• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

No-name

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Likes vandalizing school buildings and is quite proud of doing so.
By the "Taen multi battle" I assume that you mean the "Your rival gets swept and you have to face Taen 1 vs 2 " battle?

Considering all the Tauros-shit the Perfection Cult has, I wouldn't be suprised If they used pkhex.

Also have fun with the remaining bs in this game.

Last edited:

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
oh dear god good luck against the kyogre from hell

it's a shame about that delta gardevoir, especially because you lost her to a crit... that is an unfair way to go, you have my sympathies just. in general about this whole run

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh boy! It's update time! This thread is on its second page which i don't know if it's an accomplishment but you know what i'm proud
Oooh... yeah, that's not good. Will you and your team get out of this alive?
@[email protected] if we didn't at least that'll save me the time from playing this.... "fun" game! glad the "cliffhanger" was... uh, interesting.

did you name it funedge
please don't get horribly destroyed by primal kyogre
i named it fimmy edge because it's funny and edgy. yes, i hate whales.

By the "Taen multi battle" I assume that you mean the "Your rival gets swept and you have to face Taen 1 vs 2 " battle?

Considering all the Tauros-shit the Perfection Cult has, I wouldn't be suprised If they used pkhex.

Also have fun with the remaining bs in this game.
Yes, oh my god. Nora has four (4) pokemon in the multibattle, literally why. I'm about to learn rpg maker so i can hack the game i s2g- and yes i will continue having fun with this superb game :v:

oh dear god good luck against the kyogre from hell

it's a shame about that delta gardevoir, especially because you lost her to a crit... that is an unfair way to go, you have my sympathies just. in general about this whole run
my entire run is indeed a series of unfortunate events. pretty sad to have the dgarde die, modest boltbeam was a funny blessing while it lasted i suppose.
and with that, let's get to the update!

last time on insurgence our poor meth supply was not strong enough to withstand the force of an industrial-strength water hose.

haha... wouldn't it have been funny if goggles had missed that 85% drakon voice??
i had delphox out against primal kyogre. set up a light screen and a will o wisp while the kyogre stacked calm minds... i was waiting for the kyogre to just kill dgarde but it swapped out :wooper:

funny ice beam freeze
what you don't see here is me pp stalling ludicolo out of giga drain and letting it die through life orb damage while i set up swords dance
max speed iv primal kyogre has 129 speed, while my empoleon has 112. no clicking TIMBER! to one shot.
she used a full heal to heal the burn on kyogre t1 (yes i definitely planned for that to happen), letting my get off a free aqua jet and chipping off half of its health

it literally just clicked calm mind the turn it could have one shot me with thunder

that was anticlimatic

braindead ubers noob sucks at pokemon, omg!

i'd be down with that as long as we can get some sweet pacific rim action

hey look, it's malde- this is the guy that got injected with pokerus and got fused with deoxys (????)

he even has fancy bold pink text

damian looks nothing like his mother. his mother looks more like (quote unquote @Nickytung) "terrorist corrin" than her son.
but yeah that's the big plot twist 🎉

this sprite looks so fuckin metal

rip audrey you will be missed (haha sike fuck you and your shitty rain team)

this mysterious man is definitely not important to the plot later on.

back at the broadcast tower (where we got dgrimer and axew) we encounter a latios! what is this, ORAS? it runs away the turn you encounter it, but i'm banning legendaries in this run anyways.

i caught a switcheroo inkay in a secret base that i'll never use in battle to farm heart scales, because lol rock smash farming is probably under "cruel and unjust punishment". what you see here is a broken teleporter that prevents your avatar from moving because this game has no bugs.
time for some anastasia prep (fifth gym leader)

now that we have dive, we can get access to this fun. if you remember who GUILLOTINE is, have a cookie. oh wait, i don't think i ever shared GUILLOTINE with you guys. whatever.

she leads with prankster swagplay klefki and i'm having none of it

can't break the sturdy on magnezone because the game is stupid and killed my one (1) stealth rock setter. literally can't get another till gym 6, where there's a stealth rock tutor.

i taunted the klefki t1 with delta muk and swapped to smeargle. foul play did like nothing because... well, smeargle.

guillotine is my adamant hustle delta scyther.

i wish she got access to actual fighting type moves, though. low sweep and cross chop really aint it, chief.

it's like using a level 100 hyper beam on a route 1 pidgey, just overkill. obviously i can't stay in on magnezone, so i swap to

accidentally mega evolved like an idiot when it was locked into tbolt, please cancel me.

i believe in you keaton
basically i sent him out to die to heal up mega flygon, i have the delta candle thing so i don't really care about idiot fox
you will be missed, thank you for the will o wisp burn on kyogre
and aegislash just randomly switches out into rotom, k.

imagine running physical flygon, i envy you all who have not ascended yet. although choice band first impression is just super funny lol

your king's shield ain't shit
forgot to screenshot the victory screen lol

she's definitely not doing anything sketchy at all, right
i have a good idea
let's interrupt whatever she's doing.....
next time. haha. taen fight coming up next update with

by the way, not evolving delta scyther because it loses speed and hustle. the mega is pretty cool, though, so i might change my mind.
love you all cya next time xo
team: delta muk, delta scyther, empoleon, mega flygon, smeargle
deaths: 14
badges: 5

