• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Written Log Hoenn General Commentary Mon Fifth Time's the charm...Right?

Thread Description
A pokemon Emerald Written Log Nuzlocke cause I don't have enough space for Screenshots

Gengetsu

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 2, 2019
Good morning,Evening,Day or whatever time is it as you are reading is. I am Gengetsu,And today,I am going to do a normal Emerald Written log Nuzlocke. Why Written log?Well,because my cellphone barely has any space to take screenshots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But first...
•Catch the first pokemon you encounter
•Nickname it.
•If it faints,it dies
•Dupes clause so I don't waste 5 encounters on Wurmple or Ziggy. Evolutions are included under this rule as well.
•If I find a shiny,I can catch it AND use it regardless of wether it was the first encounter or not.
With all that said,here comes chapter 1!

I started my Save File, passing throught the same Introduction i saw many,many times...At least is not as long as Gen 7's introduction which was basically half of the game (Still best gen tho). By the time I had to choose my Starter,I went with Treecko. Why,you ask? Easy,he's supposed to be the worst of the three starter for the Hoenn Region...But let's be honest: The three starters are really good for the story,so it's not like it makes much of a difference.

I tried to name him Gavin,but I was stupid and pressed enter too early,so now he's named "Gavi"
After defeating a poochyena along the way, I defeated May thanks to the hax of a Crit,and due to the Exp the Poochyena Gave,my Treecko went up to level 7!
After recieving the Pokedex and the PokeBalls,I had my first encounter,which was...a Level 2 Wurmple.

Not like I could find much else. Named it "Useless" as it was the most fitting name I could think of.
Route 102's Encounter was a Zigzagoon!
Named it "Obstagoon" after the evolution it did not deserve. Seriously, Linoone is pretty good right now...RUBL is good,right?

Route 3's Encounter was a Wurmple,which I skipped cause Dupes Clause...Next encounter was ...*Drum Roll*... Yet another Wurmple. And the third encounter was a :yay::yay:RALTS.:yay::yay:
A male one,but honestly who cares? It's fucking Ralts. Named it "Angel" after a character of the Musical Rent, who sang said Musical's most cheerful song!... Whicj was about Killing a dog by making it jump from a 23rd floor.
Sure,the actions described in this song are awful,but damn if it is not a catchy song
And that's not the only Ralts I found...I found like 3 ralts in 5 minutes. Quite impressive taking into account Ralts' encounter rate is 4%.
Nothing really interesting in Petalburg as always. I had this hunch that the Ralts that Wally was going to encounter was going to be shiny. Don't ask me why,I just felt 100% sure that Wally was going to find a Blue Ralts...To my dissapointment,he found a normal Ralts,maybe next time.
Route 104 Encounter was a Poochyena named Anna(One of my irl dogs,and by far the most territorial of the three).
Now, Petalburg was interesting: Due to dupes clause affecting evos as well, I only had 2 pokemon that counted as first encounter: The all mighty Shroomish, or the example of how unforgiving GF can be, Slakoth. Honestly,I was thinking of maybe accepting Evolutions as first encounters to make it less exploitable,but that didn't matter because the first encounter was Wurmple and then... Slakoth.
:facepalm:
...Hobestly,I got ralts as well so It's not like I have a right to complain. I feel sorry for The slakoth line,really. Honestly I wish they could have an absurdly broken HA like Huge Power or adaptability,they deserve it after enduring so many years with such a garbage ability.
I'll stop here for now,next time I'll take on Roxanne. See ya!​
And thay's chapter 1!
...I was also going to post some gifs representing the pokemom cuaght but I am bumb and I still don't understand how does this Forum even work.
Somebody pls help me
See you all on Sunday!

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
What's wrong with a Male Ralts? I am sure he'll appreciate his long, flowing dress someday 😆

Is there still an NPC in Rustboro that trades Makuhita for Slakoth in emerald? You may consider him if you dont want a sloth

If you want to add sprites, you'll have to link them from another website. I tend to use Pokemon Showdown's sprites ( pokemonshowdown.com/sprites ) but all you need to do is right click the image, hit "copy image address", and in the box as you're making a post, hit the "picture" button and paste in the text box that pops up

Gengetsu

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 2, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nate:Oh no,there's nothing wrong with Male ralts!It's only that it is kinda a meme like Female Machamp. Sadly that NPC asked for my ralts for a Seedot instead ;-;
And thanks for the image Tip!
As for now....

After training all my pokemon to level 8,I decided to take on the Aqua Grunt tgat was bothering the poor Devon Corp Employee...His Poochyena tried to make Obstagoon miss with sand attack three times,but Obstagoon did not miss a single Tackle!Yay Obstagoon! And so,we also get a Great Ball for future captures!Double Yay!
Onto Route 116,we catch...Whismur.

