• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
Howdy all! antingaround, or Nicole, here. So uh, you may have heard of this fan game called Pokemon Insurgence, which recently got overhauled in version 1.2.5. Some neat features in this fangame include:
  1. A new region! With... interesting new characters. and an engaging new plot
  2. Fan megas and deltas, except their sprite work is like.. actually good!
  3. Extreme difficulty, complete with a "hard mode" option that's like, arguably harder than peak Drayano
  4. Accessible EV + level trainers past the first gym and more: because you're DEFINITELY gonna need it.
With that out of the way, here's some stuff you should know before reading!
  • Insurgence uses ORAS mechanics and does not bring any new Pokemon buffs to the table
  • This is my first screenshot run of the forums and the first run I plan on seeing through to the end, so please leave suggestions on how I can make better posts!
  • I'm playing as I go- I plan to stay at least two hours or so of gameplay ahead of the updates
  • Updates will depend on how often i get unmotivated by the cruelty of hard mode:ROFL:
Also uh, I've attempted this game a couple times (read: like, 4) before on hard mode. But this time, I'm fairly confident that I can win! I wiped to the eighth gym leader's fair and balanced mega hydreigon's bs last time, but he got nerfed so :fingerscrossed:
  1. faint = death
  2. One encounter per area, statics included
  3. Nickname encounters, but my nicknames are bad lol
  4. Set mode = on :hurr:
  5. Difficulty: HARD MODE!
i swear i'm good at nuzlockes i just get bs'd a lot im actually really skil-

Last edited:

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heeeeyy guys, hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday/Monday! Just beaten the [spoilers!] second gym and I haven't wiped yet 🙊
So, here's "chapter 1"
This chapter's going to be a bit different from what i'll usually post, as I don't have many screenshots since.... i wasn't planning on posting this run to the forums at the time. anyways. enjoy!
game starts off with you waking up in an evil team's base while a gengar tries to eat your brains or something. well! end of the game, gg. then like, mew shows up, and you sneak out of the base by stealing the DNA of some random Darkrai cultist's blood. also, he's dead. then you walk outside through a forest or something, and meet barry. but worse. his name is damian.

so, one huge thing about this game is that you can get "delta pokemon"- they have the same stat spread as the mons they're derived from, but different typings, movesets, and abilities! pretty cool, huh?

the game gives you a starter option of delta bulbasaur, delta charmander, delta squirtle, and... eevee. they're all pretty good (except eevee), and have pretty awesome mega evolutions too!

ghost/dragon, pretty helpful typing. his shtick is that he can summon a new weather called "darkness"- so basically, a bonier charizard y!
this dark/fighting type is pretty lacklustre earlygame, but once you get the mega.... 135 special attack, nasty plot, vaccuum wave, mega launcher, and aura sphere/dark pulse. and pretty beefy defenses to boot!
amazing early-game. beautiful. leech seed, calm mind, psychic/fairy typing, and just hot in general. oh yeah, and his mega form gives him special moxie. and for some reason, he can learn psycho boost! deoxys is rolling in its grave.
did i mention you don't get the mega stones until like, the third gym? so you basically have this eevee until then. mega eevee can turn into other eevee forms with increased stats, if you have the right moves learned. or something.

so i start off by not choosing delta bulbasaur, the obvious and objectively best choice for a hard mode nuzlocke on set mode.
the rival, damian, has pursuit.

the tail has a precious little ghost spirit flame thing

skipping over like half the earlygame routes....

hidden grottoes are a thing, and you can get durant from this one. unfortunately, i get breakfast.

you encounter yet another evil team- this one worships kyogre! they want to steal a riolu, because they're closet furries. this is normally where you would wipe if you're playing blind, because.... uh, yeah.

also, hope you guys didn't get too attached to my cute little starter with smol dry bones
haha, yeah. anyways, after two rival battles because i guess i have two rivals now and after a couple more forgettable routes and catches....
i arrive in the city of the first gym leader!

but first....