• Wow
Reactions: io_

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
audrey be like:
>sets up calm mind on kyogre instead of killing the delphox
>once kyogre has enough boosts, promptly switch it out ;p
"we fixed insurgence's crappy AI in the update" has worked well i see ;pppp

you are braver than the marines i swear like - delphox against the kyogre and then the aegislash?? a goddamn ice/fighting delta scyther against a *metagross* of all things? with cross chop and *hustle?* how. this is true slight recklessness bravery i see here xD

also i like the redrawn banner! "suffer with me" is. accurate and i love it, also the most broken mega in insurgence deserves that neat picture xD

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I had a Delta Scyther in my non-nuzlocke run of Insurgence. I never evolved it either because it was just too good (a couple of IV Stones in Attack and Speed made it a killing machine). My one regret is not using Dream Mist to change its ability to Super Luck; Hustle is great until it misses, and the one thing my Delta Scyther couldn't do was take hits.

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
So you only avoided a loss because of potato AI? Playing this game on hard mode is just masochism to be honest.

Armored Zekrom is gonna be FUN.

Sidenote: What does "s2g" mean?

BTW always be prepared to deal with the Perfection Cult since you encounter these guys a LOT.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
lucky update number 10! or wait... wasn't 7 the lucky number? anyways, we hit double digits and i haven't wiped yet 🎉
audrey be like:
>sets up calm mind on kyogre instead of killing the delphox
>once kyogre has enough boosts, promptly switch it out ;p
"we fixed insurgence's crappy AI in the update" has worked well i see ;pppp

you are braver than the marines i swear like - delphox against the kyogre and then the aegislash?? a goddamn ice/fighting delta scyther against a *metagross* of all things? with cross chop and *hustle?* how. this is true slight recklessness bravery i see here xD

also i like the redrawn banner! "suffer with me" is. accurate and i love it, also the most broken mega in insurgence deserves that neat picture xD
wellllll they never said the ai was fixed (i think that's in the 1.3 update) just... maybe it doesn't crap itself whenever its given a competetive set... i think? delphox was BASICALLY sack fodder cause i had a delta litwick in the box hahah but props to the fox for facing down a primal monster whale, right? the scyther waaasss sashed, and i didn't want to lose the boosts! i had low sweep and a hone claws set up- cross chop is a biiitttt too risky for my taste (63% base acc) and low pp to boot, haha and thanks for the compliment on the banner!

I had a Delta Scyther in my non-nuzlocke run of Insurgence. I never evolved it either because it was just too good (a couple of IV Stones in Attack and Speed made it a killing machine). My one regret is not using Dream Mist to change its ability to Super Luck; Hustle is great until it misses, and the one thing my Delta Scyther couldn't do was take hits.
basically mine has a sash and hone claws, it's not the best strategy but it works.... most of the time, if i can get a clean switch into it! super luck sounds fun, especially since it does get cross chop and night slash, i think. critting machine! delta scizor is also not bad, the mega looks cool af!

So you only avoided a loss because of potato AI? Playing this game on hard mode is just masochism to be honest.

Armored Zekrom is gonna be FUN.

Sidenote: What does "s2g" mean?

BTW always be prepared to deal with the Perfection Cult since you encounter these guys a LOT.
s2g means swear to god, armored zekrom sucks, wtf! can't even be tricked/knock offed, LOL. and yeah, perfection cult sucks because they always have broken-ass mons :annoyed: i kinda am good at manipulating the ai to do weird things, heheh. so glad the ai still sucks lol
let's get to the update!
hm.. first...

weirdchamp just fight gentleman dun in the memory chamber like a billion times for money, he gives you like 7k every round

congrats anastasia, you've created a 746 BST legendary dragon! feel ashamed of yourself.

you already use like three ubers pokemon stfu taen, you tryhard.

orion, the first gym leader kid with a reshiram, got dunked on. see, it's because armored zekrom is broken.

I kind of only brought 5 mons into this fight because you and I both know what the strat for things with no sashes/sturdy is. i'll give you a hint: it starts with smeargle, and ends with baton pass.

with spore and shell smash in between, of course. one of these days i'm going to miss drakon voice, but today is not the day! that damage was from a psychic from grumpig, btw.

wait... taen has a charizard. how come he isn't the pokemon champ?

"poggles"

i can't exactly remember what orion was promising to do, but just know that he's doing it for him.

"made with imgflip.com"

if you're curious, yes. chill bill's STAB moves right now are... still just aqua jet. that's it. aqua jet, custom move grass, and drill peck. lord save me.

i got an adamant rotom from kepler city. that one's definitely going to be traded!

gimme the gross meta.

i love rotom mow so much. its typing, and its design. also, funny thunder wave spam! there is a hazard move called "livewire" that has a 20% chance of paralyzing pokemon on entrance, but A) you need to stack it 5 times for it to be 100%, and B) it gets removed by electric and ground types, which like, everyone has.

