• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

No-name

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Likes vandalizing school buildings and is quite proud of doing so.
Oh dear god I just got horrifying flashbacks to both, no, god no, please

kjcdhfcjkdhf Speaking of the latter, Pokemon Rejuvenation seems to have its own early PULSE Tangrowth-style boss now (I'm spoiling this in case people want to play it blind). On the version that I nuzlocked blind, after your first Badge you have to see someone calledDr Jenkel who literally has something called a PULSE-2 Musharna as well as dual screen Munnas, and you fight them all in a Double Battle. It's Psychic/Fairy and can provide its own Misty Terrain. So imo it was like trying to fight a Mega Evolution with its own support bros, and a typing that is v good at. not having many weaknesses. Definitely gave me a heart attack from beginning to end.

Anyway, I'll take a break from rambling about fangames to say that Insurgence, as weird and difficult as it is, at least tries to give you tools to properly fight back unlike some fangames (*glares at Rejuv and Reborn massively*)
How do you have flashbacks to two things at once? Also info about Rejuv below.

In the previous versions Dr Jenkel had a time machine where you could re-do a few previous areas to catch Shadow Pokemon you failed to catch on your first attempt. Now it's been changed to a battle with a PULSE+ 'mon to foreshadow Jenkel's future role in the story.

Last edited:
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 26, 2020
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
she/her i think??
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
sorry we don't listen to lemon demon anymore we listen to wah wah by king gizzard
wa

this one line almost made me quit the game i swear to god nora shut the fuck up
the amount of unbridled burning hatred i have for your character is unquantifiable
sigh, female rivals written before gen 8 can't be compelling, all they know is heal your team, have they pokemon stolen, think friendship speeches are a personality, give up before badge 6, and have weird unisex male gaze-y romantic tension

anyway 💖 nicole my 🕊

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What the hell does that even mean? Me is confused.
The scene that most vividly comes to mind is the MC watching fireworks with Shauna in XY... that was really.... interesting is one word for it 😂

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 26, 2020
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
she/her i think??
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
What the hell does that even mean? Me is confused.
"Um… You know… I've never watched fireworks alone with a boy before./I really hope we get to be great friends, <player>…"
"We haven't even seen them yet, but I know I'll never forget these fireworks! 'Cause I watched them with you, <player>."

"You know... I was really impressed seeing how you battled with your Pokémon at the Trainers' School... And even back when you weren't yet a Pokémon Trainer, <player>... you were able to save Nebby... You were chosen by your Pokémon so quickly... I understand why now."
"You and the professor fought those horrible Team Skull thugs, <player>? Just thinking about it makes me worry... They sound like a scary group..."
"I think...I'd like to become a Trainer, too. And travel together with you, <player>..."

just... yeah.

Last edited:

Squiggy Azalea

big chungus pls DM me 😳
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Electric, Tough
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
primal giratina with 820 bst is very cool and balanced im very glad it exists
also i cant help but feel that nyx's team looks kinda underwhelming after all of the bullshit that you've endured??? maybe thats just me idk
also the victory road trainers really do like to shit on you huh

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 26, 2020
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
she/her i think??
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
What's wrong with that? Surely, If you were in their position you would do it too.
I mean there's nothing wrong with it I guess? Unless you want to complain about recent gens handholding blah blah etc, just that the female character is almost always the designated "oops i'll fix up your pokemon teehee" person if they're present for the scene, the only exception I can think of being like, Cheren instead of Bianca sometimes I think?

Reactions: io_

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
primal giratina scary

uh, congrats and I guess rip in next update

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Oh my god! This is it, the final chapter of Insurgence Hard Mode: An Insurgence Hard Mode Nuzlocke! (I never actually gave this run a title, but... we'll go with that.) To celebrate this monumentous occasion, I'll use proper capitalization in this update! (Haha jk I won't)
Oof I can't believe snowflake person is going to be hard

that sucks lmao

Also, you quoted Ariana Grande and I immediately noticed.
90% sure the hard mode set no legendaries nuzlocke is supposed to be unbeatable sigh smh crying

ariana grande's existence makes me cry. i would treat her music like a ball of mochi. i would pound it with a hammer until i achieve the right consistency, after which i will sell it to the highest bidder. i will make a profit off of the pitiful creature that is her last two albums. i would treat those like tea leaves. i would imprison them in a bag and submerge it in scalding hot water to steep out the flavor. afterwards i take out its boiled corpse and sweeten the drink with artificial sugar.

