• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot Kanto Teen Commentary Falkner is a terrible gym leader (but a decent trainer) - a Leaf Green Gymlocke

Thread Description
a counterfeit Falkner is trying to become the new flying type gym leader

Sunny in the Valley

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
So after a few months of lurking I finally decided to actually post a run.
There is a monolocke variant idea that has been bouncing around in my brain that I wanted to try out, so i'm gonna try to test out how it playing through it. I call it Gymlocke since you basically play through the game as if you're training to become a gym leader, i.e. you make multiple teams to use against trainers with different level of experience
  • Monolocke rules:
    • Faints = dead
    • Catch only the first viable pokémon in each area
      • Pokémon that gains the typing after evolving is allowed
      • no dupes clause
  • Gymlocke rules
    • You can only use a pokémon that already have the chosen type in a gym battle
    • You can only use the same number of pokémon as the gym leader you're facing
    • You can't use a pokémon that have a higher level than the gym leader you're facing
    • The team that you used to fight the gym leader will be permaboxed and designated as a gym pokémon
      • if one of the team member died against the gym leader, it must be replaced as soon as possible with another pokémon of the same species. (if not possible than just use another pokémon that could been used against that gym leader)
  • The run will be over after I beat both the Elite Four and all of the legendary birds

Well then, time to start our run

i'm doing a flying type gymlocke/monolocke, so my name is gonna be Falkner. I was actually planning on giving a story to this run, but then I realized how lazy i am and how terrible my writing skill is. just imagine a cute little story of our dear Falkner is training to take the place of his sick dad as the Violet City gym leader.

I am original.

imagine putting a tv right in the middle of your room. weirdo

typical beginning stuff

well, there's only one pokémon here that will gain a flying type here

my least favorite Kanto starter. (Charizard is overrated and my oversized poisonous lettuce need more love dont at me)

shame that I can't use him for any gym battles until the 5th gym. even then, i probably won't use him in any gym battles at all. i don't want to permabox him, since charizard is one of the few flying type that actually has coverage in this gen

cheater

won't help you though

bye sore loser

thanks

delivery boy is here

i always thought that this thing was just some kind of spikey thing. apparently it's a ledge.

i wonder how high each ledge is. i mean, you can't climb it, so it must be pretty high (or maybe we just suck and can't climb). imagine seeing a ten year old jumping down a cliff. i think that would be funny

only if you saw from on top of the cliff of course. i think it would be pretty messy at the bottom of the cliff. i'd probably be too nauseated to type if i saw the mess that that would leave

delivery boy is here

i won't use it, but thanks

now this is actually useful

time to catch some birds

dammit

crap. that's a bad start

i think i need more pokeballs and maybe some antidote

time for a Spearow i guess

I never noticed how low Spearow's encounter rate here is until i actually need them. i encountered at least a few dozen of other stuff before i met her

i really would've preferred a Pidgey for Brock. sand-attack would be really nice

a chair is just a staircase that is used incorrectly.

please don't

pls
this isn't even a good catching tutorial. the Wally's catching tutorial in RSE was better. now please let me go

would you guys believe me if i said i used to watch every single one of the tutorial here when i first played pokémon? i was a weird kid

time for another bird

whoops i'm bad at screenshotting

i just realized i haven't shown their stats yet, so there you go

i finally found the one chance to beat Brock at Viridian Forest. please no crits

nice

we bully the local kids and coerce them for their money.

not to sound like a high school bully but if you think about the whole taking money from the loser thing, it's really funny.
imagine if you're a middle-aged business man and was on your way back home, and suddenly you're accosted by a ten year old who wants to have a pokémon battle. you'd go sure why not, let the kid have fun. and then suddenly the kid throw out gigantic monsters and occasionally an actual god to fight you and you get your ass handed straight back at you and now the kid is forcing you to pay up. now you have to go back home glassy eyed thinking how you're gonna survive till next month since your paycheck has just been taken away by a ten year old.

y'know, just something to think about

oh and this also happened when i was bullying one of the kid at Viridian Forest

welp, i guess now i've gotta grind. the level limit is 14 and Brock only has 2 pokémon. i'm gonna hope that Butterfree+sand-attack Pidgey would be enough to take down Brock

DistortionLocke

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Charizard is overrated and my oversized poisonous lettuce need more love dont at me
BIG MOOD. I was fine with Charizard until he got two mega evos and a gigantamax form first.