:D

fun fact: beldum starts with base 35 friendship like most pseudos/legends, while most mons start at 70! gen 8 actually changed a lot of mon's base friendship from 70 -> 50... maybe to encourage camp use? idk, i've never played.
metagross, the newest member of our team! planning to choice band them once we get to murk forest, but otherwise he's here as a defensive tank. the goggles we all know and love! 3/4s of his moves get a 1.25 boost from amplifier... and she has awesome coverage to boot.named after a bnha character with a similar toothy smile, kirishima's here as a spdef tank and to cripple opponents with twave... also, he's like the only good electric type in the box lol
the sack mon that just keeps on being alive... somehow. eh, every team needs a tanky earthquake spammer, and he takes the job of having an electric/grass immunity (though it doesn't really matter since romow's on the team)i don't know how he's not dead, but it's our loveable dork with one stab move that does less damage than the other move! priority is always nice to have, i supposethis takes the cake of super frail setup sweeper. she has like, a bajillion attack though.

jeez game, i get it! i'll check movesets from now on.

the mawilite, here, of all places?

magical zoroark powers, activate

persephone's the leader of the darkrai cult that kidnaps the mc in the beginning of the game. ooh, looks like that's the cult that we take down next!

gee, do you think that's why its never appeared to the cultists?... nah, it's gotta be something else.

idk, i think this version of damian is cooler and less boring.

i can't actually remember who this guy is supposed to be under that disguise but hey, it's all good.

i can actually get his mega stone- the megas ability allows it to ignore immunities, so it can hit a talonflame or eelektross with earthquake or something

sneaky one block tall dive spot be like:

delta bisharp is fighting/flying type with frisk and some forgettable centaur-like mega. not the best, but its typing is decent and it has like over 120 attack as a bisharp so whatever

to move strength rocks, we can use a variety of moves. for some reason, barrage can move rocks so we take exeggute out of the box for the first time in months to buy choice items, life orbs, mega stones, and ability capsules from the secret vendor in murk forest.

also, we get a delta shinx, which really shows the duality of man. its ability, vampiric, got buffed- now it restores 25% hp damage dealt by contact moves!
still has that god awful luxray stat spread, though. poison/steel could come through for us as a typing, so i'm keeping my eye on this mon for later.

okay, time for the epic zenith massacre.

zenith is a hell of a battle, nowhere near as hard as his next battle though. this battle would have gone a lot smoother if A) i was paying attention to the battle (stream watchers, you know what i mean) and B) my stealth rock setter was still alive.

again, i don't really want to cure damian because at least now he has a goal / personality that isn't dry af

zenith, the leader of the infernal cult, was gasp plot twist the librarian that was there when we received the prophecy about the cults- which said that one of the pixie pokemon trainers (like celebi, mew, shaymin, manaphy, etc) would join the cults. jeez, do they not have hair dye remover or whatever in this region? your hair looks ugly as hell, zenith

again please note that i really was not at my best during this battle

free switches thanks to sap sipper are always welcome!

the first sash mon goes down easy enough since the AI just heals them after their sash is broken- so i just ohko chandelure the turn the full restore is used.

so then it turns out maybe rotom-mow isn't the best excadrill switchin because it just gets two shot
so then i end up swapping things around
and then guillotine dies because i thought i broke diggersby's sash and then i just like, didn't

and then this MOFO SHOWS UP AND I THOUGHT IT WAS FIRE/ROCK BUT IT'S JUST PURE FIRE SO EARTH POWER DOESN'T ONE SHOT so goggles is like totally dead

dodges fire blast like a god. godgles.

i pretty much had to sack pringle and chill bill to take out the excadrill, surf and aqua jet respectively. jeez, and i thought i was all good heading into zenith with four mons SE against fire.

and those three deaths bring the death box to over half full 🎉
so... maybe next time, i definitely won't forget about sashes, scarves, and abilities. yeah?
uh... so, that was a thing. next time, i bring in some new mons and absolutely destroy persephone and diana, and by destroy i mean not half wipe like i did to zenith lmao

no clue why it split this chapter up into two spoilers... too many images, perhaps?
catch you guys later, and have a lovely weekend <3
team: delta muk, mega flygon, rotom-mow
deaths: 17
badges: 5

• Cry

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Pretty much every Insurgence player I've seen hates the Perfection Cult for being too OP. I've seen several people just die to Taen because they didn't expect all the Tauros-shit coming their way. So of course I will be waiting you to do the NEXT battle with Taen (and the future battle with Zenith as well)

Keep having whatever fun you can and please remember to not almost-die to every boss battle.

I found the best way to grind cash to be the Pokemon Races at Sonata City.

BTW Mega Donphan ignores Type-based immunities, NOT Ability-based ones. It can hit Flying-types with EQ but not things with Levitate.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
hey hey hey! i've been zoomin through this game while i still have the motivation, hopefully this shitshow is over soon amirite
Pretty much every Insurgence player I've seen hates the Perfection Cult for being too OP. I've seen several people just die to Taen because they didn't expect all the Tauros-shit coming their way. So of course I will be waiting you to do the NEXT battle with Taen (and the future battle with Zenith as well)

Keep having whatever fun you can and please remember to not almost-die to every boss battle.

I found the best way to grind cash to be the Pokemon Races at Sonata City.

