• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke FAQ  Claim your trophies here!

Thread Description
get that mad gamerscore boost

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
Hello there!

Some of you may already know that the forums come with a built-in trophy system, and that we've added a fair number of challenge-related achievements to it. Currently, these have to be applied manually by a staff member - and we can only really do that if you tell us when you get them, which isn't usually the first thing on someone's mind when they update their run!

In the interest of making things more intuitive, post in this thread if you've earned a trophy and we'll apply it to your account. This includes trophies for runs you finished on zetaboards and tapatalk, so if you pulled off some crazy nuzlocke stunts before it was cool, you can still get points for it now.

You can find the full list of trophies here, the FAQ thread here, and the Nuzlocke Ratings site where most of these trophies are from here. Please include a link to the run where you earned the trophy as well as the trophy you want us to give you.

Shark

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is inconcievably cute. It tries to intimidate its foes with its long, luscious locks, but to little avail.

here's the run
the trophies so far are:
brock n' roll
put on the red light, roxanne
surge protector
gsc whitneysing a murder
absolutely mortyfied
blaine as day
i can see clairly now
ooo, shiny
youngster
kanto hall of famer
johto hall of famer

Toyotasomi no Miko

Toyo the Toyo, ft. Ultra Eviolite Rhydon
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Howdy! I'm Toyo the Toyo. So this is what the inside of a Pokedex is like...
Alright, let me see how many I think I have had between this forum and the last one...

Greater Banishment: Toyo Replays Pokémon Delta
- Gotta Catch 'em All
- Ooo, Shiny
- [REDACTED] Hall of Famer

UCL:
- Blaine as Day
- Scientist
- Kanto Hall of Famer
- Johto Hall of Famer
- Hit Me With Your Best Screenshot (i mean technically this wasn't the first but it works for this achievement technically)

Other Nuzforum Events:
- Kalos Hall of Famer (War of the Nations)
- Alola Hall of Famer (Sun/Moon Communitylocke)
- Logged and Loaded (literally just pick either of those)

Let's Talk Procyon and Deneb:
- The Road Less Traveled (technically? it's only the six gym beta so i'll let you guys personally judge this one, and if it doesn't count i'll go for it again when the full version's out)

(also hearts from those events, and spades from cool or cruel if you get those figured out)

Killjoy

Oops! All Unova!
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the ride never ends, and crying is not an emergency
Alright, here we go.

I'm assuming those kinds of runs count, so:
- Kanto Hall of Famer
- Hoenn Hall of Famer
- Johto Hall of Famer
- Elementary, My Dear Wattson (no Fire, Fighting or Ground type Pokemons in my team)

Six

AKA Cadence
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever, ???
Pokédex Entry
It uses its hefty bulk to execute powerful moves
Noah's Roark
Defeat Roark and switch out at least three Pokemon against his Cranidos.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/ucl-2-nuzlocke-extreme-the-return-of-the-new-kid.2051/#post-782481

[Tentative] The Wrong Generation
Complete at least two pairs of original games and their remakes (for example, one pair could consist of Red and FireRed).

If Emerald and Alpha Sapphire count:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nuzlocke_forum/ucl-the-new-kid-t21670.html#p1636806
And
https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/ucl-2-nuzlocke-extreme-the-return-of-the-new-kid.2051/#post-782205

High-Five
Complete a Nuzlocke with a cumulative ruleset difficulty of five or more.

