• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

[COMPLETED][VIDEO] Pokémon Rivals: X vs. Y Nuzlocke

R

rickie-d

HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Omega Ruby vs. Alpha Sapphire is over too! Check out the Pokémon Insurgence thread here!
Hello hello hello! It's been a while! For those of you who weren't around way back when, I'm Rick, representing The D-Pad, here with a brand-new Nuzlocke we cooked up: Pokémon Rivals: X vs. Y!

It's pretty simple:
  • I will start by playing Pokémon X with the rules listed further down.
  • Once I have beaten the first gym, I will stop playing.
  • John will play Pokémon Y with the same rules until he beats the first gym.
  • Once he's done that, we will then have an exhibition match (read: no fatalities) between our gym-winning teams.
  • Whoever wins will continue their journey immediately, until beating the second gym.
  • Whoever loses will go second, giving them a chance to strategize for the next face-off.
  • Best of 9 (or whoever makes it further) wins!
With that, let's get this party started!

Our rules are thus:
1. We may only catch the first eligible Pokémon in any area.
2. If a Pokémon faints, it is dead and must be boxed permanently.
3. We must name every Pokémon we catch.
4. No breeding.
5. No outside influences, such as trading, Mystery Gifts, or 3DS StreetPass.
6. No duplicates. If we encounter a Pokémon in the same evolutionary line as something we already own, it is not an eligible encounter.
House Rule: We may catch any shinies we see, but if it was not an eligible encounter, we must box it permanently.

And away we go!

Final X video: Pokémon X - FINALE - "It's Been a Long Time Coming"
Final Y video: Pokémon Y Postgame - FINALE - "This Is Really Disappointing"
Final X vs. Y video: Pokémon X vs. Y - FINAL ROUND- "No More"

Bonus videos:
Pokémon Z, starring C/J: "Ten Blackflip"
ORAS Special Demo Version #1: "Your Ideal Type(s) of Guy(s)"
ORAS Special Demo Version #2: "Christmas Man"
ORAS Special Demo Version #3: "This Is It"
State of the D: November 2014
Pokémon XY vs. Z: "Turtle Power"
X vs. Y: Postmortem
Pokémon GO: Reaction Video
Active Teams
Rick's Pokémon (League Champion)
Cookie 69
Masala 69
Rotisserie 67
Clementine 69
Klondike 69
Thumper 76
John's Pokémon (Nuzlocke Champion)
Knuckles 78
Dragonzord 80
Thumper 91
Skull Kid 70
Doomgaze 71
Death 71
Boxed Catches
Rick's Pokémon
Drumstick 17
Hamburger 31
Cheerios 13
Marshmallow 15
Honey 14
Shia LaBeouf 25
Bowl 30
Champignon 34
Chili 38
Carrot 50
John's Pokémon
Mips 17
PiranhaPlant 11
Estus 61
Robotnik 33
Tael 14
King K. Rool 15
Kathe 28
Death Egg 24
Mario 32
Kinopio 35
Boo 34
NightmareKey 37
Banjo 40
Deku 38
Tark 47
Stalfos 50
Lulu 49
Yoshi 58
ChillPenguin 70
Kefka 70
Wayne Knight 70
Traded Away
Rick's Pokémon
Sweetmeats 15
John's Pokémon
Pizzaheart 15
The Graveyard
Rick's Pokémon
Napoleon 10 - 20
Amaura 20 - 22
Soylent 21 - 26
Benedict 5 - 59
Linguine 32 - 58
Cadbury 4 - 56
Clover 10 - 64
Easy Bake 45 - 52
Venison 50 - 58
Onion Knight 7 - 64
Muffin 34 - 49
Bloodsausage 12 - 64
Cinnamon 25 - 38
Nestlé 31
Jellybean 28
Bear Claw 52
Potato Salad 44
Blackforest 49
Pepper 47
John's Pokémon
Kirby 3 - 19
Tyrunt 20 - 26
Quetzalcoatl 3 - 29
Tanuki 19 - 19
Mothula 2 - 26
Ghost Train? 31 - 31
Ultros 30 - 61
Illegal Catches
Rick's Pokémon
Qdoba 19 - 24
John's Pokémon
Wobbuffet 22

T

The-Great-Gastly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm only a few minutes into the first video and this is already amazing.