not to sound like a high school bully but if you think about the whole taking money from the loser thing, it's really funny.
imagine if you're a middle-aged business man and was on your way back home, and suddenly you're accosted by a ten year old who wants to have a pokémon battle. you'd go sure why not, let the kid have fun. and then suddenly the kid throw out gigantic monsters and occasionally an actual god to fight you and you get your ass handed straight back at you and now the kid is forcing you to pay up. now you have to go back home glassy eyed thinking how you're gonna survive till next month since your paycheck has just been taken away by a ten year old.
Honestly, I was gonna label the cliff commentary as the best part of this section, but then you hit me with this 🤣

All in all, a fun start! Plus, you’re using my fave Johto gym leader after Morty. Good luck with Brock!

WalkingOnCars

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Flying types represent! One of the first runs I ever did was mono flying in emerald, it was a total blast. Your rules are super interesting too, I've never seen anything like that before. Good luck with brock!

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
how often do this kind of run get updated again? do people like, update these things daily or what

also, forgive the terrible screenshots, i always forget that i need to actually do that if i want to post this run

BIG MOOD. I was fine with Charizard until he got two mega evos and a gigantamax form first.
Yeah honestly if not for the special treatments Gamefreak gave to Charizard I probably would like them more

Honestly, I was gonna label the cliff commentary as the best part of this section, but then you hit me with this 🤣
yeah, pushing the pokémon world logic to its limit (or any game world logic really) gives rise to some of the most absurd and hilarious stuff

Flying types represent! One of the first runs I ever did was mono flying in emerald, it was a total blast. Your rules are super interesting too, I've never seen anything like that before. Good luck with brock!
Hell yeah flying type! I was considering testing out my ruleset on Emerald (with water types though) before I decided on Leaf Green because I actually don't remember if I ever played Nuzlocke through the gen 3 Kanto games so might as well. and yeah, considering my plan for Brock i definitely need those luck

ayy i'm finally done grinding! now it's time to choose the two pokémon i'll be using to fight against Brock

You guys will be staying back for this gym

as i said in the previous part, Crates is definitely my best choice in actually damaging Brock's pokémon, the problem is just that Crates is 4x weak against rock attacks. thankfully, Geodude doesn't have rock tomb, which means Crates should be able to take it down pretty easily. The problem is his Onix. not only is it fast, it also has rock tomb. i can only hope that it misses, which means sand attack hax would be great.

i checked Butterfree's learnset in gen 3, and apparently they don't learn sleep powder until level 15 which is a shame. i decided to stick with poison powder over stun spore so i can whittle down Onix's hp faster if rock tomb hit Crates and I have to use Paperclip against Onix

I wanna fight this guy first though to see how much damage confusion does against a Geodude

or maybe not. a crit OHKO'd a level 10 Geodude, so a confusion should at least does half of its hp? welp gotta roll with it i guess

I switched out to Paperclip to make sure I don't accidentally overlevel Crates

i feel like this could be used as a nice reaction image

sup

not just any rock type, but the rock type

whoops i'm bad at taking screenshots
the first confusion did about half of his hp but the second one failed to kill him. thankfully Brock decided to use defense curl twice giving me a free kill

apparently in gen 1 Brock's Onix doesn't really like attacking. this time around in gen 3 Brock's Onix doesn't like to use rock tomb. we stan pacifist rock snake :kowtow:

i spammed sand attack 6 times. Onix only used rock tomb once the entire time and it misses (i healed up in case rock tomb actually hits, which i am not gonna risk)

finally swapped into crates

uh, my screenshot game needs some work
what happened was a poison powder, and a few confusion to take Onix down.

i am very disappointed in you Brock
you could've said "I took you for granite" but nooo you gotta be all formal and stuff. eh whatever

Rock tomb huh? Aerodactyl could learn it, but i'm pretty sure i could already get rock slide by the time I can use Aerodactyl. maybe I'll give it to Chair

and so, Falkner has built the team he'll use to fight against a challenger who doesn't have any badges yet

imagine having to fight a fully evolved pokémon, that has multiple almost 100% accurate status inflicting move with scary stats for this point in the game to boot, in the first gym.
what a meanie

my current team now that Crates and Paperclip left our team, i'm pretty sure i can get another Spearow on route 3 and there's a free Zubat waiting at Mount Moon. I'm not sure if I should buy the Magikarp though, I mean, i can catch a Magikarp literally anywhere but on the other hand I think the other flying type i can get on route 4 is another Spearow

oh well, i can leave the thinking to future me

WalkingOnCars

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
"I can leave the thinking to future me" God that is such a mood. Also, I'm pretty sure crates and paperclip are a scarier team than falkner's ever had tbh

DistortionLocke

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Congrats on surviving Brock! Sucks that you have to box your ‘mon, though. Keep up the good work!

