• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Kanto Teen Commentary Falkner is a terrible gym leader (but a decent trainer) - a Leaf Green Gymlocke

Thread Description
a counterfeit Falkner is trying to become the new flying type gym leader

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
oooh man, if you can keep gyarados and dragonite until the very end, you shouldn't really have much to worry about.

Sunny in the Valley

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i have been fighting with imgur mobile app this past few days. i am losing

Not true! Your final team is gonna have fire/flying, dragon/flying, water/flying, poison/flying, and normal/flying!
You're right! i didn't realize how much dual typing that i could use in FRLG. my final team should be pretty cool if i still have all of them at Indigo Plateau.

oooh man, if you can keep gyarados and dragonite until the very end, you shouldn't really have much to worry about.
yep, i'll transform from a counterfeit Falkner into a counterfeit Lance! hopefully i can keep both of them until the end

bruh

OHKO

OHKO

dangit why are you so bulky

and another OHKO

bye

why were Silph CO making a tool to see ghosts anyway?

this happened while i was exorcising the channelers

oh noo a ghost

a water dragon thing > ghost

get wrecked

oh.

:smashpc:

fuck you
I didn't know that Koffing already knew selfdestruct. now i am paranoid

yes, yes i will

one of my pokemon died trying to save you damnit

yeah, thanks to me

i want something more than just a thank you

cool

god damnit i really wanted a dodrio too.

also, i didn't know you can use the poke flute outside of waking up Snorlax

i also attack whoever woke me up in a grumpy rage

nice now i can stop catching Magikarps and start catching Gyarados

this happened twice because the game hates me

i also needed cut to grab a few new pokemon, so Chair is gonna be stuck with cut until we get to Fuchsia

route 13 catch

route 14 catch

route 15 cat-... encounter
route 15 encounter

hello there Articuno. I'm gonna kill you later, pls don't go away

and we arrived at Fuchsia! your good rod is kinda redundant now that i have the super rod, but thanks anyway

getting rid of cut

and giving Chair a better fire type move

route 18 encounter

hey same. i always find birds tho

time to grind on the cycling road

do you actually need to ride on the bike in this game to enter the cycling road?

oh nvm i see what the problem is

oops

nice now time to beat up some biker

cool i got a sharp beak

mother of fuck
that was a crit revenge

2 deaths in one update, fun
guess i have to grind somewhere else first then. i also want some more new pokemon so i guess i'll run on over to the safari zone

area 1 catch. i know i didn't write it on the rules in my first post, but i think i have to count the safari zone areas as different places because i'm not sure if i'll have enough pokemon to make the rest of the gym teams and still have enough pokemon to fight the elite four.

area 2 catch

area 3 catch

gross

nice

area 4 encounter. he friggin fled

i still have Surge (3), Koga (4), Sabrina (4), Blaine (4), and Giovanni (5) to beat. i need at least 20 pokemon to fight all of them, and i currently have 11 pokemon in my box. there's 9 area left that i still haven't caught anything yet, which means if i want to enter Indigo Plateau with a full team i cannot let anyone die until the end of the game.

no pressure

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
There's something comedic, yet depressing about your box full of Pidgey, Fearow and Magikarp.

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Okay, I checked your rules, and realized that, no, you cannot use the legendary birds.

FYI, if a gym leader throws three legendaries at me, I'm gonna call bullshit.

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
I'M BACK!

god grinding took a while. i also just took my college entrance exam so fingers crossed

There's something comedic, yet depressing about your box full of Pidgey, Fearow and Magikarp.
yeah i know, so i made the PERFECT TEAM

HELL YEA!

Okay, I checked your rules, and realized that, no, you cannot use the legendary birds.

FYI, if a gym leader throws three legendaries at me, I'm gonna call bullshit.
i probably should try to become a frontier brain if i want to use the legendary birds

a few new catches so i don't forget

god i am tired

after way too long most of my pokemon is now at level 43

and we can finally go beat up Koga

tell that to my team of beefed up birds

hell yea my dude

all of his Koffing have self-destruct which is very scary, so Minnow with the highest defense + intimidate will fight them

Muk!

oh nice

less nice

don't you dare toxic stall you asshole

kay then imma switch

die (pretend it's a screenshot of Muk dying)

i don't like you

Weezing thankfully doesn't have self-destruct/explosion

wing attack barely did a quarter, and of course i get toxiced

switched out

drill peck is really really nice compared to friggin wing attack

at least this wasn't toxic poison

and i won!

yay now i can roll up to Lt. Surge's gym with a flying/water type pokemon!

guess i should do it now yeah

here we go

i do not want to fight any of them, so imma stealth my way to him

i can't avoid this guy sadly

god i wish i can just one shot everything in this gym

torturing my birds

i actually fucked around with a damage calculator to see if i can outspeed and ohko everything. the only one i can ohko is the Pikachu, but i outspeed everyone

i grabbed Lt. Surge's IV and EV from this thread back in the old forum, i can't open the source link though. does anyone have a mirror of that site?

nice

and dead

ohko

so, as long as Raichu doesn't crit, i should be able to tank 1 shock wave

wrong electric move, but i'm not complaining

oh hell no

thank you Spoon

hell yeah my birds can now fly!

bye guys

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I am so sleepy (it's 5 am as I write this comment) and all I can say go birds go!!!!

