• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke FAQ  Claim your trophies here!

Thread Description
get that mad gamerscore boost

kittenrobotarmy

HERE COME THE BUFFS
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Always has a cat on her lap and a run that she should be working on. Loves Fire Emblem and Persona.
Ah shit, here we go again with the Hoenn portion of my UCL.

Elementary, My Dear Wattson because I had just Grovyle and Zigzagoon at the time
Flannery O'Verheat with Sceptile
Winona Flyder also with Sceptile
Fair Fight since I only had two Pokemon against Roxanne, Brawly and Wattson, 1 against Winona, you get my point
New Is Always Better since I had Sceptile, Zigzagoon, Swablu and Castform
Hoenn Hall of Famer because yes

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
For Mistymeanor

(I didn't take a defeat screen. I just used gyarados for her and nothing else because she wasn't a threat to my team and it seemed entertaining enough.)

Don Giovanni

I was doing a monolocke anyways.

Killjoy

Oops! All Unova!
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the ride never ends, and crying is not an emergency
Alright, few more.
- I Think I've Found Myself a Cherenleader - Defeat Cheren without using your starter or Floccesy Ranch catch (used Sandile only, which was my Route 19 catch)
- Fair Fight - When facing a Gym Leader, have only as many Pokemon on your team as they have on theirs (had only Sandile and Litwick while facing Cheren, who has only two Pokemons)
- Ooo, Shiny! - Used shiny clause in a documented run (near the end, I found Shiny Hypno and I caught it, just to dunk it in the prison for eternity)
- Unova Hall of Famer - Successfully complete a documented run of a Unova game (I guess defeating Ghetsis in BW counts?)

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.

Six

AKA Cadence
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever, ???
Pokédex Entry
It uses its hefty bulk to execute powerful moves

Six

AKA Cadence
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever, ???
Pokédex Entry
It uses its hefty bulk to execute powerful moves

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
Dumbass Adventures: A Bug Type Monolocke
-Bug Maniac
-Dual of the fates
-Galar Hall of famer
-Logged and Loaded

-mine also kind of blurs into a screenshot run but I don't know if it qualifies for Hit Me With Your Best Screenshot

-Not sure what pokemons are B ranked since the sword & shield list doesn't seem to be out - to qualify for No Gods Or Kings. But I think my pokemons are all below the A tier.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-Not sure what pokemons are B ranked since the sword & shield list doesn't seem to be out - to qualify for No Gods Or Kings. But I think my pokemons are all below the A tier.
Making a note for myself to check back when they've got the galar viability rankings out

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Hey I'm just gonna run through the list of trophies i should have but forgot to ask about re: my UCL2 Runs.

Mistymeanor: No grass types or status moves, I used Raticate + Gyarados.
Queen Elesabeth II: I don't have evidence of this one on the thread, because I'm not doing writeups as I go anymore. I have the full fight written down, though? And I would've been paralysed if my Liepard didn't have Limber.
D.S. Al Koga: I just Amnesia setup and Surf sweep'd in yellow lmao
Blaine as Day: Does anyone actually use burn heals at that point?
Juan Question: What's in your Wallace?: *slaps Vileplume* this bad boy can fit so many solarbeams in it
Volknerswagen: I used Magmortar to solo this fight
Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Region Hall of Famer: 4 down, 3 to go!
Unova Hall of Famer: Except back on tapa i did UCL1 so I did Black and Black 2 there
Logged and Loaded: I assume the logs like these count? I dunno.

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
I am once again asking for someone to verify my achievement.

Fair Fight
When facing a Gym Leader, have only as many Pokemon on your team as they have on theirs.

11wildy

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Hello there, as discussed with Xerxos I will now post the final teams of my No pokecenter/market nuzlocke runs.
I tried to incorporate more Pokemon, but because healing was so limited I could not grind properly and I could only really add Pokemon I caught at certain level.

I don't have screenshots of these runs because 2 were played on cartridge and 1 was on my old laptop and I don't have the files anymore

If you need any more information, please ask and if any trophy is rejected from the list, please do tell me why so I can do it properly in a future run!

Final teams:
Leafgreen

Charizard
-Overheat (Was Flamethrower before champion)
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Rock Slide

Zapdos
-Thunder
-Drill Peck
-Rain Dance
-Detect? (Not sure not so important)

Fearow
-Drill Peck
-Mirror Move
-Some normal move
-Pursuit?

Farfetch'd (HM slave)

Only Charizard survived, Zapdos died to Lorelei, Fearow to Bruno.