i have the opportunity to score myself a free machop- my team is horribly lacking in physical tanks. it helps that i get bulk up as a tm after the first gym, too! trade evos are unlocked in the city of the third gym. golbat beats up the gamer that oppressed minorities and steals his slave.

anyways, onto the first gym. forgot to mention: there are forced level caps in the game- well, if we're being pedantic you get a max of 1 exp point after hitting the cap- for bosses, like gym leaders, cult leaders, and rivals. so no overgrinding!

orion's team is pretty damn disgusting. especially since well, my team is about as good as you can get encounter-wise. so: how does my team beat orion? nidoking has no ground moves, delta grimer (ground type, sap sipper) has like no attack stat and only has sand tomb and the return tm, and sandslash and starmie are super duper frail. how does one compete with a weather team when there's not even any way to set the weather?

.....yeah, anyways.

patrick- i mean pat "duck"- and sandslash do a great job of sweeping up once "vorenado" runs out of return and sand tomb pp. oh yeah, by the way, delta muk gets an ability called "regurgitation". it's like cramorant's ability, but cooler- and the extra 40 bp attack has a typing based on....

um, yeah.

also, turns out orion's pet rock is reshiram. also some cult called "perfection" has kyurem. hm, i wonder what will happen there.???

are my images too big? should i actually change text size and do fancy stuff with formatting? let me know! again, sorry about lack of images/description about earlygame- it's boring anyways teehee
anting out ✌

Last edited:
Reactions: io_

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Hey all! Hope you guys are having a wonderful Wednesday/Thursday. The end of the school semester is drawing near, which means... I will be dropping study hall as a "class". Very sad. Anyways, have another update!

after i beat orion, there's like... some stuff where it turns out his pet rock is reshiram or something. who cares,
anyways there's a battle with your OTHER rival, which is pretty damn scary.

seriously, remember how celebi has 100 in every stat? kind of intimidating especially since lots of bug types are you know uh... part poison.
and uh, weak to rock.
spoiler alert, i won partly due to machoke's leftovers, bulk up, and knock off.

i switched in sandslash on quilava's wild charge, but then got burned by flamethrower next turn.
rotom got confused by confusion t1 lol, so i just sacked it off. i don't have hard dupes on, so i can just... get another at like hekate town, or another place with few good encounters.
after i beat nora, i get access to the secret base. which includes cool stuff like the level trainer, ev trainer, and move relearner. oddly enough you can get a fossil reviver there, too (even though there's an actual fossil museum a little after gym 2).

i use my secret base encounter to revive the steel-type shieldon...

hey, a hiker wants to trade a steel type for a delta scyther! could be really helpful for xavier, since i can set up on the lead shuckle delta metang with bulk up and agility.

aw... hustle. nevermind, then.

xavier's team got changed in the newest update. it's now this.. oh, and from experience the croagunk has sucker punch >.>
i have several plans for xavier, including.. needing to break the sashes!
boldore learns stealth rock at level 36, which is one level past the level cap.

roggenrola learns it at thirty though; little bud even came with an everstone!

delta gardevoir is an electric / ice type. Mine is modest, male, and clear body so i'm gonna need to evolve it into gardevoir.
it learns ice beam at level 40 something as a gardevoir.

but as a ralts, it learns ice beam at level 32~! calm mind, charge beam, ice beam, and nuzzle. pretty fire.

why nuzzle?

smart. i know.

team sometime during the battle. i probably should've went to the cap, but eh.
finneon was a sack so i could safely switch boldore into mega drill.

air slash missed twice in a row.

it had sucker punch. ree.
died from burn.

anyways... here's what's gonna be the new team.

I get buyable focus sash around the third gym, thankfully.

"How does a little gastly stay safe from plate-less arceus's judgement? It makes no sense!". Bud, you live in a world in which Magcargo's body is hotter than the sun or something.

