• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Serious Coronavirus Public Discussion

Rhema

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
Like most if not all of you, my husband and I have been stuck inside for about two weeks straight now. We only go out to the grocery, for our daily walk around our complex, and to drive out to check on the progress of our house. We're lucky enough to where my husband's work, as a software developer, isn't affected by the quarantine in the slightest, which I thank my lucky stars for every day. I know many people in the US as well as all around the world aren't as fortunate.

I think the most disturbing part of this for me is how restricted I feel. I'm an introvert by nature and 9/10 would prefer staying inside in the first place, but the fact that I CAN'T go anywhere kind of creeps me out and makes me feel like I'm in jail. We try to go outside as much as possible just for some fresh air and sunshine, but it doesn't really mask the fact that the vast majority of places are off-limits right now.

We close on our house April 29th, and will be moving that weekend. For some reason I've almost been viewing that date as the "end" of this all- likely because it'll be such a big change that I'm expecting corona to like, pale in comparison or something? I'm coming to terms with the fact that us moving will be a nice treat but doesn't change the fact that life sucks at the moment and things will likely be locked down for at least another month past that.

At least we're all in this together. Knowing that most people globally are having the same struggles and anxiety as I am is a small comfort.

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
We started preparing well over a month before things started going down where I am, when nobody here thought it was anything to worry about, because we knew what was going to happen. Which meant that we were already completely stocked on food (And other things like a few extra bottles of shampoo or soap that we were very much in need of before) long before other people started to stock up, and we were able to make good use of sales. (It also couldn't have been a more opportune time because I now have to eat mostly home cooked foods and now my mother actually has the time to cook those foods, so the coincidence with my change in diet was at least good. My lack of snacks....not so good. Having the cupboards so stocked with food is nice though, and I really wish they were always this full.)

I haven't left the house in over two months, since I don't leave the house often anyways and the things I had planned to do only came around after it was too late. I'm perfectly okay with this. I do everything i normally do, and It's made no impact on my life except my mother actually being around to make food. My mother had to pick up medicine and stopped at the first day, first hour of opening of the farmers market because we ran out of vegetables but since the actual quarantine that's the only time anybody has left the house. And since I'm one of the more vulnerable populations that has at least a decently higher chance of dying if I get this, that's a good thing. (That's also something I'm fairly calm about, though I expect that might change if I actually got sick. I honestly don't feel anything but calm. Situations like these and less severe ones, the panic switch just gets flipped off and I jump into "command mode.")

On another note, somebody in the neighborhood decided to mow their lawn for three whole hours non stop, which I might have said was somebody who desperately wanted to get some outdoors time if I hadn't heard them mow their lawn all day plenty of times before for as many years as I've been around home that time of day. What's actually surprising is that the I haven't heard the neighbor who chops wood/saws/hammers all day long for awhile now. (I don't know what they're building. What they're doing. Is it their business or just their hobby? It can't possibly be just one thing. They've hammered all day for too long for that to be so, and all day is not an exaggeration. The lack of hammering in the neighborhood is actually unusual.)

I can't make my newly favorite kind of curry and probably won't be able to for a few months yet at least because the ingredients I need/want aren't in stock or in season yet and probably won't be till the summer. I've only had the curry once and I've been wanting to eat it again so badly, for what feels like weeks upon weeks. The longer I go without it the more I want it, and the more I realize just how good it was.

We're having ramen today, pad Thai and-not at the same time-a new pancake recipe with strawberries and vanilla and cream on top another day, and jeera rice, chana masala and hopefully homemade naan for a meal another time-depending on how long the other meals last.
We stocked up on all the main shelf stable ingredients for those foods right from the start, so we've been able to eat good food and eat well. (Cheese, on the other hand, is pretty much gone. Milk for cooking won't last forever, and since we don't have anymore applesauce certain baked goods might be out of the question.)

All in all, we're doing pretty well. We're going to run out of some foods which will suck, but we can get by plenty well even without those for awhile.

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
So a couple of days later I'm feeling fine. Cough started producing mucus and the weird general malaise in my muscles cleared up. But until they roll out antibody testing to the general public, I'm not going to know if this was it. I mean it's equally likely this could have been innocuous or even stress related. Honestly, there's a lot of stress in not knowing. And since I can't know, that means I have to stay inside for an entire week from the onset of those symptoms just to be safe.

At least I can go out into the garden (read: concrete patio with a dead potted plant in the corner) and soak up some sun on what is a nice day.