Crystal:
Feraligatr
-Surf
-Icy Wind
-Earthquake
-Dynamicpunch

Suicune
-Surf
-Aurora Beam
-Rain Dance
-Gust? No clue

Gyarados
-Surf
-Strength
-Waterfall
-Whirlpool

Sapphire:
Swampert
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Rock Tomb
-Ice Beam

Kyogre
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder
-Calm Mind

I may have had some HM slaves in party for this one, dont remember. Quite irrelevant because Kyogre pretty much swept the whole league

Trophies:
High-Five (not sure how this is calculated but I think using no pokecenters AND no markets is really freaking hard)
Fiverr (I didn't have a full party in Crystal, so that's at most 5 then)
Fair Fight
Dual of the Fates
You've got a friend in me (In Leaf Green Charizard did everything after Lorelei solo (except Lance because I used an HM slave to heal))
Surge Protector (Charmeleon does not resist Electric)
D.S. Al Koga
The Dark Knight
Team Four star (Also Crystal)
Blaine as day
Tater Tots and Liza Beans
Oh Heal No
Three's a Crowd
Sailor (Not sure if the Crystal or Sapphire run counts but if not I also did an undocumented Water monolocke seperately)
Bird Keeper (Leaf Green)

Last edited:

11wildy

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
So I have completed a mono-Normal Bottom of the barrel Nuzlocke on pokemon Crystal. And boy was it crazy. Good thing I like
Rattata and Pidgeotto. All my thanks to Scramble the Togetic, carrying me all the way after Kangashkhan no longer could.

Changes to the game were:
Starter became Kangashkhan, so I would immediatly get a Pokemon I could use that would otherwise be unobtainable
Changed route 36 Pidgey's to Pidgeotto to do the Mirror trophy, as I needed an otherwise illegal level 9 Pidgeotto.

Please let me know if you want me to take screenshots of the HOF or such!

Starter: Kangashkhan
Route 33: Pidgey catch
Route 36: Pidgeotto catch
Dark Cave: Dunsparce catch

Falkner (With Pidgey level 7, Pidgeotto level 9)
Came down to him missing moves by Sand-Attack while I sacrificed Pidgey to lose the Accuracy drops on Pidgeotto

Violet City: Togepi egg

Rival 2: Lost Dunsparce to Rival's Bayleef, had to sacrifice a Pokemon

Bugsy (Solo Togepi)
Used an X attack when Kakuna was on low HP, then used Sweet Kiss on Scyther, using some Potions to heal until it hurt itself in confusion, then won.

Azalea town: Caught Aipom
Route 34: Failed to catch Ditto
Goldenrod gate: Got Kenya the Spearow

Whitney (Use Rollout)
Took down Clefairy with Kangashkhan's Headbutt, then used a Leer on Miltank before switching to Togepi. Used a Mud-slap, then switched to Aipom, using Thunderpunch twice, paralysing Miltank. Then switched back to Kangashkhan to take the hit, heal up Togepi, used Sweet Kiss, then finished it with Rollout.

Morty (Have to make him Struggle to death)
Aipom died to one of the Haunters. Togepi got Mean Looked by Gengar, dropped his Accuracy 6 stages, kept healing whenever I got hit. At the end I had to heal Togepi's PP and also use up all my X items to stall turns so Gengar would faint from Struggle.

Route 43: Caught Farfetch'd
Ruins of Alph: Failed to catch Smeargle

Kangashkhan died to a critical hit Aurora beam from Cloyster after hurting himself in confusion.

Then I got locked with the Electrodes in the rocket base. Sacrificing Pidgeotto and Spearow at two of them, I hoped to dodge the last Self-Destruct with Fly, or that Farfetch'd could take a hit. It surely couldn't take a critical hit.
Left with only Togepi now, which cannot evolved until after defeating pryce...

Trained up a Hoothoot and Rattata to avoid wiping if Togepi does not survive.

Pryce (Using Pokemon under 400 BST)
Rattata took down Seel and used Super Fang on Dewgong, barely surviving a critical Aurora Beam. Togepi then finishes the fight with Fire Blasts and evolves afterwards.

Jasmine (Using a pokemon that becomes Fairy type in later gen)
3x Fire Blast

Hoothoot died to a Weezing in the radio tower.
Rattata died to rival 4 fight in the underground. Got trapped and Cursed.

Claire (OHKO with a Pokemon under level 45)
Set up 6 X Attack on Pidgeotto, use Agility, healing whenever needed. One-shot all Dragonair with Wing Attack and Kingdra with Fly

Arrived at the league and grinded up some more of my random NFE captures so I would enter with a full team

Will:
Lead with Rattata, use Super Fang while Will confuses Rattata. I switch to the other Rattata, who gets OHKOd by Psychic. Then the first Rattata finishes Xatu, then Jynx as well. Exeggutor comes out, so Togetic sets up Sunny Day, killing with Fire Blast, then killing Slowbro with Solarbeam and Xatu with Double-Edge

Koga:
Lead with Togetic, set up 2 X Attack, then he Baton Passes to Forretress, which is one-shot by Fire Blast. Then Double-Edge finishes the rest.