/r/talesfromretail

the second gym leader is... an immigrant? crying

woke genwunner

xavier does weed. he evolves his beedrill with a "mega bong".

great update, right?? amazing!
team: delta gardevoir, machoke, boldore, delta grimer, empoleon
six deaths
two badges

see you all later. i have everything i need for the next update, so i'll see you all in another week or so!
lots of love (lol) , nicole ❤

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Wow, it's been a while, huh? This thread is fuckin empppttyyyy, so it's nice that i'm not disappointing anyone (psst, i've got a comic run in the works).
Last time on Insurgence, hard mode, set mode, etc:

don't worry, this death count will double by the time i finish up with helios 😉

"dark" mode reads like a terrible fanfiction. no please, push shitty barry into the pool.
there's a double battle that happens here, which is laughably easy.

if the table is too small, fuck off. no one reads this thread anyways, and it's mostly a record for me!

it's stupid cause it has thick fat. infinite ability capsules got patched.

actual god tier, no words necessary

box or death fodder, its served its purpose. oh well, it was fun.

iron defense and stealth rocks will be useful. i mean, only for gym 3

imagine learning physical moves. also, rip my heart scale stash

nuzzles u uwu. also, it's modest lol.

oh cool, a 5% encounter. also a trash mon that i'll never use :3

since the game sees fit to restrict audino levels of the level trainer to the number of gym badges you have while level grinding.....

fun fact, they actually made delta pidgeot trash. i mean, i'm still gonna catch it because lol dragon dance special attacker, but... yeah. yuck

caught a vibrava. oh, by the way, the mega ring is accessible soon....

and even though its special attack got lowered 10 points and amplifier boost is now 1.25, it's still.... broken. i mean, it gets amplified STAB (105 bp, 85% acc dragon move and bug buzz). also, it has 140 spatk and 120 speed. bug/dragon is an icky typing but oh well.

lol

this lilligant is trash, wow. used three sleep powders and missed consecutively, then when it actually hit the lairon woke up turn 1 and crit take down. hope it dies or summin

oh yeah, i never screenshotted its set. i mean, its standard lilligant stuff: giga drain/quiver dance/sleep powder/stun spore.

based cultists lmao that bitch dead

this battle should be easy enough, as long as my stat boosts don't get psyched-up.

god i fucking hate lilligant

fun fact, this battle sucks cause you can't force shaymin to be in sky forme, and as a result, 4x weak to ice. sad!

how do they do it
how do the sharpedo move

got an eevee. hooray. also, we hate voltorb flip!

and... skipping past a couple hours of tedious gameplay, we're at helios. the most "fun....." city in the game.
OBJECTIVES:
- buy evo items in the department store
- ev train, make an actual team
- grab a wynaut
- grab a mega ring, beat taen
- beat the third gym leader and also [spoilers]

spoilers, i already finished the next update. probably will post it tomorrow or the day after.
team: delta gardevoir, machamp, gigalith, lilligant, flygon, empoleon
six deaths
two badges

Anyways, stay safe all!
~ Nicole

Last edited:

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Wow, Insurgence got a graphical update! It's so nice to see places like the desert and the landfill area with the pool change so much since I played them. I have a lot of nostalgia for this game, I think ;p

I see you are using the awesome Delta Gardevoir, I approve xD it's interesting that Damien got a Crawdaunt too... Considering who else gets one, I will take this as good foreshadowing by the game that I completely missed the first time I played it. I agree with you on the fact that this story could definitely be better written, though as I have seen far edgier fangames I will give this one credit for being fun at points as well.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
@io_ the 1.2.5 update also makes the game less easy to break. oh woe is me, i can no longer use lernean dragon rage (7 * 40 set damage lmao). the ai got smarter and i'm pretty sure the randomizer mode got an overhaul too, so now's a great time to do a nuzlocke of it again X-X. Also, wow- nice catch with the crawdaunt. it's such a shame that, say, audrey doesn't have a deoxys-defense in place of her lugia :laugh: honestly would be so much easier to handle.
look, the whole reason why i never updated was because i had to EV train everything... and boy, that took a while.