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
ohhh snap monolockes!! these are super fun, i did monotype run years back in emerald (a water one, too) and enjoyed it a lot. may the rest of your battles go as smoothly as this one!

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
Also, I'm pretty sure crates and paperclip are a scarier team than falkner's ever had tbh
oof. can't argue with that though. sometimes i wonder why did Gamefreak decided to have Falkner have such low leveled pokémon, i mean seriously? level 9?

Congrats on surviving Brock! Sucks that you have to box your ‘mon, though. Keep up the good work!
hey thanks! also, about the good work part... well, i guess you'll see later

ohhh snap monolockes!! these are super fun, i did monotype run years back in emerald (a water one, too) and enjoyed it a lot. may the rest of your battles go as smoothly as this one!
yep, monolocke is great. trying to figure out the best way to have a wide variety of coverage when your pokémon is limited to have the same typing is always fun. and about the smooth battle... well, you'll see

im gonna be honest, i actually don't remember the last time i ran. even if i have to hurry, i prefer just walking/pacing. dunno, i just feel like running in public when you're not exercising feels weird

i was hoping that i'd get another Pidgey to replace Paperclip in my team, but sadly i just got another Spearow. at least its nature is Adamant which is nice

also, this happened on the way to Mount Moon

after some deliberation, i decided that i'd prefer to catch another Spearow next to Cerulean for my route 4 encounter. I'm pretty sure that in Kanto there's a lot of place where i can only encounter stuff if i fished (Cerulean gym, Celadon, S.S. Anne, Fuschia, etc)

there's only 1 possible catch in Mount Moon. the Zubat family line is kinda meh in Fire Red/Leaf Green since they can't evolve into Crobat, but considering they're one of the few flying types here that can learn a grass type move, they can help deal with water/rock types pokémon that the others may have trouble against

no one can use this so im just gonna sell it

i don't think this'll be useful, but i'll keep it in case i want to steal stuff from wild pokemon

the only trainer in here that poses any kind of threat. He's got 2 Geodude and an Onix. Chair wrecked all three of them with his metal claw

just take it my dude, i won't use them anyway

bro i don't want it

fine i'll take the old god (is TPP jokes still fresh?)

cool more money

Chair's the only one that can learn it, might as well get rid of scratch

the only possible encounter in route 4 and the reason why i hoped for a Pidgey back in route 3.
i now have 3 Spearow in my team. guess playing a monolocke variant + no dupes clause kinda guarantees this kind of stuff happening, who would've thought?

and we finally arrived at Cerulean! the npcs here is pretty fun

me in 2020: haha... yeah. everything is just fine and dandy and boring and nothing fun is happening...
god, 2020 sucks

another thing that i used to like reading back when i was a kid, i also liked reading the help menu which is weird to say the least. especially considering the fact that i'm pretty sure the first time i played through this game i haven't learned English yet

also, i'm curious about this berry crushing thing. is it just like pokeblock or what?

is it obvious because they're the only criminal here in Kanto or?

i'm guessing that since the Team Rocket we fought back in Mount Moon openly declares themselves as "Pokemon gangsters" that they are deliberately trying to make a reputation as the baddest group of people around and that they leave marks behind in their crime scenes kinda like how death eaters leave the snake thing behind and show people how much chaos they can create. but how would that benefit them though? maybe by doing that some of Giovanni's other more subtle money making scheme can fly under the radar better? or maybe they're trying to be seen as this massive group of less than lawful group of mercs that can be hired to do shady stuff? man i really want more rom hacks where we play as team rocket (or any of the other evil groups really)

alright enough procrastinating, i need to grind a bit so i can fight Blue

i am tired and i think that that's enough grinding for now. Zipper can now actually fight, and my other Spearows also have learned fury attack which is cool

lets fight my dude

alright, so maybe switch training in the middle of a rival battle is not a particularly good idea. noted

Squirtle decided to set up with withdraw twice which is annoying, plus Stairs doesn't seem to want to hit with fury attack more than twice. i think i'll switch out to Zipper since he can use bite which for some reason is considered a special attack

oh.