Bruno:
Lead with Pidgeotto, taking down Hitmontop. Togetic then Solarbeams the Onix. Pidgeotto one-shots Hitmonchan, but leaves Machamp in the red, getting KOed by his Cross Chop. Hoothoot then gets killed by a critical Cross Chop. Togetic can then finish it with Double-Edge

Karen:
Lead with Aipom, switch when he gets confused, taking down Umbreon with Togetics Sun boosted Fire Blast. Gengar goes down after using Curse to the same move. Murkrow is handled by Aipoms Ice Punch, Vileplume by Fire Blast, sun runs out. Houndoom is then taken down by the last Double-Edge PP.

Lance:
Lead with Aipom and goes set up 6 X Attack and 1 X Speed, only setting up on Hyper Beam recharge turns or after a Rain Dance turn, healing otherwise. After setting up, Aipom one-shots everything bar Aerodactyl, who failed to KO Aipom.

Team:
Togetic
-Double-Edge
-Solarbeam
-Fire Blast
-Sunny Day

Aipom
-Strength
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch

Pidgeotto (RIP)
-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Agility

Rattata (RIP)
-Headbutt
-Quick Attack
-Super Fang
-Iron Tail

Rattata
-Headbutt
-Quick Attack
-Super Fang
-Pursuit

Hoothoot
-Dream Eater
-Hypnosis
-Reflect
-Fly

Youngster

Complete a successful documented Normal-type monolocke

Bottom of the Barrel:

Complete a Nuzlocke using only Pokemon ranked C- or below throughout the run.

Mirror Move

Defeat a rival, evil team boss, Gym Leader, Elite Four member, or Champion with a team identical to their own.

Bugsy Mogues

Sweep Bugsy with a Togepi or Togetic.

Whitneysing a Murder

GSC: Defeat Whitney by using Rollout.

Absolutely Mortyfied

Defeat Morty while making at least one of his Pokemon Struggle itself to death.

Smooth Jas

Defeat Jasmine with a Dark-type Pokemon or a Pokemon that has a Fairy typing in later generations.

Small Pryce to Pay

Defeat Pryce with Pokemon with base stat totals less than or equal to 400.

I Can See Clairly Now

OHKO all of Clair’s Pokemon without having any of your Pokemon over level 45.

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Uhh i dunno if i can get the Kanto gym achievements for the gen 2/4 versions, but if so, then:
Surge Protector, Mistymeanor
Defeat Surge without using any Pokemon that resistant or are immune to Electric-type moves.
Defeat Misty without using Grass-types or status moves.

Amerika the Beautiful, Blaine as Day
Defeat Erika using only Water-types, excluding Gyarados.
Defeat Blaine without a single Burn Heal in your inventory.

Last edited:

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Guess who has more trophies to redeem?
t h i s g u y
Sailor, Johto Hall of Famer, Logged and Loaded
Complete a successful documented Water-type monolocke.
Successfully complete a documented run of a Johto game.
Successfully complete your first documented Written Log.

LulzitsMatty

Helklo
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
I have a few thanks to my Monolocke series.

Brock n Roll, Surge Protector, Youngster, Hit me with your best Screenshot (Technically not my first, but still), Kanto Hall of Famer, Fair Fight (A staple in my runs as it's usually a ruleset. This run did have me go to Surge with a Raticate and Farfetch'd but that was only because of cut. My other runs have me going into gyms with no more than the leader.)

Ruin Maniac, Johto Hall of Famer

Put on the Red Light, Roxanne, Elementary My Dear Wattson, Flannery O'verheart, Winona Flyder (I actually have a question. That battle did end up with me losing something, but since it was a bug monolocke, I technically beat her with just bugs. Would this qualify?), Bug Maniac, Hoenn Hall of Famer. Also No Gods or Kings, though Scizor isn't listed. The viability may not be set for a randomiozed run.

Blackbelt, Sinnoh Hall of Famer

Logged and Loaded.

The Wrong Generation, but only if you accept a hack of FR/LF to basically be pokemon Yellow version. The runs would be as follow

And

Last edited:

11wildy

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
From my Pokemon Black run for the nuzlocke world cup!
I have team screenshots from pre-champion, but I won't share them here for everyone to see. They are in the World Cup Discord, I can post them after the round had ended if still necessary.

Lenora Sphere

Defeat Lenora with one of your Pokemon surviving a boosted Retaliate from her Watchog (may not be in the Roggenrola line).

Queen Elesabeth II

Defeat Elesa without any of your Pokemon ever getting paralyzed

Unova Hall of Famer

Successfully complete a documented run of a Unova game.
(Unless documented means that it needs to be on the forums specifically?)

Also achievement I did before was Bottom of the Barrel. This means I automatically also should have:

No Gods or Kings

Complete a Nuzlocke using only Pokemon ranked B+ or below throughout the run.

LHarm2007

Nuzlocker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 18, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He, His
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Although normally calm, joyful and slightly clever at school work, when you make him mad he goes crazy. This side never shows online though.
I need Venus of Milo.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Ashes To Ashes is complete. It is my first storylocke and my first Kanto run. Thus, I would like Kanto Hall of Famer and And So it was Written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)