oh yeah, we're in the sewers! the dark! pit! of helios! took the time to give my lapras a water type custom move (70 bp phys move that can be whatever type you want it to be)

it's -spatk +spdef, so temporary physical lapras. always wanted to use one!
ah, and it's time for another boss battle-

doesn't that look fun?

also, it has special pure power... so like, 182 spatk lol. actually a good pokemon!
lilligant is trash, but at least own tempo blocks dynamic punch from confusing >.>

spamming the giga drain and sleep powder and quiver dance button takes so much skill, i honestly dont know how lilligant users can do it. also catch this pyroar living on like, 1 hp lol.

actual trash kyurem set, but it can't hurt me unless it crits me with ice beam :)
just gonna take the turn to use an ether and....

lol it crit

lol it crit

ah, the power of mixed attacking flygon.
Alright, after him i get access to the mega ring- so... mega flygon time!
Oh, by the way, it turns out the leader of the region is actually a bad guy and killed the original good-guy leader. the bad guy leader wants to actually get unlimited power and murder all of the cults. i mean. you can literally guess this, because of the rampant propaganda supporting the new leader, but... hey, they tried.
This team is harder than the normal mode team, except for the lack of sniper / focus energy / draco meteor kingdra. that shit was so awful, oh my god.

Lol, gen 6 gale wings. based!

water absorb ftw! rocks was really annoying in this battle on my end, given the fact that I have three pokemon that take 1/4 damage from it.
but i mean, i set up my own... so....

the sheer power of iron defense (talo was setup fodder heehee) ! mega altaria legit can't touch me

don't worry, i used other pokemon... including a secret ace that i'll reveal in a couple images, i guess.

yay, we love ritual sacrifice! also the third gym leader just got shanked lmao
ok now. watch this. i have literally the best counter for this stupid boss battle.

i wrote his name in the book

anyways, you get a wynaut egg- this was my helios city encounter. also, you can buy focus sashes... soooooo.....
ahem. anyways, here's my current team- i added a delta pidgeot as a sack, since it's trash and doesn't actually get phys stab for its dragon dance nor an early mega stone for its monster spatk. but hey- delta pidgeotto has a pretty sick design so it's got that going for it (not much else, though).

team: machamp, mega flygon, gigalith, lapras, delta gardevoir, delta pidgeot
deaths: 7
badges: 3
got another update on the backend as usual, but it may be a while since.... circumstances have caused me to need to train up like, half a new team. stay safe everyone!

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
the bad guy leader wants to actually get unlimited power and murder all of the cults. i mean. you can literally guess this, because of the rampant propaganda supporting the new leader
alas it is indeed kinda obvious, even some things from his first speech sounded suspicious to me D: and of c it's never a good sign when your leader puts up giant golden statues of himself. nice work on getting through his rayquaza also xD

spamming the giga drain and sleep powder and quiver dance button takes so much skill, i honestly dont know how lilligant users can do it
dkjvhgsfkjghkjf lilligant is a good mon in nuzlockes okay ;P i feel this attacc

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
😭 i love you all so much for reading this run. i've been not playing this but the good news is i have at least two more chapters on the back burner and i haven't wiped yet so :V:

@io_ I would treat lilligant like a ball of mochi. I would repeatedly smash it with a hammer until I got the right consistency. I would then sell the green ball of goop to the highest bidder. I would make a profit off of the useless creature that is lilligant. all jokes aside lilligant is good. does its job as a one note attacker pretty well, just vulnerable to crits and being lucked.
and boomdidiyadah... i saw that like and i appreciate it!
do i even want to bother explaining whatever contrived bullshit is going on in the plot right now?..... no, i do not.