BTW Mega Donphan ignores Type-based immunities, NOT Ability-based ones. It can hit Flying-types with EQ but not things with Levitate.
i just did the second perfection base battle and yikes i literally had to life orb stall his mewtwo, although [redacted] of all things took out three of his mons.
sonata races are probably faster than dun, and i might switch to them especially since i can grab a mega zebstrika from it too!
Oh okay, didn't know that about Mega Donphan. makes it significantly less appealing :psyduck:
update time- this will cover persephone 1 (leader of the darkrai cult) and diana (6th gym leader)

last time on insurgence stuff died. this time on insurgence no one dies i think

still proud of my shitty candle pun

just like cottonee, another shitty 5% fairy type that i definitely will never ever use

it would be a shame if i fought persephone while she was not at her full power, wouldn't it?

don't you hate it when you lose your TM, worth thousands of dollars, in a tree? darn, entitled torrenites and their carelessness.

goodbye nosepass i'll never use, hello broken pseudo. although gojira is such an awful name. too cliche.

i said... pre battle smack TALK

hold on, let me get my popcorn.

oh wait that's me

oh my god persephone is such a chad. all the other cults have actual names (abyssal, infernal, perfection, sky) that resemble the ideals they worship while persephone's just called the "cult of darkrai". sis really dngaf.

what could you possibly mean diana?

ok tryhard

you know the drill

actually has a pretty cool outfit, shame she's literally female gladion edgelord

wow, omg! a mega gengar! but i thought the wiki said she had a mega zoroark? i must be wrong!

zoroark's illusion mega evolving is one of my favorite mechanics ever
also i changed pupitar's nickname from gojira

the spiritomb literally can't touch smeargle so i just setup again and swapped to goggles
because
poggles.

literally you're doing the equivalent of rematching me on showdown after you lose 0-6

"....my girlfriend". darn it would've been much more dramatic if they were lovers. also they look nothing alike, so yeah.

yeah i'm assuming the reason is so she can summon darkrai, idiot

...i wanted the epic funny feraligatr

lol this gym has the funniest puzzle of all time

no point in doing the trainers if exp and money are infinite lmao

do you notice how nothing has a sash... or sturdy. and do you notice how her lead literally can't touch smeargle?
well, i did.

do i feel bad? yes. do i care? no.

gen 6 gengar still has levitate lol

as we in competitive pokemon like to say, "crit mattered".

....no it wasn't. i literally only took will o wisp burn damage that entire match.

soulosis... hahah.....

the eevee i got at the game corner like 4 gyms ago finally boutta put in some work

why, you ask?

it's... multi battle vs taen next time.

did i mention that mega typhlosion has special moxie? and you know... in a double battle, that's basically twice the chance of getting a spatk boost. uh oh!
at least my partner isn't completely useless. she actually has some pokemon! some of the sets are questionable but hopefully her mega flygon nukes some stuff

woohoo, you go nora. slay the taen game for me!
sylveon's there to soak up attacks with protect, pretty much. also screens and fairy coverage will be eternally useful.sack mon. gave it specs just so it maybe does damage before it dies, not even ev trained lmaogoggles C:
the king himself. hopefully nukes everything with lava plume since that hits every mon (including nora, but i really dgaf about her)bonks stuff. defensive wall.also bonks stuff. also a sack mon. sorry delta muk, you just ain't that great.

alright cya
team: delta muk, mega flygon, metagross, sylveon, delta chandelure, noivern
deaths: 17
badges: 6

• eyes

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Delta Muk with Sap Sipper is actually pretty good against one of the Elite Four members, unless they've finally fixed the AI to stop spamming Spore on immunities.

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
wait... taen has a charizard. how come he isn't the pokemon champ?
alas, for him to be champ he must first acquire a hype man who sings of his "undefeated" prowess and his "unbeatable" charizard for all eternity, and then said charizard must die in 1 hit to the common rock types that litter the region. and yes i may or may not have watched a Sw/Sh LP and had Questions about a few of its choices ;p

don't you hate it when you lose your TM, worth thousands of dollars, in a tree? darn, entitled torrenites and their carelessness.
have fun checking every tree in the region now in case it has a valuable TM in it ;ppp

literally you're doing the equivalent of rematching me on showdown after you lose 0-6
that mega zoroark horrified me when i first saw it on my blind run, phoebe did her job well there xD but poor diana and her edgy milotic fell hard to that really cool smeargle strategy you had. i even prefer mega zoroark's design to that of mega gothitelle ;p

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Protect on Choice Banded mon? Excuse me?

Don't you enjoy having to fight a broken Mega and at least 1 Legendary every boss fight? At least Nora was changed to not be completely useless in the Dragon Ruin battle.