stan yours truly and stream my teenage dream ended by farrah abraham. crying.
shut up we stan sweetener fuck thank u next though
who is farrah abraham and should i know them

that icarly gif is legendary. my sister who still loves that show would be so proud ;ppp

red's team would get swept out the door by half the megas in kalos let alone this ;p who even leads with a pikachu? i've seen wet paper take better hits than that

.dkjvhfd\jkvghd i had this glitch while surfing for half the game. i was so so confused ;p like i was like: is this intentional? what on earth is its meaning? did i possess some poor soul who could walk on water? did i wear this naked man's skin like a serial killer? am i just flashing all the abyssal cult?

once more, "we fixed the crappy AI in the update" was easier said than done

your loathing for nora is epic. somewhere, somehow, some hellspawn demon thanks you, for it is only kept alive by your searing anger at her ;p

d;vi\dfgiudfgio now that song's in my head along with the... interesting naked cowboys nickname. just why ;p

yes, i may or may not have... checked the wiki for that one too... even though i was doing the run blind... shhhhh u can't prove anything d.hkvfjhgdkf

OH GOD I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN THAT ONE IS HORRIBLE, I AM SO SO SORRY
the giratina ai is more a problem of it using wild pokemon ai instead of trainer ai... and yes please audrey died so you can surf around torren stark fucking naked please continue to do so

The good thing about wiping to Yuki is that you don't have to deal with the Champion Reukra which is one of the dumbest battles in the game because the game goes "Hey, we just threw an unexpected Champion against the player, let's also just throw in Shadow Mewtwo simply to fuck over the player!".

Honestly, Insurgence is actually one of the better balanced fangames I've seen. At least there is no Lugia-tier boss when your team is at Level 30 or so (Yes I'm looking at you, PULSE Tangrowth) or a Level 100 Yveltal with a priority OHKO move when your team is at Level 40.

Nicole going out to a literal Hail-Mary is going to be glorious.
man i had strats for reukra and everything 😩 i'll explain in the update :( shadow mewtwo kind of stupid especially with intimidate but the volcorona is the worst thing like ever
and haha it took me that long to get the Hail-Mary joke xd

wa

sigh, female rivals written before gen 8 can't be compelling, all they know is heal your team, have they pokemon stolen, think friendship speeches are a personality, give up before badge 6, and have weird unisex male gaze-y romantic tension

anyway 💖 nicole my 🕊
hope you enjoy this update my 🕊 friendship speeches :vomit: please just give me tryhard rivals or like,, barry

primal giratina with 820 bst is very cool and balanced im very glad it exists
also i cant help but feel that nyx's team looks kinda underwhelming after all of the bullshit that you've endured??? maybe thats just me idk
also the victory road trainers really do like to shit on you huh
the other primals are so fucking stupid like primal regigigas has fucking unaware like uh why
and yeah nyx was kind of super underwhelming considering the fact that the kangaskhan is the only hard part... although i suppose it would definitely be challenging for the player if they didn't know about the fact that it would be an inverse battle

primal giratina scary

uh, congrats and I guess rip in next update
congrats and rip aptly describes this entire shitshow of a run honest to god
primal giratina looks soooo fucking stupid like i can't get over it... like you make badass sprites like delta aggron and then primal giratina is uh
that
E4 time
not much to say. can also run banded sand force if i want a giant hammer.
moral support, duh. if webs is up, can decimate a good chunk of reukra's team especially that goddamn shadow mewtwo. also i needed a special attacker and i was basically begged to bring her
every good team needs a hazard spammer! they will be useful for setting up webs to help win speed battles (since all the e4's fast mons are like 252+ in speed). toxic spikes, if i can get them up, will make it easier for florges to wish stall them.
with access to taunt, he will be vital to kayla. of course, sand stream will make excadrill actually usable and will be helpful for yuki's mega cryogonal as well.
you may recognize this azumarill as "mr. blue sky", a thick fat azumarill i carried from metchi town to helios city... well, i changed his ability and he would have been responsible for taking out london's mega reuniclus and reukra's lead tyranitar. also, his general use as a beatstick with his high bulk.
every team needs one of these, right? she will be useful for toxic stalling / wish passing the mons without setup, and with defense investment can take attacks from the physical side.