SLUGMA NUTS XD D D D D D D D D D D D D D

this is the man that uses stealth rocks + spikes ferrothorn in OU.

the game gives you an option of fighting nora or damian. i'm not looking to get destroyed by nasty plot mega delta blastoise with mega launcher, aura sphere, dark pulse, and vacuum wave so.....

this team may look broken (and it is), but my brand new shiny mega flygon puts in a lot of mileage.

with stab moves to boot.

hey! mine's ev trained, so it's better!

knock off for the aegislash... ice beam for the crobat.... ice beam for the florges... bug buzz for the leavanny.... drakon voice for the flygon... bug buzz for the celebi. yup, i know my type advantages all right. evs definitely helped for this one.
anyways, on to the library....

oh, is it 2010 and funny to hate weebs again? let's be real, if you're on the nuzforums you probably watch anime :x

this team is so bad, alexa play stalling out destiny bond soundtrack #102938102938

woohoo custom moves for my "amazing" physical lapras (hint: it sucks)

special aegislash in 2020? it's more likely than you think. and a whole lot easier to counter, heheh

oh yeah i added a special sack mon or something to the team. delta pidgeot gets: intimidate, and dragon dance but no physical stab moves! incredible, right? yeah, she's pretty much death fodder.

darn i was hoping it would die :v:

not meant to be, unfortunately. oh well, there's always next time!
hm... i think that's all for now. yeah yeah, short update but 1. idrc, and 2. hopefully this means i can squeeze out an extra chapter so i can finish the extra nuzlocke i've got going on.
team: machamp, mega flygon, gigalith, lapras, delta gardevoir, delta pidgeot
deaths: 7
see you guys in what's hopefully less than a month loll

• Haha

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
I would treat lilligant like a ball of mochi. I would repeatedly smash it with a hammer until I got the right consistency. I would then sell the green ball of goop to the highest bidder. I would make a profit off of the useless creature that is lilligant.
that. that was too visceral a description for my precious eyes... *(breaks into your factory and saves the poor lilligant)*

let's be real, if you're on the nuzforums you probably watch anime :x
dlhvsdkjvhsfk i feel called out and i've never even watched anime

...okay apart from that one time, i saw bits of a series b/c it was a sequel to some video games, but that's different

and maybe i saw the pokemon anime as a kid

and maybe i was thinking of watching the twilight wings anime drhgkhgk

but apart from all those times, definitely not xD ;p nope, not feeling the attacc at all

do i even want to bother explaining whatever contrived bullshit is going on in the plot right now?..... no, i do not.
why is this a mood ;p some pokemon fangames just. really make me appreciate the main series' games so much more

the game gives you an option of fighting nora or damian. i'm not looking to get destroyed by nasty plot mega delta blastoise with mega launcher, aura sphere, dark pulse, and vacuum wave so.....
and this is why i loved mega delta blastoise in my own nuzlocke ;ppp best starter, no i will not be taking questions at this time

No-name

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Likes vandalizing school buildings and is quite proud of doing so.
I have looked it up and Delta Pidgeot DOES get Physical STAB (Outrage and Knock Off). Just that Outrage is learned either through a move re-learner or at Level 68 and Knock Off is a tutor move that is available after the 8th gym. Which speaking of the 8th gym, how exactly did you wipe to the Mega Hydreigon? It isn't THAT strong.

Last edited:

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Hello BEAUTIFUL READER(S)! two replies 🙏
@io_ lysm biggest fan, dont peek in #challenge-discussion because i update there :v
@No-name basically... i lost 2 team members against damian, because psycho boost deoxys crit the second turn 😬 and then the game locks you out of the secret base, so i kinda just went "fuck it" because lol grinding and wiped because lernean broken (once it got substitute up it was pretty much gg). they nerfed lernean this update AND allowed access to the secret base, so i should be okay this time around... and yeah, Delta Pidgeot is kind of abyssmal. It does get pursuit, but it's 40 bp this gen so basically...anything above 60 bp does the same thing. Keep in mind i was using up my custom move at the time on "physical lapras", so that was also unfortunate.

real talk: i actually haven't encountered too many toxic players on showdown that blame hax!

you know what! i want a reason to use fire types! I agree!

whoever guesses when this thing will die gets a cookie. I can never keep haxorus alive....

audrey has,... a rain team. actual trash! honestly! last time i cheesed something with wobbuffet, but i'm playing on set now so that won't exactly work

hey, this ghost summoning part is new!

mega crawdaunt gets adaptability and fimmy moves. and that swift swim ludicolo! terrifying, right?
did you notice i had a new pokemon as my walking partner, by the way?