Zipper can now actually fight

well at least Zipper managed to almost kill that Squirtle

also, note how Stairs needed 3 hit with fury attack just to deal enough damage to kill him

screw off

should i take this as a tsundere way for apologizing for killing Zipper?

well, that's not nice. sorry for failing you Zipper, hope my next Zubat can at least evolve before being permaboxed, either from dying or being recruited into a gym team

on that wonderful note, i'll have to end the update here

see you guys later

WalkingOnCars

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
zipper ;-; he was so close to evolving too...

also I love me a good tpp reference

DistortionLocke

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Nooo, poor Zipper 😩

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
zipper..... :(

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
uh, i am terrible with risk assessment and damage calculation, arguably the most important skill in a Nuzlocke challenge. whoops

zipper ;-; he was so close to evolving too...
Nooo, poor Zipper 😩
zipper..... :(
god i'm sorry but this update is gonna disappoint you guys even more

challenge accepted

one

two

three

four

fuck

... five.

hey Zipper, you got a friend of yours decided to swing by and live stay with you.

i think the spirit of Nugget Bridge is mad at me for exploiting it so much to get Mew and duplicating items

BUT AT WHAT COST?!

that's a better apology gift than what Blue gave me. doesn't make me wanna forgive you though

is this how you guys recruit new members?
is the other trainers on the bridge also a team rocket members?
will you guys accept a ten year old in your team?!

(actually the answer to my last question is probably a yes. getting a child prodigy that is still easily manipulated is probably a very good thing for them)

not good enough to not have my pokemon dying clearly

i was gonna riff on this statement about how weird team rocket's hierarchy and their member's priorities are because why would you want a random nobody to get promoted ahead of you? but now that i think about it more in the sense of Red (or i guess Falkner in this run) as a naive, easily manipulated 10 year old pokemon prodigy i guess offering a chance to be a leader of this big-ass gangster team is probably really tempting

this was my route 24, a Pidgey (sand attack ftw)

attract, could be useful against Lt. Surge, although sadly not against Misty

my encounter for route 25. i was kinda scared that i'll get the same encounter for both route, thankfully that didn't happen

god i wish i am you

please i actually made an effort for this joke dont leave i swear this won't happen again

cool now i can legally get into a bougie place

is gym leaders supposed to take on the role as a mayor/governor in their cities? why would Misty of all people care?

alright it is now time to grind, give me a sec here

and i'm done

sweet

a quick team shot before i make my next gym team

i think that the same combo i used against Brock will still be my best bet against Misty. Curdle will put them to sleep and confuse them, while Pencil will spam sand attack

the gym trainers was easy

and now it's time for Misty

Flying types ftw

set up with sleep powder and supersonic

that's way more damage than i expected from the Staryu

i used like two super potions just to deal with the Staryu

i set up sleep powder and supersonic again, before using string shots so Pencil can out speed the Starmie

time to spam sand attack

and crap. i forgot they have swift. after using sand attack 6 times the Starmie starts using swift more often than water pulse, thankfully it's a 3 hit KO which means i can spam potions to keep Pencil alive

and of course Starmie also have recover, this is gonna take a while

a few potions later i finally managed to beat the Starmie and beat the second gym leader in this run

cool, i guess i can give this to a Gyarados before i get surf? or maybe i'll just sell it, we'll see

and now i have the second gym team, good bye Pencil and Curdle!

also, it's pretty cool how the first gym team and the second one is basically the same team, just at a higher level

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
another one bites the dust, and MMMMM good luck with surge buddy you're gonna need it

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
Surge is gonna be a fun one :o
oh don't you worry, i've got a plan for him. only one

god i hope it works

another one bites the dust, and MMMMM good luck with surge buddy you're gonna need it
yep sorry Spinner, that was 100% my fault
and don't you worry, i have something resembling a plan for Surge

the robber is still nearby tho, you're either incredibly incompetent or deliberately not trying to catch them.