Set Mode - 2
No Items in Battle - 3
Level Limit - 1

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/ucl-2-nuzlocke-extreme-the-return-of-the-new-kid.2051/#post-86986

Graveyard, who?
Post a documented deathless run.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nuzlocke_forum/ucl-the-new-kid-t21670.html#p1629045

Kanto Hall of Famer
Successfully complete a documented run of a Kanto game.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/ucl-2-nuzlocke-extreme-the-return-of-the-new-kid.2051/#post-86986

Johto Hall of Famer
Successfully complete a documented run of a Johto game.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nuzlocke_forum/ucl-the-new-kid-t21670.html#p1629045

Hoenn Hall of Famer
Successfully complete a documented run of a Hoenn game.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/ucl-2-nuzlocke-extreme-the-return-of-the-new-kid.2051/#post-782205

Galar Hall of Famer
Successfully complete a documented run of a Galar game.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/spoilers-swshcl-i-did-it.18950/

Hit Me With Your Best Screenshot
Successfully complete your first documented Screenshot Run.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nuzlocke_forum/ucl-the-new-kid-t21670.html#p1628343

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Why not?
White 2
Unova Hall of Famer
Logged And Loaded

Platinum
Sinnoh Hall of Famer

Emerald
Hoenn Hall of Famer
Graveyard, who?
Ooo, Shiny!
And So It Was Written

Kanto Randomlocke
Kanto Hall of Famer

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Cool, let's see how good my memory is and which of these I can get (I'm also using my Hall of Fame posts as the FAQ stated it is a legit source):

Let's Go Pikachu Lorelocke
Mistymeanor

The Guide to the Let's Go Nuzlocker
High-Five
Wildlife Preserver
D.S. al koga
Ooo, Shiny!
Kanto Hall of Famer

Gen II only Gold
New Is Always Better

Hall of Fame Summary
The Wrong Generation
(Red and FireRed, Ruby and Omega Ruby e.g.)

Omega Ruby
You've Got a Friend in Me

BlindBlack, Into the Abyss
Unova Hall of Famer

BlindBlack2, Light in the End of the Tunnel
Queen Elesabeth II

White Wedlocke
Lenora Sphere
Dr. Drayden feat. Iris Cube

Blinded by the Sun
Alola Hall of Famer

Squiggy Azalea

big chungus pls DM me 😳
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Electric, Tough
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
okay so i have a couple more trophies to add

Elementary, my Dear Wattson, Fair Fight, Ooo, Shiny! and High Risk, Low Reward.

Proof can be found here

forgot to post a team screen before the wattson fight but here was the team i used against him

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
Alright, I'm gonna claim a bunch here. There's a couple that I'm not completely sure about, so I'll include them and leave those up to your discretion.

Mistymeanor - I defeat Misty using only Wartortle's Bite and Mega Kick in this update of my globetrotter run.

Noah's Roark - This update of my globetrotter run.

Fair Fight - In this update I fight Juan with a team of 5.

Maylene Mean Fighting Machine and Wake Up, Sheeple! - In this update I beat Maylene using only Growth and Giga Drain, and Wake with only a Staraptor and a Roselia.

Reconstruction - The FireRed leg of my globetrotter run (signature) technically counts. I wiped to the second round of the Elite Four, then made a new team and took it out deathless. I don't know if that counts on account of how late in the game that happened, though.

No Dupes! - The Globetrotter run in my signature technically counts. I played all five Kanto games, and any Pokemon that was on my elite four team was banned from future runs. However, the Gen 1 games weren't documented on the forums, so I technically don't have *proof*. Also, Pokemon weren't banned if they died mid-run. So some Pokemon like Beedrill were used for brief periods of time in multiple runs. I'm throwing this out there, but if it doesn't count I'd understand.

Ooo, Shiny! - I caught a shiny Squirrap (fakemon) in this update of my Clover run.

Scientist and Logged and Loaded - Back on the old forums, I did this Mono-Poison written log.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and [REDACTED] Hall of famers - The runs in my signature. Technically for the canon regions, the run itself isn't completed, but I did beat documented Nuzlockes of those games.

Hit Me With Your Best Screenshot - The Clover run in my signature, which I just completed today.

Bird Keeper - I'm pretty sure this one won't count, but I'll include it just in case. I started This Mono-Flying Nuzlocke on the old forums. I never finished documenting it; however, I did finish the run itself in-game. I'm not sure if that counts, and I don't have a screenshot proof or anything. But if it helps, my final team was Xatu/Staraptor/Zapdos/Togekiss/Crobat/Dodrio.