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
tell that to my team of beefed up birds
Beefy borb

die (pretend it's a screenshot of Muk dying)
I'm not sure what you mean by pretend? That's very clearly a screenshot of the Muk fainting.

i do not want to fight any of them, so imma stealth my way to him
sneak

i actually fucked around with a damage calculator to see if i can outspeed and ohko everything. the only one i can ohko is the Pikachu, but i outspeed everyone
S P E E D Y B O R B

wrong electric move, but i'm not complaining
I just got war flashbacks to grinding for Wattson. God, I spent 90% of that grind with my Pokemon paralyzed.

hell yeah my birds can now fly!
Could-
Could they not before?

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
ayo i'm back!

I am so sleepy (it's 5 am as I write this comment) and all I can say go birds go!!!!
hell yeah, go birds!! ("why are you on this website at 5am" i ask as i post this at midnight)

S P E E D Y B O R B
i thought this read as speedy orb and i was very confused because clearly the Voltorb is the one being outsped here

I just got war flashbacks to grinding for Wattson. God, I spent 90% of that grind with my Pokemon paralyzed.
honestly any gym that could either put you to sleep or paralyze you would 100% be the most annoying gym in the game

Could-
Could they not before?
apparently? maybe they can fly but can't carry me? which is why obviously after fighting Lt. Surge they get strong enough to finally take a 10 year old kid flying

i'm gonna catch a few more Gyarados because i can

since i'm in Viridian i might as well grab one from route 23

technically speaking my encounter in Pallet town was my Charmander

i haven't caught anything in route 21 yet though

them stats (yes i immediately grinded all of them up to level 43 because why not)

time to finally enter the Silph Co

the responsible thing to do as a 10 year old inside of a building that is currently being taken over by a group of terrorist is to call the police.
except its not our phone and we're not the one paying for it, so let's not use it

a very useful move. the only pokemon in my team that can learn it already have it though

beating up literally every single rockets that i found, you?

you saw me in Saffron and somehow guessed that i'll enter the building taken over by a criminal group? not sure what that says about what we did before the game starts

dead

dead x2

dead x3

why do you still have water gun?

dead x4

dead x5

????????????
and you consider yourself not ready? was this just some kind of test to see who'll be fighting Giovanni?? what the hell are you even doing here???????

i... thanks i guess?

sup

sometimes i wonder whether Giovanni is being patronizing here and calling his coercion a "business proposition" or is he being honest and that they are actually doing some kind of illegal dealings together

surprisingly bulky. took 3 hits to KO

a 2 hit KO with surf

OHKO

2 hit KO with brick break

imagine if you're a middle-aged business man and was on your way back home, and suddenly you're accosted by a ten year old who wants to have a pokémon battle. you'd go sure why not, let the kid have fun. and then suddenly the kid throw out gigantic monsters and occasionally an actual god to fight you and you get your ass handed straight back at you and now the kid is forcing you to pay up. now you have to go back home glassy eyed thinking how you're gonna survive till next month since your paycheck has just been taken away by a ten year old.
basically the exact same scenario. except Giovanni isn't exactly an average businessman

bye

don't mention it

ooh, brid?

uh, kinda basically the same thing?

no worries, i'll probably just use it on a Golbat anyway

time to fuck up Saffron gym

win

oh boo. welp now i have to fight Sabrina then.

imma be real with you guys, i think Falkner's gym team is getting worse. i mean, 2 Gyarados?? a single electric type is gonna fuck you up my dude

did that vision told you that you're gonna lose?

BOOM OHKO

very annoying. Sabrina healed Mr. Mime twice before i could finally kill 'em

the pokemon from the wrong gym

and the scary one

oh crap. not only did that thing outsped me, it also set up with calm mind

and of course i couldn't one hit it

motherfucker

the only one that has a higher speed stat than Mast was Sprint by a few points. i didn't want to risk not outspeeding Alakazam so i decided to send out More who have the highest special defense out of all of my still living pokemon

damn that crit

damnit

welp, this is the first time that a pokemon from my gym team died, so i am forced to actually replace it with the closest still living pokemon

thankfully i had a lot of Gyarados

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
them stats (yes i immediately grinded all of them up to level 43 because why not)
Sir, I fear for you.

the responsible thing to do as a 10 year old inside of a building that is currently being taken over by a group of terrorist is to call the police.
except its not our phone and we're not the one paying for it, so let's not use it
Despite mugging every businessman in Kanto, he doesn't have a quarter for the phone.

you saw me in Saffron and somehow guessed that i'll enter the building taken over by a criminal group? not sure what that says about what we did before the game starts
It says that they did a lot of fun things.

imma be real with you guys, i think Falkner's gym team is getting worse. i mean, 2 Gyarados?? a single electric type is gonna fuck you up my dude
Counterpoint: Lt. Surge.

welp, this is the first time that a pokemon from my gym team died, so i am forced to actually replace it with the closest still living pokemon
thankfully i had a lot of Gyarados
How many do you have right now? I'm worried that you could do an entire champion team of just Gyarados.