...preemptive cookie for anyone who can guess what i'm going to do.

swapping out? that's not very cash money of you.

"tanky"

"wait, what does kingdra even get that's super effective and can one shot crawdaunt??... and outspeed, for that matter?" (lefties + aqua jet caused +6 hp between turns)

swift swim + dragon dance + custom move grass

lugia came out, so i sacked off dpidgeot to heal up some stuff. also, lapras was there to absorb water moves, duh.

ancient roar! say goodbye, lugia!

toxic was annoying....i think i nearly pp stalled it there.

three cheers for broken megas!

hey, dnd alignment memes always make me giggle.

now, harmony prep.

yeah, call me the comedy man. also, delta haxorus had its back sprite changed from 1.24

neat detail, but the old one gave so much alpha energy so i'm a bit sad to see it go.

tree shark has so much more power than land shark. and you see that hidden grotto? yeah, i got a -atk +speed mudkip... could be okay later on once i get access to the mega + use powerup punch, but whatever.

mirror matches are funnier when you one shot the other pokemon.
anyways... i'm going to be doing a trade that is INTEGRAL to my harmony strat.

disgusting lead and team, by the way.

so i hop on the pikataxi to helios, and trade away my mystery mon. what will i get?
team: machamp, mega flygon, gigalith, delta haxorus, delta gardevoir, ??? (find out next time cuties)
deaths: 8
that's it for today folks :v: stay sane!

io_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
oh Insurgence, how lovely it is when you make out-of-place DnD references ;P it's nowhere near the worst text that i've seen in a fangame, but it's still a little jarring, and this is coming from me of all people when my only dialogue rule is "does it sound like something someone would say irl" ;p

persephone is incredibly snarky later on and i like her xD and audrey is cool as always. that kingdra cleaned house though, that was awesome!

Nickytung

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Sharkira is nice, D Haxorus always puts in work in hard mode, especially with Harmony coming up next. Good luck with that D Crustle, you're gonna need it...

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
How was Lernean nerfed in the new patch? I know it doesn't work with Dragon Rage now but what else was changed about it? Also that Damian battle before the 8th gym is peak Tauros-shit.

While this game likes throwing Tauros-shit battles at you, it is pretty generous with the stuff it gives you. Such as a Life Orb, a Leftovers, a Lucky Egg, infinite Focus Sashes,a powerful Mega or two, the Secret Base utilities AND a Wobuffet all before the 3rd gym which is well more than what most fan-games do.

Btw If you can, please do make an attempt to explain/summarize the plot.

Edit : Something I've noticed with Insurgence playthroughs (Nuzlocke or not) is that Taen specifically gets so many crits that I am starting to think that the RNG is rigged in his favour.

Last edited:

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
persephone is incredibly snarky later on and i like her xD
I have lost some respect for you for liking the absolute failure known as Persephone.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Hey! It's update time, dear readers!
@io_ as much as i claim to hate all the characters in this game, some of them are like... r/comedyheaven material. and yes, fortnite clenched that epic victory royale!
@Nickytung ly b i'm sure you can't wait to find out what happens in this "extremely exciting" update
@No-name along with removing multi-hit moves activating more than once, they also decreased the amount of damage it does- damage done now decreases with each hit. about the plot, i am playing ahead of the updates i send so you'll start seeing some plot-related screenshots next update :yay:
@Honey Badger i am so proud of my babies and they definitely won't die this update :whistling:
On to the update!

ah, it always feels so satisfying winning mirror matches.
anyways....

last time on insurgence, I traded my Stunky away.... for....