Couples-Consoling

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
A married couple Nuzlocking together!
I think the most disturbing part of this for me is how restricted I feel. I'm an introvert by nature and 9/10 would prefer staying inside in the first place, but the fact that I CAN'T go anywhere kind of creeps me out and makes me feel like I'm in jail. We try to go outside as much as possible just for some fresh air and sunshine, but it doesn't really mask the fact that the vast majority of places are off-limits right now.
I'm having a very strange opposite reaction - the quarantine is making me feel free in the most meaningful way I've felt in AGES. I've got the personality defect of HATING any burden placed on my time that is imposed upon me by others, and right now? All my time is my own. I'm honestly happy, and that's... kind of unusual.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that this disaster is worth it, or that it has some magical silver lining that we should focus on or whatever. But if I could live this way a long time, I think I would.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
A couple of days ago, our president decided to restrict the isolation even further: Mondays, Wednesday y Friday only man will be allowed to leave; Tuesdays, Thursdays y Saturdays will be women´s turn; and Nobody is allowed to leave at all on SUndays.

Oddly enough, it kinda backfired, as yesterday the markets and stores were FILLED WITH PEOPLE. Let that one sink in.

Violenceman

The Night Time Nuzlocker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Scourge of the underworld, boon to the bandage industry

With a wife and daughter that both have blood disorders that leave them with compromised immune systems and a son that has repository issues, this has been a rather surreal time for me. Being the only person able to go to grocery stores, laundromats, etc and having the responsibility of making sure I am not bringing anything into the house is pretty heavy. Trying to maintain a semblance of a normal life for the all of us, while balancing working from home, has been a Herculean task. Just trying to stay optimistic as best as I can.

Working on a humor-based run forces me to try and be funny, which helps in keeping me laughing and not sliding into worry and panic. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
So, this morning, a lady got on the bus, sat near me, and started coughing a storm. I couldn't move since there were no empty seats and the bus was in motion. Inatead of covering her mouth, she turned part way through and started coughing on the window. But she said "It's okay, I have a mask in my purse."

I hope she was just having a cold or allergies and not Corona... >.>

She also offered me a cough drop. I declined.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
The President of my country extended the obligatory isolation until April 26th.

In other news, the goverment decided to fully prohibit going outside this Thursday and Friday ( Days of the Holy Week)
And of course, today stores were flooded with people yet again, to prepared for these couple of days.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
Listening to a phone call from one of my Aunts about my uncle who got the virus. They’re saying his oxygen level is decreasing, and that he might have to be moved to ICU. Man, I feel bad for my family right now.

Tsugumi Hazawa

Ordinary but Hardworking
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Haneoka High School (IRL: Makassar, Indonesia)
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
Character: She/Her, IRL: He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal
Man oh man... i haven't made much activity in the last month for Nuzlocke Forums, and now there's this Coronavirus thing running down everywhere, even in near the place i live in.

It also affected my family. My parents are actively trying to keep the family safe from the virus, and both of my siblings have to stay at home just like me and attend online school lessons. Me and the family have been going out in Sundays for about three weeks in a row - but they are trying to avoid public places and look for places to go that are almost empty and devoid of other people. Maybe in a few weeks from now, we won't be going anywhere for a while, except for my father who just have to keep our shop supplied and not empty. (Don't worry, he got his masker and gloves)

Speaking of which, i sometimes feel like i have a problem with breathing in fresh air... but oh please, that's not because of Coronavirus, it's just my allergic reaction to cold temperature rooms (including my own bedroom).

Hope you guys stay safe. Prioritize your real life over anything on internet first.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
Frequently criticizes inane video game plots, especially those involving spiky haired boys and cats.
Update on my Uncle. His situation is steadily improving. They are putting him through oxygen therapy and it is getting results. I'm glad that he's going to be ok. It's kind of become an event within my family honestly, people I've never ever heard about are calling my mother to talk about my uncle. But hopefully everyone will calm down once he's back on his feet again.

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
My store just banned the use of reusable bags as a safety precaution. They've taken a lot of actions that make sense to me but... this one feels a little bizarre. I guess because cashiers would have to touch the "potentially infected" bags? But... don't they have to touch the much, much, much more common "potentially infected" money?

...And it's also kinda annoying since I can't really shop for cold stuff now on days I have to ride the bus since I can't use my insulated bag.

We're also supposed to all get masks soon too. I'm hoping they at least got decent ones and not something that'll basically just be for show.

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
@Rumors I feel your pain. My city put a temp ban on reusable bags a few weeks back as well. It'll probably depend on the store and/or managers - I know Shaws here is outright not letting people bring their bags into the store any more - but there's a chance you could still use your bags! At my store we've been allowing people to still bring their bags in, we just can't bag them for them; we're a smaller store without dedicated baggers, so we've been passing their items down to them for them to bag themselves. Or, if that's not an option, if you have a backpack or something, you might be able to store your insulated bags in there, take the paper/plastic ones they give you in-store, and then rebag them with the insulated ones outside.