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oh, oof, I actually sucked in a breath a that crit. That's just unfortunate.

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
Bill offered a ride to a remote island and he made it sound wrong, so expect a lot of sex island jokes. if you're uncomfortable with that stop reading after my little rant on Blaine's ace pokemon, nothing of note happened afterward with the exception of a few new birds that mostly won't be used

Counterpoint: Lt. Surge.
alright fair

How many do you have right now? I'm worried that you could do an entire champion team of just Gyarados.
lmao way too much

Oh, oof, I actually sucked in a breath a that crit. That's just unfortunate.
god i know right? such bullcrap

new route means new bird

truly a marvelous bird

in the ball you go

(ignore her level for now lmao)

second to last cave!

i could've found a higher leveled Golbat which is annoying, but whatever

i am very lost

oh hi there i think i'm just gonna leave for right now see ya

it's genuinely embarrassing how long i was lost in there

i arrive at the the infamous Cinnabar shore and immediately try to duplicate my master ball and rare candy

nah i'm just gonna get my ancient bird

i cackled at "You late." god my sense of humor is screwed

oof, a lot of grinding for him

this place sadly has no flying types

Game Freak, encouraging children to commit dead since uh i'm too lazy to check when pokemon red and blue (fire red and leaf green?) came out

now i'm gonna grind up to level 47 so hold on a second

done. (i forgot to take a screenshot of Zen the Golbat but trust me i also grinded him up and boy is he strong)

this also happened when i was grinding. i never saw this before. so i guess when i finally get my national dex i could immediately evolve Zen never mind i just checked gen 3 national dex, i need at least 60 pokemon caught in my pokedex. boo

a downgraded version of my perfect team! ready to fight Blaine

yep

nope, there's 10 of them in Kanto. Gary motherfuckin' Oak said so

kinda technically? Poliwag to Poliwhirl, Poliwhirl to Poliwrath, and Poliwhirl to Politoed, can you count that as evolving three times? (the answer to the quiz was no)

not unless they've got lightning rod i guess according to Ash's Pikachu

yep

i always answered this question no because of the typo, apparently tm28 contains dig so the typo was just that, a typo

that's cute

get ready to be wrecked by my fake dragons!

ohko

ohko

ohko

not an ohko surprisingly

he still got wrecked tho

i was and still am confused as to why the anime gave Blaine a Magmar as his ace. honestly Blaine have the weirdest team composition in all of his appearance, he's got Arcanine as his ace in gen 1, 3, and 7, Rapidash in gen 2 and 4, and a Magmortar in gen 4 rematch. i'm pretty sure no other gym leader have so many different pokemon as their ace

oh sup Bill

gonna ignore how weird a however old man asking a ten year old to spend time with him

aight i'm out

no thanks

oh you can actually just postpone the Sevii Isles, i didn't know that. that's good, that means i won't have to fight the elite four with only 5 pokemon

congrats my faux-dragons!

my birds will protect me. let's go

...rich guy huh

i have my hands on my pokeball and ready to bust out my birds

oh... phew. no need to fear for my life

sure

the first time i did the Sevii Isle quest i thought i'd meet Steven here

boo

i'd like to say that that sounds like a bad idea, but i've done the exact same thing he suggested irl so that'd be like the pot calling the kettle black

birb

BIG BIRB

moar birbS!

heck yea

nice

exquisite

no thanks

cool story bro

lets be real, most of my catches from here on out won't ever be used so whatever

creative names

no Gyarados here

1. why the crap did you send your child on an errand to a different island, presumably riding the same ferry that i rode?
2. underage sex island joke
3. i am really uncomfortable with the third screenshot

how did you get lost when you didn't even drive(?) the friggin boat what the hell

caught this bird near where the elemental hyper beam tutor is

biker gang time

oh sweet. i don't think i'll put the screenshot of my new birds stats cause most of them won't ever be used anyway this isn't an excuse because i forgot to screenshot the stats, no sirree

yes!

Chair then promptly burned all of them down and their ashes was blown by the breeze

thanks

hell yeah i do

yet another bird

that's mean, i always clean my birds :c

more forest

it... used whirlwind

that is not a bird, therefore it is inferior

no prob bob

thanks daddy

caught more birds and killed non-birds, yeah it was fun

cool, so we're heading back yeah?

nope no thanks

Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I honestly really like the Sevii Islands, and it's a shame they just... stopped existing after FRLG.

Electro

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
I have a feeling I know how you're going to deal with Giovanni (many gyarados.)

Repti

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
I absolutely love seeing all the backups and backups and, did I mention backups? Pidgeys on top of Pidgeys. I bet Oak is just like "What the f*** is this kid doing?"

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Ah yes, a mono flying run of Kanto, aka Pidgey and Spearow everywhere. I would know, I've done this before.
That said, I'm liking this ruleset where you gotta box your team every gym quite a bit, it's pretty creative. Can't wait to see which team you take to the E4!
Also uh, the latter half of Part 7 seems to be broken, none of the images load.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)