So... that's basically my Harmony plan. extremely skilled, I know.

Hopefully, Delta-Haxorus (water/steel) will be able to sweep.

"too skilled used baton pass!". Wow, I genuinely see what Anything Goes players feel when they baton pass stats. What a rush.

Sharkira used heavy slam!
Since Mega Miltank weighs a fuck ton, I just go for aqua tail.
I hate this game lol.

turn 1 paralysis AND full paralysis turn. I had clicked revenge there.
I had no choice but to sack machamp here, because mega miltank's ability is essentially what amounts to a metronome item.

I was genuinely too panicked to screenshot here, but... gigalith died to a crit moonblast from togekiss. he took two moonblasts and killed with rock slide, but the game seems to hate me.
And with that, all my early-game carries are dead. Yikes.

yeah, how? does every single one of your mons have serene grace or something???

the box grows... oh yeah, that archen i never showcased. I was ev training it but I didn't realize it was level 5 so it just got one shot by a crit thundershock from a level 1 raichu lol. it's a shame, I love archeops.

it's sap sipper, not regurgitation... unfortunately.

two immunities are better than this gulp-missile-esque ability, but... it's just so funny.

oh hey! our favorite stupid penguin that I'm not sure I even showcased using is back! chill bill!
Next time on Insurgence: We go to the senior home and steal stuff from old people and there's also plot, I think.
team: delta muk, delta gardevoir, jellicent, empoleon, mega flygon, delphox
deaths: 12 (the death counter got fucked up sometime between updates but i'm too lazy to go and fix it lol)
badges: 4

A bulk of my absence was spent dreading EV training, so the next update should come out faster than 2 weeks!..... probably.
:V:catch you all later!

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
So, does Lernean not function as a bootleg Serene Grace now? (In the previous versions a Dark Pulse from a 5-headed M-Hydreigon had like 67% chance of flinching)
I feel so lucky that I beat this game before 1.2.5 came out so I did NOT have to deal with getting swept by Crabcake.
Btw have fun dealing with the boss fight that's coming next. Yeah, this game has a lot of boss fights.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Finished with my APs! In celebration, here's an update because I don't have an update schedule and i can update whenever i want, truly freeing
@No-name Yup, that's it- moves like draco meteor will only decrease spatk once, for example. contact moves do trigger stuff like rocky helmet multiple times, though. funny simple shell smash crab was stronger in 1.2.4, right? It had the super-funny earthquake instead of superpower :/ Also yeah the next boss fights are gonna suck LITERALLY WHO DECIDED THE TAEN MULTI BATTLE SHOULD BE A THING EVER

I spend an unholy amount of time EV training.

fastest dragon alive, baby

you can get this mega zebstrika by doing like a bajillion more races, but i'm not sure if it's worth it or not- competetive electric/fairy, might come back to him later though. 141 speed is *chef's kiss* beautiful

so..the candle is hungry. delta litwick is a fire/fairy type, pretty decent i suppose.

never mind, our idiot trainer is dead.

....me? getting a good ability and/or nature? NONSCENTS! it's funny because nonsense and non-scented candles... ahaha....

before we continue with plot, let me present to you: stealing from old people in the nursing home!

wait until this goober wakes up and finds out we took his medication lmao

chad Reukra of the Perfection Cult threatens to kill off poor old grannies, guys. look how evil he is. hint hint, nudge nudge.

"i'm not going to let you force-inject some weird chemical into his bloodstream!"
Harmony (4th gym leader) is anti-vaxx? geez, no wonder she uses normal types. [insert funny normie joke here]

How the fuck did he get that? Come on dude, it's rarer than a shiny? I can't believe Reukra uses pkhx, that evil cheater.

OMG, he's gonna do a reverse pomeg berry hp overflow glitch!

