• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Screenshot Alola Eclipse

Thread Description
Update #19: Hated - vs. Guzma [10/1/19]

Manic

Candlebearer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Never Forget - Never Give Up - Grind Like Hell
This is probably exactly what you think it is.
1. Standard Nuzlocke rules. You know how this works.

2. PERSISTENT STARTER - You may not remove your starter from your active team.

3. STARTER DEATH - If your starter dies, the run is failed.

4. THE SPICE OF LIFE - If your first catch would be a duplicate of the evolutionary line of a living pokemon you own, ignore it and repeat until an eligible pokemon is found.

5. NO CHANCE, NO FAIR - The mandatory Pikipek encounter at the beginning of the game does not count as your catch for that area.

6. DEFINE 'FIRST' - You may catch any pokemon in the first encounter for an area, including pokemon called for help.

7. EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION - No pokemon may know a move that was once an HM. This includes Cut, Defog, Dive, Flash, Fly, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, Waterfall, and Whirlpool. If a pokemon learns this move by level-up, it must be replaced as soon as possible.

8. ITS OWN REWARD - You may not use Pokemon Refresh.

9. SERIOUS BUSINESS - You may not use Festival Plaza (apart from Wonder Trade) or Poke' Pelago.

10. WONDERFUL 101 - You have one 'stock' of Wonder Trade use. This may be expended at any time. Each time you defeat a kahuna or captain, that stock is replenished by 1. You cannot hold more than one Wonder Trade use at a time. Any pokemon received in this way that is a dupe or whose level exceeds (10 + (3 x number of captains/kahunas beaten)) must be re-traded.

Hey, yeah, here we go.
Our connection is secure, right?
You kidding me? Only one person knows we're on this call, and you know right where she is.
...thanks, Professor.
Hey, think nothing of it! Anything for family, right?
...right.
Aw, c'mon. You'll see, it won't be so bad! There's no shortage of cool people to meet here!

No shortage...right.
For real, though! You've seen this place. Compared to your old home, it's like a wild frontier out here!
I mean, it's a nice place, don't get me wrong.
You'd better believe it! And you can hardly take three steps without stumbling over a Pokemon!

...in your face while you're trying to make a call...
'Sup!
Oh, uh, hey there. That's a, uhm. Hang on. I know this one!
BZZZT! Time's up! The answer is 'Rockruff'!

Dude. Right in front of the kid?
C'mon, Rockruff. Off the table, you know the rules!
Man, next time you have a hottie over, I'm totally barking like a crazy 'mon at nothing for hours.
Pffft!
What? What'd he say?
Don't sell me out!
He said he'll play with you another time.
Solid. I'll remember this.
Right! So, anyway. About your 'trainer passport' picture.

Yeah, it's weird, but I guess it suits me?
Hah! You are weird, no doubt!
I doubt my parents would even recognize me.
Hey, hey, c'mon now. None of that. I know they would.
You think so?
No doubt about it. Now c'mon, let's go to the next step.

There you go.
Alex, huh? Sure, that works.
Sounds wrong, though.
You're gonna want to get used to it. Learn to answer to it.
... ... ...I wish-
-I know, man. Believe me, I know. I wish it was like that too. But we're gonna have to keep on keepin' on, right?
Right.

Sure thing...cousin.
Huh. What's up?
You really think this'll work?
It'd better, for all our sakes.

Last edited:

Uberle

Lur King
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bother him
Ok that ending line right there got me.
Now I need to make sure to look out for this.

S

Snazz

A new Manic run!
This Rockruff is best Rockruff, this is all I have to say.

S

Starflame

Definitely starting out the run with a lot of questions, looking forward to seeing where it goes from here!

A lot of the "routes" in the earlier game seems to run together, from what I recall, so goood luck with your first few catches.

As an aside, is the Sun or Moon? I'm not super familiar with the Gen so I wasn't able to tell from the first update! (Unless you're leaving that a secret till later for suspense reasons).

Ardomew

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
Woo, a new run(hopefully a lighter one) from Manic! I was honestly expecting to see a Kalos run from you in the near future, but I can definitely get on board with Gen 7!

Just throwing this out here, but you're dead to me if you don't choose Popplio! (Just kidding!)

C

Cecil

"I Rise once more. Once more I return. The ritual is complete, and once again, Manic has called me forth."

I figure sense I noped the hell out of the vile, donut and stan run's id pop back in to check out this one atleast. :V

let's see what happens. Gets the
ready in advance

J

josephyacomine

Oooh. The suspense is real already. What's going on in Alola, I wonder? :) Looking forward to it!

P

Pixxyofflames

OOOOOH BOY. this is really the first manic run i'll be able to interact with! And already with the plot intrigue! I'm looking forward to what's coming next! ... and who your starter is gonna be, because honestly i like all three of them in some way, and looking forward to how you give them personality~

good luck, break a leg, whatever luck expression is out there.

H

HunterX55

Yes! Yes!

I can finally, finally, watch a run from the beginning!!
And it's a manic run, of all things!
I'm already wondering who the main character is. I'm so excited!

Y

YamiX

Fuck yes fuck yes fuck yessssss!

As far as I can tell, this is the first vanilla SM screenshot run! You beat me to it, dammit! I'll try again for USUM

No idea where Alex comes from...

I've figured it out. This is a sequel to Blinding Light, isn't it? With the idea that Alex is a fake name and since an eclipse can blind you. Well played, if I'm correct.

Good luck!

Alba Corbina

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
I already like that rockruff. Actually, I think I like all the characters already; this should be fun!

OrdoSkirata

Space Nerd
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Wild Ordo will often hide alone; however, caught specimen are loyal until their death.
Wait, I actually get to comment LIVE on a Manic run? Madness.

Looks like "Alex" here is good with Pokemon, and seems to be the only one that can speak to them. Wonder how that'll play out...

Excited to see what comes next!

T

TheOrzhovePrince

I am all ready for this shit. I've always wanted to see Manic handle this.

O-em333

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
A new run? Awesome! I've been thinking about starting a new playthrough of Moon so this should help get me in the mood to play it!

M

Miki-chan13

Excellent start to a new run- the undercurrent of emotion really got to me. I wonder what's going to happen next!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)