ACAB

i'm pretty sure that this means that canonically humans in the pokemon game have weird-ass feet

nope

cool lemme return it

man you give up way too easily
the tm is mine now i guess

my route 5 encounter

pokemon: teaching you how to bribe since 1996

my route 6 encounter

time to go around grabbing stuff in Viridian

because you don't like them or?

cool easy grinding now

and of course a bunch of easy Magikarp for me to use the vs seeker for

imagine giving away something that cost a million dollar for free. friggin rich people

your pokemon choices are good tho

my route 11 encounter, he won't stay in the team for long though

yup i'm gonna get a Farfetch'd

what kind of name is Ch'ding? also nice nature
i'm grabbing Farfetch'd because even though for some reason there are 2 Kanto gym that requires you to have an HM move to get into, flying type pokemon can actually learn both HM moves. so, in an act of pure idiocy, i'm not gonna use any HM slave and actually teach my pokemon HM moves and use them against those gym leaders

Ch'ding is gonna be my cut user to enter the gym later, so i'm gonna stick you in the box to make sure you won't accidentally die

so, apparently you can't catch anything inside the gym in gen 3. that sucks

i guess the only Magikarp i can get for now is from SS Anne

that nature kinda suck. i guess Mast won't use any water type moves then

a short grinding break

and now it's time to loot this place

Rest, don't think i'll use it

brick break, i don't think anyone can actually learn this? maybe Charizard later on. if I was playing on Fire Red I might give this to a Scyther

why are you telling this to me, a ten year old kid?

i never knew you could inspect these things. it's pretty cute

gee, i wonder if the captain's alright?

oh hey there

is this even possible at this point in the game?

time for a mirror match

man Pidgeotto's moves suck

first one down

and the Raticate

OHKO'd (4HKO'd?)

for some reason the Kadabra doesn't use Confusion. not that i'm complaining

YOU

dangit Stairs don't you want to avenge Zipper

ugh, i will always have to use physical moves against the Wartotle huh

aight sore loser

how did he become a captain again?

maybe he's hungover but Blue doesn't know that? that would at least make more sense than a seasick captain

cool i don't want it

see you guys next time then

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
i never considered the pirate captain being hungover instead of sea sick, and considering they just threw a big ol' shindig on the s.s anne, that's a very plausible theory...

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
i never considered the pirate captain being hungover instead of sea sick, and considering they just threw a big ol' shindig on the s.s anne, that's a very plausible theory...
there's a book about sea sickness on his table which sadly makes my clearly superior theory less plausible but regardless i will stick by it

bye ship

the only flying type in my team that can learn cut

i have somthing i wanna take first before going to the next gym though

sweet. i never used Aerodactyl before so this'll be fun

now let me show you my amazing plan against Surge

and it will involve skipping him until i get some better moves for my team

anticlimactic, i know. but this is probably the best thing i can do right now, and beside, Ch'ding's cut won't be used there anyway. i'm gonna use it to go inside Celadon gym, which means i will have to bring a Gyarados for surf inside of Viridian gym. i am kinda regretting my decision to forgo HM slave, but i'll stick with it because i am stupid

aerial ace, i'm not sure who i'll give this to since most flying types can learn either fly or wing attack so i guess i'll be saving it for later i guess

also, a very close call with a critical hit rock throw

Stairs had the best defense in my team, so i'm forced to switch for a bit while i healed up Chair

welp, Mast will have to learn a water type move now to help Chair beating up rock types now

crits can still fuck both Mast and Chair up though

are you... trying to hit on me?
because i'm pretty sure you're supposed to compliment the person you're hitting on, not their pokemon
unless...👀

new route mean new bird

Relaxed nature is kinda meh but sure i'll take it

calm is even worse. although maybe i should bring him with me when i'm gonna fight Surge?

time bash my head into the cave walls until i can manage to find the exit

my new bat!

why Clefairy and not a Clefable?

there's a lot to unpack here and i don't wanna be the one to do it

FRESH AIR!

time to catch more stuff again

since Mast is already at level 25 here, you're probably the poor fuck that's gonna go in Surge's gym. i wish you nothing but the best of luck, Minnow

BIRDS (i am seriously regretting my ruleset right now i am tired of looking at friggin pidgey!)

and we're at Celadon!

everyone that can learn Fly will learn it because a 70 base power attack is really powerful even if it needs 2 turns

and i finally get best bird! shame that it has run away though

also, i accidentally fought the couple next to that patch of grass and holy crap this doesn't look good