Please give me this virus so that I can inject them into my pokemon and skip ev training, kthx.
the cutscene was covered up by the text boxes (lol) so here's an accurate summary of what happened

deoxys grandpa kidnaps barry-lite

good luck finding the plot nora and harmony! you'll need it!

one of these days flygon having an 85% accuracy STAB move is going to bite me in the ass.

not today though. goggles lives to scream another day!

guess what i named it. and listen, if you think it's not going to have some combination of the words "funny" and "edge" you may have to consider whose thread you're reading.

wow, another solrock/lunatone trainer! impressive! there are like four in this game, i s2g. what you see here is the Lunatone using Magic Room. According to Bulbapedia,
Magic Room suppresses the effect of all items held by the Pokémon on the field. This does not affect mega stones.
Well, it does in Insurgence! It could be funny for me to use, but the AI rarely switches from a pokemon to the mega- and magic room doesn't devolve mega evolutions so I would have to use it on the switch in :/

Improved AI my ass, it went for solar beam. In rain. Preeetty sure stone edge would have done more.

broken game smh, lapras sprite + trainer sprite disappears when fishing while surfing.

my man's tried to horn drill me after agility. seaking's stuck in the wrong gen, this isn't red/blue/yellow. further proof that seaking is a trash and idiot mon. it's not even lightning rod.

the Fly TM will be useful, since after plot happens the PikaTaxi isn't available in Kepler City.
Also we're in Kepler City now, by the way.

I love finding rare TMs that cost thousands of pokedollars in a random bush! Just kidding, I didn't find it. I used the wikia :drunk:

Incredible encounter tables, truly. Only one bad mon, and it's tropius. Oh hey, look who my first encounter is!

A homeowner in every home! You can do this, and totally won't help cause a recession or economic collapse! I believe in you, just borrow from a bank :wooper:

What do they say about scientists getting caught up in their work and skipping days of rest? Anyways, that's Anastasia- the electric/steel 5th gym leader.

Oh hai Audrey (she's the one that leads the Abyssal Cult

Uh, their logo is a Kyogre. But you can be a fan of multiple pokemon, smh.

very responsible! let the kid try and stop audrey from summoning a sea monster!

rip pikataxi you will be missed

ah, cosplay. we fit right in, i'm sure.

seeing a mega's stat level ups will never not be funny.

to get the password, you have to fight a bunch of grunts. i ain't about that life, baby.

kinda creepy. i'm straight up himiko toga-ing this base.

i'll give you 10 bucks if you can guess who the suspicious person was. also putting on the audrey disguise disables all battles, pretty slick.

he is truly.... a chill bill... haha..... end me. (ludicolo poggers- ludipoggers?)

prep for audrey (meth supply is the dgarde)

uh... funny lusamine joke. yeah, we'll roll with that.

bro, you have two legendaries. don't get greedy, icarus.

someone's flying a bit too close to the sun here.

my plan for audrey is to set up calm mind + substitute on focus sash delta gardevoir, and click thunderbolt like 7 times.
i'm kind of a tactical genius. However, if dgarde dies my plan is boned because primal kyogre does NOT get one shot and kind of just kills my entire team with calm mind. Also, 90 base speed. holy shit.

let's a-go

it can't volt switch because I have lightning rod. lanturn deez nuts lmao

oops- psyshock broke my substitute. still have a sash, so i'm good.

holy shit, i did not think that would outspeed. Same base speed, and I have 252 speed EVs- which confirms the fact that Hard Mode trainers have optimal EVs and perfect IVs/natures.

water/dragon with drizzle- Delta Serp outspeeds me, so I go for a heal since the worst it could do is dragon tail me.

CRIT HYDRO PUMP :V::V::V::V::V::V::V:
MY PRIMAL KYOGRE COUNTER IS DEAD AND AUDREY STILL HAS THREE MONS 🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀
Actually, you know what? This update is getting kind of long. I think I'll continue the Audrey fight next time!
😘 love you all kthxbye
team: delta muk, kingdra, empoleon, mega flygon, delphox
deaths: 13
badges: 4

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Oooh... yeah, that's not good. Will you and your team get out of this alive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)