• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Fan Game Teen Other Adventure Mon First Summer: A Rijon Adventures Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Last Updated: June 29 [Pg. 42]

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!

But at least we can do something about it.

FIRST SUMMER: A RIJON ADVENTURES NUZLOCKE

Hi I'm Kris and this is my Nuzlocke! It's about the fanmade game Rijon Adventures which takes place in the Rijon region and has Pokémon from Generation 1-3.

This comic has been going for many years, so you're in for a wild ride of witnessing how I learned to draw all the things. My favourite part probably is designing all the places in this region that nobody has ever drawn before. I heard they look pretty good. ;D

THE RULES
  1. Only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in each new area.
  2. If a Pokémon faints, it's dead.
    1. The Eevee has 3 lives. He can only be revived at a Pokémon Center.
  3. Every Pokémon gets nicknamed.
  4. Bullshit Clause: If something really unreasonable happens due to a design flaw in the game (e.g. there's nothing preventing me from running into an area with a sudden 10+ level jump where I wasn't actually supposed to go), I'm allowed to continue with the same team after a wipe.

PAGES
There aren't really any chapters, so I'll split these by Badges. Neat!

DEVIANTART GALLERY

EXTRA ART

Last edited:

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Ohey, your comic's here

Definitely one of my favorites

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Oh hey welcome welcome to the new forum! I'm so excited to see you here! I've watched your run on DA for a long while and have always hoped you would branch out over here. I can't blame you for not wanting to be in OA before, but I'm happy you like the new tagging system to come over~ (Also you were so right to use that rule in your run gosh dang.)

Hope you don't mind me gushing a tad cause I really love your work. Going under spoilers cause it relates to stuff on the newest chapters of DA, and I'll still keep it a bit vague to be extra safe cause I don't want to ruin it for anyone new to your comic!

It's clear how much TLC goes into this comic from it's writing to pacing to art.

The initial mystery is really well done. Despite lasting for awhile it never feels like it's being artificially stretched out. And even when we don't know what Sara is fighting so hard for, we root for her anyway! That can be hard to pull off, but dang did you do it well. And after finding out the reason I find myself only rooting harder for her! Not only am I double invested in her reaching her sister, I'm dying to see what will happen when she gets there.

Meanwhile, all the pokemon and there personalities aren't slacking in the least. Each one feels distinct, and it's a joy to see how they all play off each other. Each has a strong place in the team and the comic and it's gonna hurt like hell if/when we see someone go. (Save maybe that oddish.... I'm... I'm afraid of that oddish ngl.) I'm not just looking forward to seeing where the journey takes Sara, but all of her mon as well!

And your art is so freakin nice on here my goodness. The effort you put into each panel (and especially many of your larger panels) shines through brilliantly from the start. And rereading this comic to see how far you've come from the characters to the background is amazingly impressive and really inspiring! And I'll put money down that you'll only continue to improve from here!

Okay I think that's enough gushing for the moment. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your forum experience as much as we all enjoy having you here~

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh hey, this is over here now! I noticed these pages floating by on deviantart in the nuzlocke groups and the beautiful art caught my eye, so I've been reading since about where you had that high level grass gym fakeout. Glad to see this over here, now I've got big incentive to actually go back and read the rest of the actual run instead of only reading new updates and being mildly confused while I just ram the good art into my eyeballs. Definitely gonna comment again once I do that bingethrough, but for now I'm gonna say I already am sold, your art is good and your writing seems solid, I think it's super cool that you're doing a nuzcomic of a fanmade region, and those mercy rules seem completely valid given that whole high level gym fakeout.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was going to post some new extra art with the replies, but that art is for an event that has been extended by several weeks, so it might still be a while before I can show it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ohey, your comic's here

Definitely one of my favorites
Asgajlskgfjsl! ;A; Being called a favourite is so so nice, thank you so much!!