also these screenshots are really sparse because I was streaming at the time and I completely forgot to take screenshots until like halfway through LMAO

we lead off with kayla because she "was the easiest"
not realizing i can't outspeed smeargle with taunt / eject button tyranitar because smeargle has 75 speed

so then this happens

and then this happens except in between slowbro gets a damage roll and kills florges with psyshock
and also azumarill dies
thankfully since we can't heal in battle the ai can't either, or else i would have wiped to the shitty baton pass player and that would have been really embarrasing

this blaziken has no scary moves so i'm pretty much safe

this game sucks btw

pretty sure the only move this thing had was stored power

pretty sure that i forgot delta spider metagross was a bug type here and not poison lmao

i kept begging for tyranitar to wake up but he slept for the max of 3 turns aka this game hates me
so at this point i know it's pretty much gg but anyways uh

deal with the secret tech i had planned here
snowball after ice shard allows me to kill with earthquake

yay sandstorm

killing with extreme prejudice

something died here but i don't remember what

and snow is back up rip

levitate cancelled out sticky webs but that doesn't matter cause it has like 150 spdef so uh oof this thing outspeeds and one shot my weakened team

in the end, i didn't have the balls to continue this run. so uh, that's it!
Team:
Badges: 8
Deaths: 36
Delta Charmeleon: Crit spark from Damian's Luxio at the Trainer's School battle
Sandslash: Burned by Nora's Quilava and sacked off for a safe switchin into literally anything else
Rotom: Sack to Nora's Celebi after it used calm mind on my Golbat
Finneon: Sack mon to Xavier to safely switch Boldore into Mega Beedrill
Golbat: Sucker Punch'd by Croagunk, which wasn't on the wiki since I played when the 1.2.5 update JUST came out
Togekiss: Missed two air slashes in a row
Archen: I didn't notice he was level 5 when EV training him
Lilligant: Crit ice beam'd by Taen's Kyurem at +6 spdef after it woke up after only 1 turn of sleep
Delta Pidgeot: Sack vs. Audrey to safely switch something into Lugia
Delta Haxorus: Missed an aqua tail against Harmony's Mega Miltank
Machamp: Paralyzed by Mega Miltank's body slam t1, couldn't move so had to sack
Gigalith: Harmony's Togekiss crit moonblast
Delta Gardevoir: Crit hydro pump'd by Delta Serperior at +6 spdef
Delphox: Sack against Anastasia's Aegislash to safely bring in Empoleon
Scyther: Forgot about Zenith's Diggersby focus sash lol
Jellicent: Forgot about mold breaker on Zenith's Excadrill so was forced to keep sacking stuff to try and get a safe switchin to take it out
Empoleon: x2
Chandelure: Got outsped by Taen's Mega Typhlosion and killed by HP Ground since tailwind faded that turn, thought Mega Typhlosion would target the Celebi instead
Delta Bisharp: Bonked by a random trainer's Accelgor Final Gambit, I didn't realize it wasn't an egg move lol
Rotom-Mow: Crit by Calreath's Delta Dragonite's waterfall 13 turns into PP stalling
Sylveon: Dragonite sack for a safe switchin
Metagross: Hurricane crit and confused, me not realizing I could have avoided this death by simply swapping to Mega Delta Typhlosion instead
Greninja: I didn't realize water shuriken was physical so he was dead weight during the Audrey battle, simply sacked off to Persephone's Alakazam after breaking its sash with water shuriken
Delta Typhlosion: hit by a crit Meteor Mash from Persephone's Metagross
Rotom-Heat: Sack to safely switch in Mega Salamence into Damian's +2 Mega Delta Blastoise
Whimsicott: Adam's Tyranitar clicked ice punch instead of superpower on my TTar, so he got nuked when I switched it in
Delta Luxray: One-shot by Adam's +2 Bisharp sucker punch. Died as he lived: horribly.
Rotom-Wash: Sack to safely bring in Delta Roserade against Adam's Mega Hydreigon
Gyarados: Sack to lower Nyx's Mega Kangaskhan's attack with intimidate, death by seismic toss x2
Tentacruel: Sack to lower Nyx's Mega Kangaskhan's HP, death by seismic toss x2

