pride art is so cute! The pride scarf is so cute, I love the idea of painting pride flags directly onto the shell so much!!!
Thank you!! Sometimes u just feel the flags so much that u must become the flags....
I love em so much!
They love u too!!

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Nadia is such a good bean. All of them are good beans. The team dynamic is so good and I just love the scenes of the team walking together, eating together, really shows what a strong bond they all have with one another and it's adorable. The backgrounds on this page are also gorgeous!! I just love the colors and how vibrant they all are.

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
So! I've seen this run around before but never got around to checking it out until now and after binging the whole thing:
1) That improvement tho!!! You've come so far since you first started and that reflects so clearly reading the whole thing in one sitting like this :0 Big goals there, and special props to you for keeping up the work on this after so many years!
2) Some of the jokes in this gfdhjhvfj. Like, the shorts thing had me losing it and not gonna lie that "X grab my Y" meme? A classic. I appreciated seeing that a lot haha
3) The motivation behind Sara's journey??? Gooooooood stuff!!! Very much something that made me go 👀 I'm rooting for these guys even harder knowing the story behind their travels! Yeah girl go save your sister you got this!!!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I really adore all of your background shots in this update. That opening shot by the river is gorgeous, and the large open area in the shot of them all sparing is so good; and together they give a really great sense of the area the team is in. You have a really great way of setting the scene around your characters so I always feel like I know where they are, even in shots where there is limited background shown to us. This is even followed through in the 2 traveling shots down the line, where not only are the actual shots well done but them first traveling in the grass by the river, then reaching a proper bridge makes it feel like them heading closer and closer to a proper town. It's really well done!

Once again your city design is so fun to see come to fruition. I love the distinct feel you given so much of this region, and Castro Valley is no exception! I'm glad everyone got to eat some tourist trap foods too! Despite what everyone says about them, they're usually so popular because they taste good!!! And gosh darnit, this team deserves that!!!

Also, I love Nadia so much. I have a special place in my heart for characters who can accept that things can't go back to the way they were, but things can always get better than they are now- and I feel like that thinking is so so so good for Sara right now. Cause the idea that she'll get her sister back and everything can slide back to the way it was before- like Sara and her sister haven't changed or that their bond hasn't been put through hardship- could be detrimental down the line when it inevitably doesn't happen. But the idea that "no, it won't be the same, but it can be good again- and you all can be happy again" is setting her up much better overall for what would come after she's reunited with her sister. It's just such a good mindset to have. And Nadia saying she would fight for that happiness makes me 😭 if you kill her after this especially before she can evolve I will fall to literal pieces I need you to understand this.

On a final note, this image

brings me so much unadulterated joy thank you for this.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
gotta remember what uncle Iroh said about fire bending
concentrate Pokemon Power on the center of your stomach, and then with a bit of anger puke it out
(nope he did not say anything like the later half)

daaamn I really love the sceneries shot
the whole is always out of their pokeball too!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
And now I've read through this on DA, I popped over here.
I have to say that the comic certainly had some large improvements to it art wise from the beginning, at first I thought Sara was more in her preteens to early teens visually, she really grew into her age as the comic progressed through the years of you working on the comic and art wise. I could see the various improvements from the battles and scenes being somewhat simplistic to more complex and thought out in terms of composition, perspective and setting the mood of the scene.

At the time of writing, there have been no deaths within the comic (on her team anyway) and honestly wouldn't mind if this turns out to be a deathless run (are there any deathless comic runs?) though I've a feeling that at the very least one team member is going to eventually be taken out and feel like it might be Terry at some point, just because they seem like they're being built up to be the most impact and have the most ties with Sara, her sister and her family. (Though that being said, I really hope not, I really enjoy that giant ball of warm fluff)

I also really like the simplicity of the story for the most part, and while the E4 political psychic thing is interesting, I would totally still be satisfied reading about Sara's journey just to try and reconnect with her sister again, her passion just shows through so much that higher stakes aren't needed to keep me interested in her, not to say that they're not at all needed, I just enjoy Sara as a character and her drive to get things done and how the Pokemon of her team have grown throughout the journey as things have grown a bit gradually smoother. Something which interestingly is shown with how rough it is for her to travel at first, keeping all her inner turmoils inside and then, once she shares this, things start to look up a bit more, she gets an easier method to back track, she seems to have a bit more of a handle on the whole traveling thing and has set reasonable and reachable goals now with her party now that they've established better communication between all of them.

Hell, we're just under the half way mark badge wise, I can't wait to see what the rest of the story will bring!

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
So, I finally binged through every page up on DA this weekend, and hoo boy, the first thing that really stands out about this run is that gargantuan amount of improvement it went through. Especially since you've done this while keeping the tone and characters intact through all this time - and that's no small task. I sure can appreciate comics that went from very loose and jokey to more fleshed out, but I just gotta give kudos to this run having that nice thoroughline that makes it pleasant to binge from Page 1.

And I think this is the first run I read that didn't have any deaths thus far, given how often one has that little com mon crit hooplah in the early game. Really, with how engaged I've been and how I'm actually glad to have gotten time to care about the team and each of their individual personalties bouncing off of eachother? (And the black humor of a Pidgeot running on the cat-OS with those kill drops) It speaks for how a Nuzlocke run need not be a meat grinder for there to be stakes and tension - besides, seeing NPCs suffer the consequences for Sara to witness does the job quite fine...with that nice, dramatic undercurrent of: "Of my team could be next if I'm not careful.", which is juuust the right amount of nail biting.

What else? Oh. Backgrounds. The backgrounds! Especially as someone for whom backgrounds have been a massive art bane for the longest time, I just 200% respect all the work you're putting into your environments. That mix of painterly prettiness and the color palette really tickle that immersion - and I feel I can really learn from observation here with how wowed I keep being.

Least to say, this run's got a firm spot on my reading list now and I'm excited to see what's in store next~!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)