Oh hey welcome welcome to the new forum! I'm so excited to see you here! I've watched your run on DA for a long while and have always hoped you would branch out over here. I can't blame you for not wanting to be in OA before, but I'm happy you like the new tagging system to come over~ (Also you were so right to use that rule in your run gosh dang.)

Hope you don't mind me gushing a tad cause I really love your work. Going under spoilers cause it relates to stuff on the newest chapters of DA, and I'll still keep it a bit vague to be extra safe cause I don't want to ruin it for anyone new to your comic!

It's clear how much TLC goes into this comic from it's writing to pacing to art.

The initial mystery is really well done. Despite lasting for awhile it never feels like it's being artificially stretched out. And even when we don't know what Sara is fighting so hard for, we root for her anyway! That can be hard to pull off, but dang did you do it well. And after finding out the reason I find myself only rooting harder for her! Not only am I double invested in her reaching her sister, I'm dying to see what will happen when she gets there.

Meanwhile, all the pokemon and there personalities aren't slacking in the least. Each one feels distinct, and it's a joy to see how they all play off each other. Each has a strong place in the team and the comic and it's gonna hurt like hell if/when we see someone go. (Save maybe that oddish.... I'm... I'm afraid of that oddish ngl.) I'm not just looking forward to seeing where the journey takes Sara, but all of her mon as well!

And your art is so freakin nice on here my goodness. The effort you put into each panel (and especially many of your larger panels) shines through brilliantly from the start. And rereading this comic to see how far you've come from the characters to the background is amazingly impressive and really inspiring! And I'll put money down that you'll only continue to improve from here!

Okay I think that's enough gushing for the moment. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your forum experience as much as we all enjoy having you here~
I'm crying and will cherish this comment literally forever, you having taken the time to write so much stuff about my stuff makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy ;v;

Yea this is the best forum I've ever seen and the new categorization system is really fair. I will try my best to be active soon fdsglks

If I had started over and over again until getting a nice run to make into a comic without using that rule, maybe it would have been good too. But we will never know! I just know I'm happy with the characters we have now. And it's so nice to hear that they're all good and have enough substance! The pace of the comic is rather fast compared to other serious-ish Nuzlockes, so I sometimes worry that there might not be enough room to get into so many characters. Shhh, the Oddish might have too much power, but his heart is good!

Thanks so much for the compliments on the plot and the art too! <3 Honestly I can't wait to see what happens at the end either - I have something solid now, but it's still so far off that I might have a better idea by then. That wouldn't be the first time during the run of this comic. :'D

Oh hey, this is over here now! I noticed these pages floating by on deviantart in the nuzlocke groups and the beautiful art caught my eye, so I've been reading since about where you had that high level grass gym fakeout. Glad to see this over here, now I've got big incentive to actually go back and read the rest of the actual run instead of only reading new updates and being mildly confused while I just ram the good art into my eyeballs. Definitely gonna comment again once I do that bingethrough, but for now I'm gonna say I already am sold, your art is good and your writing seems solid, I think it's super cool that you're doing a nuzcomic of a fanmade region, and those mercy rules seem completely valid given that whole high level gym fakeout.
Ahhh oh gosh, I'm so honored that it was the art that got you interested in this, I'm a big fan of your art ;v; Hope you'll enjoy the story too!
I wish there were more Nuz comics about fanmade regions, I know exactly one other that is still active. Not having dozens of comics about the same game to inevitably compare yourself to is freeing and more people should try it. :V

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry

PAGE 38

In which Pilot misses a battle for an important bonding moment, someone gets saved from being mauled, and there is also a lot of sky.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Time to get some work done- *alert for new First Summer page* -at a later date!

First off I really love what you did for Jaeru plains! It's much more interesting than just leaving it another grassy route. Sorry to hear it was so much harder to draw though. And may I say, as someone who lives in an actual desert with actual tumbleweeds, I feel Tilda on a spiritual level. On the same note, seeing a fire attack near all that dried grass also made my heart jump. I half expected Nathan and Pilot to turn around to a fire breaking out lmao.