This is dissapointing. Having Whismur as a catch means the Rusturf tunnel encounter is a waste,as no other pokemon other than whismur appear there. But whatever. Named her Ariana after the singer Ariana Grande,since she can reach some high notes.
After that Catch, I decided to train Angel,Obstagoon,Gavi and Zeta the Slakoth...Zeta,however,died in the process.
I feel stupid. This was because of me going turbo mode and neglecting her while training. She died to some stupid level 5 Marill.
Rip Zeta,I wish I could have been a better trainer to exploit your potential despite Truant.
...Not like I had much time to cry,as we had to battle Roxanne
VS
The battle against roxanne went unsurprisingly swiftly. Gavi murdered her whole team with Bullet Seed and Absorb. Roxanne stood no chance
First Badge get!
And alongside the first badge,Gavi also evolved into a Grovyle

Then,we defeated the Aqua Grunt to recover the Devon Goods. Obstagoon gave that Poochyena a lesson yet again. As a reward,we got a Great ball and a PokeGear,not bad!
...Then,we had a Battle against May!
VS

Lotad was no Problem,as it died to 2 Headbutts.
Torchic,on the other hand...
It let Obstagoon into a dangerous range,and then used Focus energy. The problem was,if it was crit,Obstagoon died,and changing was dangerous cause Gabi might die to a crit Ember as well and Angel was weak and slow,so I simply prayed to arceus it was not a crit...
Sadly,Arceus did not answer to my prayers
Rip Obstagoon. Unlike Zeta,you were a big member of my party and you will be relembered....And Unlike Zeta,your death may not be completely because of me being neglective.
Gavi got rid of the torchic with a quick attack,and that was the end of the battle.
With nothing else to do in this part of Hoenn,we go to Dewford. There,we catch an Aron in Granite Cave!I am actually quite happy with this capture

I named her Trixie after the Character from Toy Story 3.
We also catch a Pokemon in Dewford -A Magikarp name Borderline,after the Tier Gyarados is in- and a Tentacool named Urusula. I don't think I have to explain this one.

Once the Letter was Given to Steven,we train a bit and then go directly to Brawly's Gym

VS

This battle went easily,however,it may have ended up badly.
Angel got rid of the Machop with no problem at all,Then Gavi made Brawly waste his potions as Meditite tried to Focus punch and failed. Every. Single. Time. I was considering switching to angel again...But then,Focus Punch would have hurted him badly,so I opted against it.
And then Makuhita. Oh boy,Angel's confusion could only 3HKO sikce he was 3 levels lower than the Makuhita, and since it bulked up, Arm thrust could have actually hurted a lot...But that didn't matter because Angel critted that Makuhita,Killing it swiftly.
Woth the second badge in our hands,we go to Slateport to give the Goods to Captain...Stern I think?Whatever. He was in a Museum infested with Aqua grunts,and once we delivered the goods,two Aqua grunts attacked us...But Trixie got rid of them with ease.
On Route 110,we caught a Plusle!

I named her Lola Bunny,after the love interest of Bugs Bunny.
And after training everyone to level 20 AND Evolving Angel,we face May once more.

VS

This battle was pretty good! Trixie OHKOed the Wingull with a rock tomb,Angel Confused the combusken to death and Ursula won her first 1v1!
And that's it for today...I need to do some serious preparation for the third gym.​
Well,this is it for today!
...Man,wattson scares me,I hope I manage to beat him without many problems...
Bte,thanks once again to Nate for helping me with the images!Check out his Sun written log Egglocke! :D

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
Lucky crit there against Brawly! Wattson definitely looks scary right about now. Maybe whatever you catch on the route between Mauville and Verdanturf will help? There are some Grass types that would at least give you another Electric resist.

Gengetsu

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 2, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nate: I know,right?I fear that might have escalated quickly into Angel's death or even the end of the locke! And yeah,that was my biggest hope for the encounter on that route...
anyways...Part 3 is here!And ooh boy,thid is a BIG one!

Last time,we left on Route 110, so now we venture into Mauville City,and then we walk to Route 111. My biggest hopes was finding a Roselia,as it was good against Wattson since it had good special defense AND resists Electric. However,we instead find and Oddish,which fills a similar role.

Named him Weed cause I am uncreative as hell. As the new member,he required to be trained the most. Fast enough he evolved into a Gloom!