Chair and Mast is probably my best bet here as both of them resist fire type and Mast have water pulse. thankfully neither of the opponent actually used a damaging move so it was a pretty safe switch

oh crap

oh thank god

water pulse only did like a quarter of their hp which is not good at all

healed Chair up and checked out how much damage dragon rage does. it does much much more damage

by this point Chair has used smokescreen three times and Rapidash still has yet to fucking miss which is bullshit

god that was way too close than i would've liked. Mast was 100% the MVP there with dragon rage

back to less nerve-wracking stuff. secret power is a 70 base power normal type move that most pokemon can learn, this is probably gonna be the best move i can use against Surge later on

nice. i am gonna give my pokemon diabetes to heal them

this was supposed to be my secret plan for Surge. after some research i learned that i can't actually use my original plan

i was gonna catch a Butterfree and give it light screen so i can just cheese my way through Surge with light screen + sleep powder
a few problem with that plan
1. there's no new route for me to catch a Butterfree
2. Butterfree can't learn light screen

so my new plan now is: spam secret power and hope to fuck that i can OHKO Surge's pokemon. whoops

before i end this update i'll show you the pokemon that i'll be getting here:

yup, Dratini won't be too useful until they can evolve, but as soon as they do i'm gonna have one hell of a powerhouse in my team

i first need some budget to start with

also, not suspicious at all

i'll be seeing you guys later then

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
there's a book about sea sickness on his table which sadly makes my clearly superior theory less plausible but regardless i will stick by it
That's because Nintendo is full of cowards.

are you... trying to hit on me?
because i'm pretty sure you're supposed to compliment the person you're hitting on, not their pokemon
unless...👀
CURSED THOUGHTS TAKE THEM BACK

why Clefairy and not a Clefable?

there's a lot to unpack here and i don't wanna be the one to do it
He just likes the unevolved form better! There is nothing here! Nothing!

nice. i am gonna give my pokemon diabetes to heal them
diabeetus

i first need some budget to start with
Can you not just

buy coins

with money

or get more money

with the VS Seeker

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
"a new catch!" you cry with glee every route to only get yet another spearow or pidgey to stuff into the pc box

Sunny in the Valley

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 2, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
CURSED THOUGHTS TAKE THEM BACK
I SUFFERED FROM THAT THOUGHT AND I WILL MAKE EVERYONE ELSE SUFFER AS I HAVE

Can you not just

buy coins

with money

or get more money

with the VS Seeker
uh, i'm gonna be honest, i forgot that using vs seeker will give you money
in my defense i am not smart

"a new catch!" you cry with glee every route to only get yet another spearow or pidgey to stuff into the pc box
lmao yeah basically, and now that i have caught a doduo i'm pretty sure i have every single flying type evolutionary line in Kanto

friggin finally

Dartboard!

i grabbed psychic to give to... i dont know is there any other flying type that can learn this other than Butterfree? i think i'm gonna sell this

i finally get a Golbat

i also went temporarily insane and grinded like 13 other pokemon beside Zany before fighting Erika

my 3rd (4th?) gym team

i wouldn't know since its been like over a week since i stepped outside

Erika is me

surprisingly enough Ch'ding has got the highest attack stat in this team, so i probably should've just used Ch'ding against the Vileplume

case in point, OHKO

Pluck on the other hand has the worst attack stat between the three birds i'm holding right now. he did manage to 2 shot the Tangela which is nice

and i finally get to use Zany!

that's not nice

of course

hell yeah, Zany!
seriously though, despite being overshadowed by Crobat later on, Golbat is still a surprisingly decent pokemon

and giga drain. i think the only flying type in gen Leaf Green that can learn it is just the Zubat line. their special attack aren't all that bad either, so maybe i'll use a Golbat in my final team

this is probably gonna be the most diverse gym team in this run

this update seems way too short so let's kick Giovanni's ass now

oh no! if only you can pick the key up

hi

let's wrestle on the couch

ooh, kinky

;)

Mast took down both Onix and Rhyhorn with no problem

Kangaskhan posed a much bigger threat though, this was after one mega punch

i decided to switch out. this thing is so freaking bulky, secret power only did around a quarter hp

i decided to try and use brick break again, and it didn't even do half hp

decided to bring out Mast again to intimidate this thing and finally kill it

that was honestly way closer than i would've liked

plot item acquired!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)