Abigail

Harmony Princess (ハーモニープリンセス Hāmonīpurinsesu)
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 10, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A girl with magical abilities, Abigail is willing to help her friends no matter the problem.
I got the following:

First Message, Choose your starter, and Someone likes you

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Hunting time!

Superless Yellow:
Mistymeanor - Raticate + Body Slam
Kanto Hall of Famer

Superless Gold:
Small Pryce to Pay - Togepi
Johto Hall of Famer

Superless Crystal:
That Was Easy
Graveyard, who?
- Does it count if it's posted on imgur?

Superless Ruby:
Put On the Red Light, Roxanne - Poochyena + Bite
Fiverr
Hoenn Hall of Famer

Superless LeafGreen:
Surge Protector - I only had Charmeleon and Pidgeotto until after Vermilion

All of the above:
High Five - Superless is 4 points on its own

Killjoy

Oops! All Unova!
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
the ride never ends, and crying is not an emergency
Alright, let's go again.

- Watercress Salad with Cilantro and Chili Flakes - Defeat Chili, Cress, or Cilan using only your starter (defeated Cress with Litwick, that IS my starter in this run, so I hope it counts)
- Queen Elesabeth II - Defeat Elesa without any of your Pokemon ever getting paralyzed (defeated with Krokorok, which you also can get at this point in the vanilla game, AND no Static activation happened during the fight)

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Back because it might be a bit until I can cash in more of these:
Superless Emerald
Back to Mono - Sceptile, Dusclops (+Sudowoodo after the league, but that also fits)
New Is Always Better - Sceptile, Dusclops (since Sudowoodo was caught after the Hall of Fame)
Elementary, My Dear Wattson - Grovyle sweep
Flannery O'Verheat - Sceptile sweep
Team Four Star - Sceptile, Dusclops (a Zigzagoon and Wailmer were caught as HM slaves, but never used in battle)

The following depend on rules adjudication:
Fair Fight - Does having less pokemon as the gym leader qualify as "only as many"? i.e. A single mon vs Roxanne's two, or two mons vs Juan's five.
Three's a Crowd - Again Sceptile and Dusclops (a Zigzagoon and Wailmer were caught as HM slaves, but never used in battle)

Rainbow Robin

Toss a coin to your witcher, oh valley of plenty
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
A secret bunker, just off Route 2, next to Greggs
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
Literally Any
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Fighting

I did a thing and got...

1: Post a Galar Region Nuzlocke (Conqueror of the Galar Region)
2: Post a completed written log (And So It Was Written)
3, 4, 5: Use at most 3, 4 and 5 Pokemon on a team (I asked, you get all 3 for a 3-mon run) (Fiverr, Team Four Star, Three's A Crowd)
6: Use only Fairy-types (Fairy-Tale Girl)
7: Beat the champion with no HP loss, no items besides held items and more than one Pokemon used in the fight (Untouchable)
8: Rebuild from a loss of more than half of the team, then have no more deaths (Reconstruction)
9: Debatable, but... Use only Dual-Typed Pokemon. (I'm fairly sure this counts, since everything evolved into a dual-type, nothing died while monotype, and I never used that Spritzee.) (Dual of the Fates)
10: Fought Nessa and Kabu with only 3 Pokemon in the party. (Fair Fight)

Proof for about half of them is in my link, the only one that really needs taking on faith is that Togekiss and Weezing bit it against Rose

Reactions: Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
@Rainbow Robin congratulations! You should see all your trophies as soon as the system checks for them again.

kittenrobotarmy

HERE COME THE BUFFS
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Always has a cat on her lap and a run that she should be working on. Loves Fire Emblem and Persona.
Oh boy here we go

For the Kanto portion of my UCL Grass Sololocke, I earned the following:

Dual of the Fates (only use dual-typed Pokemon): Venusaur, Farfetch'd and Lapras are all dual-typed if you want to count my HM slaves too.
You've Got a Friend in Me (use your starter to sweep an E4 member/the Champion): the run was a Venusaur solo, setup was only used on Blue though I can't really prove this so feel free to X: Doubt
D.S. al Koga (defeat Koga by making one of his Pokemon use Selfdestruct): I also can't prove this since I didn't take a screenshot, though I did have this reaction yesterday on Discord. Feel free to X: Doubt here as well
The Dark Knight (in every fight against your rival, use your starter to take on their starter): it was a Venusaur solo so I had no choice.
Blaine as Day (fight Blaine without a Burn Heal in your inventory): I did actually take pictures of my inventory for this one, you can find them in the update.
Don Giovanni (sweep Giovanni with a Poison type Pokemon): Venusaur is dual Grass/Poison.
Gardener (complete a Grass type monolocke): It's my whole thing for this UCL.
Kanto Hall of Famer (successfully complete a documented run of a Kanto game): Yes.
Graveyard, Who? (complete a deathless run): My HM slaves got knocked out to prevent double battles but apparently that's fine

Last edited:

kittenrobotarmy

HERE COME THE BUFFS
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Always has a cat on her lap and a run that she should be working on. Loves Fire Emblem and Persona.
I'm back again lads with my Johto portion of UCL. This time, not nearly as many accidental trophies.

Back to Mono since Meganium is a Grassy lass
Johto Hall of Famer
assuming you don't count the entire UCL as a run

Now, there's are two trophies I technically qualify for but also don't feel it's fair to give me, Extreme Set Mode and Team Effort. I obviously never switch out during the run and only Meganium/Venusaur were on my team during the Elite Four matches since I put my HM users in the box, but since this isn't a conscious decision I made as opposed to legitimately challenging/handicapping myself, I don't feel as though I should get them on this particular type of run. Just thought I'd throw them out there regardless.

SnackyTheSylph

He's a jolly fellow
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
Alright, here I come with another huge dump of trophies to claim.

The Ocean Blue - a Blue version Water monolocke
In this run, I accomplished:
Sailor - It was a Water monolocke, and I completed it.
Graveyard, who? - No deaths.
Three's a crowd - the fourth slot was only ever occupied by Dux, the Cut/Fly slave who never battled. Also, it's still unclear to me if you have to do the 3, 4, and 5 slot trophies separately, so. Let me know I guess.
Wildlife preserver - The only "wild" Pokemon I defeated was Marowak, which is required to do for plot progression and you can't catch it so does it really count?
Back to Mono - I only used Blastoise, Vaporeon, and Kingler, which are all pure Water types.
High-Five - If I understand the system correctly, then Set mode + no items in battle + monolocke is a difficulty of 8, which qualifies.
Surge protector - My entire team was weak to Electric.
Amerika the Beautiful - It was a Water monolocke, so. Yeah.
D.S. al Koga - His Weezing used Self-Destruct in update #4.

Gardenia of Eden - Gardenia swept with Eterna Forest's Misdreavus in Pearl.

BYRONICLE - Byron beaten using only Blissey's Psychic and Thunderbolt, and Octillery's Aurora Beam.

Sinnoh Hall of Famer - I cleared both Diamond and Pearl in the linked Globetrotter run.

Bugsy Mogues - Done here.

Whitneysing a murder and Absolutely Mortyfying - In this update of my globetrotter: Whitney defeated with just Croconaw and Quagsire (both level 20), and Morty's Gengar struggles to death.

How much wood would Chuck chuck?, Smooth Jas, and Small Pryce to pay - In this update of my globetrotter: I defeat Chuck by using Strength 21 times, sweep Jasmine with a Togetic, and sweep Pryce with a Corsola (BST 380 in gen 4).

I can see Clairly now - Accomplished in this update of my globetrotter, with help from X items and Spikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)