• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto Teen Mon [COMPLETED] Shiro's Trial: a Nuzlocke Adventure in Kanto

Thread Description
final update - July 19, 2020

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPDATE TIME! AGAIN!
I'm going to ride this wave of productivity as far as it will take me.

Now you know why I titled the run "Shiro's Trial". Exactly why Mewtwo has subjected her to these trials . . . well, that will have to wait.

No promises on when the next update will be, but I'm in the mood to draw so hopefully it lasts long enough to get this done. Next up we head to the Sevii Islands!

Ardomew

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
I'm going to miss Neptune, but at least Shiro has finally become Champion!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Somehow, I don't think Mewtwo thought their cunning plan all the way through

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
No one:
Mewtwo: So has my constant interference made you like psychic pokemon yet?

Either way, gotta say I do like that champion wise, Shiro's rival didn't get petty or anything about them winning, it really shows their growth as a character.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
this ghost tries to be cool and kinda angsty, but ends up keysmashing about cute things anyway. they may project a bit too much onto their writing.
Omggggg this made me happy but also sad and aaaaaaaa

you tell 'em shiro (protag shiro i mean)

you roast 'em

Last edited:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Blue is surprisingly chill about one of his pokemon getting possessed and used to murder one of Shiro's. Maybe he's just holding it together for her sake? At least they get hugs. And cool champion capes. Can't be the champion without a cool cape, it's the rules.

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
I'm going to miss Neptune, but at least Shiro has finally become Champion!
Neptune's death was probably one of the hardest I've had, and it was made worse by having to go to the Sevii Islands without a surfer.

Somehow, I don't think Mewtwo thought their cunning plan all the way through
He may be a monster, but he's pretty naive about how people will respond to threats and violence.

Either way, gotta say I do like that champion wise, Shiro's rival didn't get petty or anything about them winning, it really shows their growth as a character.
I was worried that I didn't show enough of Blue's development as a trainer, so I'm glad that came across!
you tell 'em shiro (protag shiro i mean)
Shiro's not a pushover - try to push her and she'll push back.

Blue is surprisingly chill about one of his pokemon getting possessed and used to murder one of Shiro's. Maybe he's just holding it together for her sake? At least they get hugs. And cool champion capes. Can't be the champion without a cool cape, it's the rules.
Just pretend they talked about it off screen ;^^ He doesn't know about Mewtwo, but he would certainly feel bad about killing one of Shiro's pokemon.

Also yes, every Champion needs a cape.
Remember how I said I've been really motivated to finish this comic?
THE UPDATES KEEP COMING!!
Three days in a row baby.
I don't know how wise it is to give kids the authority to arrest people, but Giovanni seems to think it's a good idea.
Also, Shiro at the beginning represents me for the last 4 years. Overwatch is an addictive game.

This was a short page, so the next one might take a little longer. BUT I am determined to get this done soon. Stay tuned.

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Just caught this on DA, starting to think now that Giovanni is actually a decent dude and I was presumin' on him based on his game counter part... buuuuut, still got that lingering bit of doubt :P

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Oh crap! I thought this would end with Mewtwo fight right after the champion battle! but you are doing Sevii first!
What a nice surprise!
I am looking forward to who Shiro gonna recruits into her team!

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Just caught this on DA, starting to think now that Giovanni is actually a decent dude and I was presumin' on him based on his game counter part... buuuuut, still got that lingering bit of doubt :P
It's natural to be skeptical, after all - all you have is his word.

Road Trip!
More like boat trip! ^_-

Oh crap! I thought this would end with Mewtwo fight right after the champion battle! but you are doing Sevii first!
What a nice surprise!
I am looking forward to who Shiro gonna recruits into her team!
The whole comic has been leading up to these last 6 pages. I've had this story rattling around in my head for the last 10 years - it feels good to finally let it out.
As for new recruits . . . there's a few ;)

Let's keep the streak going.
UPDATE TIME!
quadruple multiplier!
Guess who forgot that Rhydon finally gets a rock-type move by level in gen 3?

Also what was I thinking, making Bill a Clefairy hybrid abomination *checks* 9 years ago. That was weird. Bill gets to be normal again.

Mewtwo is quite tenacious, but Shiro is even more stubborn. Wonder if he'll get the hint . . .
By now you've probably figured out my plan. I'm finishing this comic this week. One page a day until I'm done. Just to prove that I'm an idiot for taking 10 years to finish a comic that could have been done in a year.

Last edited:

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh man, OH MAN, OH MAN

It really sucks so hard when you have a Pokemon on your team for THAT long and they get taken out by what feels like pure dumb luck. And Shiro is right, if Mewtwo wants a favor he needs to just be straight forward and use that psychic power of his to open his mouth XD I know in her situation I'd be pretty damn annoyed by all that mysterious garbage on top of losin' my 'mons. At that point? Wouldn't help out of PURE spite >:V

RIP Here lies the coolest bat in the world
F for respects

Nessi

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Oh no! D:

I just read through the whole thing and really liked it! This Page especially has some really good art in it
Kate was my favourite so I´m really sad now :(

Ardomew

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Oh gods...

Hard to see Kate go like that. She was around for so long...

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
It really sucks so hard when you have a Pokemon on your team for THAT long and they get taken out by what feels like pure dumb luck. And Shiro is right, if Mewtwo wants a favor he needs to just be straight forward and use that psychic power of his to open his mouth XD I know in her situation I'd be pretty damn annoyed by all that mysterious garbage on top of losin' my 'mons. At that point? Wouldn't help out of PURE spite >:V
I mentioned before that Neptune held the record for being on the team for the most levels - that wasn't entirely true. Kate was also with me for 57 levels. They hold that record together.
Also yes, both Shiro and I are fueled by spite.

I just read through the whole thing and really liked it! This Page especially has some really good art in it
Kate was my favourite so I´m really sad now :(
Thank you! And I'm sorry 😭

Hard to see Kate go like that. She was around for so long...
It was entirely my fault. I remember choosing my attack then immediately thinking "wait, does Rhydon learn any rock moves naturally?" Yes. Yes it does.
Update Time!
5 days in a row, 4 pages left.

I combined the Pattern Bush and the Berry Forest for this one.

Mewtwo may play the part of big scary science abomination, but really he's just a petulant child who doesn't understand humans. Maybe Shiro can help him with that.

Last edited:

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
I can't believe Faba's fucking dead

Nessi

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Yeet that Hypno

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Wow, you fucking killed that hypno.

XD I like the interaction with Mew and Mewtwo here, I always thought it was interesting how Mewtwo was portrayed in the anime and often forget that they're likely a very young Pokemon in terms of their development considering they were grown in a lab and mostly isolated from others (unless you count that Mewtwo stuff with Ambertwo and the failed starter clones) I'm hoping that he can just approach Shiro directly without feeling the need to continue to speak through proxies and the like, very curious what it is they need help with.

Ardomew

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Dang, that Hypno got yeeted into next Wednesday!

Nice to see a Heracross on your team! I don't see this amazing bug on a lot of teams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)