Spoiler Alert
Have fun with the E4 and Champ who have
a Baton Pass team, a Sandstorm team, a Hail team, a Trick Room team and Champion has fucking Shadow Mewtwo

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
oops i forgot about this okay let's run through this backlog and pray i remember what happened
Delta Muk with Sap Sipper is actually pretty good against one of the Elite Four members, unless they've finally fixed the AI to stop spamming Spore on immunities.
yeah, they have. i'm just not a huge fan of delta muk's statline, and my nature is prettttyyy awful too :( just overall better ground types unfortunately

alas, for him to be champ he must first acquire a hype man who sings of his "undefeated" prowess and his "unbeatable" charizard for all eternity, and then said charizard must die in 1 hit to the common rock types that litter the region. and yes i may or may not have watched a Sw/Sh LP and had Questions about a few of its choices ;p

have fun checking every tree in the region now in case it has a valuable TM in it ;ppp

that mega zoroark horrified me when i first saw it on my blind run, phoebe did her job well there xD but poor diana and her edgy milotic fell hard to that really cool smeargle strategy you had. i even prefer mega zoroark's design to that of mega gothitelle ;p
yeah the only reason i didn't choose charizard as my free kanto starter later on was because charizard has way too many weaknesses and is just not worth it without the mega + access to breeding for DD
lol i use the wiki for every new area i come across for items, no regrets
honestly feel bad about scumming pretty hard fights with smeargle. no wait, i don't, i hate insurgence

Protect on Choice Banded mon? Excuse me?

Don't you enjoy having to fight a broken Mega and at least 1 Legendary every boss fight? At least Nora was changed to not be completely useless in the Dragon Ruin battle.

Spoiler Alert
Have fun with the E4 and Champ who have
a Baton Pass team, a Sandstorm team, a Hail team, a Trick Room team and Champion has fucking Shadow Mewtwo
lol protect on the cb was just in case i was real desperate and knew the enemy would target me, which would let nora do damage to one mon
and yeah the stupid e4 teams are intense man, especially without items in battle
ok update time

i hate his bowl cut so much jfc

no you don't need another ubers shut up

and then the great dragon was summoned and we wipe gg

oh nevermind next time i guess

oh no white kyurem
170 spatk moment

ugh his sprite looks so ridiculous, why does this dude have like actual good pokemon
also have you noticed that he has like a new mega evolution every battle? this guy's doing a nuzlocke i swear. he should just catch a trapinch SMH.

T1 sylveon clicks protect, leavanny clicks reflect. metagross targets sylveon and salamence uses fire blast on leavanny.
who then proceeds to get burned by fire blast and die lmao.

oh, TIL drakon voice hits both opponents. when i thought the flygon had targeted the metagross i almost lost my shit

swapping out my sylveon for metagross since meteor mash kills her next turn
crobat gets up a tailwind before it dies, at least

banded hammer arm
my metagross is better than yours, suck it
i'm also like 4 levels higher but hey that's life

unfortunately, darm is at -1 atk and def from superpower killing the kyurem, and if something dies to mega typhlosion it gets +1 to spatk which is not good (mega typhlosion has special moxie)

so i swapped in delta chandelure to flash fire typhlosion's attack- metagross is weak to fire, so i know it would've targeted it

clicked lava plume and kill the luxray but oops accidentally kill the mega flygon cause she swapped it in this turn

i thought the mega typhlosion would, y'know target the literal grass type oops
tailwind wears off so delta chandelure gets bonked by HP rock, then celebi kills it

ok

yeah ikr i can't believe i didn't even get to send in my mega flygon

lol he dipped

i can't stop thinking about hard mode insurgence but orion awakens reshiram from the stone early and we have to face it gym 1
also we got tesseract, which is a field move that will give us access to some encounters and mega stones!

why can't we fly in the dragon ruins, i just want to put my dead candle in the box in peace

it's cool and all but i already got killed our encounter here

unfortunately enough, tradwife gets no access to actual TMs so is stuck with moonblast as her only attacking move. tradwife has hit the glass ceiling, so she is boxed in favor of a more capable male, pawnhub the delta bisharp.

ah, broadcasting tower missions. this is a static shiny, and i'm disappointed with its awful nature and IVs. still haven't encountered a shiny in a run since one i did like a year ago

cool now my metagross can mega evolve if i so desire

like so
if you don't remember, jaern is the "second augur" worshiped like a god throughout the torren region. to literally no one's surprise, he is in fact the leader of the sky cult as revealed during gym 3.

for reference, the game uses red text for females and blue text for males because uh... yes

oh boy, what could this possibly signify. definitely not the final boss that's not revealed until the very end of the story right? this isn't fire emblem, after all. haha. the game would never do something as campy as that.

accidentally ran into this trainer because i was only on the lookout for a male ace trainer as according to the wiki, but anyways insurgence says trans rights. i'm nicole and i support this message.

in my defense i thought final gambit was a breeding move

rather topical insurgence, aren't you.

oh golly, good thing this isn't zenith, the leader of the infernal cult. this is simply a friendly librarian named zachary.

gible trade for a water type- i traded away swanna because it's an awful mon

should've brought a false swiper, this nasty piece of work has shed skin too. basically took over 20 nuzlocke balls to catch (higher catch multiplier than ultra balls)

ugh, what a disappointment. i know special dragonite is an actual thing, but i would rather play to a mon's strengths by using the superior physical dragon dance moveset- yet another mon to pokepon and pray for a nature change, i suppose

i waited in line for 5 hours and the line hasn't moved, i think i'm doing something wrong

well shoot, who woulda guessed

oh boy! do i get a bike? a free contest costume? a free pokemon! i'm so excited to find out

he monologued for like 20 boxes about the salem witch trials

i mean... if you say so.