It might not technically be allowed, but I figure, if the only one touching your bags is you and the store is being cleaned regularly (which it should be regardless), it's not like you're hurting anyone. As someone who also takes the bus, if the buses aren't going to run often and fast enough to let you carry cold foods from the store in the bags they want you to use (shoutout to the South Portland buses for cutting their hours back to only running every other hour, only until 7PM, and only having one of the 24 buses running, making it even more crowded because everyone normally taking the B now has to take the A - Super cool way of "limiting the spread" and definitely not making the likelihood of infection even higher for those of us who can't drive because we're all having to pack in like sardines to get to work and stuff. Super cool and not at all shitty), if you're not hurting others, you should be able to take the steps necessary to get the food you need to live. If that means using reusable bags that you and you alone have touched, do it, and - This is going to sound petty and spiteful and extremely white privileged, and make no mistake, it absolutely is, because I am full of salt over the way things like the bus systems are actively making it harder for low-income, disabled, and otherwise less well-off people to function - if it gets to the point that it becomes an outright law that you can't use reusable bags to the point that just having them on your person can get you in trouble, tell the cops that if they have a problem with the fact that, because the public transport systems don't work well enough, you're using bags that nobody else has touched, they can drive you to and from the store themselves.

Fool

I'm Eltaba now.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Rock
Pokédex Entry
I do have bad news, not of the personal variety, but still saddens me a lot. The voice actor for the Soldier from Team Fortress 2, Rick May, has died due to complications with the Coronavirus. They were a brilliant actor and brought incredible life to the characters they portrayed. I wish the best for his family and friends.

Edit: I wanted to include this image, this was written by the voice actor of the Sniper. The thread* (autocorrect turned it to threat) rules stated to make sure to fact check so I wanted to confirm that I had the information.

Last edited:

BlackDragoon

The Silent Peace Walker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Pretends to be silent but once he starts talking, it's hard to shut him up.
The goddamn virus is making things worse around here:
- Both my mother and sister can't work because of the quarantine (Which stands until the 26th, for now) and since they have their own business, no work means no income.
- My dad lost his job as well last year, and the outbreak costed him the only job opportunity that showed up in March.
- Our emergency funds are almost done for.

Fortunately for us, I still have my job, and I think I can keep us all afloat for a while.
That is, of course, if I get paid despite being locked up at home for more than a month.

Knowing that our financial situation depends on a job that may or may not pay me in the near future is kind of stressing.

Rhema

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
My uncle tested positive for COVID and is currently in the hospital on oxygen (but not a ventilator, thank goodness). He's a nurse that was specifically working with Corona patients that need dialysis, so it was only a matter of time. We are worried for him, of course, but also for my cousin who has a slew of heart issues on top of down syndrome possibly having contracted it from him. My aunt (also a nurse) was smart enough to quarantine him on the far side of their home for the past few weeks, but who knows how well that'll work.

He's the first person I know, well, personally that's gotten Corona. I'm just hoping he recovers quickly and didn't pass it along to other family members.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My period for paid self-quaratine is ending, so I’m heading back to work again soon. Even if we’re on the downswing in my area, I’m still worried about catching it, because it’s going to be running through public transit for a while.

starmouse

All in service of some implacable "just cause".
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is said to be scared of its own shadow. It can often be found sitting in the rain.
I ordered some cute fabric that just arrived in the mail, so I'm looking forward to sewin' some quality masks. The couple I've made from t-shirts and hoodie strings are super janky-looking, although they work well enough to avoid "speaking moistly", as our prime minister put it, right before cringing at himself (I want that on a shirt but not really). I'm gonna switch to the Olson pattern I think, and include pockets for insertable filters.

My store just banned the use of reusable bags as a safety precaution. They've taken a lot of actions that make sense to me but... this one feels a little bizarre. I guess because cashiers would have to touch the "potentially infected" bags? But... don't they have to touch the much, much, much more common "potentially infected" money?
Where I live, cash transactions are banned everywhere I've gone to. It's card-only. Cashiers also wear disposable gloves.

Rhema

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Update on my uncle who tested positive for COVID- he's been in the hospital for a week now and got put on a ventilator yesterday. I've read a lot of stories about ventilators being the "kiss of death" for Corona patients, so we are just hoping and praying he's okay. It's scary how quickly this virus can cause a person to take a bad turn.

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and foreign languages.
Update on my uncle who tested positive for COVID- he's been in the hospital for a week now and got put on a ventilator yesterday. I've read a lot of stories about ventilators being the "kiss of death" for Corona patients, so we are just hoping and praying he's okay. It's scary how quickly this virus can cause a person to take a bad turn.
I'm really very sorry to hear that. I hope that no matter what happens, life turns out okay for you guys :C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)