Speaking of Nathan,
I can't believe the Nathan's Tail is Full of Secrets and Also He's a Hoarder thing from the April Fool's comic is canon now. I blame everyone for not stopping me
bold of you to assume we all haven't just accepted this as cannon since that strip. But either way it led to such a cute little moment between the two~ Speaking of, Benny and Ira's little moment was such a sweet little moment. It's so cool to see how you brought up their past in a way that makes sense, but doesn't dominate the moment. (But also cute moments like this leave me Very Scared for these good babies)

Switching gears, I really love the way you depicted that team rocket grunt. Usually TR's cruelty is really overt, but the way they let Donna felt like she was in the clear before attacking her was just so bad in the best way. Leaves me very 👀 for when when things apparently Go Down later on.

And for the final note, your backgrounds are a joy as always~ From the Plains, to the sky over Benny and Ira, to that awesome final shot is just sooooooo good! Your effort into your art always shines through so well. I simply can't wait to see more of Botan city next time!

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
AAAAAA
soo many awesome scenery!
Great job as usual!
Hmm, I am looking forward for your elekid to become strong and do what is just
or just do some revenge

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
I love Halloween!! 🎃🕸👻 So here's some Halloween art!

Sara and Nathan got some Pokémon Go inspired Halloween costumes this year!
I can't believe there is no red hair in Pokémon Go, I wanted to be Sara dressed up as a Squirtle. Now I'm just me dressed up as a Squirtle..... But hell yea Squirtle Squad!! You can get costumed Gen 1 starters during the Halloween event, and Nathan is wearing the Squirtle's costume. He collects candy in the Yamask tophat! It's too adorable! ;A;

:2spooky: :2spooky: :2spooky:
Time to get some work done- *alert for new First Summer page* -at a later date!

First off I really love what you did for Jaeru plains! It's much more interesting than just leaving it another grassy route. Sorry to hear it was so much harder to draw though. And may I say, as someone who lives in an actual desert with actual tumbleweeds, I feel Tilda on a spiritual level. On the same note, seeing a fire attack near all that dried grass also made my heart jump. I half expected Nathan and Pilot to turn around to a fire breaking out lmao.

Speaking of Nathan,
bold of you to assume we all haven't just accepted this as cannon since that strip. But either way it led to such a cute little moment between the two~ Speaking of, Benny and Ira's little moment was such a sweet little moment. It's so cool to see how you brought up their past in a way that makes sense, but doesn't dominate the moment. (But also cute moments like this leave me Very Scared for these good babies)

Switching gears, I really love the way you depicted that team rocket grunt. Usually TR's cruelty is really overt, but the way they let Donna felt like she was in the clear before attacking her was just so bad in the best way. Leaves me very 👀 for when when things apparently Go Down later on.

And for the final note, your backgrounds are a joy as always~ From the Plains, to the sky over Benny and Ira, to that awesome final shot is just sooooooo good! Your effort into your art always shines through so well. I simply can't wait to see more of Botan city next time!
Aww yeah I feel blessed by this seal of approval from a true plains dweller! Responsible as always, Ira quickly put the fire out by covering it with some dirt and the Arcanine's body.

Now you went and made me even more powerful. I don't know how yet, but this level of clownery can definitely be surpassed!
Wellll anyways, I try to give everyone cute moments often, so that it hopefully doesn't become obvious who is in danger and who isn't. Also I Iove them and let them have a good time and I'm blocking out any thoughts about impending deaths because that's still ridiculously far off except it isn't now that I'm making progress

Gotta love hating Team Rocket! There are all kinds of Team Rocket members - some are just there because they like being chaotic, some are nasty but at least loyal to their own, and some ... are like him. Overall, they are quite capable. 👀

Thank you so much, I'm cry!!! This comment has planted 457 trees in and around Botan City!!