X BENEDICT IS FAB.

R

rickie-d

John spots another potential catch in today's episode, and we encounter some, uh... questionable trainers.

BritishAirSnails

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Beware the BritishAirSnail. They come from the sky and leave their slime EVERYWHERE
All right, I have watched all of your guys videos the last couple of days and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I haven't watched a videolocke with two commentators before (or 3 or 4, depending on who is with you :P) and I'm happy to find it's very entertaining. Just listening to the back and forth between you two is great and you bring such energy that even watching the grinding isn't a chore, so that's a definite plus!

I'm also enjoying the friendly rivalry and seeing how your teams are shaping up. That first rival battle was pretty intense! Can't wait to see how the others turn out. We'll see if John will keep getting so lucky. Oh, speaking of John, I think I know why Mothula hits so hard (And freaking lucky jerk for having a Polar Vivillon!). If I remember correctly when you were on Mothula's stats screen, he's a Lonely Nature, which boosts Atk, so that's why he's such a beast ^^ You should show the rest of the natures of your teams as well as Kirby's Ability. I'm dying to know if she has Huge Power or Thick Fat! Azumarill is a tanky/hard hitter anyways, but if she has Huge Power you have no idea how lucky you are!

Okay, before I'm done babbling at you guys, I just want to say that there is a trade option back in Santalune City. There is a Hiker in one of the houses on the second row to the right that will trade you a Farfetch'd for a Bunnelby. So, even though you're kinda starting to like Mips, you can toss him if you like. Same for Cadbury, though I don't think Rick dislikes her that much. But if either of you go for it I can tell you it's worth it. Farfetch'd murders everything early game and levels up twice as fast since he's a trade. Murdering duck. Think about it.

One last thing (I swear) give PiranhaPlant a chance. Flabebes are actually quite useful and are Sp. Def tanks to the extreme, with pretty good Sp. Atk as well. She'll evolve to Floette at 19 and then into Florges with a Shiny Stone (Though be careful of that, because after becoming Florges she won't learn anymore moves by level up). Trust me, you have a little badass in the making.

Okay, that's all. I just want you guys to know you're doing a great job and I'll be anxiously waiting for the next video ^^

EDIT: Gah! Just realized I made a mistake. It's the second row of houses to the LEFT not the right ^^;

R

rickie-d

Whoo, glad to hear you're enjoying it so far! (So are we :P)

Next time we record (which is... well, quite a bit further into the LP -- we keep recording buttloads of videos whenever we have time), I'll make sure to have us check out the natures. Or maybe it'll be a bonus video or something, sort of a "hey, here's our stats, if you're into that sort of thing" sort of thing.

And damn, knew we missed something! It's interesting that it's a Bunnelby-Farfetch'd trade, and you're definitely correct, John is less a fan of Mips than I am of Cadbury. Definitely some good info we'll have to keep in mind!

And with that, today's episode! John chooses his Gen I starter, but more importantly, it's our 500th LP episode! (We've been at this a little while, ha)

BritishAirSnails

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Beware the BritishAirSnail. They come from the sky and leave their slime EVERYWHERE
Oh man, John gets all the levels! And yeaaah the Trainers on that stretch of road don't mess around o_o No deaths still, though, so that's awesome! Poor Knuckles and his awkward teenager stage. Don't worry, Buddy, you'll be a badass knight lookin' thing eventually.

So, I'm curious, are you guys going to be switching games after every Gym or just after so many videos? Just wondering since the 2nd Gym is such a crazy long ways away >.< I have to say I'm loving having a new video waiting for me when I get off work :P

R

rickie-d

Originally I was debating an every-few-videos deal, but seeing how far along we were after five episodes we opted to do whole chapters at a time. Which is okay, because we didn't wind up taking the journey at the same pace anyway. So once John makes it past Grant, I continue X from there!

EDIT: And yeah, Quilladin is... yikes.

T

The-Great-Gastly

Ugh, Quilladin is...not my favorite evolution. But once it evolves, it will wreck everything. Knuckles will be a tank.

Keep up the awesome work! This is by far the funniest and greatest Let's Play I've ever watched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)