yo zenith is woke af
also he sicced an old woman on me oops

never have i been so glad to have taunt. never have i been so glad to see a noticeable lack of sashed magic guard alakazam.

god i love priority moves so much.

top 10 pics taken seconds before disaster

let's just say i've never been more glad that taunt existed.

i hate sturdy metal burst mons, they're kinda annoying. at least this one doesn't have fissure cough eternal x

this is gonna be super helpful
the puzzles that you have to solve to get to delta cyndaquil would have been really annoying if i didn't just search them up

haha five percent encounter moment
kay i think that's enough for now
we're going to pull a funny on the seventh gym (rain) next update, if you can guess who is pulling off the funny i'll give you a cookie
team: delta muk, mega flygon, metagross, delta cyndaquil, rotom-mow, armored tyranitar
deaths: 19
badges: 6

Last edited:

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
In case Taen wasn't enough of a pain in this game, he is also going to appear in another fan game; that being Pokemon Azurite. Because fighting him 6 times just wasn't enough of a pain. Also he ain't doing a Nuzlocke because he has Kyurem in almost every battle, he just has a new Mega every time because Perfection Cult is always attempting to make a "Perfect" pokemon so he is trying out every option.
(Seriously Perfection is so fucking incompotent with things like the "Namehere" stuff yet also the most OP cult in the game)
BTW guess what he looks like in Azurite. He literally looks the exact same as he does in this game but slaps the logo of his new gang on his coat.

I am (and you should be too) glad that Taen was nerfed and Nora was buffed when 1.2 came out. Before that Taen's team was higher leveled and Nora had way weaker and lower-levelled 'mons.

So 7th gym coming up, be prepared since much of the game's BS moments happen after the 7th gym.

Last edited:

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
oh, taen. his humiliation over the "namehere" thing gave me so much schadenfreude after he killed so many of my teams, it's clear that the head of the perfection cult has all the brains. bless his not-very-intelligent heart, he's not going to live it down ;P

accidentally ran into this trainer because i was only on the lookout for a male ace trainer as according to the wiki, but anyways insurgence says trans rights. i'm nicole and i support this message.
ya yeeeeeet i am here for it xDDD

honestly feel bad about scumming pretty hard fights with smeargle. no wait, i don't, i hate insurgence
you are entirely valid as is your smeargle, insurgence is. a Trip and no tactic is too cheap for it xD

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
definitely not an early update so i can submit points for my team. heehee.
In case Taen wasn't enough of a pain in this game, he is also going to appear in another fan game; that being Pokemon Azurite. Because fighting him 6 times just wasn't enough of a pain. Also he ain't doing a Nuzlocke because he has Kyurem in almost every battle, he just has a new Mega every time because Perfection Cult is always attempting to make a "Perfect" pokemon so he is trying out every option.
(Seriously Perfection is so fucking incompotent with things like the "Namehere" stuff yet also the most OP cult in the game)
BTW guess what he looks like in Azurite. He literally looks the exact same as he does in this game but slaps the logo of his new gang on his coat.

I am (and you should be too) glad that Taen was nerfed and Nora was buffed when 1.2 came out. Before that Taen's team was higher leveled and Nora had way weaker and lower-levelled 'mons.

So 7th gym coming up, be prepared since much of the game's BS moments happen after the 7th gym.
yeah, i'm so glad that between the simple shell smash crustle nerf and the taen fight nerf they at least want to try to make the game less bullshitty.... on the other hand, after gym 7 it's just boss battle after boss battle with few encounters in between :(

oh, taen. his humiliation over the "namehere" thing gave me so much schadenfreude after he killed so many of my teams, it's clear that the head of the perfection cult has all the brains. bless his not-very-intelligent heart, he's not going to live it down ;P

ya yeeeeeet i am here for it xDDD

you are entirely valid as is your smeargle, insurgence is. a Trip and no tactic is too cheap for it xD
taen is like that nerdy kid in middle school that somehow is like smart despite being a huge jackass. also he kinda gives me huge vector vibes :v:
today we're going to cover the mess that was calreath, definitely not my best moment

the fact that the ownership of the pixies was supposed to be a secret and that calreath uses it on his team is mind-boggling.

We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in heaven
That we can't reach
anyways i can get another encounter from a "hidden" area in the game after all the zenith bullshit

it was modest btw.

.........i'm sorry, i can't take this dude seriously.