AAAAAA
soo many awesome scenery!
Great job as usual!
Hmm, I am looking forward for your elekid to become strong and do what is just
or just do some revenge
Ayyyyy thank you!!
That sounds about right for her new life plan!

Wwarborday

Gradually Becoming Productive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
So.

I binged this yesterday.

1. Holy SHIT, talk about an art upgrade. Oh my god. It was such a fun trip to watch your art get better and better and better. Look at your beautiful backgrounds! The colors! Amazing! Your anatomy got so good! The way your draw Pokemon! It's lovely!!!!

2. The more the story went on, the more I liked it. You mentioned wanting to do something new with psychics, and I think you absolutely blew it out of the water. I LOVE the whole "Cammy" plot, and I think it puts a good ticking clock on the story, while having clear stakes. I'm really eager to see where it goes :D

3. Again, like, your art is so pretty.

4. How do I express, in human words, and not excited gestures, how much I love your goofy Pokemon. They're amazing. Each one has a distinct personality. (And can I just say, I think it's so cute/funny how Nadia gets over Gabriel....) The way you draw Gym battles is really dynamic, and you have a super cool mix of backstory/worldbuilding, without it overwhelming or bloating the story.

5. Oh?? Mina?? Did you mean???My child? ("Oh shit, they killed a human! They killed their Trainer! ZOMBIE!!! why am I like this." Amazing. Good. Perfect. )

6. Your character are expressive, the story is funny and engaging, and it's, just. I like this. I like this a lot. I'm really looking forward to the next update.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry

PAGE 39

This page is about death.
So.

I binged this yesterday.

1. Holy SHIT, talk about an art upgrade. Oh my god. It was such a fun trip to watch your art get better and better and better. Look at your beautiful backgrounds! The colors! Amazing! Your anatomy got so good! The way your draw Pokemon! It's lovely!!!!

2. The more the story went on, the more I liked it. You mentioned wanting to do something new with psychics, and I think you absolutely blew it out of the water. I LOVE the whole "Cammy" plot, and I think it puts a good ticking clock on the story, while having clear stakes. I'm really eager to see where it goes :D

3. Again, like, your art is so pretty.

4. How do I express, in human words, and not excited gestures, how much I love your goofy Pokemon. They're amazing. Each one has a distinct personality. (And can I just say, I think it's so cute/funny how Nadia gets over Gabriel....) The way you draw Gym battles is really dynamic, and you have a super cool mix of backstory/worldbuilding, without it overwhelming or bloating the story.

5. Oh?? Mina?? Did you mean???My child? ("Oh shit, they killed a human! They killed their Trainer! ZOMBIE!!! why am I like this." Amazing. Good. Perfect. )

6. Your character are expressive, the story is funny and engaging, and it's, just. I like this. I like this a lot. I'm really looking forward to the next update.
Hellooo I'm crying forever and my heart is full of joy! This is one of the loveliest comments I've ever gotten, thank you so much!!

Making a comic sure is the fastest way to git gud at drawing! I try to learn something new with every page. ;v;

I'm so glad to hear the plot is good, it was very important to me to give the characters a solid reason for taking all the risks!

Waaah! A Mila appreciator! We can share custody and be proud of her forever since she's always trying her best.

❤❤❤❤❤

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
the art evolution this comic goes through is honestly beyond words!! it's amazing, and this latest page is stunning!! the scenery and the style... (chefs kiss)
the content, too... the dialogue and interactions were great, and i already love loucian so much

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
the art evolution this comic goes through is honestly beyond words!! it's amazing, and this latest page is stunning!! the scenery and the style... (chefs kiss)
the content, too... the dialogue and interactions were great, and i already love loucian so much
Aaaah thank you so much!! I don't know what to say, it's so nice to hear that basically everything on the new page is good ;v;
Loucian brings you one of his collected treasures bc you're kind....

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry

PAGE 40

In which Nathan and Pilot go on an adventure that's only a medium amount of fun and come back, uh, changed.