It is also worth noticing that during training Weed managed to tank a +3 Hi Jump Kick from a Meditite,so great job Weed!
Also,Wally was defeated with ease thanks to Trixie!
Now,after everyone was Level 24,we were ready to take on Wattson. His battle was scary for many reasons,most specifically:
•Few Electric resists in my team
•Magneton. It had sonicboom, the pokemon that resisted his Shock waves could barely do anything back other than hit it with Rock Smash
•With bad prediction,Voltorb could take away a teammate with Selfdestruct.
However,I felt like my team was ready. And so,We enter the Gym...

vs

Trixie used Rock tomb after the Voltorb used Shock wave. Turn two,Voltorb self destructed, doing Trixie the gargantuan damage of 6 HP. Angel took advantage of the electrike to use Calm Mind twice before Killing it. With magneton,He kept using Calm minds, surviving thanks to the help of parlyz heals and Super potions. When it reached +6, it 2HKOed Magneton. Then came Manectric,Who somehow survived a +6 Confusion turn 1,in which it used Howl. Turn 2 Manectric used Quick attack, which Angel Tanked and then retaliated with confusion,earning us the Badge.
Next up,I go to Route 111,and I keep smashing the rocks until I find a Geodude with Timid nature, which is basically the worst nature ever for a Geodude.

Named him Peter cause I felt like it. On route 112 we find a Numel, which will definetly br useful against Flannery,who I really fear now. Her name is Vesubius.

On firey path,we Find a Machop!I was wishing for a Torkoal because I always though of it as a cool pokemon,but Machop is not bad at all. Named him Rocky.

Fun fact:There's a musical of Rocky for some reason. I wonder how good it actually is.
Route 113 is Spinda. Not sure why I was expecting Skarmory.

His name is Gary and I will never use it even if he somehow turns out to be my last pokemon alive.
In Fallarbor,I wave our goodbye to Weed for now and I replace him with Rocky. Rocky also gets the exp share now.
On Route 113,our first encounter was a Lotad!

....But then Rocky Critted and Killed it. Dammit Rocky.
Before reaching meteor Falls,I decide to train all my pokemons to level 25 first,including the new memebers which are Peter and Rocky. I think it's worth to notice thay during turbo training Gavi almost dies twice. Once because of Peter's Magnitude in a double battle,and the other time because of another Trainer's Numel. I really should be more careful!
In meteor Falls,we find Team Aqua's rivals,Team Magma,harrasing a poor scientist. We also manage to hear their plams on Mt. Chimney....

We also find a Zubat. His name is Batman.
Before going to Mt Chimney,we train a bit more...And Peter evolves into a Graveler.

With that, our team was prepared to take on Team Magma! We walk our way to Mt Chimney (And we get the HM Strength while we were there),and after defeating a few irrelevant team Magma Members,we take on the big bad Maxie.

VS

Rocky had a harder time than I would have thought taking Mightyena Down. It kept flinching and his Karate Chops were weak, but eventually he KOed it. Trixie,on the other hand, took down golbat with much ease. I got too cocky and sent out Ursula against Camerupt expecting bubblebeam to KO...That stupid Illegal Camerupt survives instead and kills Ursula with a level 6 magnitude.
This was bad. Ursula was my best bet against Flannery.
Angel got rid of the Camerupt in revenge for his fallen teammate. We saved Mt Chimney...But at what cost.
Walking down the jagged pass so I can bury Ursula in the dead box,I find a Spoink!

Named her Ms Piggy. I will only use her if Angel dies,which will hopefully be never.
I take out vesubius to replace Ursula,and I begin training for the 4th Gym. I am terrified of Flannery,let's see what's the most threatening things she can bring:
•Sunny day Overheat used by ANY of her mons is painful
•Torkoal is by far the worst. She has attract,high defenses AND a white her so she can spam overheat twice. Even my resists can take a good chunk out of that.
With the fear I had,I did my best to prepare.
First,I evolved Rocky into a Machoke. He didn't last long as one,as I soon enough made a link trade with myself and evolved both Rocky and Peter.

And during Grinding,I found something really,REALLY good...

That's right,I found a fucking Shiny!I named him Cyrus after one of the most sociopathic villains in all the pokemon games.
Eventually,all of my team reached level 29,and we were ready to take on Flannery. Honestly,I was so scared of her I was fearing this team was not enough. But it's not like I could do much more,so I visit Lavaridge town and I enter the gym...
(And btw,I left Gavi in the box for a bit. He can't do anything to Flannery,so he will rest a bit. Cyrus,who is now a fabulous Crobat,will take his place)

Vs

Needless to say,I overestimated her. Vesubius got rid of Slugma,Numel abd Cameruot who just kept spamming Tackle. Peter had a Minor inconvenence against her Torkoal but that's it. It didn't use Overheat even ONCE. Honestly,I am dissapointed,but whatever,fourth badge obtained.​
Well,that's it!next time,we take on Norman with an extra rule to make things more interesting...

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Calm Mind sweeps are super satisfying, way to go! Congrats on the shiny bat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)