Azumarill: Sack to safely bring in Florges versus extremely statboosted Mega Slowbro
Florges: Clicked toxic on Mega Slowbro, death by psyshock damage roll
Excadrill: Yuki's Mega Cryogonal.
Delta Metagross Spider: Yuki's Mega Cryogonal.
goggles: Yuki's Mega Cryogonal.
Tyranitar: Yuki's Mega Cryogonal.
Press F to pay respects for the fallen and the hours of my time I spent EV training every... single.... mon.
Also press F to pay respects for this run lmao
Thank you all for reading this run! It has been fun to post and read all of your replies ❤
Nicole Out ✌

Last edited:

No-name

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Likes vandalizing school buildings and is quite proud of doing so.
At least your suffering is over. Honestly, If you had won then you would had to do the Post-Game and be confronted with 2 more Taen battles.

Mega Cryogonal is fair and balanced.

Also Torren Elite 4 OP plz nerf.

Please post the screenshots of the E4 teams for people too lazy to check the wiki.

R.I.P. Nicole's sanity and time.

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 26, 2020
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
she/her i think??
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Sigh, I'm sorry. Trans Elsa OP 😔 alexa play dead inside by patricia taxxon
goggles: Yuki's Mega Cryogonal.
literally the end of an era, poggles is iconic antingaround history. also i love how she's still literally the only one you will ever use the name of i-

anyway, at least the suffering is over right! and i do mean it when i say this is good stuff :) I already know the stuff you make next will be great too.

Chromia Sell

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 7, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ghost
oof ouch owie

It was nice reading this while it lasted, even though I only tuned in at about Harmony lol, can't wait to see what you do next

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
pretty sure the only move this thing had was stored power
dlnjflhvjfdzv okay that could've been hilarious. imagine if you'd killed all her other pokemon and this was the final one, and all it could do was some piddly little stored power with like 10BP while kayla's angery in the background

all that sylveon know is toxic, moonlight, 1 dmg stored power and lie

thankfully since we can't heal in battle the ai can't either, or else i would have wiped to the shitty baton pass player and that would have been really embarrasing
not that there's anything wrong with using baton pass in nuzlockes of course... *hides my swords dance leafeon* it's strategic i promise... *hides my ice shard donphan* totally fair and balanced

so at this point i know it's pretty much gg but anyways uh
so when i saw ur excadrill there for a sec i thought it said "i'm PU, deal with it" and i was confused, thinking about the numerous smogon tears that would have resulted from such a fall from grace. what on earth could have caused that? did focus blast gain an accuracy buff and yeet it away? no, it was just my terrible reading skills fljdvdjfhbvfgj

Press F to pay respects for the fallen and the hours of my time I spent EV training every... single.... mon.
Also press F to pay respects for this run lmao
Thank you all for reading this run! It has been fun to post and read all of your replies
*sends ur pokemon many sympathies as they get yeeted into the ether by a goddamn snowflake* D: god that cryogonal is harsh even by insurgence standards. i just got lucky that i picked the fighting type mega. if cryogonal had been any other type i'm sure your badass mega flygon would have crushed it D: F to you and your 'mons, which are best beans and i shall miss them all greatly

your run has been epic and hilarious to read and i shall miss it D: (also the fanart featuring nyx will come! i'm just slow fd;kvbhfdjkgbhfjk)

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
f

shredded by a snowflake

this game has been an interesting one and the run has been really amazing :V

redninjapuffle

The Nuzlocke Kid with stories
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
well thats a rip bois, even on normal insurgence is still a pain in the ass. I was lucky to not lose anyone to the E4 during the run

Squiggy Azalea

big chungus pls DM me 😳
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Electric, Tough
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
rip the run it was good while it lasted 😔
it was full of jank, yes, but it was still interesting to see! and... the plot. it's a thing! a very edgy thing but still a thing regardless!