Also! Thank you so much for awarding me 2nd place in Most Improved in the Extravaganza! I'm very happy and this gives me entirely too much power! c:
Here's a little something I drew for the occasion.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Welp, you scared me there! Glad to see everybody made it out all right. And evolved, too!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
congrats on the ganza wins!! it's really such a treat being able to see how much this comic improved over time, especially now seeing every individual panel is such eye candy! also GEEZE was I scared, especially just from that preview... Happy to see some evolution!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
Welp, you scared me there! Glad to see everybody made it out all right. And evolved, too!
I am glad to be able to cross off „made a scary moment“ on the Nuzlocke checklist of regular requirements. :3c Thank you!!

congrats on the ganza wins!! it's really such a treat being able to see how much this comic improved over time, especially now seeing every individual panel is such eye candy! also GEEZE was I scared, especially just from that preview... Happy to see some evolution!
Waaah thanks so much, hearing that you think so highly of my comic made my day! ;v; <3
me, drawing that panel with my gremlin hands: hehe if this turns out nice, I will have a clickbait hahaha

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I'm a little late but new page new page new page!

First off let me just say that we've only had Belle for 2 minutes but if anything happened to her i would fight everyone in this room and then myself. For real though the way you draw her is so cuuuuute. Sad to see her first impression of the team is them bullying wild pokemon unfairly lmao.

Your action shots all looked really nice as the team paired up to spar. Moving on, I really like the pace of the training sequence over all, but especially Nathan and Pilot. I really like that shot that shows Pilot dodging Water Gun 3 times. The shot of Nathan falling off the cliff is really well done, along with the shot of him running and jumping right before evolving. I'm sorry these 2 evolved in a soul-crushing grinding session, but you managed to make it into a really compelling story for them! I will mourn the loss of that good fluffy tail though.

Thank you for another fantastic update! And congrats on your second place! Seeing this comic improve the way it has over the years has been a delight, and I can't wait to see how much more it will improve as you continue!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
I'm a little late but new page new page new page!

First off let me just say that we've only had Belle for 2 minutes but if anything happened to her i would fight everyone in this room and then myself. For real though the way you draw her is so cuuuuute. Sad to see her first impression of the team is them bullying wild pokemon unfairly lmao.

Your action shots all looked really nice as the team paired up to spar. Moving on, I really like the pace of the training sequence over all, but especially Nathan and Pilot. I really like that shot that shows Pilot dodging Water Gun 3 times. The shot of Nathan falling off the cliff is really well done, along with the shot of him running and jumping right before evolving. I'm sorry these 2 evolved in a soul-crushing grinding session, but you managed to make it into a really compelling story for them! I will mourn the loss of that good fluffy tail though.

Thank you for another fantastic update! And congrats on your second place! Seeing this comic improve the way it has over the years has been a delight, and I can't wait to see how much more it will improve as you continue!
Haha yes I can't believe how adorable Meowth are when you just let them look like a real cat. Belle is completely safe forever in the Box with the other Meowth! ;v; So the only thing left to worry about is her possible harsh judgement of the team's training methods that is capable of breaking everyone's hearts. u_u

Thank you so much for the compliments on the action scenes, and for enjoying Nathan and Pilot's little adventure, and for the awesome comment in general! This is all fuel for more improvement! Yeah!!

Hello I'm here today to announce a little event!

✨✨✨ TERRY'S EVOLUTION RAFFLE ✨✨✨

It's actually happening! Terry will evolve in the next update!! Woo!

What do you think he will be? Guess correctly to enter a raffle and win some cool art from me. ;D

>> Click here to read the journal on dA with the full details! <<

If you don't have a dA account (or just while you're here anyway), you can also participate in the raffle here on the Nuzlocke Forums!
Go to this profile post to leave your guess!
Please do not post your guess in this thread, since that's a bit spammy and probably frowned upon~​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)