• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kalos Teen Gijinka fault line // x version gijinka wonderlocke

Thread Description
5/14/20 - pages #45-#46

rowantobias

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2020
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
they/ae
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon gushes about its girlfriend for hours on end.
fault be like 'brb'

on a less silly note i LOVE your style so much ive had my eye on this comic for ages!

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
No, don't split the party! You fools!

It's sad that Fault's first thought is to hide her shameful mouth-horn again. Like everyone else, I certainly wonder what's going on here... I suspect that the mystery hand is gonna be less threatening that Mitzi's taking it to be, though. Unless the electricity in the last panel is a literal electrical attack and not an effect to show Mitzi's panic, as I had first assumed... Love Mitzi's terrified expressions, though. You do them so well!

cryptogeists

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
Pokédex Entry
somebody wrote "tender" in the novel's margins, as if to remind about a precious force
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

#37 // #38 // #39 // #40

@violentlydefending mitzi has a tender heart of glass...... she does not handle abandonment well!
@rowantobias aw thank you so much!! ;___;
@songwithnosoul habits are hard to break, and thats something that fault has had ingrained in her for a long time, so its not something shell be giving up any time soon...... the electricity effect was literal, if unintentional on veirens part! and thank you!!

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Fault is strong to carry Mitzi so easily!

I love the expressions! How you do them in general, but especially here. All of Mitzi's teary-eyed faces, the pop-eyed faces in page 39... So expressive. And Veiren's design is great too! No mistaking what he is!

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
ooohh, mitzi is....tiny....
fault is also pretty strong i assume but still!
Veirens is a fun guy and I like him already. Anyone who puns and doesn't pout when they don't get a reaction is a solid A+ in my book.

cryptogeists

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
Pokédex Entry
somebody wrote "tender" in the novel's margins, as if to remind about a precious force

#41 // #42 // #43 // #44

hello everybody! from now on, ill probably be updating this thread once a month as opposed to every other week like usual. ive switched my update schedule to two pages every other week bc the previous schedule is hard to keep up with right now, but hopefully we will be able to return to it sometime in the future!

@songwithnosoul thank you!!! i loveee drawing expressions. im glad veirens design comes across!! electrike was hard to gijinka lmao

@NyanCheetos veiren is a very chill happy guy! his jokes are mostly just for his own benefit at this point haha

fault is deceptively strong! but mitzi is also very light due to a combination of flying-type + being a tiny delicate person in general

Last edited:

Alba Corbina

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
This run has two of my favorite Nuzlocke things! (gijinkas and wonderlockes) I really love the character art.

Last edited:

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Figures that the second Fault actually gets to relax and enjoy having hybrid friends it almost immediately gets ruined by literally tripping over someone.

I like how you draw Santalune! The clean lines and muted palette remind me of the early games. I also like the detail about people wanting smaller teams because of the prize money. It's a good explanation for why so few NPC teams are a full six.

Veiren get! It's interesting that he isn't a Kalos native either. He seems much more comfortable in his skin than Fault; hopefully that means Hoenn is nicer to hybrids than Orre.

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
awe, everyone is buds!! that makes me so happy!
i have been very excited ever since I saw a certain marill's art (sorry i cant remember her name) and have been eagerly awaiting her place in a certain story...excited for the next updates!! :)

Riboo

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Ahhh, you're on the forums as well<3 gotta watch this!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
New teammate! He seems like a chill guy, I'm enjoying to see how this team is shaping up so far. Talking about their various hometowns. I can acutely relate to Fault being wowed by how green everything is when going from living in an arid climate into visiting a place that grows trees naturally.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
The most authentic Electrike from Hoenn. :3c I love how much sense it makes for the Wonderlocke that all kinds of hybrids can be around and not just the ones based on Pokémon who are native to Kalos in the game - they are people, so they can travel all over the world, and of course the big tournament draws participants from everywhere.

cryptogeists

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
Pokédex Entry

#45 // #46

SIKE instead of updates on the forum being out of sync with everywhere else i decided it would just be simple to post updates at the same time lmao. ive recently switched again and dropped the schedule completely, so now pages will be coming out whenever theyre ready. cheers

@Alba Corbina thank you!!! im glad youre enjoying it hehe

@songwithnosoul fault cant catch a break 😔 thankfully, orre is very much an outlier from the rest of the regions; for a number of reasons, most of the hybrids that are born there dont tend to stick around, and its not big in tourism cus its not exactly a very scenic region lmfao

@NyanCheetos thank you!! i am SO excited to have her in the comic finally, shes one of my favorites to draw and to write...... she is Full Of Love

@Riboo ahhhh thank u!! im so excited to see your nuz here too omg

@Kadew fault is very much experiencing culture shock in a lot of ways right now, haha!

@Krisantyne yes!!! kalos is a very very touristy region even before the tournament was happening, so a lot of the people running around werent natives anyway, but the vast majority of participants are from out of the region too (much to the amusement/annoyance of the locals, lmao)

Alba Corbina

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
The new teammate looks entertaining!

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Ha, this new character is fun. Extremely expressive and emotive, endearing design - I especially like the braces! And I can clearly tell they're a Marill too. And obviously there's something suspicious going on with these "guards". Could be a first appearance of your interpretation of the evil team.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
This marill is so immediately endearing, so sunshiny and loud of personality. And that story with the guards, that's super duper sketchy. Can't wait to see more of what's up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)