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
oh yeah i may have not mentioned it before but i didn't heal stall slowbro because hard mode turns off the items slot in the bag lol
At least your suffering is over. Honestly, If you had won then you would had to do the Post-Game and be confronted with 2 more Taen battles.

Mega Cryogonal is fair and balanced.

Also Torren Elite 4 OP plz nerf.

Please post the screenshots of the E4 teams for people too lazy to check the wiki.

R.I.P. Nicole's sanity and time.
I'm still whole-heartedly convinced the e4 was not meant to be done on hard mode nuzlocke without legendaries ever
Over 70 hours... 70 hours of my time...las jdfalsduifapsfj
Thank you for reading this run ❤

Sigh, I'm sorry. Trans Elsa OP 😔 alexa play dead inside by patricia taxxon

literally the end of an era, poggles is iconic antingaround history. also i love how she's still literally the only one you will ever use the name of i-

anyway, at least the suffering is over right! and i do mean it when i say this is good stuff :) I already know the stuff you make next will be great too.
i literally don't even bother with remembering my pokemon nicknames since they're all inevitably going to be some variant of "bitch" or "fuck" later on in the run it's my strategy
who is patricia taxxon please stop introducing me to various niche indie artists i can't handle it
thanks for reading 🕊

oof ouch owie

It was nice reading this while it lasted, even though I only tuned in at about Harmony lol, can't wait to see what you do next
thanks chromia lots of love (lol) ❤

dlnjflhvjfdzv okay that could've been hilarious. imagine if you'd killed all her other pokemon and this was the final one, and all it could do was some piddly little stored power with like 10BP while kayla's angery in the background

all that sylveon know is toxic, moonlight, 1 dmg stored power and lie

not that there's anything wrong with using baton pass in nuzlockes of course... *hides my swords dance leafeon* it's strategic i promise... *hides my ice shard donphan* totally fair and balanced

so when i saw ur excadrill there for a sec i thought it said "i'm PU, deal with it" and i was confused, thinking about the numerous smogon tears that would have resulted from such a fall from grace. what on earth could have caused that? did focus blast gain an accuracy buff and yeet it away? no, it was just my terrible reading skills fljdvdjfhbvfgj

*sends ur pokemon many sympathies as they get yeeted into the ether by a goddamn snowflake* D: god that cryogonal is harsh even by insurgence standards. i just got lucky that i picked the fighting type mega. if cryogonal had been any other type i'm sure your badass mega flygon would have crushed it D: F to you and your 'mons, which are best beans and i shall miss them all greatly

your run has been epic and hilarious to read and i shall miss it D: (also the fanart featuring nyx will come! i'm just slow fd;kvbhfdjkgbhfjk)
i've used baton pass smeargle in this run but for some reason i get upset when the opponent uses it too 🤔
thank you so much io ❤ your replies to this thread are eternally appreciated

f

shredded by a snowflake

this game has been an interesting one and the run has been really amazing :V
insurgence is definitely an "interesting" game... in all sorts of ways.... but thank you for sticking with me and finishing it through ❤

well thats a rip bois, even on normal insurgence is still a pain in the ass. I was lucky to not lose anyone to the E4 during the run
indeed, shame to have it fail so late in the game 😔 but hey, nice job with that! thank you for reading the run ❤

rip the run it was good while it lasted 😔
it was full of jank, yes, but it was still interesting to see! and... the plot. it's a thing! a very edgy thing but still a thing regardless!
i think all of us aspire to be the level of jank insurgence inspires it's such a wild ride 😂
thank you for reading the run ❤
and with that, this run, and my first on the forums, is officially """complete"""
hope to see you all again on the forums ❤

redninjapuffle

The Nuzlocke Kid with stories
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
@anitintheground Yeah thanks, I had three teams that each accomplished one major battle, one for E4 and champion, one for the Timeless, and one for beating Reukra, the final boss
The E4 team was TMNT the D. Blastoise, Lucky the Haxorus, Legend the Aegislash, Ancestor the Mew, Von the Vaporeon, and Spoder-man the Delta Metagross
But even then, it tied my 2nd run, Moon, in deaths, (which was on set) with 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)