• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kalos Teen Gijinka fault line // x version gijinka wonderlocke

Thread Description
5/14/20 - pages #45-#46

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Fight! Fight! Don't feel embarassed about giant awesome mouth horns! Fight!

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Oliver's design is great! The paws were really unexpected, at least to me, just because hands aren't a feature that I've seen commonly gijinka-fied to such a degree, but the moment of surprise made the moment better because it matched Fault's surprise that hybrids can just walk around in Kalos without having to hide themselves. It's a cool design choice. And the toe beans are cute. I also like his hat!

cryptogeists

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
Pokédex Entry
somebody wrote "tender" in the novel's margins, as if to remind about a precious force
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

#25 // #26 // #27 // #28

@mizar lkdsgfk understandable, i feel like wonderlockes arent nearly as common as randomized runs lmao

@violentlydefending @Kadew faults got some self image issues, its ok tho 😔 😔 😔

@songwithnosoul wow thank you!! im really glad it had that kind of effect! deciding which traits to inherit from the pokemon theyre inspired by is the best part of designing gjinkas tbh, its really fun to figure out how to make certain changes work and look good at the same time

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
That last panel of #28 is gorgeous! I love Fault’s design. So much.

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Great fight scene! I love the pervading awkwardness on Fault's side, Era's visible confusion when she faceplants straight into Fault without so much as budging her (because she's a steel-type), the way that Fault just sorta swats her away with Fairy Wind (which catches her wings), how poor Mitzi is just crying while she defends herself. The names of the attacks being used like sound effects is a great detail. And those last panels, where Fault takes off the bandages on her mouth thing to bite through Oliver's Overgrow-boosted Vine Whip, is a great moment. And that panel where Oliver crashes into Fault - ooh la la~ Maybe there's something going on there... (Spoilered because I basically just summarized the whole fight scene, hah.)

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
oh hey you're back! I remember when you first posted this comic way back when and remember how excited I was for it :) Now I'm even more excited to keep reading it as you work on it. Also I love the whole hybrid idea for gijinkas! such a cool take on it :)

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Ooh that last panel on page 28 is a beaut. You know a Mawile's getting real when the fanged head comes out.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
this fight scene was such a fun mix of action and humour i LOVED it
and that last panel on page 28 fault you LEGEND

DistortionLocke

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Just binged all 28 pages, and it looks awesome!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I gotta say I always love it when a comic really shows off the bumbling babyhood of early game rival battles. They're trying their best and just falling over one another in awkward meet cute ways and it's a great time to read.

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Mitzi is just so cute ahhhh I love her design~

And I love how useful Fault’s other mouth is, you’re doing some super creative stuff here.

cryptogeists

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
Pokédex Entry
somebody wrote "tender" in the novel's margins, as if to remind about a precious force

#29 // #30 // #31 // #32

and with that, we are officially caught up to fault lines original run! to celebrate, ive uploaded all the original pages into this handy stash folder! enjoy!

(also, im not sure if i forgot to mention it or not, but ive actually put stuff in the extras tab on the op lmao. its got references and a few playlists in it now!)

@pinkshellos thank you so much! she was really fun to design :)

@songwithnosoul WOWZA thank u for such thoughtful commentary!!! im so glad the little nuances im putting in are actually coming across haha :''')

@NyanCheetos thank you!! it was really fun to go back and revisit the earlier pages!

@Dschubba time to get down to Business haha

@violentlydefending thanks!! fight scenes are really really fun to stage, im glad it turned out good lskdjf

@DistortionLocke yayyy welcome to the run! thank you!

@Kadew me too!! its great to explore how two strangers who just met battle together vs opponents who are so caught off guard by their random flailing lkjsdf

@Xita thanks! for as inconvenient it is all the time, theres gotta be Some utility to having a giant mouth on your head lmao

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Huh, it'd been so long since I read the old version, thank you for sharing! It's super neat to see what stayed and what changed between then and now, like that entire prologue that you completely scrapped. The old comic was still good overall, but I can definitely see improvement in both art and storytelling prowess. I'm sure it's got to be extra fun for you to have reached this point, now able to work on completely new content. I know I'm looking forward to it, at the least!

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Nice final blow from Mitzi! I like the "Victory!" and Mitzi's confused reaction to having made it through the fight alive. I'm glad that Oliver complemented Fault's horn-mouth-thing, since it seems to be a source of shame for her. It's endearing how seriously Era takes battling and having lost. I wonder what Oliver meant that it wasn't a "fair" fight... Was he just trying to make Era feel better, or was there really more to the fight than meets the eye? Probably the former, but you never know...

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
oh hell yeah, victory time!! interesting to see oliver not really being all that humble...? (eyes emoji) or maybe i'm wildly misinterpreting that interaction skdljfkd
anyway i love mitzi so much she's so good

holdinglines

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 9, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
i reread and it's cool seeing Oliver when his overgrow ability kicked in, since his flavor text says "hates to lose" and we get to see it

it makes the characters really dynamic, i like it!

satanicswirlix

Government Assigned Towelie Kinnie
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
dude/weed/lmao
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This user's interests change more often than her pantalones. It is unlikely that she'll ever finish making a nuzlocke comic, but she can die trying!
Oh Era, the first stage of grief is denial. ;)

Huh, for someone who hates to lose, Oliver sure is taking this pretty well!

cryptogeists

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
Pokédex Entry

#33 // #34 // #35 // #36

@Kadew thank you!! i really like seeing all the progress ive made since then, it makes me feel a lot less stagnant haha. im very very excited to be getting into the newer parts of the comic!! its fun to finally be showing everyone stuff that i havent posted before (:

@songwithnosoul oliver is a very complicated man...... who knows why he does any of the things he does

@violentlydefending @holdinglines oliver likes to think hes a humble guy, but he definitely does not take failure well lkjsdf thank you!

@satanicswirlix cant lose if you convince yourself it didnt count 😏

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)