...he looks like the dude from clash royale, crown beard and all.

steven swapped his key stone and mega stone with his metagross, so that he would "mega evolve" and then like... fuckin exploded. this game's writing is truly incredible.

skipped past a bunch of boxes but basically the first augur had a magical crystal with a lot of power, like a lot of power, and it broke

"She" is definitely not the main final boss of the game, definitely not. that would be such a huge cop out and disappointment.

hey look, it's our best friend hm-replacement!

legendaries? in my run? nope!

it's autoraining in cal's gym

i looked at the wrong levels when training, so uh... oops.
anyways, remember that mega delta typhlosion i got last chapter?

so uh yeah, that's the plan.

i led with tradwife so i could cop a motor drive speed boost from heliolisk
okay so the problem with the delta dragonite is that it's locked into waterfall, and it 2koes everything
so i'm pp stalling waterfall with rotom and praying it doesn't crit

uh, oops
i mean it's not like it matters cause like uh i can get a bunch of rotoms in the dream realm cities later
i swap to sylveon and he ends up swapping out into politoed- so i swap into typhlosion again

uses encore (lol)

one shotting it with thunder was a damage roll. fortunately, i managed to burn off his two full restores here, though i took a scald in the process

hydration is bugged in this update.... so half the time, the goodra can't even click an attack. it's the same with manaphy, too. like, the screen just skips over goodra's turn lol

it was resting and healing back damage before sylveon could kill it, i wanted to conserve moonblast pp so i just ended it with typhlo

rip

haha lol sike
we bring in flygon for free. unfortunately, he swaps out to the second dragonite immediately and i miss drakon voice. it has multiscale, so drakon voice can't ohko.

even though this is true, however, goggles will still get ohkoed by hurricane, so i swap to sylveon to take the incoming spatk

who proceeds to get one shot by a crit, fml
tradwife has finally discovered the pay gap between females and males and has quit battling. she is now going to become an actual tradwife, who do you guys ship her with?

it was at this point that i realize i can probably just one shot it with typhlosion, since this isn't the one with swift swim.
rip metagross i never even got to mega evolve you in an actual battle

second verse, same as the fir- wait, why did he click wild charge? i protected, but still. and then he just... swaps out. alright....

"crit mattered"

ugh, finally.

i could've avoided the metagross death there for sure, and probably the rotom one if i had not read the levels wrong. whoopsies...

here's an apt react pic that describes that fight in a nutshell

zenith is doing is mind-control shtick again

next up is this clusterfuck. goddamnit taen, you traded one ubers mon for another? fortunately, i have...
well. remember back in chapter 3? me neither, here's a hint:

i lied
i'm using it
it's kind of weird how delta muk is somehow the only early-game mon i used that's like, still alive. i think nidoking is too, but who even likes nidoking lmao

next time we're going to cover the absolute fun that is zenith, i think.
team: delta muk, mega flygon, smeargle, delta typhlosion, whimsicott, armored tyranitar
deaths: 22
badges: 7

Last edited:
  • Cry

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh joy, ANOTHER Taen battle! Seriously you need to get good at reading. This is the second boss battle you screwed up by being bad at reading.

Yeah, the Perfection Cult just makes a Mewtwo, purely for fun pretty much since they KNOW how the LAST time someone made Mewtwo went.

Well, this game is quite merciful in comparison to some other fan games honestly. At least you are given actually good Pokemon in this game.

Also that "dude" in Clash Royale is actually the King that stands atop your crown tower in every match. How did I miss that King Vesryn looks so much like him?

Edit : Since you killed Mew, you won't get to complete your Pokedex and therefore you won't get to access the final area of the game! Oh no! Savefile totally ruined!

Last edited:

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
"She" is definitely not the main final boss of the game, definitely not. that would be such a huge cop out and disappointment.
We have yet another Pokemon fangame with some disappointing character elements ;p i feel like the... Definitely Not Final Boss shhhhh had a lot of potential, and I liked her personally, but there are so many characters and organisations and plot points in Insurgence that they didn't get the time to flesh out that many people and so that potential was squandered.

legendaries? in my run? nope!
I killed the Mew too ;p I was sick of it "helping" and showing up randomly but having not joined my team previously despite me having had many deaths, so KOed it out of spite. I am totally not petty or salty, nope ;p

t's autoraining in cal's gym
Is it a difficult hack or fangame without auto-rain in water D: I'm sorry about Calreath's gym, that was a tough one and Dragonite is a tricky 'mon to deal with at the best of times

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
hi i'm back, started messing around with ROM hacking and also kinda burned out from EV training, as to be expected. So trying to slow down udpates a little, but I'll definitely get this game done by the end of the summer 😁
Oh joy, ANOTHER Taen battle! Seriously you need to get good at reading. This is the second boss battle you screwed up by being bad at reading.

Yeah, the Perfection Cult just makes a Mewtwo, purely for fun pretty much since they KNOW how the LAST time someone made Mewtwo went.

Well, this game is quite merciful in comparison to some other fan games honestly. At least you are given actually good Pokemon in this game.

Also that "dude" in Clash Royale is actually the King that stands atop your crown tower in every match. How did I miss that King Vesryn looks so much like him?

Edit : Since you killed Mew, you won't get to complete your Pokedex and therefore you won't get to access the final area of the game! Oh no! Savefile totally ruined!
shh, sometimes my eyes just glaze over the documentation

Actually kind of bummed out about killing Mew, since i found out that it got a sick form that can only be received through wonder trading!
so precious... would've made someone's day for sure. also, no ufi :( boohoo

We have yet another Pokemon fangame with some disappointing character elements ;p i feel like the... Definitely Not Final Boss shhhhh had a lot of potential, and I liked her personally, but there are so many characters and organisations and plot points in Insurgence that they didn't get the time to flesh out that many people and so that potential was squandered.

