• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Finding Your Roots: A Pokemon Omega Ruby Earthlocke

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Welcome to Finding Your Roots! This comic is an Omega Ruby earthlocke that is told in the style of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeons story. Meaning, this is a human-less nuzlocke! We're just starting out, but the story is going to be a lot of fun. I hope you all enjoy it!​
Summary: Cedar the mudkip has always been an outcast, but she never let it get her down. Instead of swimming with her peers, she loves to play in the dirt and mud. She wants to be more connected with her ground-type roots, but her tribe only sees themselves as water-types, and everyone she knows sees earth pokemon as silly and useless. Cedar's hopes of meeting like-minded pokemon seem slim, until the day a mysterious desert egg pops up in her village. Upon setting out to bring the egg home, Cedar will embark on a life-changing journey where she'll meet new friends, face villains and hardship, and find roots she never knew she had. 

Rules:
  • Only the first pokemon encountered on each route can be caught.
  • If a pokemon faints, it is dead.
  • Earthlocke: Only rock, ground, and steel-types can be caught and used on the team. Pokemon that will eventually evolve into an earth type can also be caught and used. Pokemon that are caught as an earth-type but will lose their earth typing upon evolution can never evolve. (Ex. nincada -> ninjask)
  • Dupes clause: There are three chances per route to catch an earth pokemon that has not already been caught. 
  • Dud clause: If an earth pokemon is available to catch on a route, there are unlimited chances to encounter it. 
  • A random egg will be received from another trainer to act as a second starter.
  • Shiny clause: Any shiny can be caught at any time, but can only be used if it is an earth type and is the first encounter on the route.
Update Schedule: This comic updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays! The comic updates at 3pm EDT on Smackjeeves and will update at any time during the day on the Forums and Deviantart. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Book One: Five Thousand Steps

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
The Hoenn and PMD games are my absolute favourites, so I'm loving the idea of combining them! Your artstyle is adorable and I'm really excited to see where you go with this!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Oh this is so cute! I'm always a sucker for unconventional re-telling of nuzlockes. And having your rules catered to suit the story is excellent; I see that ground type rule :3c

I have to ask, though, about the revival rule. It does break one of the standard rules "it faints it dies". We've got a handful of runs that use revival clauses! But it does slot you into Other Adventures instead of FCR. I can slide your thread over with the other OA comic runs, depending on if you wanna keep the rule. Just lemme know!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[quotecyndakip= ]<span class="timespan" title="11:57 AM - Sep 01, 2018">Sep 01, 2018</span>The Hoenn and PMD games are my absolute favourites, so I'm loving the idea of combining them! Your artstyle is adorable and I'm really excited to see where you go with this![/quote]Thank you so much! I'm also a huge Hoenn and PMD fan, so I couldn't resist trying this. I hope you enjoy where the comic goes from here. :D
Bug said:
Oh this is so cute! I'm always a sucker for unconventional re-telling of nuzlockes. And having your rules catered to suit the story is excellent; I see that ground type rule :3c

I have to ask, though, about the revival rule. It does break one of the standard rules "it faints it dies". We've got a handful of runs that use revival clauses! But it does slot you into Other Adventures instead of FCR. I can slide your thread over with the other OA comic runs, depending on if you wanna keep the rule. Just lemme know!
Oh, uh, sorry, I didn't know I was breaking a rule? I know other nuzlockers who post here and use revival rules. It IS still a nuzlocke though, but I'll remove the rule from the original post. I hope you still like the comic anyway!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Oh, it's not like some hardcore rule infraction! Just more of an organizational one. I'll absolutely be following!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Sorry, little late updating here. Chapter 1, page 9 is now out!

D

Darksaphira

Oh my this is absolutely adorable, I love it! Cedar is absolutely cute, I love the worldbuilding already and the style is sweet and aaaaah. 
I do love myself some stories who differ from the usual game story, you can get soooo creative with comics like that. Keep it up^^

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Darksaphira said:
Oh my this is absolutely adorable, I love it! Cedar is absolutely cute, I love the worldbuilding already and the style is sweet and aaaaah. 
I do love myself some stories who differ from the usual game story, you can get soooo creative with comics like that. Keep it up^^
Thank you so much! :D I'm glad you're enjoying it. I hope you like where we go from here on out. 

Vivace

Designated Meganium Defender
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
He/Him (They/Them is fine too)
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fighting, Rock
Pokédex Entry
The Lad Pokemon, Vivace's main powers are photoshop and chatting shit. Manages the unofficial nuzlocke football team.
Seeing Cedar sad is the most heartbreaking thing, even if it's just for a moment! I want to protect her smile, so I'll send positive vibes to you for this run :D

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
;-;/ you go little kip. Hatch that egg.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Vivace said:
Seeing Cedar sad is the most heartbreaking thing, even if it's just for a moment! I want to protect his smile, so I'll send positive vibes to you for this run :D
A small correction, Cedar is a girl! But thank you for the positive vibes. :D We're gonna need it for the delta episode.

S

Spectacles

This is flipping adorable and a fantastic idea. I will be watching. And this is definitely gonna be one of those runs that I reallyyyy don't want to be a nuzlocke because everyone is too adorable to die

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Right on time today. Chapter one, page ten is out! The rival has arrived~

Vivace

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fighting, Rock
Pokédex Entry
The Lad Pokemon, Vivace's main powers are photoshop and chatting shit. Manages the unofficial nuzlocke football team.
Those last two panels are absolute perfection! Briar's become my favourite character so far just like that.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A little FYR update for you!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Updating a little early today!

Vivace

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fighting, Rock
Pokédex Entry
I wonder if the mudkip on the right will come into the story later. Seems he/she isn't so convinced Briar's right. Great update as always!

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Vivace said:
I wonder if the mudkip on the right will come into the story later. Seems he/she isn't so convinced Briar's right. Great update as always!
Thanks, Vivace! :D Your comments are lovely as always. 

And you may have the right idea, keeping an eye on that little spotted kip!

D

Darksaphira

Oooh. Poor Cedar don't let them tell you what you can or can't do. Believe in your dreams! :D 
I kinda love the nodding torchic, I'm not even sure why, but it cracks me up^^

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Darksaphira said:
Oooh. Poor Cedar don't let them tell you what you can or can't do. Believe in your dreams! :D 
I kinda love the nodding torchic, I'm not even sure why, but it cracks me up^^
Heheh, thank you, I'm glad you like them! Torchics are so fun to draw. :D

Also, here is today's update! 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)