• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Crimbo '19: Like '18, but warmer.

Raverist

Supreme Blep.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Steel, Tough
As 2019 crawls closer to its end and the '10s are on their deathbed, let us ignore the fate of this decade in favour of indulging ourselves in bragging about our capitalist hauls this capitalist day!

Which is to say, how'd your Christmas gift haul go this year?

Me? My main gift this year is a new phone to replace my old second hand one, a funny little mini drone thing, and confectionery.

Lots and lots of confectionery.

We're talking a good 3kg+ of jelly beans, a big salted caramel lolly, a decently sized box containing nothing but chocolate (including Reese's cups, a rarity in this part of blighty), a couple cans of pringles which while not sweet are still edible, and a hot chocolate set which will be bloody lovely.

So how did you lot do?

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.

That's the physical goodies. Past those bonuses, my extended family have been pretty solid this year about sticking to cash and Amazon gift cards (all I ever ask for when anyone says anything), which gives me a nice tidy bundle of spending money to get a few bits over the next year.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
I got a new hoodie, gift cards to Panda Express and Amazon (although I have no idea what I'm gonna get at Amazon), and the best Christmas gift one can get...CASHOLA!!!

💵 💵 💵 🤑 🤑 🤑 💵 💵 💵

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Both Pokémon Sword and Shield, a carrying case for my Switch, money, gift cards, and some things for my car (specifically a frame for my license plate, which may not sound like a big deal, but every time I go to a car wash it gets bent, so it should come in handy).
Apparently there's something else coming next week, which is weird and I have absolutely no idea what it could be...

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
UPDATE: spent the amazon vouchers, so I've got a digi copy of Shield now to go with cart Sword, copies of Daemon X Machina and The Outer Worlds, and a USB splitter for my laptop so I can actually have my old 360 controller rigged up to it at the same time as a proper mouse lol

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I mostly got Amazon cards, which I spent on Discworld ebooks as I gradually donate my large book collection. I'm down to just two bookshelves full of books now (mostly manga), and soon my collection will be entirely digital.

Other than that, I received a New York Islanders Puck & Paws calendar (a bunch of Islanders players posing with service dogs in training), a few star wars novelties, and tickets to a Weezer/Green Day/Fall Out Boy concert next summer.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Late update: that gift that was coming late turned out to be something really neat-a blanket with one side made out of a bunch of my old shirts.
One side is nostalgic and the other is comfy as hell-I love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)