I killed the Mew too ;p I was sick of it "helping" and showing up randomly but having not joined my team previously despite me having had many deaths, so KOed it out of spite. I am totally not petty or salty, nope ;p

Is it a difficult hack or fangame without auto-rain in water D: I'm sorry about Calreath's gym, that was a tough one and Dragonite is a tricky 'mon to deal with at the best of times
Ugh, Insurgence overall I feel has so much wasted potential. Except for Persephone. In the words of @perfectgold, she knows how ridiculous her character arc is and that makes her an amazing character.

LOL killing the Mew out of spite, that's a new one. Aren't you glad they helped you out with getting all those hidden items and mega stones? 😭
Onto the update, where I think we'll be able to cover the fourth(?) Taen fight and the road to Zenith 😄
physical tentacruel, because it has near equivalent attacking stats and the people demanded it.sack that just won't diehe'll be pretty good if i get an excadrill later on, i should probably give him stealth rocks soon though lol
Alternating between specs and scarf for the battles coming up, not much to say. Since I'm not planning on running a darkness team, he won't be too useful besides coverage.pogglesPrankster cotton guard. this is going to be very important later on, so please take note. also, he has... 3 perfect IVs, holy crap. Ram Ranch really rocks!

that's right, two gal pals going on an adventure together.

The Infernal Cult is blocking the traditional way up the mountain, but it's ok Nora, we wouldn't get roadblocked even if we tried. After all, we have plot armor on our side~!

bowl cut man returns, yuck.

yup! in that battle, I also tried to sweep with a grass type and got crit by ice beam! It was really fun!

golly i sure do wonder what they're going to do with it

i forgot to screenshot mewtwo appearing but just pretend it's there, ok?

I end up bringing in Whimsicott while Gallade is healed, and click prankster cotton guard which outspeeds the ice punch.

also i taught 18 naked cowboys substitute to take overheats like a boss. I know this is just asking to get crited, but hey. it's funny af LOL

and then i'm out of substitute PP oops. the zebstrika dies no problemo. i am just so glad energy ball / moonblast stat drop didn't happen, or the competitive proc would have murdered whimsicott.

i swapped from whimsicott to tyranitar to set up sandstorm, then to vorenado, who is able to let the mewtwo kill itself through life orb damage. I spammed hyper pots till it clicked recover then nuked it with eq asap

i spent the turn ddarm was sent in healing, and now look where that got me! I could conceivably life orb stall since knock off no longer gets a power boost, but i don't want to risk getting crit...

owie. that did a lot, definitely would have killed if mega stones were able to be knock-offed. still, goggles lives to drakon voice shitty monkey ghosts another day!

okaay. the kyurem literally can't touch me, so i'm all good to set up and kill his last mon!

i end up switching out solely because i'm lazy and don't want to spend time grinding money for more hyper pots later

a freeze and then a crit the following turn. welp, looks like i am grinding out money for hyper potions later. that was four freezes over the course of this battle, by the way.

oml that took way too long

How does it feel to get beaten by a whimsicott and a pile of sand sludge? i really must know.

see, even reukra is calling you out! you're like that kid that brings a 6 legendary team to the battle spot free ladder.

if you haven't figured out that zenith can mind control by now, you're missing a few tools in your toolshed.

come on Nora, I know you don't really give a shit,

lol he can straight up un-deoxyfy himself whenever, tbh i'd be down being bonded with deoxys if i looked that cool.

press x to doubt

yes nora, I too trust the words of a pokemon-fused senile old man.

god i hate nora so much literally not even funny

it probably starts with a cress and ends with an ellia.
Or, according to @Nickytung:
Persephone wants to see Darkrai's Dark Void😳

😳 👈

whoops, there goes my encounter. not like i was going to use it anyways.

I don't remember why I screenshotted this, but it probably had to do with the implication tentacruel killed infernape by headbutting it with his giant head. Do you think Rocky Helmets are custom-made to fit the head of the Pokemon it's wearing?... how would that work for ghost types like Gastly?

Hm... I think you mean most of northern North America.

Now, I normally don't insult people (I lied, I do it all the time). But this woman really bought a garden for $10 million in a place where it snows every day of the year. Idiot.

Please game, just give me a Darmanitan instead of some random encounter I'll never use. I'm begging you.

Pssh, like that would happen literally ever. Name one time an NPC has been dumb in this game, I'll wait.

Goddamnit

Man, the player character is definitely sitting and watching the fight with popcorn in hand.
"I heard you stayed at the Darkrai Cult..."

Well, I heard that housing prices have been exponentially rising in the Torren region. After all, you do see up to 4-5 unrelated people + their pokemon all living in a small house with one bed. I am, of course, glad to be a guest here- rent free of all things!

Okay, I guess it's time to wait until Calreath busts me out of jail instead of talking to the cultist since Zenith said not to. I don't know how long I have to wait until the cutscene triggers, so I think I may be here a while!
Next time: we battle zenith!
see you guys later!
team: delta muk, mega flygon, metagross, delta typhlosion, whimsicott, armored tyranitar
deaths: 22
badges: 7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)